[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is she ever going to get a good writer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: d679qfd.jpg (240KB, 612x722px) Image search: [Google]
d679qfd.jpg
240KB, 612x722px
Is she ever going to get a good writer?
>>
No.
>>
>>88511635
Yes, but two things need to happen. Editorial needs to forget she exists and then give her to fresh talent. This is how we got DnA's Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
>>88511805
Well, they're giving her to someone who's only done, as far as I know, a 10 page back up (that was the lead-in to a prose novel by the same author):
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/captain-marvel-comic-being-relaunched-909345

But you can see the Editorial Mandate on this thing from fucking ORBIT.
>>
>>88511635
>keeps being written as an anti-hero or even near-villain
>tfw it'll have to take the Captain Marvel movie to show how she's supposed to be written
Gonna be a long wait
>>
Truth is that the movie is probably her only hope right now.
>>
The problem is they're too all-in on her at the moment. The competing takes on her and the need to have her BIGGER and BETTER and MORE MARKETABLE than ever must be a fucking nightmare.

Nobody seems to have a clear take on CM and even if they did it would be muscled out by the next run (which would be, what, 6 issues discounting events?). The decision of Marvel to let Bendis run a number on her through Civil War 2 shows nobody making decisions has any consideration for what would be good or bad with her. My guess is they just keep slathering on the YASS SLAY like KSD started and hope it sticks to a sizeable enough crowd to sell to. Which the movie may help with, sure.

HULK and (finally!) the Gamora series - I almost said ongoing but this is Marvel in 2016 we're talking about - look a lot more promising as female-led solo books at the moment.
>>
>>88511635
Butters/Fazekas/the Gages were good. It's just that they had to go and ruin a good thing.
>>
>>88512460
Bah, Bendis will write her when the movie comes.
>>
>>88511635
Is she ever going to stick her tongue in Jessica's butt?
>>
>>88511635
Whoever did those issues in space with art by Anka was good.
>>
>>88511635
They left her symbol off of the holiday card. I think they'll drop her until the MCU reboots her character.
>>
>>88512526
Gamora's got me kinda worried. I mean, if it's good it's good and continuity errors won't matter. But the fact that Perlman is already talking about Nebula and Gamora being sisters is somewhat off-putting to me.
>>
>>88513209
Nope, it's already been said she has a central role in the next major crossover.
>>
>>88512831
No... no... NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>88511635
She's Donna Troy levels of character rekt, only her Wonder Woman (Mar-vell) is Uncle Ben dead.
>>
>>88511635
>Is she ever going to get a good writer?
YAASS!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.