[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you like Family Guy anymore, hypocrite?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1380551395478.jpg (33KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1380551395478.jpg
33KB, 500x379px
Why don't you like Family Guy anymore, hypocrite?
>>
File: VIDEO GAMES.jpg (847KB, 1280x867px) Image search: [Google]
VIDEO GAMES.jpg
847KB, 1280x867px
I'm fucking gay please bully me
>>
It's mean-spirited, gross, and petty as fuck.

It makes me want to actually beat up Seth Macfarlane. Yes, I know he doesn't write the scripts. I don't care. He's cruising for a bruising.
>>
>>88551152
I know your mother wasn't responsible for me, but she's fucking earned what's coming to her.
>>
>>88551126
>anymore
>>
File: cookies.jpg (26KB, 356x326px) Image search: [Google]
cookies.jpg
26KB, 356x326px
>>88551126
>Why don't you like Family Guy anymore, hypocrite?
>anymore
>like
>>
I saw the South Park episode about ti and it just wasn't funny to me anymore. I mean, maybe one or two jokes here and there, but when I saw that the were all cut-aways and totally interchangeable, I just lost my interest.
>>
>>88551220
Oh come on, I don't even rate south park on the actual quality of an episodes. it and family guy are about the good jokes.
did it have a fucking good joke? good, good on them, that's what you're supposed to fucking do
nobody god damn cares about the storyline in these things, this isn't the simpsons pre-season 5.
>>
I like early Family Guy. The pre-cancelation.

They came back with a formula that they thought would make great jokes but completely destroyed any sort of smart character humor.

Can't have a dad who is a bit stupid but still has a heart of gold where it counts. Gotta make him actually retarded and selfish. Can't mess with the "baby plotting world domination" bit because "effeminate baby who can talk" is sooo much better. That sorta shit.

I like the humor that is directly due to character, which is why I think the Road to episodes are great. They take the basic template of Brian and Stewie and make plot around that. Road to Rhode Island was so good because it actually had some emotional weight to it. Brian tries to get his life together and Stewie is part of that growth, on a road trip. That's good for plot and builds them both up and allows for good interaction. Good character depth. Something the writers before had done alright.
>>
>>88551284
i am so glad stewie changed. gadget baby genius is much worse than kinda gay person
>>
>>88551296
I get your reasoning but I disagree. The gadgets never left. One consistent plot device they use is time travel because of Stewie.

The way Stewie is now, he has no agenda. No reason to have the time machine. He has it for plot, not for machinations or desires. He just has it because how else will they have comedy related to different time periods?

The difference is him being gayer as the series goes on and that's fine too. But it's not believable. I can get Stewie being gay as "hah, the baby is gay" but it just feels like they took a line or two of him in the first series and go "let's make that his thing now".
>>
>>88551361
I also dislike the convenience of time travel. There was this sweet spot between seasons 4 and 9ish where Stewie wasn't so convenient for plots that I enjoy. Can't rewatch episodes like Back to the Pilot
I'm only now watching season 14 and Stewie is only used for

>plot is going on
>serious plot discussion
>stewie speaks up to say his juice is dry
or whatever the fuck, it's constant and unending.
>>
I think the show went downhill immediately as it entered season 4

I've always heard fans say seasons 4-5 are "teh best" and I just don't understand that. When I first saw season 4, I noticed the more douchey style of humor (if that makes any sense) and the overly long dialogues and stuttering used for comedic purposes, which would become a staple of every season afterward.

Also season 4 was when Stewie became gay and happy. I mean he's still kinda angry and cynical but noticeably less so.
>>
>>88551126
I'm not in middle school anymore.
>>
>>88551126
I actually watched a few newer Family Guy episodes recently, and I was surprised how much they made me laugh. I don't think current Family Guy is that bad, but it has two major problems.

One, the jokes that go on for too long. The whale forklift, the dead frog, the godawful Conway Twitty shit. Peter bruising his knee was funny when it first happened, but everything that followed is just a waste of time.

Two, the pop-culture references. I know this is a big part of the show, but the cutaways that involve the show's own characters are almost always much funnier. The pop-culture gags are always either predictable, topical celebrity jokes, or "hey, what if this children's cartoon character killed people/swore/had sex/did drugs?"
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 684x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 684x360px
Seth knows about the Chandler and his obsession with Meg.
>>
>>88551126

Family Guy isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, but the biggest problem is that they aren't really a family anymore, more a group of sociopaths who hurt each other as much as they can

If I wanted to watch that, I'd watch a show that does it much better, with some actual pathos: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
>>
>>88551126
I'm no longer 14
>>
>>88551126
That question implies there was ever a time I liked Family Guy.
>>
It insists upon itself.
>>
>>88551126
I never liked Family Guy and I never said I did.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.