[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adventure Time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3

Just finished the Lemon Hope episodes and FUCK did that get depressing REALLY fast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY8htQ2QBnM
>>
Didn't everybody hate that episode?
>>
honestly PB's plans regarding the Lemon people were really dumb, especially since Lemongrab Black going Best Korea happened after Rattleballs entered her service again, she could have resolved the whole mess in minutes just by having him neutralize Lemongrab(doesn't even necessarily have to be lethal), indeed there's like a dozen times between Rattleballs debut episode and the end of this last season where he would have been incredibly useful and they didn't even bother with coming up with excuses not to bring him out, and when they finally do they kill him off(or at least crippled him) in an incredibly anticlimactic manner

>>88500828
less that we hated Lemonhope himself(and the song itself is admittedly beautiful), and more that everything surrounding those episodes was artificial as hell in nature, even by cartoon standards
>>
They were fucking lame. It was the AT staff jerking themselves off by making """"art"""". They sucked just like every other artsy bullshit episode.
>>
>>88501332
Would you think less of me if I said I teared up a bit at the song?
>>
>>88501364
not at all, it's probably one of the most emotional songs in the series, along with I Remember You and Susan Strong(the song Finn sings to Susan in her first episode)
>>
That thing on his chest looks like a penis.
>>
>>88501332
What do you mean by artificial?
>>
>>88499235
>depressing
people use that term too loosely nowadays.
>>
>>88499235
Ugh, the worst thing is it made both fucking PB and Lemongrab slightly sympathetic by shifting the ultimate blame to... well Lemon Kingdom was always going to end up fucked anyways. I guess that's the message the producers went for. But this episode made Lemonhope to Lemonpussy and just nerfed that story arc. It really made me mad that Finn and PB gave up so easily too but they've been fucking derailed so many times before too.
>>
>>88502114
Not him, but that era of Adventure Time was infamous for the storyboarders all being at war with each other. Everyone was trying to get their ideas into the show while writing everyone else's out. I remember whoever was behind "Betty" bitching about how their episode deserved the half-hour treatment more than Lemonhope.

It was a clusterfuck. That's also why the show keeps flip-flopping on Finn and Bubblegum. A few of the writers were doing their damnest to kill that stuff once and for all, while others kept bringing it back to status quo.
>>
>>88501357
It was just a Hero's Journey played straight, dude.
>>
>>88501332
Yeah Rattleballs with Finn/Jake should've been enough to overcoup Lemongrab without much violence. I can understand PB's reluctance to send anyone (heck Cinnybun and Pep Buttler could overthrow too) since it could go sideways but Rattleballs was always solid enough. She programmed them to be.
>>
>>88502345
Well that explains what's a lot wrong with AT in later seasons then.
>>
>>88499235
LH was a shit character and Justin Roiland's nasally pitch should be considered torture under the Geneva Conventions
>>
>>88499235
Is the Candy Kingdom still destined to be abandoned?
>>
These episodes were not without their flaw but I liked them well enough. Lemonhope was a cunt but he was somewhat interesting in how he dealt with his owe to the lemon people, liked how he did the right thing for entirely selfish reasons and walked right out after. A guy unapologetically out for himself.

Plus really neat ending, him being content to lie down and die was pretty powerful.
>>
>>88502345
>Finn and Bubblegum. A few of the writers were doing their damnest to kill that stuff once and for all, while others kept bringing it back to status quo.
I still feel as if there needs to be a resolution between the two. Maybe PB gaining respect for Finn after he defies her orders? Him remaining a servant who never questions her will for all his life seems...wrong.

>>88502863
From Graybles 1000+ it seems so. Someone's gotta be in that Prize Gumball Guardian with all the candy people in it. It might just as well be PB.
>>
>>88499235
>depressing
The word you are looking for is retarded
>>
>>88503236
PB and Finn are weird because I think the writers feel that now they're on an equal level and there isn't any awkwardness left between them but it doesn't feel that way.

