[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people have such a hard time filling in the blanks in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 565
Thread images: 37

File: Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg (124KB, 257x380px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg
124KB, 257x380px
why do people have such a hard time filling in the blanks in this movie? Why do people have such a hard time accepting that Batman didn't know Superman had a human identity when they plainly say he thinks he is an alien menace and when there have been plenty of comics where he doesn't know his identity right away (like New Frontier)? Why do people feel the need to see every single second that happens between scenes or its head canon?

I thought it was a pretty good movie, people trash on it too hard.
>>
MARTHAAA
>>
>>88520456
>Batman didn't know Superman had a human identity
WORLD'S GREATEST DEFECTIVE
>>
>>88520477
thats another thing, why do people hate that scene? Its a pretty cool little parallel between the characters thats never been used before and i thought it was a good way of Bruce to see himself/humanity in Clark, by the fact that he wants to save a "Martha" which has been fueling Bruce's whole crusade.
>>
Holy shit this movie was so awful it's not even funny
>>
>>88520520
And? Does a detective need to know everything about everyone? Plus they say he was blinded by rage, I dont really see the problem....
>>
File: Tighten.jpg (16KB, 210x236px) Image search: [Google]
Tighten.jpg
16KB, 210x236px
>>88520456
>Snyderverse Thread #2567
>This has been going on for 3 and a half years.
>>
>>88520520
then why doesnt he know Joker's identity in the comics? Or Superman's in New Frontier? Or Superman's identity when they first meet in the comics?
>>
>>88520545
It's dumb, and it's horribly written. From the way the scene is presented and everything that could have been done prevent it from ever taking place to the fact that it's forced that Superman calls his mother Martha instead of Mom. It doesn't even stands the slightest scrunity.
>>
>>88520561
maybe if someone just gave some straight answers instead of memes.....
>>
>>88520582
how is it forced though? He knows Bruce thinks he is an alien and saying "save my mom" wont really narrow down who is in trouble or who to save.....

also explain, in detail, how its horribly written and not just "I DIDNT LIKE HOW THE PLOT WENT!"
>>
>>88520545
thats what it was supposed to be, most people do in fact understand its intent

but sadly concept and execution are not always related

MARTHAAAAAA
>>
>>88520586
You've gotten straight answers, you just won't accept them.
>>
File: 1471480213963.jpg (74KB, 1050x591px) Image search: [Google]
1471480213963.jpg
74KB, 1050x591px
>>88520456
The movie would have never been able to please everyone unless they did something really by the books. Snyder went experimental and of course the fanboys freaked out in response. The movie had the highest expectations to live up to, on par with Ep7 or Ep1 I suppose before people knew that would be terrible.
>>
>>88520578
If Lois was able to figure out who he was by using google then there should be no excuse why Bruce couldn't when he is a much smarter person.
>>
>>88520582

>to the fact that it's forced that Superman calls his mother Martha instead of Mom. It doesn't even stands the slightest scrunity.

Why would Superman, an alien, ask his prejudiced killer to save his moments, when moments earlier he was shit-talking his alien parents? Superman would just be giving Batman a new target after his death.

Superman tried to appeal to Batman's sense of vigilantism and care for his fellow human being, by asking him to save a poor unaffiliated woman named Martha.

It was Lois that fucked up the plan and explained that this Martha was actually Superman's mom.
>>
File: 1472531217423.png (346KB, 1148x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472531217423.png
346KB, 1148x1080px
>>88520545
It's the most retarded reason ever for stopping the most retarded movie fight in history.
>>
>>88520656
its retarded that Batman, who thinks Superman is an alien menace, realizes he is just human? character growth is retarded?
>>
>>88520618

In the first picture Batman is talking about Superman's alien parents.

In the second picture Batman decided to help after going through a PTSD moment where he realized he was acting the same as his parents killers and learning that Superman's human mother who share names with his own mother was in danger.
>>
>>88520557
>Does a detective need to know everything about everyone?
duh. he's a detective, he investigates.

"know thy enemy" he should have tried to find out as much as he can about Superman, but then Zack won't have his "DO YOU BLEED" moments.

>>88520578
I don't read comics, but in the cartoons he figured it out minutes after they had met.
>>
>>88520614
how was the execution bad? Superman's possible dying words are pleading to save a human and someone he loves, seems pretty Superman to me. Batman, who often gets too zealous and goes overboard, realizes two people can work together instead of fighting each other (like he literally just did with Clayface in Detective Comics and kinda did with Superman in New Frontier). Seems all good.
>>
>>88520645
Bad filmmaking isn't experimentation.
>>
>>88520647

Batman didn't cared to learn about Superman's identity because he thought he knew all there was to know about Superman and because his desire was just to kill the guy.
>>
>>88520618
a picture that misses a key part of Batman's character arc isnt a straight answer...

and just saying something is shit without an explanation isnt an answer either.
>>
>>88520697

>"know thy enemy" he should have tried to find out as much as he can about Superman, but then Zack won't have his "DO YOU BLEED" moments.

Batman was basing his own misgivings unto Superman and hating Superman for it. He was blind by self-loathing and hatred. He thought he knew Superman well, because he could see himself in Superman.

That's why Batman didn't investigated about Superman's whole life. He just wanted to learn about the means to kill him.
>>
>>88520647
Lois found it out by following a hunch and happening to run into him. Batman didnt care or think he had a secret identity. Why is that so hard to accept/understand?
>>
>>88520680
>realizes he is just human?
So is the Joker and most of the people he kills on a daily basis.
The entire point of Batman not liking Superman dealt with Superman's destructive power and pretty much having no one to keep him in check, and then The Flash made Bruce doubledown on killing Superman before he does something horrible. Having a mother named Martha wouldn't change any of this.

Retard.
>>
>>88520582
I've only seen it once but I thought it was fine.
>>
>>88520718
That's dumb, even from a detective standpoint. If he was going to try and kill him he should've found out everything he could about him because he's an alien that can level a city to the ground.
>>
>>88520745
seems pretty stupid. I'd expect that out of a 20 something Batman. an older Batman should be more wiser about the world and life.

maybe they should have made Batman younger and prone to making judgments based on his emotions instead of being rational.
>>
>>88520724
see >>88520765
We've been over this shit, you just have an autistic need to defend shitty movies.
>>
>>88520706
arguing about execution is a fools errand, since there is no accounting for taste, the best we can hope to do is count how many people liked it, and how many didnt

most people dont know why they like or not like something, usually they go with feeling, this is important since movies are an inherently emotional experience, not a logical one
>>
>>88520773
You think that because you're an idiot.
>>
File: 1482094247071.png (788KB, 490x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1482094247071.png
788KB, 490x1015px
>>88520718
>Batman didn't cared to learn about Superman's identity because he thought he knew all there was to know

Obviously wrong and stupid decision right? I mean the POLICE and the GOVERNAMENT check these things out to get terrorists.

Why Batman wouldn't do basic research, apart from plot induced stupidity?

There are inumerous advantages to it.
>>
I fucking hate all of you. I hate you for starting this bait thread, and I hate you for responding to it like I am now. DCEU, capeshit, whatever, it ruined this goddamn board. Even /tv/ is sick of this shit, we've become worse than /tv/ in fact.
>>
>>88520609
>>88520655
>>88520773
It's awful. The lead-up to the scene fails in virtually every respect. But the scene itself fails by Superman using the name “Martha.”

Why would he use her name and not say, “Save my mom”? Why would asking Batman to save a mother from death not carry the same weight? I'd venture to say it would carry more, because Batman should see anyone tossing out the word “Martha,” apropos of nothing said to this point, to be a potential distraction, whereas asking to save a mother is the kind of thing someone could reasonably say at that moment.

Also, there's no reason for Superman to believe the word “Martha” would have any impact on Batman, while mentioning a mother could, because (in theory) everyone has a mother.
Martha only works because Snyder needs it to, not because it does. And that's why it's rightly mocked.

I think the whole thing falls down when Superman fails to simply ask Batman for his help to save his mother, and when Batman threatens, Superman mo ves in to fight/be harmed rather than fly above until Batman calms down. But if Superman didn't do that, we wouldn't have been able to see a kewl, X-Treme bad-ass fight!

This movie is indefensible.
>>
>>88520796

Batman in this movie lost a Robin, lost his faith in himself as a hero and feel guilty for the Metropolis thing.

He's an emotional wreck.
>>
>>88520456
>why do people have such a hard time filling in the blanks in this movie? Why do people have such a hard time accepting that Batman didn't know Superman had a human identity when they plainly say he thinks he is an alien menace and when there have been plenty of comics where he doesn't know his identity right away (like New Frontier)? Why do people feel the need to see every single second that happens between scenes or its head canon?
Because the movie does an absolutely shit job at making us care about it. That's the alpha and omega of it. There is no suspension of disbelief, there is no immersion into the story, there is no investment into the characters. The natural response to that is to nitpick the shit out of it.
>>
God, I'm just sick of these threads. Same thing every time. Haters bring up some valid flaws, supporters refute those with equally valid responses, back and forth, everyone's a dick. I love the movie to death but y'all are always doing the most.
>>
>>88520855
Because he is insane retard in BvS, obviously.
>can't keep secret identity literally from everyone
>can't into detective work
>easy to manipulate
>was VERY lucky that Superman is ignorant and arrogant retard who can't dodge slow grenade.
>was VERY lucky that Superman throwed him in EXECT building where he buried his spear
>spitten on his vows to kill few mercenaries, but haven't killed Joker and Harley after Robin's murder
Zack just really. I mean REALLY hates Superman and Batman.
>>
Literally no reason why he couldn't have done this. In Man of Steel he masters his super hearing by focusing on his mother's voice.

Fuck Snyder, fuck Goyer, fuck Terrio.
>>
File: 61378264.jpg (58KB, 350x270px) Image search: [Google]
61378264.jpg
58KB, 350x270px
>>88520456
HOLLY SHIT

You are this patethic Snydercuck that went insane on the other day!

Check out:
https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/88265798/#q88265798
>>
File: reasonable.png (20KB, 468x68px) Image search: [Google]
reasonable.png
20KB, 468x68px
>>
lets just watch Batman/Superman: World finest from the DCAU
>>
>>88520928
>supporters refute those with equally valid responses
Headcanon bullshit isn't valid, Snyderfag.
>>
>>88520877

>Also, there's no reason for Superman to believe the word “Martha” would have any impact on Batman

Superman knew that Batman was Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>88520958

Lois pussy changed his priorities, mate. Now he only listens to Lois heart.
>>
File: Batman-V-Superman-Trailer-302.jpg (787KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-V-Superman-Trailer-302.jpg
787KB, 2880x1800px
>>88520896
Not enough of a paranoid to investigate the guy identical to Superman who hang around the same girl.
>>
>TELL THAT TO ZOD'S SNAPPED NECK
Jesus, Snyder, was that necessary?
>>
>>88520976

Where Batman cucks Superman and teachers him how to be a better hero?
>>
>>88521042
Just like in the comics, you pleb.
>>
>>88521032

Superman have a different eye color when he uses his Clark Kent persona. That changes everything.
>>
>>88520958
Luthor was even more stupid by bringing his mother FROM KANSAS, to right before Superman is fighting.

Its obvious that it was done just so Batman can save her, even if make no sense to bring her there.
>>
>>88521025
That's retarded.

Even after he already met Lois in Man of Steel, he still had his "homing beacon" on Ma Kent when Zod went to the farm.
>>
>>88521042
it also shows batman doing detective work
>>
>>88520456
Why is the trolling today so piss-weak and obvious?
>>
>>88521052

Batman never fucked Lois in the comics. He'd never do this to Clark. YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!
>>
>>88520456
Because like anime, movies are now being made by people who "like" movies instead of people who are passionate about making films

That's why all movies today are remakes/revivals of old franchises. No one knows how to make something new or they're too afraid to so they just play it safe

And that's why 90% of anime is slice of life garbage
>>
>>88520456
Contrary to what you DCEUfags say the vast majority of people understood all this stuff perfectly well.....it's just that everyone with taste and standards thought it was stupid as shit.
>>
>>88521083
Its an actual autist.

Here, read: >>88520968
>>
>>88521091
>implying
Also he did. In new52
>>
>>88520545
You have a dude who is, in your opinion, deserving of destruction because of a 1% chance that he might destroy humanity and you stop killing him just because he just so happened to utter out his mother's name, rather than saying "mom" like most normal people.

The entire climax of the film depended on Supes calling out his mother's first name and Batman not simply killing him before he has a chance to utter anything.
>>
>>88521076

Dude, in MoS he had just gotten to know Lois and his claim on her pussy wasn't strong.

In BvS he has been taping that shit every day as if her pussy exuded special air properties that he needs to breathe to remain alive. He'd never let such a prime pussy like that get killed.

Have you ever been in a relationship with a hot girl? You'll forget you mother ever existed very fast. You'll forget your whole life existed before that point. That's what a good pussy does to you.

Or Lois in DCEU is actually Poison Ivy's cousin and her pussy leaks a mind control drug that is specially effective on kryptonians. God knows Faora was all over that.
>>
>>88521127

No, he didn't. Shut up. You lying whore.
>>
>>88521139
>you stop killing him just because he just so happened to utter out his mother's name, rather than saying "mom" like most normal people.
Trigger words often work like that, and it WAS a trigger word.
>>
>>88520645
Dropping shit onto a turkey sandwich is not experimentation.
>>
File: raw.gif (2MB, 498x278px) Image search: [Google]
raw.gif
2MB, 498x278px
>>88521154
Well, he goes murderous insane if she dies....maybe she IS Poison Ivy, and is using her powers to make Super super protective of only her.
>>
>>88521000
Since when? When was this ever established in the film?
>>
>>88520680
>character growth is retarded?

kek, you pull anything reaching that hard?
>>
>>88521253

When they meet each other. Superman picks Bruce talking to Alfred.
>>
>>88521253
He knew, I just forgot when.

