[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they right /co/? Are too many disney movies following this format?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: capture.png (1MB, 767x2228px) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
1MB, 767x2228px
Are they right /co/? Are too many disney movies following this format?
>>
>>88523214
This is just Tangled and Zootopia deconstructed.
>>
Wow what an insightful observation omg the level of analytics is crazy here!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE DISNEY OF ALL PEOPLE WOULD UTILIZE AN INCREDIBLY BASIC PLOT STRUCTURE FOR MOST OF THEIR MOVIES THAT ARE AIMED AT GENERAL AUDIENCES??? Hahaha xddxdd where's the upboat button how do I give this amazing genius Reddit gold for changing my life today with this amazing deconstruction
>>
Moana, Tangled, Zootopia, and arguably Princess and the Frog all apply.

So maybe. They all do it in fairly different ways though.
>>
>>88523255
And Frozen
>>
>/co/ even hates the lovable scoundrel archetype now because "muh ess-jay-dubya-ism"

Jesus H. Christ people. I miss back when we just went "Ayyy, somethin' for errybuddy!" and drew sexy fanart of male and female leads equally.
>>
>>88523278
Back to tumblr.
>>
>>88523333
You seem oversensitive, since nobody said shit about SJWs and there's only one post.
>>
File: Kristoff.gif (930KB, 300x289px) Image search: [Google]
Kristoff.gif
930KB, 300x289px
>>88523320
>Kristoff
>smug
>jaded
>a jerk
>cynical
At least watch the fuckin' movie before you bitch about it.
>>
>>88523381
It's implicit. "Oooh, this male character is only being mean/smug/whatever to look worse next to the female lead!" seems to be the gist of OP's complaint, and even if it wasn't, you know goddamn well that's what this was going to turn into.
>>
>>88523412

Kristoff is a cunt though. That's kind of the point of his character; he's supposed to be a reverse of Hans.
>>
>>88523444
Not at all. That's just you being oversensitive.
What OP was doing was pointing out and generalizing formulas of Disney movies.
You're desperate to see something as an attack on SJWs to defend from you decided to read that.
>>
>>88523214
Don't forget twist villain.

He totally is though. He's antisocial and critical of Anna's idealistic worldview.
>>
>>88523444
>"Oooh, this male character is only being mean/smug/whatever to look worse next to the female lead!" seems to be the gist of OP's complaint
This is nowhere but inside your persecution complex-riddled mind.
>>
>>88523255
And Moana and Frozen. And Bolt follows this, too, but with the genders swapped.
>>
Okay, Flynn was cynical but he was never mean to Rapunzel and Hans was a nice guy. This complaint only really applies to Zootopia and Moana and Zootopia went deeper than that
>>
>>88524310
>Hans was a nice guy

:^)
>>
>>88523296
Yeah, all of those movies didn't feel like their plots were so formulaic when I saw them, so I guess they're doing something right. But now that I've had it pointed out like this it's gonna be hard to unsee, kinda like Dreamworks face.

I hope Gigantic doesn't follow this trend.
>>
>>88523412
He initially doesn't want to help Anna because he hates all of humanity and prefers to avoid them in favor of the company reindeer and trolls. You posted a gif where he is singing a song about it. That right there is pretty jaded, jerky and cynical, and he also definitely had his smug moments as well.
>>
Yes and no.
I'm more upset at the fact their lazily rewriting the same female protagonist time and time again then the actual plot construction.

Sure when boiled down to basics that's how a lot of their recent plots are but this is boiled down to it's absolute most basic level and leave out some interesting pieces and details.

The female however seems to stay as an exact carbon copy of the last since Tangled.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.