I still get the impression that PB doesn't respect him all that much, like when she gave him that hilariously backhanded compliment in the episode where he had the magic eyes. And if she doesn't respect him now when he's matured like the most his character probably will then she never will.
>>
>>88501357
You can make that argument for several AT episodes. This is not one of them.
>>
>>88503725
AT staffer pls
>>
Lemonhope is THE single worst character. I hate him. Such a little ungrateful shit of a thing. Wipe him out.

MORE Finn and Jake and LESS fucking literally whos
>>
File: PB don't look.gif (3MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
PB don't look.gif
3MB, 371x209px
>>88503525
>like when she gave him that hilariously backhanded compliment in the episode where he had the magic eyes
I got that impression too! Throughout all he's been through for her, I thought she'd give some sort of mini speech from the heart about what good of a friend he was like Jake. It obviously didn't do much for him since she didn't even change him from being Martin with her words. I hope they aren't gonna brush that off there's obviously still tension and stuff that needs to be resolved between them.

I swear if they're making their relationship seem strained and nonexistant just to push bubbline like they didn't have Marcy interact with Finn on a meaningful level i'll scream
>>
>>88504351
The final episode will confirm Bubbline. Finn and Jake won't even show up in that episode!
>>
>>88504351
I can't see it, the writers love shilling their Bubbline but I don't think they're evil enough to torpedo Finn's relationship with his friends to do it. Likely incompetence moreso than malice, they're trying to have Finn be friends with the ladies but doing a poor job at it. Also apparently he and Marceline are literally never allowed to have genuine one-on-one interaction again because of some reason.

That part in the episode was pretty damn deliberate, so it gives me some belief that they're depicting Finn and PB as strained, but they've dropped more important things before so I'm not holding my breath to see it explored.
>>
>>88500828
people mostly hated it because it was a 2 parter while the war was a single, poorly paced episode
>>
>>88504752
Which war?
>>
>>88504788
The hilariously flaccid one in Something Big, Maja and the tree guy attacking the Candy Kingdom.
>>
>>88504788
Something Big
>>
>>88504874
Oh, right. Christ that episode was terrible.
>>
>>88504983
Yep.
Still not sure what was going through the staff's minds when they made it about the psychic elephant dealing with identity issues half way through. Because that's what the audience wanted to see happen in that episode right?
>>
>>88505066
Also killing off a fairly well liked character entirely off screen for no apparent reason.
>>
>>88505094
And then brang him back the next season.

>>88504550
>I can't see it, the writers love shilling their Bubbline but I don't think they're evil enough to torpedo Finn's relationship with his friends to do it.
They'll have him latch onto Jake and BMO for the rest of his life. Such a shame.

>they're trying to have Finn be friends with the ladies but doing a poor job at it.
Pajama War was a nice episode, but Bun Bun and the Stakes miniseries just seemed meh in terms of development in relationships. Sure, things are patched up, but there's still many visible cracks in the wall, so to say.

>Also apparently he and Marceline are literally never allowed to have genuine one-on-one interaction again because of some reason.
Again, i'm having thought's that it's because of Bubbline. I'm fucking sure someone must've had an idea of the two of them jerking around Ooo there's so much potential there, but it seems like, they just skipped over it all.

>That part in the episode was pretty damn deliberate, so it gives me some belief that they're depicting Finn and PB as strained, but they've dropped more important things before so I'm not holding my breath to see it explored.
Just like that hand/shoulder scene in Ep2 of Stakes. Deliberate shit to show there's either strain still in the relationship, or doing their best to push forward their carcass of a ship while at the same time, messing up the flow he has with other girls.

Not that he hasn't had good women interactions as of late (Canyon, Huntress Wizard, etc.) but when it comes to the main 3? ppppfttttttttt!
>>
>>
>>88504351
why is pb a boy am i missing something
>>
>>88507201
Finn is clearly a latent homosexual and projects his feelings onto PB
>>
>>88507201
Episode is "Don't Look" by the way. When Finn looks at a character, his eyes turn them into what he thinks of them on the surface at the time, and can change depending on what they say to him.