We are also never getting Clark Kent back.
>>
>>88521169
Have you read Batman/Superman? He fucked her just like in DCAU.
>>
>>88520896
Why didn't we explore this shit in its own independent film? We get like one line implying Robin's death is what broke Batman but if you weren't familiar with the Batman mythos, you wouldn't know who Robin was and what they meant to him.

BvS should've been something that happened after a standalone Batman movie, Tony Stark and Capt. America didn't fight one another immediately after the Avengers were formed and there's too much info that wasn't properly explained during the movie.
>>
>>88521253
The party scene he overheard the undercover talk but stopped to save the girl in the fire.
>>
>>88520697
so then why doesn't Batman know Joker's secret identity?
>>
>>88520824
>haha ur just dumb 4 disagreeing with me
Nice argument there, anon-friend.
>>
>>88520803
so you are saying that you cant actually argue why its bad execution? and one can completely and logically talk about execution. Thats why we have schools that teach people how to make film effectively, because there are techniques that are more or less universally good. Not to say that when new things are done there isnt backlash at first of course.

So why was BvS executed badly?
>>
>>88521193
It's contrived as fuck and only worked out because Snyder willed it to be so. If Supes called out "mom" or said any other word instead of "Martha," he'd be dead a lot sooner than what we saw in the movie.
>>
>>88520775
okay, so why doesnt he try and find out Joker's identity?
>>
>>88521324

Post the pages, you liar. You twister of truths.
>>
>>88520877
He tried asking Batman for help.

And at the end he simply was desparate for someone to save his mother. If there was any chance Batman would decide to save Martha after he killed Clark then Clark had to take it.
>>
>>88521276
>>88521372
So Bruce talking to his employee automatically means that he's Batman?
>>
>>88521377
Writters have no idea what is his real identity. It's part of the "charm" even if makes no sense.

But didn't he asked to Metron's Chair?
>>
>>88521411
you could go check all those reviews, roughly 4 out of 5 are in the negative
>>
>>88520855
but why should Batman think Superman has a secret identity? What reason is given in BvS for Batman to think he has one at all and isn't just Superman 24/7? Doomsday doesn't have a secret identity, and he doesnt care about learning Joker's so....
>>
>>88521443
Even though he knew that Batman was a dangerous psychotic who had no reason to help him save his mother?

He could've just as easily decided to fuck off or even finish the job himself and it wouldn't have been out of character since Batman in this universe uses guns and kills mooks by the handful.
>>
>>88521443
>He tried asking Batman for help.

Like an idiot would.

I hope Deadpool 2 mocks his attempt of warning Batman in some way.
>>
>>88520935
>can't keep secret identity literally from everyone
Literally only Superman and Lex know his identity.

>can't into detective work
figures out where an unregistered secret boat is, figures out it isn't a boat and is actually lex, and figures out how to get kryptonite and how to kill Superman. More detective work than he has done in film before.

>easy to manipulate
but he was manipulated into accomplishing the goal he wanted anyway....

>was VERY lucky that Superman is ignorant and arrogant retard who can't dodge slow grenade.
Superman had no reason to think the grenade would hurt him you dummy

>was VERY lucky that Superman throwed him in EXECT building where he buried his spear
He literally set it up that way, he baited Superman to come at him from a certain direction with the turrets and whatever. No different than the plot armor every bat-plot needs.
>spitten on his vows to kill few mercenaries, but haven't killed Joker and Harley after Robin's murder
Harley and Joker were in Arkham for the duration of BvS. And he just started man-slaughtering because of Superman not the mercenaries themselves dummy. Like how in Dark Knight Strikes Again he has Lex killed and kills Dick Grayson because the circumstances are so extreme.
>>
>>88521441
Nah, just read Batman/Superman# 13-15
>>
>>88520799
>>88520765
how does that disprove anything? You said he doesnt kill Joker because he is human, so by realizing the same thing about Superman he doesn't kill him.... so you agree with me?
>>
File: BvS_pain-640x356.jpg (46KB, 640x356px) Image search: [Google]
BvS_pain-640x356.jpg
46KB, 640x356px
>>88521485
>but why should Batman think Superman has a secret identity?

He destroyed a satellite that was made to track him.

He doesn't even need to look for secret identity, just look for where he lives or daily routine - extremely useful things - and he would have discovered it.
>>
>>88521485
Because for all he knew, he could've been masquerading as a civilian the whole time, which is possible since that's EXACTLY WHAT HE FUCKING DOES!

Also, Doomsday is a monster that was literally born in the last 20 minutes of the movie and Joker's identity is the Joker, he can't turn it off and he doesn't bother hiding who he is in public.
>>
>>88521448
he calls him Bruce when approaching him after meeting with Lex on the rooftop too
>>
>>88521561
>figures out where an unregistered secret boat is,

Nothing says that was unregistered.
>>
>>88521533
>>88521507
Batman had a reputation for being a hero in Gotham, he goes and investigates this as Clark Kent. The citizens just say he recently (since Superman showed up) started going crazy.

He knows Bruce wants to save people, even if at the moment he has gone bad. Superman believes man can be good again. How did you not understand it? Bruce flat out says it.
>>
>>88520902
nah I cared about it just fine, sorry you suck at watching movies
>>
>>88520986
how is it headcanon anymore than assuming Doctor Strange's cape is magic despite it never being flat out said and it not being magic in the comics?
>>
>>88521561
>More detective work than he has done in film before.
Yet he still didn't know that Lex was manipulating him from the get-go, or that he was connected to the senate bombing, or the checks, or anything substantial that could've made us avoid the entire debacle.

And for the record, Batman does plenty of research on his foes, we're talking about a dude who has a database on every meta-human he has encountered during his run in the Justice League and in Gotham, yet for some reason, he couldn't figure out that Superman had a secret identity, or a family, or a home, or anything else that wouldn't helped him ultimately kill Superman.
>>
>>88521628
What you are writting has nothing to do with what I said.

Are you autistic? Why you quoted me?
>>
>>88520958
>>88521073
there was a kill order to just instantly kill her should Superman come close.... thats like asking why didnt Superman save both Lois and the world in the reeve's movie despite being shown to be fast enough to do it (since he went back in time). Why did he have to travel back in time if he was fast enough to save both anyway?
>>
File: v9t16q.jpg (59KB, 495x650px) Image search: [Google]
v9t16q.jpg
59KB, 495x650px
>>88521649
>how is it headcanon anymore than assuming Doctor Strange's cape is magic despite it never being flat out said and it not being magic in the comics?

SNYDERKEKS, PEOPLE!
>>
>>88521596
Well apparently Lex also knew both of their identities even though we never really learn how.

I'll just chalk it up to a plothole and leave you to your delusions or something.
>>
>>88521579

Batman didn't fucked her there. Stop lying.
>>
>>88521423
>its contrived
how is it contrived that Batman, whose whole crusade is based on the death of his mother Martha and whose last words he ever hears out of his dad's mouth is Martha, would want to know how an ubermench super alien god knew his mother's name?

Like he thinks Superman is all powerful, doesnt really know the extents of his power, and suddenly he brings up saving his mom. So he listens. And then he finds out its Superman's mom.
>>
>>88521684
>there was a kill order to just instantly kill her should Superman come close

Why bring her from Kansas to right next to Batman and Superman?
>>
>>88521628
It doesn't matter what he was in the past, the point is that ATM, he was a dangerous psychotic who murdered criminals and/or branded them with a mark that marked them for death.

He had no reason to trust Batman, especially when he was moments away from being murdered by him in cold blood.
>>
>>88521700

Lex owned Not-Google. He knows everything about everyone.
>>
>>88521434
Exactly, why doesn't he?
>>
>>88521561
By everyone I mean important one's of the movie. Mr. Autismo knows just because (and he'd knew anyway, becaue Bruce make retarded excuses to his assistant.
>Wut? This glass room full of servers is not an bathroom? xD
>figures out where an unregistered secret boat is,
Wew, such an detective, half of the movie to do that.
>figures out how to get kryptonite
Bashing in is not "detective work", anon.
Also
>More detective work than he has done in film before.
>b-but in other Batman's movies!!...
Pathetic.
>goal he wanted anyway....
To save Martha?
>he baited Superman to come at him from a certain direction with the turrets and whatever
>Superman is too stupid and slow to dodge grenade
Nice plot-armor we got here. Retarded enemies is interesting way to show it.
>Harley and Joker were in Arkham for the duration of BvS. And he just started man-slaughtering because of Superman
That's exactly what i'm talking about dummy. Can you read fucking words?
>They murdered his son and parthner
>Go to Arkham!
>Superman shows up
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BETTER FORGET ABOUT MY VOWS AND START SOME MANSLAUGHTER
>Like how in Dark Knight Strikes Again
kys
>>
>>88521736
So Batman can save her XD

Who needs a lead bunker? XD

This Superman is dumb!
>>
>>88521712
It was implyed, juse like in DCAU. You can't see that, but you know that ;)
>>
>>88521448
They were talking about hacking Lex. So it jump starts Ckark's investigation into Bruce which lead him to Batman.
>>
File: it's too late.jpg (61KB, 680x512px) Image search: [Google]
it's too late.jpg
61KB, 680x512px
>you will never round up Snyderfags and gas them
These autistic threads are getting out of control, take your shit back to /tv/ you cancerous kinofags.
>>
>>88521722
>how is it contrived that Batman, whose whole crusade is based on the death of his mother Martha and whose last words he ever hears out of his dad's mouth is Martha, would want to know how an ubermench super alien god knew his mother's name?
Because Superman could've easily said anything else to the effect of "help my mommy" rather than calling out to his mother by her first name.

How often do you call your parents by their first name? How often do you see other people calling their parents by their first name. The answer is "rarely" because people generally refer to their parents as "Mom" or "Dad."

Yet in this instance, Supes calls out his mother's first name because the plot couldn't continue unless he said that specific word to Batman.

Making it contrived as fuck.
>>
>>88521804

No, fuck off. In the DCAU they were in bed and everything. Never happened in the comics. Stop lying about this shit. Have some shame.
>>
File: 1476082612950.png (272KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1476082612950.png
272KB, 785x757px
>>88521684
>there was a kill order to just instantly kill her should Superman come close

So Batman going to save her makes more sense than the man faster than a speeding bullet.

>buh buh my Reeve's
Pretty much everyone agrees the turning back time thing was dumb. Doesn't excuse BvS which is certainly more dumb than Superman '78.
>>
>>88521747
So why didn't Batman have access to Not-Google too? In fact, how does Lois have access to this technology but the guy who can invent jets and power suits doesn't?

Again, plotholes and delusions and all that.
>>
>>88521853

I call my parents by their first names and Superman tried to appeal to Batman's sense of justice for another fellow human being.

Batman shit-talked Superman's alien parents moments earlier.
>>
>>88521862
Bruce literally knocked through her door and fucked before she took Batgirl's suit, mate. Don't be silly.
>>
>>88521878

Because Batman doesn't own Not-Google, bitch.
>>
>>88521581
>You said he doesnt kill Joker because he is human
I didn't. Can you read, Snyderfag?

>so by realizing the same thing about Superman he doesn't kill him
"The entire point of Batman not liking Superman dealt with Superman's destructive power and pretty much having no one to keep him in check, and then The Flash made Bruce doubledown on killing Superman before he does something horrible. Having a mother named Martha wouldn't change any of this."
>>
>>88521833
Again, how does this necessarily implicate Bruce as Batman?

For all he knew, Bruce was a cyber terrorist or hacking Lex to instigate a hostile takeover or something.
>>
>>88521918

STOP SPREADING BULLSHIT! THIS NEVER HAPPENED. NEVER! FUCK OFF! POST THE PAGES THEN! POST THEM! FUCKING LIAR!
>>
>>88521943
He walks in her room from the first pages of #15, mate. They talking dirty, he fucked her off-panel and gives her suit. It's simple. Just like in DCAU he fucked her off-screen in HER room
>>
>>88521923
Neither does Lois, are you retarded or something?
>>
>>88521900
>I call my parents by their first names
Sure you do anon, sure you do.
>Superman tried to appeal to Batman's sense of justice for another fellow human being.
Which wouldn't have worked anyways because Superman isn't human and Batman had no reason to protect Supes' mother since he's fucking nuts.

He could've easily chose to kill Supes' parents on the notion of culling the bloodline or some shit so putting your faith in a crazy person like that was just stupid and risky to everyone involved.

Hell, he could've put Lois in the crossfire as well doing that.
>>
>>88521923
Neither does Lois, bitch.
>>
>>88521900
You wouldn't call them by their first names if you were begging someone to save them, anon, don't be retarded.
>>
>>88521980

STOP LYING! POST THE PAGES! FUCK OFF!
>>
>>88522113
Dude, just read the damn comic. It's right there, in interne or some store.
>>
>terrible acting
>movie structure and general pace all over the place
>plot holes fucking everywhere
>absurd characterization
>terrible CGI monster villain in a destruction porn finale
>zero subtlety, inept cinematography, total lack of theme originality

In a few words, it's a messed up pile of Snyder crap. You should be ashamed of defending this.
>>
>>88522147

I've read it and i know for a fact that you're twisting shit to make me mad. Post the pages then.
>>
>>88522243
If you've read that, you must remember first pages where Bruce enters her room while she wearing sexy clothes, they talking dirty shit and plans, *off-panel sex like in DCAU* and Lois in Batgirl costume. Also sex confirmed by kiss before Bruce get his memory back.
>>
>>88522289

They never had an after sex talk and Batman thanks to his mindwipe was a acting as a big and respectful doofus.

Also, Lois would never take advantage of Batman like that.
>>
>>88522366
>Also, Lois would never take advantage of Batman like that.
Yeeeeeeeah, right. Bruce is top-tier man. He fucked her in DCAU, she fucked him in new52. It's fair.
>>
This is one of my favorite movies.
>>
>>88520456
10/10 movie. Perfect pacing, amazing visuals and music, characters, deceloptment, plot. All the scenes were really well done. Was there any downside to this movie? Basically only retards don't like it.
>>
>>88520561
because MarvelFags are still on this board
>>
>>88520456
This movie isn't bad because of the "Martha" scene you drooling moron.
The entire movie is a garbage fire.
It's worse than X-men 3.
>>
>>88521443
>He tried asking Batman for help.

