[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So in universe, why do people in DC books not deal with every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

So in universe, why do people in DC books not deal with every major problem by calling Superman?

I get editorial-wise you can't really be calling Superman over in a Teen Titans book, but if the Titans are dealing with a major threat with loss of life guaranteed to happen, why don't they just call big blue? How many times has shit gone down in books where Superman could have saved the day?
>>
>>88510752
Not everyone has a watch like yours, Jimmy.
>>
>>88510752
Superman has his own shit to deal with.
>>
>>88510785
fpbp

But seriously, Superman is a person, not an item. He has his own life and shit to deal with. If the world is ACTUALLY looking like it's going to end he'll be there anyway.
>>
File: supermanbatmanswitch17.jpg (261KB, 702x1119px) Image search: [Google]
supermanbatmanswitch17.jpg
261KB, 702x1119px
Because he's weak, unlike Batman.
>>
File: supermanbatmanswitch20.jpg (273KB, 710x1132px) Image search: [Google]
supermanbatmanswitch20.jpg
273KB, 710x1132px
>>
>>88511992
>>88512013

If you're being serious, you misunderstand the premise of what is a very good story in a collection that, at least for the first six or so arcs, was a really great run.

Superman understands he needs to be, as Bruce himself once said (from that same said run): ""It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him."

Bruce isn't willing to allow himself the capacity to embrace being as fully human as he could and should be.

You may call that strength. I'd say that's Batman's weakness.
>>
>>88514359
But is Clark allowing himself time to "be human" in lieu of helping people in need?

The very first Astro City story examined this problem with its Superman pastiche, although keeping his personality firmly grounded in humanity.
>>
>>88510752
Do you get your dad to solve every little problem you have?
>>
>>88510752
a) because superman won't be around forever and many people want to prove that the world will go on even without big bro supes acting as a safety net
b) because superman is not immune to stress or going insane. if he worked round the clock solving everything he would burn out exponentially faster resulting in the total number of lives saved during his superhero career being much much less that if he paces himself and takes care of his own needs on the regular
>>
>>88511992
>>88512013
Isn't this from the story in which Batman gains Superman's powers and goes full crazy dictator with them?
>>
>>88514571
Did he ever need those powers for that?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.