At the moment, he saw PB as one of his friends without the princess getup, but if she would've said something mean or lewd to him, her body would change depending on how he'd take it.
>>
>>88500828
I remember people were annoyed because, at the time (I don't know if this is still the case or not), only one two-parter was allowed per season, and rather than wait for the next season, they decided to make Betty a single episode, which led to it feeling rushed and less satisfying than it could have been.
>>
>>88508923
>>88499235
Speaking of Betty, do you think Lena Dunham openly loathes Jeremy Shada and Finn? I mean, if you've followed her for a bit her mindset would seem to not bold well for him if they ever interacted in person.
>>
>>88508960
I don't know much about either of them. What makes you think she'd dislike him?
>>
>>88499235
Good you actually appreciated the episode. Most complained about it.
>>
>>88501332
>and more that everything surrounding those episodes was artificial as hell in nature, even by cartoon standards
That is not true.
>>
>>88506789
It sucks that she will never get an episode because the staff don't like her.
>>
>>88509290
because it was a fucking retarded story arc
waste of time to watch it at all
>>
How's FP doing these days?
>>
>>88509948
Rapping.
>>
>>88509948
What was the last episode with her you saw?
>>
>>88509280
If you've followed the presidential race like I do you'd know she came outta the tumblr SJW closet literally (no I'm not kidding at all)

In the beginning of the vid, the voice is hers but then gets narrated by her father. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcAmdHqUsxg
>>
>>88499235
I dug the biblical allusions and the parellels made between the story and the book of Jonah
>>
>>88502228
But in the future the Candy Kingdom (City) is abandoned just like the lemon kingdom.
>>
>>88502345
>Betty

Whoever keeps pushing that shit needs to be kicked off the show.
>>
>>88499235
Congrats now the show gets worse
>>
>>88500828
We can't have someone being a better hero than Finn white knights hated it
If you ask me it was the last cool thing the show did
>>
Lemonhope is the best character and these are the best episodes
>>
>>88504351
Adventure Time writers are the most cucked people in the world, they can't even complaint about artistic vision since they didn't come up with a single characters and are simply backup to keep the ball rolling after the creator left
>>
>>88504550
Final episode has Marceline and bubblegum shake hands and two months later a writer confirms on Twitter it was their secret lesbian handshake confirmed
>>
>>88511045
even the majority of tumblr hates her
>>
>>88505066
If you can't write a satisfying conclusion just do a callback, usual nuadventure time tactic
>>
>>88512033
Well, at least can see what the tribe of humans is like.
>>
>>88505094
That was a weird one

>Root Beer Guy becomes Captain of the Banana Guards
>he's not allowed to make them competent because it would change things too much
>voice actor doesn't want people to think of Root Beer Guy as a failure and asks for him to be killed off
>he comes back as Dirt Beer Guy and is a civilian again for all we know
>>
>>88512268
Would be great if DBG just brutally killed people on accident. I know CN would never allow it but I can day dream.
>>
any one know where to dl the new gn for islands that was out on the 30th?
>>
>>88512192
Do they? I haven't seen any opposition to her at all there
>>
>>88514532

You see what you look for on tumblr. Go there for art and you'll only encounter artist blogs, go there to be mad at sjws and you'll find sjws, go there to find more reasonable blogs and you'll find reasonable blogs.
>>
>>88509900
> because the staff don't like her.
Really? She at least got a minicomic, but I didn't think she'd be disliked.
>>
>>88509900
>>88515320
I don't think they dislike her, they just don't have any interest in giving her a prominent role in an episode. They see her as a background character like Space Angel Princess and Elbow Princess.
>>
>>88499235
this characters story really moves me and somehow i can identify myself to it and it is sad, i was crying when i was heareng that song in the ending, i stopped watching the show after that
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.