How hard is it to say "Lex has got my mom, I need your help". None of the "fight" needed to happen.

Instead of getting a proper clash of ideals, which are the best kind of fights, we get this half-assed misunderstanding fight.

And then there's the fact that Superman barely talks through the movie, which means it can be harder than it needs to be to discern his character and personality.

Do you know of the reasons why Wonder Woman was such a big hit in BvS? It was because she was the only person in the film that was having FUN and reveling in her strength and abilities.
>>
>>88520456
Because people are pretty dumb nowadays, as confirmed by the /pol/ influx we are having.
Here is a video for the uneducated:
>https://vimeo.com/189876347
>>
>>88522703
That's not going to help the uneducated. Just direct them to Man of Steel Answers and others like it.
>>
>>88522703
Who cares about the hamfisted "allergory". The point is that the plot is completely retarded.

This is the same shit Prometheus fags were arguing about years ago.
>>
>>88522703
>>88522788
http://www.manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/
http://www.manofsteelanswers.com/american-alien-and-man-of-steel-parallels/
http://www.manofsteelanswers.com/43-a-beautiful-truth-you-are-not-alone/
http://www.manofsteelanswers.com/42-understanding-lex-luthor/
>>
>>88522455

I fucking hate you.
>>
At this point I'd rather not even try to enlighten the masses about this movie's genius

We are the chosen people
>>
>>88522155
All those meaningless words veiled as film criticism

wow dude hahaha
>>
File: 15-1.png (965KB, 942x802px) Image search: [Google]
15-1.png
965KB, 942x802px
People fear what they don't understand
>>
>>88521485
>Lex is able to figure out that Batman is Bruce Wayne and Clark is Superman somewhere between Man of steel and BvS then come up with his plan to manipulate both into fighting.

>Somehow Batman wasn't able to figure this out after his year long obsession with killing him
>>
>>88523166
It's not that people don't understand. They understand, but think it's stupid.
>>
>>88523062
Now this is just patethic.
>>
>>88523210
Oh, yes, people understand

>99% audence still thinks that Batman wanted kill Superman because "IF THERE ONLY 1% CHANCE.."

Sure
>>
File: CRINGEKINO.jpg (218KB, 809x1166px) Image search: [Google]
CRINGEKINO.jpg
218KB, 809x1166px
>>88523166
Ikr?
>>
File: 1481755769740.png (812KB, 1324x549px) Image search: [Google]
1481755769740.png
812KB, 1324x549px
>>
>>88521923
>Lex has information on meta-humans
>Bruce hacks his system, very easily at that
>Somehow Lex figured out to google superman and Clark kent then put the pictures side by side then paint some glasses on superman with mspaint.
>>
>>88523273
99% audence don't give a shit about BvS, mate. They forgot everything about it because it's not a good movie. The only thing they remember from it is badass Affleck, Gadot music and MARTHA.
>>
>>88523062
>shilling your own shit

Dick sucker.
>>
>>88523206
>Somehow Batman wasn't able to figure this out after his year long obsession with killing him

Figure out what? Superman becomes not dangerous demi-god who can destroy whole planet, just because people in Africa were killed by Lex?

It's was Batman idea all along, Lex just pushed him

And again - his motif was much deeper than "Superman can destroy human race blah-blah"
>>
>>88523335
>They forgot everything about it because it's not a good movie

Maybe they wouldn't turn off their brains next time
>>
>>88523531
But the first job of a movie, the very first role the movie has, is to entertain the people. If people weren't entertained, then the movie already failed at step 1.
>>
>>88523531
People still remember and respect TDK and any other "serious" movie which is not generic pretentious flick, you know. BvS is not "smart" it's dark-filtered poor edited marlel. And this is literally disgusting considering fact that real DC universe is way superioir.
>>
Can mods just nuke these threads from now on? Its the same 5 people shitposting against each other EVERY thread
>>
>>88523586
>the very first role the movie has, is to entertain the people
>art must entertain

not, it's not

Entertainment gives you a predictable pleasure… Art leads to transformation.
>>
>>88523609
But TDK is not "serious" movie. It''s well directed movie, with great sountrack and acting, and bunch of plot-hole withoud idea of meaning

BvS doesn't trying to be escapistic and naive flick
>>
File: MARTHA.png (179KB, 1868x376px) Image search: [Google]
MARTHA.png
179KB, 1868x376px
>>88520456
I have a picture for you
>>
>>88523838
>BvS doesn't trying to be escapistic and naive flick
But it is. While TDK is considered dark and realistic, great triller and still best capeshit ever made.
>>
>>88523609
But TDK is not "serious" movie. It''s well directed movie, with great sountrack and acting, and bunch of plot-hole withoud idea or meaning

BvS doesn't trying to be escapistic and naive flick
>>
>>88523771
No, not art, movies. The entire purpose, the entire fundamental purpose of movies is to entertain the audience. Whether that comes in being thrilled or being emotionally moved is up to the director, but his first job is to make sure people a genuinely invested in his movie. It's called entertainment for that sole purpose.
>>
>>88523273
Let me spell this out for you.

Someone I know has a brain tumor. They have almost no short-term memory and will forever have the mind of an adolescent among other problems.

Even that guy thought BvS was really dumb.
>>
>>88523916
TDK executes it's ideas way better than BvS did.
>>
>>88523062
>needing an entire website to explain the stupid plots of these movies

lmaoing right now
>>
>>88521999
but it did work because his mother is human just like Batman's mom, how do you not get this.
>>
>>88523914
Snyder movies are not making light of real world issues, and therein lies the problem with many a critic and viewer alike. These films are not escapist; they are instead reflective. I’ve seen the excuse that Christopher Nolan’s masterful Dark Knight trilogy was also dark, but reviewed well with critics and audiences, and that these films are deficient because of that. If you look at Zack Snyder’s two films and Nolan’s two films, then deduce that they’re comparable because they’re earnest… well you’re doing neither auteur anything resembling justice.
The Dark Knight trilogy, far more than the DCEU movies, romanticize Batman.
In Nolan’s Batman, you can indulge in the fantasy that is Batman without any of the repercussions. You can watch Bruce Wayne blow up a monastery full of ninjas, but because you never see their bodies burning, them screaming in agony, and them maimed and dying it’s okay. Batman can ram through a trailer in a chase scene, and because Nolan never showed their bodies, it’s okay. Catwoman can shoot Bane with a high powered rifle and kill him, but because the movie doesn’t dwell on it and she says a one-liner, it’s okay. All of these examples remove the consequences from the heroes’ actions. It allows you to indulge in the fantasy and think these heroes are great, but that feeling of elation you get is disingenuous as the films just pretend that people aren’t dying.
Zack Snyder, on the other hand tends to end his movies in bittersweet ways—there is never a clean triumph. Victory is earned with blemishes. Zack Snyder isn’t entirely idealistic, nor is he pessimistic. He’s both, as most things in life tend to be.
Zack Snyder talked about how consequences are very important to him. How he can’t have characters mowing down people without showing their bodies and the grisliness of the action.Batman v Superman is a deconstruction of the concept of consequence-free action.
>>
>>88522030
I would if they thought I was an alien and I knew my parents were humans. Also if I knew that the person I was begging didnt know my parent's names.
>>
>>88521458
so its okay because writers, got it, great logic there son
>>
>>88523984
Agree
But because in TDK ideas pretty simple
>>
>>88523984
This.

Plot holes and dropped threads can be forgiven if the emotional beats are right and the movie is entertaining. Some of the best movies ever made make no fucking sense at all under close inspection but it doesn't matter because they're entertaining and effectively tell their stories.

BvS isn't paced very well, doesn't really land emotionally, and feels heavy-handed. That's when plot holes and idiosyncrasies start becoming really noticeable.
>>
>>88521464
>I dont have an argument but others agree with me!

k
>>
>>88521768
cause he is not actually the world's greatest detective, or he certain people he can take down without knowing their identity
>>
>>88521852
>autistic

Do Snyderhaters read their own (shit)posts?

>>88520968
>>88520477
>>88520548
>>88520824
>>88521688
>>
>>88521585
there are other reasons to destroy a satellite than having a secret identity, thats a bad argument
>>
>>88521587
right and Batman thinks Superman is the same as joker, that he cant/wont turn it off and doesnt bother hiding it in public either
>>
>>88520968
>Marvel movies are full of plot holes
>DC movies are cohesive and perfect
>>
>>88524069
there isnt a single dropped threat or plot hole
>>
>>88524006
two things.

one: you give the man too much credit. This is the man who said:
"Everyone says that about "Batman Begins." "Batman's dark." I'm like, "Okay, no, Batman's cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn't, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that's how that would go."

He isn't just interested in showing that violent heroics have consequences, he takes personal pleasure in the violence while lacking an understanding of the emotional consequences
>>
>>88524082
what is there for me to say? other people have picked this movie clean
>>
>>88521700
why is it important that we see how lex figures out their identities? We never saw how Zemo knew all the information about the Avengers....
>>
>>88521688
how about actually explaining then, how is it anymore head canon than that assumption?
>>
>>88524006
Zack simply don't unuderstand shit about DC universe and it's characters. He just filmed some bad-edited story written by retard. He wanted to show his view, but his view is total garbage because it doesn't fit characters at all. But also both movies is filled with really stupid and bad presented.
>>
>>88524146
plot holes are actually largely irrelevant, some well loved movies like star wars just drip with them, while some hated movies can be rather air tight, like iron sky

its the reaction to the plot holes that matter more, star wars plot holes are largely playfully teased rather than being hate filled
>>
>>88523325
>hack
Lex wanted Bruce to hack him on purpose dummy, he fed him the information he wanted Bruce to have to make him even MORE paranoid about metahumans. and it works, revealed when Bruce emails WW.
>>
This movie is bad because it was the first time all of these characters were together on screen and none of them, NONE OF THEM, come out looking good in the end.

Batman is a murderous psychotpath who spends the entire movie plotting to outright murder someone.

Superman is virtually reduced to a plot device whose only characterization is, "Why don't people like me?"

Wonder Woman is a non-entity.

Luthor is a gibbering twerp with a middle-schooler's grasp of philosophy.

Doomsday is a cave troll with laser face.

The Justice League were a bunch of glorified youtube clips and a retarded dream sequence.

This movie failed on every single level with its characters. It's a piece of shit and it deserves every bit of hate that it gets.
>>
>>88524182
If you want to use that as an argument, almost no one has a secret identity in the MCU. The core Avengers are all public identities, as well as their sidekicks. I think the only person that technically has a secret identity is Spider-Man. Either way, Zemo didn't have to do a ridiculous amount of searching for their identities. All he had to do was work off of their pasts.

While I am eager to find out how Lex found out Batman's identity, it wasn't important. A little less thinking involved with Zemo though.
>>
>>88524182
Well for starters its never really justified other than "lol I just know!". And what info did Zemo have on the Avengers exactly?
>>
>>88524146
Marlel is generic quipfest and admits it. Snyder tried in "epic and dark" mythological "kino" and failed.
>>
>>88523859
its a picture for ants and those are retarded arguments, he never kissed Lois in public, he kissed her in front of a few people in the middle of some destruction, and none of them reported on it or made it public knowledge.
And its not just about the 1% chance, its about Superman not having any human connections, about being a fickle demigod that brings destruction with him. Once he sees that Superman has loved ones (which he didnt know about before) and has human ties he realizes he is just like Batman, a man trying to do good with what is given to him.
>>
>>88523997
Obviously it didn't, otherwise it wouldn't be remembered as an unintentional joke.
>>
File: funnybutsad.gif (4MB, 446x324px) Image search: [Google]
funnybutsad.gif
4MB, 446x324px
>>88524154
>>
>>88520456
>Why do people have such a hard time accepting that Batman didn't know Superman had a human identity when they plainly say he thinks he is an alien menace and when there have been plenty of comics where he
doesn't know his identity right away (like New Frontier)?

The problem with that is human parents are the only thing keeping Batman from killing him. Imagine an alternate universe where Snyder Batman meets Martian Manhunter or Icon first. It ends with him killing a heroic alien because they didn't happen to have the right coincidence of upbringing to convince him otherwise.
>>
>>88524289
That's headcanon, it was never said they didn't report it.
>>
>>88524174
>He isn't just interested in showing that violent heroics have consequences

Yeah, and that's the reason why central theme of Batman story arc in BvS is realization of what he become, and how low he morally fall

And that's the reason why so much time Zack spend on the fact that Metroplis was destroyed and millions of people died because of Superman's lack of experience

Yeah, Zack just like violence
SO COOL
>>
- Booooyyyssss!
-Is she with you?
-Ding ding ding ding ding ding
-Jolly rancher homoerotic
-Email with justice league trailers and logos
-Superhypocrite murdering a warlord, 15 minutes later he is against Batman for his "methods"
-Forced loved scenes with Louise that fail
-Superman Montage of him saving people but he has a disgusted angry look on his face about it.
- wheelchair guy story arc that has no point. You can take that out of the movie and not have it affect anything.
- Zod being made from Lex blood.
- Doomsday looking absolutely laughable like a cave troll and Ninja Turtle
>>
>>88524272
He knew how to get in to their base, he knew Bucky killed Tony's parents, he knew just how to manipulate them to fight each other, etc.

try watching the movie, and information people have before a movie doesnt need to be justified. Its never shown how the Lex family or Bruce family got their billions, they just have successful companies before the movie starts. Its never shown how Bruce trained to become Batman, its just information and skills he has before the movie starts. Its never shown how Lois became a reporter, she just was at the beginning of MoS.
>>
>>88524283
it doesnt matter how "big" or "mythological" you think you are, if nobody likes it then it doesnt matter
>>
>>88524289
>he kissed her in front of a few people in the middle of some destruction, and none of them reported on it or made it public knowledge.
>DURR WHY DO PEOPLE NEED EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED OFF SCREEN TO BE SPELLED OUT FOR THEM HURRR
>WHAT NO ONLY MY HEADCANON HAPPENED OFF SCREEN
>>
>>88524266
> it wasn't important

exactly
>>
>>88524138
Yet you'd think that a Caucasian male wearing a blue unitard with a large red "S" on his chest w/ a red cape would be fairly easy to track down.

