[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any fucking reason this show should exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
How did DC approve of this garbage?

And while I'm at it, why is EVERY WESTERN CARTOON THESE DAYS taking awesome concepts and purposefully striving to make the characters and events so banal, down to earth and mediocre?

Why can't we have actual heroes and adventures and badass villains with actually diabolical plots again?
>>
>>88525846
>Why can't we have actual heroes and adventures and badass villains with actually diabolical plots again?
List of shows with what you described airing/airing soon

Voltron
Justice League Action
Samurai Jack 2017
Star Vs
Young Justice Season 3
>>
Justice League Action is exactly that, though.
>>
File: TeenTitans.png (177KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
TeenTitans.png
177KB, 500x348px
>>88525846
Young Justice getting a 3rd season gives me asinine hope that we will get season 6 but another part of me worries that if they ever did bring the show back, it would be a reboot instead of a continuation from season 5 because its been over a decade since the show aired.
>>
>>88525846
It's easier to write/animate wacky chibi hijinks than it is to write/animate an action drama with tons of continuity like the original TT. And it sells better.
>>
>>88525846
Original TT ended 10 years ago. It's time to move on.

There's tons of good shows out there if you open your fucking eyes.
>>
>>88526302
That show got a long life and a definite ending.

The only DC shows I'm okay with bringing back are the ones that got legitimately screwed over and have potential for more. So, Legion of Superheroes, Green Lantern: The Animated Series, and Beware the Batman.
>>
>>88525846
TTG is good though. It's much better than the forced lore and muh feels garbage that's being overused these days
>>
>>88525846
So that screenshot reminds me. There was a anti-bullying campaign where TTG were being used for marketing, but this fucking episode here exists where Robin (playing the "All American Boy") is being a HUGE bully to Beast Boy who he not only forced into the role of a book worm but then proceeded to beat him up LIKE A BULLY for being said bookworm.

Like that's fucked up.
>>
File: TTG_ep113_TheFourthWall_Still01.jpg (226KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
TTG_ep113_TheFourthWall_Still01.jpg
226KB, 1200x675px
>>88525846
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AsomkWscrA
>tfw the show acknowledged that /co/ was right about it being complete shit
>tfw /co/ actually won and should be proud about it and move on
>tfw /co/ still whines about it anyway
>>
>>88527642
Then they proceed to pat themselves in the back for all the other "meta" episodes.
>>
>>88525846
It's just a fun little comedy series. I don't know why it's mere existence triggers some people so fucking hard. It's not like it was either TTG or TT season 6.
>>
>>88527642
Not even remotely subtle.
>>
>>88525846

Nobody buys the toys.
>>
>>88525846
you can have your adult situations in your billion dollar movies aimed at adults

you can't have your adult situations in little kids shows made for little kids

idiot
>>
File: teen titans go zelda sword.jpg (60KB, 979x551px) Image search: [Google]
teen titans go zelda sword.jpg
60KB, 979x551px
>get a cousin's 9 year old Zelda and an NES console thing for Christmas
>he goes into a cave to get the sword
> "It's just like that episode of Teen Titans Go!"
>>
>>88525846
What? This show is comfy af.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 256x197px
>>88525846
1. Capeshit is bad by default. They've been rehashing the same garbage for decades. And the idea was ridiculous to begin with
2. Modern Cartoon Network is kill
3. Lowest common denominator shows sell

>>88526102
>Samurai Jack 2017
I have that nagging feeling that it's gonna get canned. I'll be happy if I'm wrong though
>>
>>88527642
It's more like
>"Yeah, it's not like the original. BUT FUCK YOU WE'RE DOING IT ANYWAYS SO CRY MORE YOU MANCHILD!"

Saying "it's bad", doesn't make it good.
>>
>>88525846
> It's a kids show for kids
>>
fuck off it's fun.

also, the spin-off comic is pretty good as well.
>>
>>88525846
This show is for literal toddlers, OP. As in, Dora demographic. They do not give two fucks as long as kiddies keep their eyes glued to the screen. Complaining about this show specifically is like complaining that you got a girl's toy in your happy meal. It is not even remotely intended for fans of the old cartoon.
>>
anyone have a MEGA link to all the episodes?
>>
File: 1406602963848.jpg (18KB, 250x278px) Image search: [Google]
1406602963848.jpg
18KB, 250x278px
>>88530306
You say its a show for kids but then how come a bunch of people who browse this site watch it? If the show isn't intended for fans of the old show then why did they use the character designs and settings from the old show? My problem with TTG is that it feels like you could replace the titans with entirely new original characters and the show would still be about the same thing. It would still be a goofy show where the characters bust each others balls yet they chose to use the characters from the 2003 show. TTG feels like to me that its trying to have its cake and eat it too. It wants to be its own show but it uses designs and ideas from the old show.
>>
>>88525846

>Is there any fucking reason this show should exist?

Most media don't have any direct utility. TTG gets good ratings, it's making money for someone, and that's good enough.

Look at it this way. Despite being a show you hate, by being profitable it's potentially amortizing the cost of shows you do like. This is the main reason to have networks/publishers. The spreading of cost and profits around.

