[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kubo and the Two Strings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6743.jpg (286KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6743.jpg
286KB, 1920x1080px
ITT: Underappreciated masterpieces.
>>
visuals were top notch, story was clichéd as fuck
>>
Remember when Kubo defeated the main villain by giving him Alzheimer's?
>>
File: mirrormask2.jpg (153KB, 1024x768px)
mirrormask2.jpg
153KB, 1024x768px
>>88500611
>a challenger enters

But yeah, Kubo is a masterpiece as well
>>
>>88500793
The story was like watching other people play D&D
>>
>ITT: Overrated shit
FTFY
>>
>>88502189
Why's that?
>>
>>88502261
Kubo: Bard
Monkey: Rogue
Beetle: paladin

Whole plot is a QUEST for magic mcguffins that ends in a boss fight
>>
>>88504431
It's a fucking fantasy quest story. you could just as well say it's a rip off of Gilgemesh.
>>
>>88502189
Hey, nothing wrong with that. The best D&D stories make the best movies sometimes because it's a perfect combination of
a)Fictional shit you'd never actually get to do (magic/science)
b) actual people doing actual things individually, rather than every character working along one man's thought process of good, evil, right, wrong, sensiblilities and philosophy.
>>
>>88500793
I liked the fact his parents didn't magically come back to life like a fucking Disney movie--added some actual fucking weight to the story.

Everything was perfect in this movie
>Sister were both cool and scary at the same time
>The grandfather was outright evil looking, but you could tell something was ominous about him in Kubo's dream

About the only thing I didn't like was the fact the the relics did literally nothing and Kubo was able to defeat his grandfather with his tsugaru anyways
>>
>>88500611
It was alright but I do kind of wish that his mother died at the start and that monkey was a completely separate character. Just a guardian totem type deal like we were lead to believe in the beginning. They could have kept beetle being his father though.
>>
>>88504965
I dunno
From a logical standpoint, a guardian or magical entity has no emotional ties when it's created.

They would have had to written the whole story over again, nor would their be any closure for Kubo who only saw his mom for a small fraction of the day, when she was otherwise comatose.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.