Or he could've just used not!Google to figure out Clark Kent=Superman like everyone else in the fucking movie.
>>
>>88524360
>>88524306
how is it headcanon? No one takes a picture of it and no one talks about them being in a relationship except Perry who was there when they kissed. You guys are making up headcanon that it is somehow public knowledge.
What else has been said that is pro BvS, in this thread, that is headcanon to you?
>>
>>88524321
Yes, BvS is big happy time movie for all peoples good

Zack of the being Snyder is has number A++ directing skill
>>
>>88524327
wait, wonder woman WAS with Batman

why would he say "I thought she was with you"

ADD ONE TO THE PILE MARTY
>>
>>88524419
>>88524327
Batman thought she was with Superman because she was a meta and so was Superman. Superman thought she was with Batman because he had never seen her before.
God you guys are really just retarded.
>>
>>88524327
He never murdered the warlord you fucking idiot, and the wheel chair arc led to the explosion and sealed Batman's grudge against Superman.
>>
>>88524392
>how dar this movie not be for all audiences!

really reaching
>>
>>88524293
name on you idiot
>>
>>88524419
>why would he say "I thought she was with you"

Because Batman thought maybe she's kryptonian too
>>
>>88524446
>Batman thought she was with Superman because she was a meta and so was Superman
Except he had a file on Wonder Woman and the two had never been seen together and he had been messaging her on AOL with hot meta pics
>>
>>88524343
1. Zemo was looking at psychological profiles of each Avenger for years.
2.During this research through the numerous leaked HYDRA documents, Zemo discovered Bucky killed the Starks
3.He needed solid proof to ensure both Steve and Tony would act appropriately
4.His only means of recovering the data was by personally interviewing Bucky, so Zemo assumed the identity of a psychiatrist and was given access
5.The rest wasnt his plan, he just got lucky that the accords already instilled conflict within the avengers
>>
>>88524446
>Superman is literal alien from space who revealed himself not so long ago
>WW is some literal amazon which photo is dated around World War I
>He talked and flirted to her
>He seneded shit to her
>IS SHE WITH YOU? xD
>>
>>88524490
He knows her origin.
>>
>>88524304
how is that a problem? Both of them also have ties to humanity that could be used in a movie, or you could focus on how MM's central thing is being so completely alien but still wanting to be part of Earth and Bruce could find a different reason not to hate him

Why do you think in such limited terms?
>>
>>88524492
he had a single picture on Wonder Woman, and just because he emailed her means she isnt a meta? what? try thinking before you type.
>>
>>88524364
>Lex Luthor: Give it back. I saw everything. I saw how to save the world. I could have made everyone see. If it wasn't for you, I could have saved the world.
we will never hear this line from lex
why live?
>>
>>88524499
most of this is headcanon and not in the movie

and "lol he got lucky" is stupid
>>
>>88524487
literally everything Lois Lane does.
>>
>>88524529
he didnt know she was a meta until he was able to look through the data (which was after the flirting). He didn't know she was an amazon, just that she could live for over 100 years because he had the photo.

Man try using your brain you dummy.
>>
>>88524182
>I've always liked you, Kent. You're humble, modest, uncoordinated: human. You're everything he's not. But you're just another weapon in my war against Superman

how will we get such an A-grade speech, if he already knows supermans identity?
>>
>>88524534
He only knows that she's very old
>>
>>88524534
no he doesnt, he has a single photo of her from over 100 years ago
>>
>>88524538
If Batman was about to kill MM with a blowtorch, there would be no Martha for him to yell out and Batman would just finish him.
>>
>>88524458
I'm sorry dude, you really seem to like this film. But there's no way you get smashed through that many walls at that speed and survive. Or is that headcanon, like Doctor Strange's cape being magic?
>>
>>88524588
it wasnt dropped at all, it was completed. Lois figured out that it was Lex that set up Superman which led to him being arrested for the Senate bombing at the end along with Doomsday.

It also served to show us that Lex was so powerful he could manipulate the military to destroy evidence of his involvement.
>>
>>88524556
>he had a single picture
you mean a photograph showing military personnel who left records

in the hands of the greatest detective of all time

>WHY DOES EVERYONE NEED EVERYTHING EXPLAINED DURR
>>
>>88524182
MCU is different because few heroes actually have much in the way of secret identities. Tony Stark came out as Ironman. Capt. America, Hulk, Hawkeye, and Black Widow have government records, Thor doesn't even bother hiding the fact that he's a God etc.

DCEU on the other hand has most of their heroes have secret identities, w/ compromised identities being a major fucking plot point in many stories where a super villain discovers their secret identities and ends up killing off their loved ones (Flash point). The only person who knows people's secret identities is Batman and that's part of what made him so dangerous to heroes and villains alike. But if everyone knows everyone's identities, it just raises questions because it was such an integral part of the DC universe.
>>
>>88524601
the same way they did it in Smallville or in the comics whenever he learn's Superman's identity (which has been numerous), mindwipe.
>>
>>88524615
Martian Manhunter has had families before, they could put that in their, or made the story go in a different way where Manhunter admits Bruce is right, he isnt human but he wants to learn.
>>
>>88524633
Not at all the part I was talking about, but I appreciate you digging your hole for me.
>>
>>88524592
Bruce got data before "is she with you" emberassing quip.
>>
>>88524578
Literally none of that is headcanon. And I never said the lucky shit was good faggot
>>
>>88524662
But does any of his family happen to have the same name as Batman's family?
>>
>>88524627
But he flat out says he didnt kill those men, referring to everyone at the base, so he didnt kill the warlord. Its your headcanon that he did, even after its explicitly said he didn't.

Also those walls were made of adobo which is pretty easy to break, and superman could have put his arm up behind the warlord to destroy the walls himself, etc. But the fact is he said he didnt kill him.
>>
File: 1482005748496.jpg (151KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482005748496.jpg
151KB, 1920x800px
Let me get this straight.

Its the same deluded fanboys from "explaining man of steel" coming here together and calling each other when someone says something negative about Snyder?

Because its always the same deluded faggots posting the same thing at the same time.
>>
Jonathan "Pa" Kent is arguably the greatest villain in modern cinema. Zack Snyder turned a bland farmer from Kansas into more than just the adoptive father of Superman; Pa Kent is now the catalyst that turns the Over-Man into a vicious killer, a dark messiah who offers hope only of being in his shadow.
Jonathan Kent is not an important man on the surface. He has an ailing farm and a wife who may share a name with the Wayne matriarch but has none of the wealth or the charm as that Martha does. Plagued by the sounds and sights of drowning horses and his own premature impotence, Jonathan finds the child his wife always wanted in the alien he names Clark, the creature he sees as the ultimate tool of vengeance upon the world that has mistreated him. Gone are the dreams of old, gone the days of hard working men like President Truman or Jonathan's father. Now the world is a gutter, filled with the sex and blood of thieves, whore and murderers. Jonathan sees in Clark the potential to create a messianic figure, a symbol of hope people could look up to as their new god, and thus he begins to lay the groundwork of his plans. He almost blew his cover when Clark saved a busload of children from drowning. All the trouble to sabotage the bus' brakes, and now the boy ruins everything. Jonathan couldn't have his boy plagued by the same sights and sounds of drowning life as he himself is, so he had to take more drastic measures. He had to die before his son's eyes for a pointless reason, to show that the life of a human being is worth no more than that of a dog's.
Jonathan Kent will teach you the Superman. He is lightning, he is madness!
>>
>>88524636
its a single photo from 100 years ago and there is no evidence there are any other records m8, thats your headcanon. All he knows is that she is a meta that can live long.
>>
>>88524221
You shouldn't have plot holes in general, especially with the amount of writers that can be associated with movies like these.

You have close to a century of material to draw upon, you shouldn't be making a product that's somehow worse than the source material when you could literally fix any issues going on in the source material during filming.
>>
>>88524642
but not everyone knows each other's identities, just Lex, which has been done in comics before and then undone subsequently. Also Superman generally knows most other heroe's identities, and Buddy Baker never had a secret identity.
Also Zemo learned more than just their identities, but regardless its never explained how he learned that stuff.
>>
>>88524664
all you said was Lois stuff, so what Lois stuff did you mean then?
>>
>>88524676
yeah and all he got was a picture of her from 100 years ago, so all he knew was that she was a meta. Superman is the only other meta there so he assumes they are together in some fashion.
>>
>>88524703
Yes, pretty clear, pretty patethic.
>>
File: real bvs.jpg (758KB, 1899x2794px) Image search: [Google]
real bvs.jpg
758KB, 1899x2794px
>it's actually sound better than bvs
>>
>>88524681
where do they explain that in the movie then?
>>
>>88524686
it sure is possible, hell Martian Manhunter could just transform into someone named Martha.
>>
>>88524759
What about why Zod took her to his ship on MOS?
>>
>>88524744
HYDRA files and psychological study idiot
>>
>>88524801
this is about BvS.... what does that have to do with BvS? and in MoS her going to the ship was a vital part of them getting the Phantom Zone to work.
>>
>>88524775
>so he assumes they are together in some fashion.
Damn, Bruce is fucking retard in this universe. He is bad as detective, bad as tactican, bad as a hero. Also bad at keeping his vows to parents. Pathetic.
>>
>>88524812
so your headcanon then, got it. Its never shown him getting the data from there.
>>
>>88524784
Want to be specific? Just so we're clear
>>
>>88524833
>only know two metas
>both wear symbols
>both show up at the same fight
>dumb for asking if they are together

wew lad you are one retarded retard
>>
>>88524837
1. Zemo was looking at psychological profiles of each Avenger for years.
2.During this research through the numerous leaked HYDRA documents, Zemo discovered Bucky killed the Starks
3.He needed solid proof to ensure both Steve and Tony would act appropriately
4.His only means of recovering the data was by personally interviewing Bucky, so Zemo assumed the identity of a psychiatrist and was given access

Where is all of that explained in the movie
>>
>>88524835
He literally tells the HYDRA agent he drowned where he read about the Bucky report and said he spent years studying the avengers post AoU
>>
>>88524775
>Superman is the only other meta

So Batman magically never heard of El Diablo or the Flash before this?
>>
>>88524885
so if Lex had said he spent years studying Clark it would suddenly make it more acceptable he knew the information?
>>
>>88524885

no he tells Cap at the end he spent an entire year doing nothing but study him.
>>
>>88524854
That's not only about that, you mong. But for that case - different symbols. She also wears some kind of armor. Also absolutely different accents, manners, behavior etc. Even entry-level detective would realise that they're not together. But not Bruce and you kids. No, sir.
>>
>>88524891
he had the file on Flash, sure, but he doesnt know flash or el diablo. For all we know El Diablo could have come about/revealed himself post-superman arriving, plus he turned himself in to the police.

He only has met Superman and Wonder Woman and they are the only metas with any kind of symbols on them.
>>
>>88524900

Captain America's personal information is on display at museums and libraries; Superman's isn't.
>>
>>88524900
actually yeah, some kind of nod to the process would have been nice to hear
it would feel less like an ass pull
>>
>>88524900
More so Batman
>>
>>88524924
but they still both wear symbols and are metas that both arrived to the same fight, why would it be stupid to just ASK if they are together? isnt that what detectives do? ask questions?
>>
>be Snyder
>be shit director
>get popular by making mass-appeal shit
>hide entry-level themes and symbols behind first year film school cinematography
>critics and devoted audience members see right through this for the shit it is
>doesn't matter, subject matter alone draws in enough of an audience to make a profit
>keep getting work because of his bitch wife whose turned DC universe into fast-money making-company
>also this manlet cuck let his stupid wife AFFECT on fucking movies
>Jimmy Olsen is dead while Mr.Autismo is here thx to her
>>
>>88524948
its not an asspull if its assumed from the beginning of the movie, its not like he just reveals at the end that he suddenly knew he was all along.
>>
>>88524933

What about Killer Croc? Batman had to have been the guy who fought with this universe's Croc, right?
>>
>>88524961
Well, good detective would distinguish immortal amazon from alien farm boy
>>
>>88524924
>Bruce only knows 2 people with super-powers
"These 2 meta-humans defentley not together because.. different armor, maybe she's Amazonian? I only read about them in the books, but yeah, she's defenetly not kryptonian, they are not together, no"

And yeah, Zod had different symbol too
>>
>>88524987
he is just a mutated human, not a meta. He has a deformity, and they make that very clear in Suicide Squad. Also he could have also not been known till post-Superman.
>>
File: 1481254495445.jpg (2MB, 9600x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1481254495445.jpg
2MB, 9600x4000px
Don't worry lads.
In a few years people will look back and realize their mistake. It's 2001 and Citizen Kane all over again, and just like what happened to "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly" people will realize capemovies are not only for infantile stories.
>>
>>88525030
he had no idea that she was an amazon m8, he had a single photo of her from 100 years ago.