>Why can't we have actual heroes and adventures and badass villains with actually diabolical plots again?

While we would appreciate those things, it's largely wasted effort on their target audience.

As long as television relies on advertising, we the audience will not have a direct say in these matters. As long as we don't directly support cartoons, television and web shows will have to rely on advertising. It's a tough cycle to break.
>>
>>88530784
If they had used different character designs and voices I don't think most people would have given a damn what this show does.
>>
>>88530784
I'm sure it was pitched as an appeal to a wider demographic of both kids and fans of the old show but was lost when they saw how well it performed with younger audiences.

People on this board watch it because either a) they are in denial about TTG being a gutted corpse mask for a babysitting program , b) watch out of morbid curiosity, or c) are legit pony faggot manchildren
>>
>>88525846
The shows you want already exist and/or are currently airing. You can say this 94% of the time anyone complains about why any type of show is allowed.
I agree that shows trying to be down-to-earth lately is lame, but I hope you don't believe TTG is trying to do the same thing.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (240KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
240KB, 1280x720px
>>88525846
Is it really that wrong hat they are going something fun in a show targeted at a demographic completely different than your own with characters that you liked in an entirely different show not related to this one while the production of this work is not stopping them from working in other things that you like?
>>
>>88530784
It's for kids.
You're just an autistic sperg.
>>
>>88530784
>how come a bunch of people who browse this site watch it
because autism
>>
I'm not mad with the fact they cancelled the original show with plot points unresolved. I'm not mad they made a more kid friendly spin-off of the original show. I'm not even mad about the shitty flash animation, What makes me made is that this show gave us THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay5592e9KUg
>>
File: Nuppg.jpg (95KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Nuppg.jpg
95KB, 1600x900px
>>88533096
tell that to the PPG autismos
>>
File: 9e3.gif (360KB, 180x432px) Image search: [Google]
9e3.gif
360KB, 180x432px
>>88533096
Honestly, I wish I didn't give a shit about a show that came out over a decade ago and could just move on but for some reason I just can't let it go.
>>
>>88533379
LET IT GOOOOO

LET IT GOOOOO
>>
>>88525846

dude just watch anime or movies
straight up 'beat up the bad guy, save the town/world/princess/whatever' adventure cartoons for kids have always been generic horseshit, save for DBZ, a couple of DC animated series and a handful of others, you just got older, I'm not one of those "hurr durr ur a dum autist if u watch cartoons nd r an adult" types because, for fuck's sake, it's 2016, EVERYONE below the age of about 25-30 watches cartoons now, but I cannot name more than 5 cartoons from my childhood that followed that formula that weren't completely forgettable. Plus usually it's watered down if it's for kids (and isn't anime) anyways, I remember always wanting to watch adult adventure movies/series/anime because every fucking cartoon was some weak ass fufu lame shit like that one Dragon Rider show from Canada with bare minimal violence and forgettable shitty uninteresting lore.
>>
>>88525846
Why does TTG trigger /co/ so hard?
>>
>>88533551
Something something old show something nostalgia something something "I want muh action and drama, and CN gave me slapstick".
>>
We only give CN more power if we pay attention to their weapons
The best way to combat a TV network is with ratings, so if you hate the show so much, don't watch it
It will fade and die just like every other show did, so there's no point in giving it power over you while it's still alive
>>
Teen Titans Go is still humorous when it takes the piss out of DC and it does that quite often. The problem is the toilet humor and episodes devoted to screaming about food stuffs.
>>
>>88533995
LOL WAFFLES! SO RANDUMB!
>>
>>88528199
Most wouldn't be up in arms if it weren't so lazily assembled. A purely comedic series is fine... If it's actually funny, clever, and competent.

No, saying it's just for kids isn't a defense, because it's made by adults who's bullshit job it is to make the best possible product they can.

But if you wanna shorthand comedy to VOICE ACTORS SCREAMING FOR 8 OUT OF THE 12 MINUTES ALLOTTED you open yourself up to the criticism of your peers and audience. Who are people either the same age or older than those on your staff.

Even then, even if the writing and comedy are subpar efforts, it's that it airs ALMOST CONSTANTLY, re-running their 5 day special island adventure every other week, blocks of episodes occupying up to two hours of the programming, every single time I tune to the channel it's on, about to be on, or just finished airing.

And that's a goddamn crime.
>>
File: #1.jpg (339KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
#1.jpg
339KB, 1600x1600px
>>88525846

Cartoon Network needs to frequently inflict massive amounts of human suffering in order to keep a malevolent cosmic horror dormant...

CN was actually the heroes all along, it was them...
>>
>>88525846
The amount of butthurt you feel is more than enough reason for it to exist.
>>

Because the entire existence of TTG is make fun of the audience that watched 2003 TT
>>
>>88536338
I'll take the horror thank you very much. Here comes the sweet release of death.
>>
>>88533995
>Teen Titans Go is still humorous when it takes the piss out of DC and it does that quite often
I only remember them making fun of Man of Murder, Justice League and seriousness.

Just make it a capeshit version of Carnival Phantasm already where you make fun everything DC.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.