[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why did the message of this episode fly over everyone's heads?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

why did the message of this episode fly over everyone's heads?
>>
Because people don't watch comedy shows to glean "messages".
>>
>getting your morals and lessons from a COMEDY CARTOON
Pfft. You guys ever wonder why people don't you seriously?
>>
>>88547279
>>88547302
south park always teaches a lesson though
>>
Because they forgot about Scott Tennerman.
>>
>>88547253
/pol/ understood
>>
>>88547253
I in fact know more people that became more racist and stupid after watching south park and family guy (Chris Chan for example). not that this is fault of the show for people being stupid.

It's like Wayans Family movies, the retarded fandom start to act like the stereotypes because they think that this is how they should really act and not realize that it is a caricature
>>
Was racism against gingers even a thing before this episode?
>>
>>88548138
Unless you want to count the harassment of the Irish immigrants to America way back when, or how in pre-revolution France that having red hair was scorned by the aristocracy as a sign of being a peasant, then no.

The entire point was to show how fucking stupid racism is in concept, and how one idiot spouting garbage can lead to a disaster.
>>
>>88548415
this
poltards are worse than the sjws they claim to hate
>>
>>88548584
They're both annoying. But so are people like me who hate both of them. The worst part is, there's now a SP episode for all three of us.
>>
>>88548138
I'm pretty sure the UK had been joking about gingers for a long time before the episode, but that would have just been British banter.

I had never heard of disliking gingers before the episode, but I'm Canadian and was in high school at the time, so my experience may not count for much.
>>
>>88548138

I dunno, but it seems like every ginger boy I see on TV is either the nerdy sickly wimp, or the stocky ugly bully.

As a ginger myself I think we're pretty hot shit
>>
>>88547279
But that's the entire purpose of satire.
>>
>>88547302

>You guys ever wonder why people don't you seriously?

I do
>>
>>88548584
>worse than
That's a stretch.
As bad as is closer to the mark, if less taken seriously.

>>88549124
Outlander has a hot (dark) ginger headed lead. Though he's basically William Wallace lite.
>>
>>88549592

>Outlander

You mean that show/book that sounds like a plot off a cheap dollar-store womens' romance novel?
>>
>>
>Ginger rearranged spells Nigger

It's pretty obvious
>>
>>88549624
Exactly what it is, but it's damn entertaining none the less.
>>
>>88549647

H-how have I never noticed this...?
>>
>>88547279
>>88547302
One of the most basic functions of the comedian is to point out absurdities and hypocrisy in a society.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl4VD8uvgec
>>
>>88547253
Because the teenagers watching only want to quote the funny jokes to their friends at school
>>
>>88547253
What message? That you should marry Asian women?
>>
File: 1407556304202.jpg (15KB, 127x127px)
1407556304202.jpg
15KB, 127x127px
>>88549647
Never even thought about that.
>>
>>88548138
Yes, it was. Back in the 90's in elementary school I even had a black friend get expelled cause of an incident where he claimed to be the Black Hilter and beat up a ginger for being one third jewish.
>>
>>88549631
more like Aaron Miskine lol
>>
>>88548584
>le /pol/ boogeyman
>>
It sucks that this episode came out when I was 12, when kids are at their most dickish, I was even nearly beaten up for been ginger by a group of scangers ( irish chavs)
>>
does trey parker hate me cause im ginger?
>>
I'm an old neckbeard, but when I was a kid in the 70s, many people hated gingers back then. And a common flame thread was love/hate redheads on the first electronic bulletin boards way back in the late 70s/early 80s.

Something about pale skin and freckles can set off disgust in otherwise normal white people.

But it will cause boners in others, so whatever.
>>
>>88551196
Why were you friends with Black Hitler?
>>
>>88551196
How can a person be one third anything?
>>
File: 1468289180609.jpg (27KB, 500x375px)
1468289180609.jpg
27KB, 500x375px
>>88549647
>what witchcraft is this
>>
It's because a surprisingly large portion of south parks viewer base are actual children who can't pick up on the bluntness of the messages they're trying to tell
>>
>>88549680
>American comedy
>>
>>88553950
Well you see, when a mummy loves a daddy loves a ginger...
>>
>>88548138
ginger here yes it was but it was only a problem if you where a victim in the first place. I'm happy being a ginger though. I'm just glad I don't have brown hair.

>having the default hair colour
>>
>>88551196
BASED
>>
>>88553950
Jew dad, half-Jew mom.
>>
>>88559671
That would be thee quarters.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.