But nice stupid headcanon.
>>
>>88525043
>he is just a mutated human, not a meta

You got that backward, actually. guys like Flash and Croc who are mutated humans ARE metas, and superman technically isn't.
>>
>>88525057
o7
>>
>>88525057
are you sure it isnt dracula vs wolfman?
>>
>>88525065
i mean he has a deformity no special powers. He can hold his breath and has scales for skin and is just a strong guy.
>>
>>88525040
>can't distinguish some old greek accent (jewish in this movie) from cansas
>assume they're together
Dem, son.
>>88525060
>he had no idea that she was an amazon m8
Because he is stupid and ignorant af in this universe, kiddo. He haven't done a single damn research about people around him.
>>
>>88525091
for you
>>
>>88525057
>bvs is forgotten by literally everyone except few /tv/fags and people who actually care about DC universe
>this pretentious flick somehow will be remembered as mastepiece
Sure thing, mate.
>>
>>88525122
so you can just tell people are mythical amazons by looking at them?
>>
>>88525164
By hearing ancient greek accent, looking at ancient greek armor and having basic detective skills, yeah.
>>
>>88525181
she didnt have a greek accent because amazons arent greek and she had been living around the world for 100 years.

So you just know what ancient, mythical amazonian armor looks like? And you know its different than alien armor, which you've never seen?
>>
>>88525181
tell me, what does a the accent of mythical amazons sound like and how should one know it if they never had contact with mythical amazons before?
>>
>>88525208
If I had mind of greatest world's detective and resources of billionaire and few cool hack tech, I'd knew it all, yeah. You're just trying to downgrade Bruce intelligence to yours.
>>
>>88525268
amazons are mythical, they dont exist in any database you absolute retard.
>>
>>88525268
>Batman should be omniscient and know everything about races/people who are considered to not be real

batfags are the worst
>>
>>88525285
just type amazon.com, order something, then interview the delivery person
>>
>>88525304
hahaha holy kek, good one
>>
>>88525262
>>88525285
>be genius detective
>not being able to tell the difference between alien with behavior of farm boy and woman with strange greek-like accent and manners of the queen
You plebs don't know shit about Batman as I see. Why am I even lowering myself to dialog with you.
>>
>>88525304
i think you would be great quip-writer for Disney
>>
File: 1436717693826.jpg (111KB, 678x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1436717693826.jpg
111KB, 678x1000px
>>88525091
>no special powers
>He can hold his breath and has scales for skin and is just a strong guy
>>
>>88525300
Even you, stupid mongs, could tell the diffrerence between Clark and Diana,
>but they both mets so I just assume they're friends lol xD
I bet you all like snyderverse only becase there are everyone as stupid as you are.
>>
>>88525329
he can hold his breath as much as a above average swimmer can, and isnt supernaturally strong, just normal human strong. He is deformed and has scales and acts like a monster, but no powers.
>>
>>88525316
>>88525357
so just because she has an accent, thats more proof that she has no relation to superman, than them both having symbols, powers, and being at the same fight?

And he doesnt assume one way or the other, he asks a question, like a good detective does.
>>
>>88525304
>>88525309
>>88525327

Underages, go back to "explaining MOS site".
>>
>>88525367
What's the point of this pathetic shit in DCEU then? Where is the real Croc?
>>
>>88525367
Why the Squad need someone so weak and barely above avarage?
>>
>>88525357
>>88525316
>both be super powered
>both be outrageous in your outfits
>both have a single primary color in their outfits
>kryptonians are shown to have different accents via Zod having a different accent than Superman
>but I should assume one is from a mythical race that doesnt exist as far as I know

wow
>>
>>88520456
It's boring as fuck is why people hate it. You can't have a movie be titled Batman VS Superman and have most of the movie be boring shit with retarded aspie Lex Luthor.
>>
>>88525387
He just don't know shit and that's shy he is asking. And even you must realize that he is asking that retarded question only because they needed QUIPS xD. But really cringe ones.
>>
>>88525399
>>88525415
that is the real croc though, you guys never read comics? He is just a mutated human who borders on superhuman because he is strong and has scales. He doesnt really have any powers unless you count the crocodile like physique and sharp teeth, and I guess the fact that his croc like skin makes it easier to swim I suppose.
>Why the Squad need someone so weak and barely above avarage?
idk, ask Ostrander.
>>
>>88525417
Aliens wasn't here untill now you idiot. WW is on Earth, at least, a hundred year as he knows. Her armor doesn't look like any kryptonian or alien outfit. (Kryptonian staff looked almost the same). She literally look like a amazon warrior from mythos. And has some kind of ANCIENT greek accent, not modern american one. God, how far you'll show your ignorance to justify this bad joke?
>>
>>88525155
>bvs is forgotten by literally everyone except journalists.
ftfy
>>
>>88525448
>mutated human
>not meta
Being this way is his power. His skin is really tough. He is way stronger than ANY human, he is literally half reptile. In comics he turned more and more in crocodile, but SS creators don't have much time. so they decided to show cheap and boring version
>>
>>88525504
>(Kryptonian staff looked almost the same).

The kryptonian armor looked nothing like Suerpman/Zod's under suits

also she didnt have an ancient greek accent because she is amazonian so she had a made up accent of a mythical group that Batman has never heard of before.

Also, in real life, aliens could be a possibility. Amazons are magic. Confirming aliens doesnt suddenly make magic real too you idiot.
>>
>>88525555
> he is literally half reptile

thats not true, in the comics he just has mutated skin thats it. His skin is tough because its made of scales, but he isnt stronger than any human.
>>
>>88525629
And WW armor sure looks like kryptonian, you mong.
>absolutely different behavior
>absolutely diferent accents
>absolutely different outfut
>absolutely different POWERS AS HE SEE
>THEY'RE THE SAME xD
Damn, son. You should never reproduce. There are enough retards on this planet.
>>
>>88525646
well, that mutated skin might be just enough to tip the scales in a fight
>>
File: 1449523942229.jpg (26KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1449523942229.jpg
26KB, 500x378px
>>88524781
>(Shakes hands)

THIS IS ALL I WANTED
NOT THAT FUCKING MARTHA BULLSHIT
FUCK YOU SNYDER
>>
File: Untitled-23331.png (804KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-23331.png
804KB, 1000x1000px
>>88525504

>Aliens wasn't here untill now

Black Zero was on Earth 20000 years

>Her armor doesn't look like any kryptonian or alien outfit
>>
>>88525646
Damn, have you ever read Batman? He turned into total insane crocodile after Hush arc and became really strong and dangerous.
>>
>>88525748
it would be beyond glorious
>>
>>88525735
>both super strong
>both can cover great distances in a single bound
>absolutely different powers

>both fight a monster and try to protect humanity
>absolutely different behaviors

>absolutely diferent accents
>shown that kryptonians can have different accents

>absolutely different outfut
>>88525760

more like you are absolutely retarded
>>
>>88525760
>pic of Zod
>not Faora
>also has nothing in common anyway
>also ww having sword and shield
>just like any other kryptonian!...oh wait
Way to prove your point, kid.
>>
>>88525766
yeah he went insane, but he didnt gain super powers or become an actual lizard you fucking idiot

also

>citing anything surrounding Hush
jeeeeezus, try reading some real Batman like O'Neil, or at least try actually reading Suicide Squad comics.
>>
>>88525766
batman was a real investi gator
>>
File: 3AXbe4Dv9rs.jpg (26KB, 956x193px) Image search: [Google]
3AXbe4Dv9rs.jpg
26KB, 956x193px
>>88525748

Batman is never actually confronting Superman with the possibility that Superman will become a threat or that he’s too powerful to be trusted. Instead, Batman is talking about his parents and about how he’s struggled to make sense of the world. Batman’s primary issue is his psychological feeling of powerlessness and his inability to handle his failures as both Bruce and Batman.

that (pic related) dream showed Bruce still having nightmares about his parents’ death, and now here he is trying to do the only thing that he thinks will matter, trying to redeem himself and his parents through vengeance, which of course is a path toward doom. Bruce is mourning his parents’ death, sees picture of Archangel Michael with spear(!!). And the man-bat breaking out of the bloody tomb was the warning that if Batman spills blood with the spear (that is, he kills Superman), that he will actually be unleashing a demon (that is, himself, for having gone completely over the edge and becoming a murderer).

Chris Terrio himself, in an interview with the Wall Street Journal, said that he was digging in to revenge tragedy structure for his work on BvS. A typical revenge tragedy takes the character all the way to the moment where they are going to carry out the vengeance, and of course if they do they are actually harming themself, not just the person they’re targeting. It’s really their own soul that is on the line. And in the revenge tragedy structure, that all leads up to the moment called Anagnorisis — the recognition or moment of clarity when the main character gains the understanding that was missing.

"Martha bullshit" way more interesting than (SHAKES HANDS)
>>
>>88525815
its absolutely retarded how you think batman should just assume mystical amazonians exist and should be able to just spot one out right there, and you think its too out of character for a detective to ask a question?
>>
>>88525842
>
Chris Terrio himself, in an interview with the Wall Street Journal, said that he was digging in to revenge tragedy structure for his work on BvS. A typical revenge tragedy takes the character all the way to the moment where they are going to carry out the vengeance, and of course if they do they are actually harming themself, not just the person they’re targeting. It’s really their own soul that is on the line. And in the revenge tragedy structure, that all leads up to the moment called Anagnorisis — the recognition or moment of clarity when the main character gains the understanding that was missing.

Thats cool, Terrio seems like a smart dude
>>
>>88525809
>both can cover great distances in a single bound
>jump
>same as free flight
>both fight a monster and try to protect humanity
So, You mean Batman have same behavior as them? Christ. Is he kryptonian too?
>kryptonians both having modern american accents
>WW having some kind of ancient greek one (by logic of snyderverse)
>IT'S OKAY xD
>calling other people retards
You just should end your life for being this pathetic.
>>
>>88525852
>flying aliens can exist but anicent amazons don't
Hmm
>>
>>88525910
>>88525957
give me one reason why he should just assume ancient Amazonians suddenly exist. It would be more retarded to just make that assumption instead of asking questions and trying to figure it out.
>>
>>88525874
>WB get full freaking out after seeing Snyder's and Goyer's abomination
>Begging Affleck to do smth
>Ben brings Terrio
>Terrio tries his best to clean this pile of (shit) scenario
>Makes Ben's lines, at least, good
>Makes movie look not like a total garbage, but just like generic pretentious flick
>Gives detailed and meaningful while Snyder talks about raping Batman in the jail
Damn, I hope Ben and Chris will save Batman's solo movie. All they need is Hack as far as possible from script and style of the movie.
>>
>>88525982
He could figure it out right after looking at photo. Just make a little research as detective do, not fucking random whores around and drink. But why would he do that, right? He can ask his new best friend Superman right after "death battle"
>>
>>88525208
>So you just know what ancient, mythical amazonian armor looks like?
No, but Bruce should. He saw her fucking wearing it in the picture.
>>
>>88526039
Goyer's part of it was probably bad, but Snyder is a smart dude, and the rape thing was just a way to talk about Nolan's universe was ultimately lacked consequences. Batman is locked in the pit and has a broken back and emerges exactly the same as he was when he went in. He retires from crime fighting for years and still has all of his physical prowess and know how. Gotham is still exactly the same in The Dark Knight Rises despite having had two consecutive terrorist attacks.
>>
>>88526094
>>88526098

>see a photo of a woman from 100 years ago
>FUCK I KNOW SHE IS PART OF ANCIENT AMAZONIANS NO WAY SHE IS JUST ANOTHER SUPER ALIEN LIKE THE ONES THAT I KNOW EXIST

you are absolutely retarded.
>>
>>88526112
>but Snyder is a smart dude, and the rape thing was just a way to talk about Nolan's universe was ultimately lacked consequences
Just no. It's clear that Snyder is dumb af and don't know shit about universe. His wife just manipulating him to use big names of DC heroes to make easy money to their family budget.
>>
>>88526094
where do you research for proof of mythical amazonians? Why even start doing that if the easier assumption is that she might be alien like Superman, and the first step to figure out what she is is asking Superman if she is with him, like he does.

You are basically asspained that his investigation into WW starts when he asks Superman a question, not before that.
>>
>>88526150
not true at all, Snyder fought for the red shorts in MoS but the studio wouldnt let him and he finished his highschool classes early,

Here at the 42 minute mark: http://themidside.com/snyder-series-man-of-steel/

A person that works with Snyder talks about it, his senior year in HS he had only two classes left so he just read books, painted, and worked out. He really is a smart guy and is apparently constantly reading and learning about paintings.
>>
>>88526150
you know Deborah Snyder didn't want Zach to do MoS right?
>>
>>88526132
>Just make a little research
I assume you're so ass-blasted that you can't read anymore. Stay mad and stupud as much as you want. this
>IS SHE WITH YOU xD
Will stay stupid bad quip.
>>
>>88526132
>SHE IS JUST ANOTHER SUPER ALIEN LIKE THE ONES THAT I KNOW EXIST
More like she's on file with other demonstrations of fuckoff strangeness. When she shows up, in the same outfit from the picture, sword and shield, his initial response shouldn't be "whoa who's this". Nobody said he should know everything about her, just that that he'd get what she was capable when she shows up.
>>
>>88526201
its him asking a question to start his investigation, please tell me, why should he assume from the photo that she is an amazon?
>>
>>88526150
http://www.craveonline.com/site/515353-exclusive-interview-deborah-snyder-talks-man-of-steel-and-easter-eggs#!

The studio asked Zack to direct, not Deborah, and she didn't want him to do it at first you idiot.

