[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So in the toy story canon, the show that Buzz is based on is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: Zurg.png (280KB, 541x433px) Image search: [Google]
Zurg.png
280KB, 541x433px
So in the toy story canon, the show that Buzz is based on is in fact "Buzz Lightyear of Star Command"

The theory that "why does Buzz think he is real" comes down to the technology that makes him to be as "life like as possible" which makes sense, as Buzz is pretty accurate to his cartoon self.

Okay so here is the question.

Why was Zurg toy not a gag villain like his cartoon self?
>>
>>88529378
Because it wasn't worth holding to the canon when show Zurg was so much more fun
>>
>>88529378
Zurg thinks he is serious.
>>
The zurg from the series was far from being a "gag villian" no matter how goofy he was, I mean the guy was a telekinetic ciborg with machine guns for arms, could shoot lasers from his eyes and was in charge of a star wars sized army.
Zurg was a cheap vader knockoff in toy story, he actually was more entertaining and had personality in the series, some of his lines were pure gold

>You may. . Enslave the population, women and children first, I'm an equal opportunity enslaver
>>
I gotta rewatch this series. Zurg is a top tier villain.
>>
>>88530687
THAT'S JUST JIM CRACKIN' DANDY!!!
>>
>>88532262
I'd love to rewatch it! do you know where can i find it?
>>
>>88529378
I think the show Zurg was altered in personality because of some background whoha between the person behind the Toy Story movie and who directed the show. Or something like that.
>>
>>88534076
Youtube m8
>>
>>88530687

>Stealing Buzz' newspaper

What a villain
>>
>>88529378
Because

>Movie was in production much earlier than the TV show. Zurg's character was hardly defined.
>Movie Zurg is a minor character, thus not worth developing.
>Movie writers =/= cartoon writers
>>
>>88536591
>turns all of star command into flesh blobs
>Gives superpowers to terrorists
>Creates a vampire that feeds on the robotic population
>Has multiple forced labor camps on different planets

He may be silly at times , but that doesn't change what he does
>>
>>88536664
>>Movie was in production much earlier than the TV show. Zurg's character was hardly defined.
That actually maked me wonder if the series guys designed zurg much earlier and Pixar was stuck with that design, that would explain why they don't like it
>>
>>88529378
The two sides had a different purpose for the character. For the movie, they wanted a cheap Vader knockoff for a quick joke. For the cartoon, they needed someone as entertaining as possible.

You could also ask why Zurg wasn't Buzz' father. But I think they used a similar joke in the cartoon.
>>
>>88534076
watchcartoononline has them, but I can't promise it's high quality. Probably better than youtube.
>>
>>88536954
I'm pretty sure the very first time anybody saw Zurg was in a Toy Story-themed shooter ride at Disney World.
>>
File: HyperDeathRay.jpg (53KB, 461x341px) Image search: [Google]
HyperDeathRay.jpg
53KB, 461x341px
HYPER DEATH RAY!!!
>>
>>88529378
Was it still canon that Zurg is Buzz's father?
>>
>>88538666
No, but Zurg tries to psych Buzz out with the false claim on no less than two occasions.
>>
>>88529378
You're thinking too hard on a shitty cartoon based on a shitty mad up spin off in a shitty movie that destroyed the animation industry with its soulless, void of a style called "CGI" instead of conventional methods.
>>
File: datbeard.jpg (18KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
datbeard.jpg
18KB, 210x240px
Why wasn't an Evil Buzz toy ever made?

I would kill for this to be in the movie.
>>
>>88537076
>You could also ask why Zurg wasn't Buzz' father. But I think they used a similar joke in the cartoon.

I actually wonder if they could make that work in the series
>>
File: 1476159687699.gif (964KB, 397x658px) Image search: [Google]
1476159687699.gif
964KB, 397x658px
>>88538778
>Shitty series
>>
>>88539700
Considering Buzz' reaction to the couple times that Zurg taunts him about it, it's a possibility. At the very least Buzz doesn't seem to know his father. Or has enough doubt about who his real one is.
>>
File: dscf1314.jpg (197KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
dscf1314.jpg
197KB, 800x1067px
>>88538879
EH...it would look sort of shitty
>>
>>88539743
Wait "couple of times?" I only remember that time they fought with crystals.

He does mention being raised by "nana lightyear" and not his parents
>>
Somebody draw me Zurg and Lord Hater hanging out.
>>
>>88539876
A different anon insisted it was on at least 2 occasions that Zurg claimed to be his father. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. All I know is it happened at least once.
>>
>>88539876
The very first episode also had Zurg doing it to psych out Buzz, if I recall right.
>>
>>88539880
You mean zurg and his inferior version
>>
>>88539939
You're just making me want more. Now I want a comic of a intergalactic villain exchange program with Hater and Zurg switching.
>>
The impression I got from the DTV pilot was that the series as we know it was brand new, a sequel/revamp of some original version of Buzz Lightyear. Why else would the toys be so excited to watch a series that had been on for at least a few years?

>>88536954
If I'm not mistaken, you can make out a crayon drawing of Zurg in Andy's Room in the first movie. I'll see if I can find a pic.
>>
>>88541544
Here, bottom right drawing. Not a complete match, but a generally similar design to how Zurg ended up, from what we can see.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.