>Zack got off the phone and we were like… [Gasps]! And I said “I don’t know, Zack. I don’t know how…” And he was such a fan of the character, he had different trepidations, right?
>>
>>88526236
why? he has a single photo of her, no other information.
>>
>>88526277
He has a picture of her in war armor dated from World War 1. Her age alone is at least a century, she appears on the battlefield carrying a sword and shield and wearing the same armor, and as a bonus, he's not as retarded as you. Stop misunderstanding what we're saying and pay attention. Nobody said Bruce should assume/know she's Amazonian. Just that when she shows up, his reaction shouldn't be "Is she with you".
>>
>Snyder fought for the red shorts in MoS
>Haven't fought to the real Superman character
As I said. Zack only loves bright pictures and "cool" scenes from comics, without understanding anything. And he thinks that some "references" will convince people that he know shit.
>>88526197
>>88526261
>wew, she said that, it must be true Her husband SUCH A FAN. It's not like she wanted easy money after Nolan's success. It's not like she affected the whole BvS after. It's her husband who is such a fan that let her rape few characters for fun.
>>
>>88526343
>he thinks that some "references" will convince people that he know shit.
Making Ozymandias' costume a gag based on the Bat nipples is probably the pillar of showing how he doesn't fucking get it.
>>
>>88526244
Because she looks like one? Anicent greek/roman armor, sword and shield in the middle of WWI? Not a single sign of alien shit?
>>
>>88526332
why not? He is asking if she is a kryptonian/associated with Superman? Whats wrong about trying to figure that out? They both wear symbols and have super powers, its at least worth the inquiry.
>>
>>88526376
>trying to adapt something from one medium to another, and adapt the commentary from Super Hero comics to Super Hero movies shows he doesn't get it

wew
>>
>>88526376
Oh, you're casual who think that Hack know shit about Watchmen. He missed the whole point of this damn universe. As much as he did with DC. Maybe even more.
>>
>>88526391
so you know what amazonians, a mythical people that dont exist, look like in real life then?

And how many times do I have to tell you none of her shit is greek, greeks didnt have bronze working back then, she has fucking amazonian armor which is mythical and thus Batman has no point of reference with which to compare it to.
>>
>>88526332
They both have superpowers. Might be a bit reductive but pretty sensible to assume she's with Superman. It's irrelevant really, when people don't like a movie they'll criticize every inconsequential little facet, when they do like it none of that matters. Trying to apply reason to every bit of a movie when a fair share of it exists simply because of artistic caprice is pointless.
>>
>>88526436
the point was to be a deconstruction, and aside from the hyper-stylized action which just ties it further into super hero movies, snyder did that. They even made it more movie like by having Manhattan be the scapegoat, making it more neat and fit into a little bow, which is a big difference between movie storytelling and comics storytelling. Plus the alien monster itself was a metaphor FOR comics so it really makes no sense to put it into movies.
>>
>>88526444
I know how amazonian WOULD look like from stories about them. Maybe they've even existed, but greeks erased them and now they exist only as a myth. That's called research and detective work. You notice little things and think. Not just.
Nah, they're the same. Two aliens, hmm. I'll don't give a shit about female one since she is not doing anything like her alien friend. It's not strange at atll thay they're nothing alike and only superstrong shit in common.
>>
>>88520561
People want attention and it's easy (You)s
>>
>>88526533
what stories anon, what stories talk about amazonians wearing bronze armor with Ws on them?

Amazonian stories describe them as having one cut off breast and using bows.

She wore armor that had a single primary color (like Superman's and Zods) and had a giant single letter emblem on it (like Superman's and Zod's) and she had super powers (like Superman and Zod) so it, at the very least, begs the question if she might be a kryptonian too.
>>
>>88526533
Why do people want Batman to be omniscient? Why would he have Amazons in the forefront of his mind? Why not assume she's a succubus or a valkyrie or who knows what?
>>
>>88526499
>so it really makes no sense to put it into movies.
So does not making this movie at all. It COULD be good in this year, after all capeshit. But for now, it's just flopped, accented on Manhaten's dick and slow-mo ok capeshit, but terrible adaptation. MoS is same. BvS is meh capeshit, absolutely disgusting adaptation.
>>
>>88526611
I agree they shouldnt have made it, but for what Snyder had to work with he made the best possible adaptation he could have.
>>
>>88526591
>Her armor is nothing like Faora's
>Her behavior is nothing like aliens
>She is not even flyiing
>She is wearing fucking sword and shield
They have streingh in common. That's all. Her armor looks like some ancient one, roman/greek/anglo-sux. It doesn't matter. Kryptonian outfit LOOKS like alien shit, Her armor is not.
>>
>>88526611
MoS and BvS arent adaptations of specific stories, they are new stories with elements from the comics we know.
>>
>>88526679
so Batman should just assume all Kryptonian armor looks the same? Thats not very open minded or detective like

plus she looks nothing like the amazonians of legend, and doesnt even assume she is kryptonian, but just asks the question.

I cant believe you get so triggered over a question, a detective doing detective things.
>>
>>88521356
Why? It's simple. WB is run by soulless old executives that just want to play catch up with Disney to the point they rather butcher their heroes then take the old adage "slow and steady wins the race" so now they have butchered the start to their universe.
>>
>>88526594
>omniscient
Not that. I want him not be insane retard who can't into simple research about anyone around him (including lex and clark), not able to keep his secret identity, not able to keep his vows (just because Snyder misunderstood Miller's TDKR, lol), and be VERY lucky that Superman is even more stupid than him in the battle which could be stopped by hundred ways, but needed to happen because they've made the whole movie around this ticket bait. "death battle"
>>
>>88521356
everyone is familiar with Robin anon, everyone.
>>
>>88526683
It's shitty mix of good, bad and meh stories without understaning the core of the universe and characters. DCAU was "new story" Still awesome. Arhkamverse was "new story" Still awesome. But DCEU is pure shit as adaptation.
>>
>>88526756
>I want him not be insane retard

Are we talking about the same Batman?
>>
>>88526814
>Arkhamverse
>awesome
It's dogshit storywise. The only thing it has for it is gameplay.
>>
>>88526703
I'm not mad about sense of this question. I'm mad about dark knight quipping in the middle of the battle while looking fuckin hilarious in a bad way.
>>
>>88526756
>I want him not be insane retard who can't into simple research about anyone around him
He did just as much research as he needed to do. He had no reason to believe Lex did anything evil, just like he doesn't investigate Lex everytime Joker does everything bad. For the same reason he doesn't try to figure out Joker's secret identity he didnt need Superman's secret identity, it wasn't important and he doesn't even think he has one to begin with. He figure out how to stop him and thats what he needed.

>not able to keep his vows
Where does he ever explicitly vow never to kill anyone ever ever ever? Plus he lost a robin and was viewed killing Superman as his one shot of redemption.
> VERY lucky that Superman is even more stupid than him in the battle which could be stopped by hundred ways
Superman never wanted to kill batman, most of their fight was Superman trying to convince Batman to help him, then toying with him because he didnt know kryptonite was a thing.
>>
In terms of his metaphorical meaning Snyder's Superman has more in common with Alan Moore's Miracleman than the traditional interpretation of the character. Which is fine by me but I can see why some consider it sacrilege.
>>
>>88526816
Bruce is insane, but not a retard. And there are NOT A SINGLE FUCKING GOOD STORY where he does anything I've said in the previous post.
>>88526831
>literally best adaptation of Batman's origin
>dogshit
>>
File: can this please just end.jpg (57KB, 435x695px) Image search: [Google]
can this please just end.jpg
57KB, 435x695px
>>
>>88526835
>moving goal posts
>>
>>88526897
>Bruce is insane, but not a retard.

He made OMAC, that was pretty retarded.
>>
>>88526835
asking a question is a quip now? The quip was from Superman with the retort, which was perfectly in character for Superman.
>>
>>88526873
> he didnt need Superman's secret identity, it wasn't important and he doesn't even think he has one to begin with.
Because he is fucking retard and bad tactican.
I don't need his identity and connections of my enemy, I'll just PUT FIST IN HIS FACE LIKE NIGGER SAID xD I'll rely on his mercy to not shooting me by laser vision from the first second etc.
>Where does he ever explicitly vow never to kill anyone ever ever ever?
In every good Batman's story.
> Plus he lost a robin
And Joker and Harley is still alive. Much logic here.
>I'll not kill murderers of my son, but I'll murder random mercenaries because....ammm....alien showed up? It crackes me much harder than Robin's death!
>Superman never wanted to kill batman,
That's what I'm talking about. His plan was to kill HORRIBLE ALIEN while alien just stays there and letting him doing his shit. Throwing slow gas grenades around etc. Batman's plan was to alien being absolutely retarded (well, he is, it's snyderverse)
>>
>>88526897
>literally best adaptation of Batman's origin
You have no taste.
>>
>>88526964
And all scene looked cringy af.
>we're dark marlel now xD
>>
>>88527036
Before bitching around you should show yours. And we'll decide who is right.
>>
>>88526112
>but Snyder is a smart dude

Many things point to him being pretty stupid among movie directors.
>>
>>88526436
>who think that Hack know shit about Watchmen
Bro I'm saying the same shit you are.
>>
>>88527089
Before displaying shit taste you should consider looking for a cure.
>>
>>88527118
Nice dodging, pleb. I knew you'll show that you're just a pussy wtihout any knowledge of universe.
>>
>>88527151
He likes that one with RAPE.
>>
>>88527029
>Because he is fucking retard and bad tactican.
Why? He never get Joker's identity, it would be excess information, and once again, he is just assuming he doesnt have one, the same way no one thinks Doomsday has a secret identity or that Mr. Myx has a secret identity, or that Darkseid as a secret identity.

>In every good Batman's story.
No, he doesnt explicitly promise not to kill, and the fact that you cant actually cite comics shows your casual
>And Joker and Harley is still alive. Much logic here.
>I'll not kill murderers of my son, but I'll murder random mercenaries because....ammm....alien showed up? It crackes me much harder than Robin's death!

Because he didnt start killing till Superman came, him losing a robin was the first step of him going off the deep end, Superman was the second. And he doesnt flat out murder anyone, he just doesnt go out of his way to save people or make sure there isnt any collatoral damage.

> His plan was to kill HORRIBLE ALIEN while alien just stays there and letting him doing his shit. Throwing slow gas grenades around etc. Batman's plan was to alien being absolutely retarded
How is retarded? Superman has no reason to believe anything Batman throws at him will hurt him so he has no reason to be cautious, and then when he does get hit with a grenade you can see Superman's whole demeanor shift.
>>
>>88527114
That's wasn't me, mate. This thread is filled with agressive fake fans of universe.
>>
>>88527062
> And all scene looked cringy
learn English
>>
>>88527099
What though? Whenever people say this it's usually just "He doesn't like Batman the same way I like him."
>>
>>88527194
>He never get Joker's identity, it would be excess information,

Are you RETARDED? He doesn't get because he never was able.

Its one thing that he asks to the Chair when he becomes a New God.
>>
>>88527151
No one is dodging anyone, you tasteless moron.
If you're really tasteless enough to think that Arkhamshit is in any way best anything storywise, you should kill yourself.
>>
>>88526897
>best adaptation is Arkham

hooooly shit
>>
>>88527271
everyone knows the animated origin was the best
>>
>>88527099
http://themidside.com/snyder-series-man-of-steel/

At around the 42 minute mark, a person who worked with Snyder talks about how he finished his highschool classes early and has an encyclopedic knowledge of paintings and books.
>>
>>88527292
Irrelevant.
>>
>>88527255
and what does he do with that information? once he has it it doesn't make it any easier to catch the joker, its excess information. And i can't believe you are citing fucking Johns for good Batman. That was one writer's interpretation, in The Killing Joker Moore's interpretation is that it doesn't matter what his origin is because its excess information, they do the same thing with his official bio written by Dini where they say "here are three possible origins but it doesnt even matter"
>>
>>88527292
Snyder isn't dumb he's just weird. I think admirably so.
>>
File: F.U.T.U.R.E.-1.jpg (68KB, 258x302px) Image search: [Google]
F.U.T.U.R.E.-1.jpg
68KB, 258x302px
Man, this thread made me go from thinking that the DCEU was just "meh" to thinking that it is "complete garbage".
>>
>>88527326
>Snyder isn't smart
>here is some evidence of him being smart
>Irrelevant!

you sure a smart dude.
>>
>>88527326
The one true test of a person's intelligence is whether they like the same kind of comic book bullshit that I like.
>>
>>88527292
The name for it is autistic savant, maybe even aspenger.
>>
>>88527331
he is very weird indeed, but apparently everyone that works with him loves him.
>>
>>88527327
You sure got everything wrong about the things that you like to mention.
>>
>>88527194
>He never get Joker's identity
It's more like he just can't. Even SMART Batman can't do that, not saying about retarded Batfleck who can't figure out anything, except fucking boat for the half of the movie.
>what secret identity of Superman would give me as a tactican? hmm? Maybe I could get to him easily through his alter-ago? Maybe I could use his "friends" and "family"? Naaaaaaaah, I'll USE MY BAT-FISTS. BRAIN IS FOR A WEAK.
>No, he doesnt explicitly promise not to kill
He promise to do justice which excluded killing, don't be retarded. And it's obvious on earth-0,1,2 and every other not some totally fucked up earth.
>Because he didnt start killing till Superman came
That's the point, can you read?
>And he doesnt flat out murder anyone, he just doesnt go out of his way to save people or make sure there isnt any collatoral damage.
And here I realized that you're either fat or just absolutely stupid. I'll not waste my time on you anymore.
>>
>>88527358
>w-well he is just autistic, ha!

really compelling argument there aspie
>>
>>88527406
>n-no y-you!
>>
>>88521649
But his cape is magic in the comics
>>
>>88527336
You are totally right. Finishing high school early is such an amazing feat that only true geniuses could possibly undertake.
>>
>>88527401
>It's more like he just can't.
Why not? Thats stupid if he cant even get a regular madman's secret identity.

>He promise to do justice which excluded killing
Well cite it then, show me the comic where he explicitly says he will never ever kill ever.

>And here I realized that you're either fat or just absolutely stupid.
>I got no comeback b-but you're wrong

wew lad
>>
>>88527416
Sssshhh Snyderfags don't read comics.
>>
>>88527270
Pathetic pleb is too afraid to name his version. Hilarious.
>>88527271
Name better one. I'll wait.
>>
>>88527416
no it isnt
>>
>>88527360
Yeah he's like if Michael Bay was nice.
>>
>>88527433
you didnt even listen to the interview and ignored the other things I said. At the very least it shows he has some intelligence, more than you anyway.
>>
>>88527439
it isnt magic in the comics though, its just a normal cape, it doesnt have a personality you fucking idiot
>>
>>88527436
>Why not?

To begin with, I doubt DC will let a writter do a definitive origin for Joker on main canon. Part of his appeal is being mysterious.

On continuities where he do had one, he discovered, like DCAU.
>>
>>88527440
Snyder's 1 minute version of the origin was incredibly tight, but I know you'll just ignore it, so at the very least TAS version and the Nolan versions were better.
>>
>>88527451
its not just magic, but its also stylish
that cape is totally fly
>>
>>88527451
It's what lets Strange fly, it even has a favorite closet, have you ever read a Doctor Strange comic?
>>
>>88527271
Apparently, blindly mashing shit from Year One and tons of other shit, adding your own inane godawful writing and turning everything into a barely functioning mess constitutes as "the best Batman origin".
>Arkhamfags
>intelligent life
Pick one.
>>
>>88527492
>my meta reasons justify my hate that batman doesnt find out Superman's secret identity but my acceptance of him not finding joker's

absolutely retarded.
>>
>>88527485
>Cloak of Levitation
>just a normal cape

Do all capes let you fly in your world?
>>
>>88527436
Well, you're making logical mistakes, skipping parts which you can't excuse and spread obvious lies about "not murdering", "saving people" etc. There is no reason to me to explain your obvious failures .
>>
File: suckerpunch_keyart.jpg (3MB, 1400x2100px) Image search: [Google]
suckerpunch_keyart.jpg
3MB, 1400x2100px
>>88527468
He is on the wrong work them, because he sure is inconpetent.
>>
>>88527511
>>88527506
its not though, he flies without a cape all the time you absolute idiots
>>
>>88520545

>why do people hate that scene?

If you have to ask, you will never know.
>>
>>88527565
yeah, but flying using a cape is pretty cool
>>
>>88527524
then how does he fly without it? Just because it can fly doesnt make it how he flies.
>>
>>88527526
what parts did I skip? and way to actually address what I said ant not just pivoting to a different topic, fag.
>>
>>88527562
Have you even watched Sucker Punch? Because it actually rules.
>>
>>88527521
Well yes, higher ups not letting things is valid answer, even if their decisions are stupid. Its like asking why they never executed Joker.
>>
>>88527497
>Snyder's 1 minute version of the origin was incredibly tight
I'LL HIT GUNMAN WITH MY FIST
Thomas Retarded Wayne. Like father - like son.
>TAS version
Outdated. It just can't work on big screen.
>Nolan versions
It's just blant copy of year one mixed with a head of the demon. It's good for nolanverse, but not best adaptation.
>>
>>88527587
why is a magic flying cape so hard to grasp?
>>
>>88527607
Snyderfags should be gassed.
>>
>>88527631
because thats not what it is in the comics you fucking mong
>>
File: 1481469225362.jpg (413KB, 1373x530px) Image search: [Google]
1481469225362.jpg
413KB, 1373x530px
>>88527607
You snydercucks really have 0 taste.
>>
>>88527615
so if the higher ups had wanted Batman to not research Superman's secret identity that would be acceptable to you?
>>
>>88527605
I'll just hope you'll never reproduce, And since you're Snyderfag it will never happen anyway, so I'm happy.
>>
>>88527623
>defending yourself from a mugger is retarded
k
>>
>>88527607

Sucker Punch is a pile of visual vomit sitting on a story that wants to be a feminist tract but ends up being a shoddy mess.
>>
>>88527607
Patethic.
>>
>>88527681
>I-I c-can't actually say what parts you skipped a-and I'm not gunna retort you but you are a retard!
k
>>
File: smug_ghost_eats_french_toast.jpg (39KB, 457x496px) Image search: [Google]
smug_ghost_eats_french_toast.jpg
39KB, 457x496px
>>88527607

put me in the screencap
>>
File: p1_14 copy.jpg (450KB, 1000x1518px) Image search: [Google]
p1_14 copy.jpg
450KB, 1000x1518px
>>88527451
>>88527485
>>88527565
>>88527660
get shit on
>>
>>88527675
It would still be stupid.

But at least Batman from comics try without sucess, unlike Snyderbat, that doesn't even TRY looking at Supes, which is much worse.
>>
>>88527686
letting your family die because you couldn't just give him your wallet is sure retarded, mate. Do you realise that? Thomas Waye is the reason they died in Snyder's vision.
>>
>>88527623
>complains about something being a bland copy of Year One mixed with something else while praising Arkhamshit which is exactly that only even more badly-written
Ayy lmao. I can't take you seriously anymore

>It just can't work on big screen.
That has no bearing on anything, you faggot.
>>
>>88527660
>cant change anything in the comics
gotcha
>>
>>88527742
he is using his magic to bring the cape to him, the cape isnt alive you fucking idiot
>>
>>88527752
Dude snyderfags praise Sucker fucking Punch.
>>
>>88527745
because Snyderbats doesnt think Superman has one, just like no one thinks Doomsday has one, just like how 50% of the time Wonder Woman doesn't have one or how Booster Gold doesn't have one. Why is that so hard for you to accept?
>>
File: p2_3 copy.jpg (400KB, 1000x1518px) Image search: [Google]
p2_3 copy.jpg
400KB, 1000x1518px
>>88527801
so he's also using his magic to make the cape sit up on a chair, then?
>>
>>88527752
Don't be mad, pleb. I'm talking about things which can be adapted on big screen. DCAU is too childish. Arkhamverse is well-perceived by actual fans of universe and easy to adapt to big screen and also show casuals that Batman can be cool detective AND fighter with strong moral and code, not insane retard.
>>
>>88527825
its not sitting there, he is using his magic to have it come up towards him because he is getting dressed, how dumb are you?
>>
File: p1_12 copy.jpg (453KB, 1000x1518px) Image search: [Google]
p1_12 copy.jpg
453KB, 1000x1518px
>>88527849
yep, just like how he uses his magic to make the Cloak hide from him in a closet
>>
>>88527823
>because Snyderbats doesnt think Superman has one
And you know why? Because he is stupid as hell. Making your main characters and villains are literal autists are way to failure.
>>
File: DarkKnightBvS.jpg (249KB, 600x2625px) Image search: [Google]
DarkKnightBvS.jpg
249KB, 600x2625px
>>88527751
he punches him after the first show you retard
>>
>>88527805
What does that have to do with anything? I hate Snyder. But to pretend that Arkhamshit's story worth a damn is ridiculous.
Even the mediocre cartoon adaptation of Year One is better than Arkhamshit.
>>
>>88527879
how is it stupid? Why SHOULD he assume he has a human identity? Where is the evidence?
>>
>>88527801
>not wanting a empathic cape that helps you out and protects you
bad taste man
>>
>>88527878
thats just wong being playful, I say my stuff hides from me all the time. No where does it explicitly say its alive. Its never treated as alive after or before that particular arc in any fashion.
>>
>>88527893
Yeah, nice proof of you, being blind and stupid.
>Thomas makes FIST OF JUSTICE
>Joe noticed that
>shoots
>Thomos killed himself and Martha by being heroic moron
>>
>>88527635
>>88527663
>>88527691
>>88527693
>>88527732
Wake me when the MCU has anything as gracefully cinematic as this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gl2I5exFfM
>>
>>88527751
>>88527893
first shot*
>>
>>88527914
So, you saying he didn't knew that Clark Kent is Superman?
>>
>>88527940

A cover song and decent cinematography does not impress me, anon. You will have to do better than that.
>>
>>88527963
well duh
>>
File: Snyderfags.png (34KB, 832x123px) Image search: [Google]
Snyderfags.png
34KB, 832x123px
>>88520456
>this movie was somehow so fucking awful there are still threads like this
Go back to /tv/ where they're at least aware they're being ironic.
>>
>>88527936
i rewatched it, ur right he does try to punch him first, but that really doesnt bother me, I have problem with a father trying to defend his family.
>>
>>88527940
That movie bombed for a good reason.
>>
>>88527994
So, you saying he is literally blind retard who can't see his rival on the Lex's party? And he is just mocking Kent for fun?
>>
>>88527840
>pleb
The only pleb here is you.
>DCAU is too childish
It's no more childish than your shitty videogames. Even less so at least because Mask of Phantasm is not written by a bunch of morons who think edgy = mature.
>muh big screen
Oh.
Kill yourself, /tv/shitter.
>Arkhamverse is well-perceived by actual fans
Arkhamshit's writing is only well-perceived by tasteless morons who wouldn't know what good writing is. The only reason people like that trash is gameplay, which is something your tiny brain is struggling to grasp.
> cool detective
Press X.
Yeah, fantastic detective, you moron.
>AND fighter
So, that's what you want to see instead of a good story? Go away, child.
>>
>>88528007
Thomas should defend his family by being smart and calm. Not by being reason they're shot.
>>
>>88528028
the clark kent disguise works in the comics, no reason for it not to work in the movie, and he was mocking Kent because Kent writes pro-Superman articles and he doesn't like Superman.
>>
>>88528028
>literally blind
no, he could see
>>
If I wanted to kill one of you.
If I thought you were an inhuman blight and the world would be better off if you were dead and I didn't care who got in my way.
The first step would be to doxx you..

Batman is dumber than me. That's scary.
>>
>>88528042
>too childish
actually it proved you can be mature without showing a drop of blood, through atmosphere, good writing, and nor talking down to the kids but letting them receive the message on their own terms
>>
>>88528052
there are plenty of comics that characterize him as being more strong headed and emotional anon, hell in Flashpoint he becomes violent killer Batman.
>>
>>88528052
>smart and calm

Batman Begins Batman parents died because of Thomas Wayne's epileptic seizure but nobody complain
>>
>>88528042
>The only reason people like that trash is gameplay

but the gameplay isn't very good either, what the fuck
>>
>>88527989
That fact that he sets up the premise for his film without words isn't impressive when an MCU movie can't go 10 seconds without some cringeworthy banter? Most movies today don't even try to tell stories visually.
>>
>>88528115
I agree, but people seem to think it's the best thing ever. Just look at every review.
>>
>>88528052
but being smart and calm is what gets them killed in every other version
>>
>>88527940

>narration

into the trash
>>
>>88524636
There is nothing indicating that, can we please talk about the movie and not your fantasies?
>>
>>88528142
yeah I forgot, Citizen Kane was awful because of all the narration.
>>
>>88528142
Iron Man 3 had narration and it was the best MCU film.
>>
>>88528042
>The only pleb here is you.
>N-no y-you
Hilarious.
>It's no more childish than your shitty videogames
I just assume game was too hard for you.
>Kill yourself, /tv/shitter.
It's the thread ABOUT MOVIE, RETARD.
> tasteless morons who wouldn't know what good writing is
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EVERYONE IS TASTELESS, BUT MEEEEEEEEEEE
>Press X.
>Yeah, fantastic detective, you moron.
It's made for you, you brain-damaged monkey. You are too stupid to make detective work, so there are tech and Bruce himself solving problems. That's the point. Bruce is detective, not you.
>So, that's what you want to see instead of a good story?
I've never assumed that, you mong. Guess discussion, as a game, is too hard for you.
>>
>>88528160

glad you remembered

>>88528165

>Iron Man 3

into the trash
>>
>>88528123

>That fact that he sets up the premise for his film without words isn't impressive

No, it isn't. Any good director can do it, and they can likely do it better than Snyder.

>an MCU movie can't go 10 seconds without some cringeworthy banter

You can criticize the writing of Marvel films all you want, but doing that doesn't make "Sucker Punch" any better.
>>
>>88528195
you gave me a hearty kek anon, thank you
>>
>>88528184
>thread ABOUT MOVIE
and thus a /tv/shitter thread
>>
>>88528070
>the clark kent disguise works in the comics
BECAUSE IT'S COMIC. You accept that everyone is blind there. You accept kryptonian dogs, you accept DC universe being dream of the alcoholic etc. If you tell me that from your point of view he didn't knew Clark is Supes - you accept Bruce being blind retard in Snyderverse. And you're okay with that?
>>
>>88527607
>it actually rules
Proving once again that Snyderfags are just underage contrarians.
>>
>>88528094
>strong headed and emotional
But still smart enough to not trying to panch a man with a fucking gun.
>>88528114
It was accident. And that's the whole point of the scene. Damn accident. It's much better than hero-father who killed his family
>>88528129
Not that. Other, proper reasons. But, at least, he died with dignity and without guilt for their deaths.
>>
>>88526094
>Wow 100 years ago she was around
>Guess I kno she is an amazon despite no other evidence of amazons for me to compare, plus she has nothing to do with greeks and her costume doesn't look greek and has an israeli accent, so I'll assume she is greek
>Heheh so smart look at me I'm a detective!

For all he knows she could be just a goddamn immortal.
>>
>>88528262

A Superman comic book takes place in a fictional universe. A Superman film takes place in a fictional universe. Why can't the rules for the former carry over into the latter?
>>
>>88528262
>you accept Bruce being blind retard in Snyderverse.
But he objectively is. He was literally tricked into fighting Superman by a twitchy spaz. Not to mention all the people he killed.
>>
>>88528338
Because it looks really stupid when something like that happens on the big screen. Also if all the style and supplying screams about how serious this movie is.
>>
>>88528184
>disagrees with me
>p-pleb
Hilarious.
>N-NO ONE CAN DISLIKE MY SHITTY GAME, IT'S MUST BE BECAUSE IT'S HARD FOR THEM
You're getting more pathetic with each minute. Just kill yourself.
>N-NO I JUST MEANT MOVIES
>when the entire argument was about adaptations in general
Nice goalpost moving, retard.
I swear, if people like you killed themselves en masse, the world would instantly improve.
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EVERYONE IS A PLEB BUT ME
Two can play this game.
>It's made for you, you brain-damaged monkey.
Oh, now you're pretending that it's not what 99 percent of players are doing. Or that detective "work" in those shitty games is complex. Just fuck off.
>I've never assumed that, you mong.
THAT'S WHAT YOU'VE BEEN DOING THE ENTIRE THREAD, YOU USELESS PIECE OF GARBAGE. Get cancer. For the love of God, get cancer.
>>
>>88528380
Well, that's my point. All the things lead to fact that this Batman is fucking pathetic as character and has nothing to do with any proper version. Even TDKR one was old and grumpy, but still really smart and ofc, wasn't manipulated by autists.
>>
>>88528123
>That fact that he sets up the premise for his film without words
>without words

see

>>88528142
>>
>>88528387

>Because it looks really stupid when something like that happens on the big screen.

Christopher Reeve showed exactly how the "secret identity" could work in the original "Superman" film. Don't blame the rules for the people who use them wrong.
>>
>>88528433
>being this mad
It's okay, kiddo. Game is too hard for you, I got it.
>>
>>88528481
>comparing comfy old movie to "serious" modern capeshit.
Also even in DCAU Batman figured out Supes identity almost from the begining.
>>
>>88528436
>>88528380
thats the point though, he wasnt being Batman when he was blinded, he was being an irrational villain that only saw what he wanted to see. Even Alfred keeps telling him he isnt being Batman anymore. He wasnt true Batman till the end when Superman redeemed him.
>>
>>88528536
not really, and DCAU isnt particularly faithful to anything. Just look at how they handled the GLs.
>>
>>88528313
I wouldnt feel guilty if a mugger killed my family while I tried to defend them. You are trying too hard to see a problem where there isnt any, just like Snyderbats.
>>
>>88528536
in the DCAU he wasnt trying to kill Superman and didnt view him as a demigod alien, since his Robin wasnt dead.
>>
>>88528536

>even in DCAU

Not relevant. The DCAU exists in a different fictional universe than "Batman v Superman". So does "Superman". The writer of a fictional universe can use and abuse the general rules of that universe in any way they want - moreso when it is but one interpretation amongst many.

And yes, I will compare "Superman" to "Batman v Superman" because they are both superhero movies that have a lead character in common. Unless you can cite a law or a 4chan rule that says I cannot do that, you can kiss my pale white ass.
>>
>>88528506
Keep on defending your shitty games because you're so casual, they're the only games you have ever completed.
>>
>>88528548
>Batman v Superman in the title
>No Batman in the movie till the end
>No Superman in the movie till the end
And that's why this movie is total crap as adaptation.
>>
>>88528206
>No, it isn't. Any good director can do it, and they can likely do it better than Snyder.

Most directors wouldn't even try.
>>
>>88528682
but Batman and Superman were in it, just acting differently than you want. Batman being a villain and not being true to his inner Batman doesnt mean the character isnt there, he is just going through an arc that is different than what you are used to.
>>
>>88528701

If a film lacks a need for such a sequence, why should a director try to make one?
>>
>>88528761
why should director do anything that doesn't meet the barebone needs of the story?
>>
>>88528558
DCAU is perfect example of JL adaptation.
>Awesome Batman origin
>Awesome Superman origin
Ofc, all other characters were putted in just because hey can, but it's okay for animated series.
>>88528593
Why even make conflict between them if this makes them look so shitty? Easy money from the title, ofc
>>88528612
My point is - Supes covering his identity by glasses is common joke and the reasons why comics can't perceived seriosly. Snyderverse positioned itself seriosly while doing this shit.
>>
>>88528761
Because it's cool? And it's one of the things cinema does uniquely well?
>>
>>88528822
>Why even make conflict between them if this makes them look so shitty
but it doesnt make them look shitty, just different than what you want.
>>
>>88528771

Part of it has to do with style. (Snyder loves style, moreso than substance.) Part of it has to do with a film sometimes requiring more than a barebones "theater production" treatment.

Not every film needs the kind of sequence that sits at the beginning as "Sucker Punch". Such a filmmaking device would grow tiresome if it all films made use of it.
>>
>>88528822
>the reasons why comics can't perceived seriosly.
Oh I see, you are a casual, why are you even here?

Also you can't spell for shit, learn English.
>>
>>88528855
I agree, but there is no inherent reason NOT to do it. Asking why someone should do something artist is stupid.
>>
>>88528741
>acting differently than you want.
>acting like angry retards who is being manipulated by twitchy autist
They acted like NO ONE wanted to see except few snyderfags and snyder himself. We could have AT LAST, first proper adaptation of Batman, and, more important, first Batman and Superman interaction on big screen.
>>
>>88528822
>perfect
I don't know, Wonder Woman felt like she just came out of nowhere. Everyone else had good introductions (even the fucking Hawkgirl), but WW felt shoehorned.
>>
>>88528878
>still with the twitchy autist meme
>he doesnt like Golden Age/Hackmen Lex

oh so you're a pleb then. And Batman had the same goal the entire movie, he was just pushed along the path he set out for himself by Lex.

Lex is a master manipulator, thats his thing, i dont get why you have a problem with that suddenly. Would you rather he was in a giant robo suit?
>>
>>88528866
First, I was talking about common people. Second, I bet eng is the only language you know, so fuck off.
>>
>>88528822
they had entire shows to have Batman and Superman origins in you fucking idiot, why would you compare 4 seasons of television to a movie.
>>
>>88528830

"Hey, wouldn't it be cool if, in '300', half the action scenes featured the ramping effect?" "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if Jason Bourne came back for one more film?" "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we made Spider-Man a Snapchat-using EDM freak?"

Doing something for the sake of "coolness" rarely works out in the long run. What may be thought of as "cool" today can become rote and tiresome - "uncool" - in even the briefest spans of time.

Everything done in a movie should serve the story and the characters, not a certain person's idea of "cool".
>>
>>88528935
I dont know anyone who doesn't take comics seriously as a medium. They might not personally read comics, but no one I have ever met as looked down on it as a medium. Stop projecting your insecurities.
And there are plenty of serious comics/stories about Superman where his identity works. Saying it shouldnt work in the Snyderverse is absolutely retarded anon.
>>
>>88528953
Hitchcock broke a lot of conventions of film because he thought it was cool. If someone says something is cool to them it just means they like it and want to do it. There is nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>88528876

>there is no inherent reason NOT to do it

If a movie can benefit from such a sequence, sure. If such a sequence offers no benefit, trying to make it fit into a movie for no reason other than "Wouldn't it be cool if...?" will only harm the movie in the end.
>>
>>88528926
>liking golden age shit
>calls other people plebs
>MAYBE WE NEED BATMAN WITH VIOLET GLOVES AND GUNS TOO? xD MAYBE TOOK SUPERMAN FROM SILVER AGE? MAYBE TOOK WW FROM REBIRTH? LETS MIX THIS SHIT UP, IT WILL WORK FOR SURE
You people can't understand that everything before CoIE is outdated and should be forgotten to adapt.
>>
>>88528989
all art is done because a person thinks it would be "cool" to do so in some sense or another. You just have a very strict definition of what a person means when they say something is cool.
>>
>>88528977

>Hitchcock broke a lot of conventions of film because he thought it was cool.

Hitchcock also knew how to tell a story. His breaking of convention was done in service of a movie's story, not just to achieve an effect for the sake of it.

Look at "The Matrix": the "bullet time" effect was integral to showing Neo's change into "The One". It looked "cool", yes, but it had an actual point and reason to exist in the film.
>>
>>88529039
hahah you idiotic pleb, one of the core components of cape comics is having long continuities with things from the past coming back.

Thats why Shaggy Man is still in Aquaman to this very day.
>>
>>88529039
you are right Superman and Batman should never have survived past the Crisis, outdated forgotten ideas of the Golden Age.
>>
>>88528936
>implying you couldn't make good origins first with solo movies
>implying 3 years to make bvs without that were genious
Retard
>>
>>88528006
Man of Steel at least gave us something to nitpick for three years. BvS just has its head up its ass and almost no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>88529051
sure, im not saying things cant be done poorly, im just saying no one needs a particular reason to do anything in art other than they want to.
>>
>>88529043

>You just have a very strict definition of what a person means when they say something is cool.

"Cool" is an abstract concept. Its very definition depends on who defines it, how they define it, and how their tastes influence that definition.
>>
>>88528963
That's because you're nerd, surrounded by "geeks" and other hipsters. Pathetic society which is too afrad to offend your hobby.
>>
>>88529095
why do you need the origins movie though? I know Batman, everyone knows Batman, we've all seen countless adventures of Batman being Batman, I wanted to see a new take on Batman that still connected to what I knew before, which is what I got. Thats why The Dark Knight Returns was such a hit because it was NEW take on Batman that utilized elements already present. Its why Morrison's ASS was so loved, because it was a NEW take on Superman that used one or two ideas from the Silver Age and a few ideas from the Reeves' movies.

You are literally just mad that they didnt set up their universe how you wanted. You wanted movies/years of set up before this, I didn't because it would be redundant.
>>
>>88529140
thats not even remotely true, one of my roommates throughout college was a jock and the other was a stoner but they didnt give a shit what I read.
>>
>>88529138
I agree with that completely.
>>
>>88529039
Golden Age Superman is the best Superman.
Superman was at his best when he was just a simple character punishing evil-doers, not some uber-boyscout from space.
>>
>>88529075
>Thats why Shaggy Man is still in Aquaman to this very day.
IN COMICS, you retared mong. It work THERE. It wouldn't work in the movie and it doen't as you see from mr. autismo. No one likes this fagggot, only autists just like himself.
>>88529090
Much sarcastic, but, okay, i'll make it clear so even you could understand. They're good because they've developed. And LEX did too. Golden age and silver age versions are outdated. Modern Lex could be PERFECT to adapt. But Hack's wife decided to fuck with the movie. And Hack is scared manlet who let her CHANGE THE FUCKING CHARACTER. Fucking cuck.
>>
>>88529102

>no one needs a particular reason to do anything in art other than they want to

Therein lies the rub, though: If you do something because you think it will come off as "cool", what you do will reek of false intention. To wit, "Batman v Superman" is a film full of "wouldn't it be cool if...?" moments, but nothing beneath that surface vibe comes off as dramatically fulfilling.
>>
>>88529167
We've never seen proper adaptation of Batman on big screen. Would be nice to see it, at least, ONCE. TDKR was hit because character struggles for good stories. Now Batman has tons of better ones. And if TDKR was such a hit, why BvS is such a joke and failure?
>>
>>88529247
it worked fine in the movie, Hackman Lex wasn't the same as the Lex in the comics at the time, in fact he wasn't like any kind of Lex that had ever been in the comics outside of having the same job. Spacey Lex worked too despite not being like the current iteration of Lex.
Golden Age mixed with Hackmen Lex that they used for BvS was fine too, plus he obviously is going to change in the future movies due to him having his hair shaved. He had the long hair while in the golden age so he acts like golden age lex then. He then gets shave down and goes to jail and becomes more stern.
>>
>>88529284
well we are going to have to agree to disagree, I feel like a lot of BvS was very intentional and had a lot of thought put into it plot wise and for me it was very fulfilling.

But I'm not gonna yell at you to enjoy the movie.
>>
>>88529323
>it worked fine in the movie
For you. For few snyderfags maybe. For Snyder's wife it worked perfectly. But that's all. You're minority of autismo fans. This villain is a fucking joke.
>>
>>88529299
BvS wasnt a failure or a joke, it is one of the highest grossing superhero films of all time, but you of course fell for the "NEEDS TO BREAK A BILLION" meme.
>>
>>88529362
outside of the internet, everyone ive talked to enjoyed the movie fine
>>
Hold on. Writer question: how do you know the difference between "wouldn't it be cool to do X" and "it's cool and I'll add it because it contributes"?
It seems like a blurry line to me.
>>
>>88529348

>a lot of BvS was very intentional

A creator can have intent and still make something horrible. Hal P. Warren intended to make a horror film, and he made "Manos: The Hands of Fate" instead.
>>
>>88529429
again, agree to disagree, I thought it was great.
>>
>>88529429
>ntended to make a horror film
Well, he succeeded, since it sucks as much as modern horror movies do..
>>
>>88529364

"Avatar" brought in more money than any other movie in history, and yet it receives no consideration as "one of the best films ever made". Monetary success does not guarantee quality.
>>
>>88529364
>Movie about two iconic superhero, one of them solo made bil in the fucking 2008
>title is literally ticketbait
>capeshit is hyper than ever
>the most anticipated movie of 2016
>top records of pre-orders
>Not even fucking 900 mil
>lost to ciwil skirmish
>lost to FUCKING LIFE OF PETS
>lost to few disney flicks
Ofc, it was profitable. But it's definition of wasted potential.
>>88529384
outside of the internet. everyone I've talked were bored by this movie or hated. So? We can proof only internet reaction.
>Lowest audience scores among ANY modern capeshit on literally every big movie site. Except SS now
>Normies remember only MARTHA
>LITERALLY EVERY DC/BATMAN RELEATED COMMENT SECTION IS RUINED BY RETARDS WITH THAT UNFUNNY JOKE
Thx, Snyder. Fucking Faggot.
>>
>>88528548
and since he's killed he can never be Batman again.
>>
>>88529622
So, Nolan Batman never was Batman?

It's really childish
>>
>>88529506
and Citizen Kane and 2001 were panned when they came out, while Ghost Busters (2016) was praised, initial critical response isn't a guaranetee of quality either.
>>
>>88529685
Well, BvS failed to please literally everyone except snyderfags. Normies, cuckritics, comics fans everyone think it's from meh to garbage.
>>
>>88529685

Time can make fools of us all. That said, initial critical response gets it right more often than not. The most recent "Fantastic Four" movie received a critical panning upon release, and most filmgoers agreed with the negative sentiment.
>>
>>88529747
I can swear by Snyder's soul that BvS will stay as a first and failed Batman's and Superman appearence on big screen
>>
>>88529622
by that logic comics Batman cant be Batman because he killed KGBeast (pre-retcon because it was a stupid retcon).
>>
>>88520456
Don't listen to anybody. If you thought it was great, then good. I thought it was the best comic film we have right now. I thoroughly enjoyed it so much, that I have seen it 9 times already. Looking forward to the 10th run-through this week, and will probably still learn something new.
Thread posts: 565
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.