[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did cartoon network get away with this show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: you're not perfect.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
you're not perfect.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
Like I'm re watching this and there is literally so much crazy shit

>Domestic Abuse
>Animal Abuse
>implied rape
>lesbians
>Creepy ass animation
>murder
>Kidnapping
>Cannibalism
>>
>>88498791
Because cartoons used to be based pre-2009. I don't know what happened, but does anyone else feel like when 2009 hit media and entertainment when to the shitter?
>>
>>88498791
lesbians what episode?
>>
>>88499149
The Mask
>>
>>88499149
the cat and the bunny
>>
File: comeonnow.png (443KB, 448x472px) Image search: [Google]
comeonnow.png
443KB, 448x472px
>>88499186
>>88499192
but they said they were besties
>>
File: cat.gif (922KB, 245x184px)
cat.gif
922KB, 245x184px
>>88499292
nah man they gay as fuck
that "best friends" thing is just an innuendo to throw off the religion police
Cat is obviously dom
>>
>>88499292
They're sisters in spirit.
>>
>>88498791
So, was the creepy blue trumpet fetus actually relevant to the plot?
>>
>>88500035
no they just randomly put that shit in there cuz they felt like disturbing some kids.
>>
>>88498975
I think there may have been a culture shift regarding how cartoons were watched as well.
During the years of season 1-3 Spongebob (perhaps before, perhaps after) parents would often watch cartoons with their children. So some adult humor and themes were included to keep things interesting for the parents.
Post 2009 I guess parents just stopped watching cartoons?
Might have had something to do with social media or cellphone/laptop advancements
>>
File: VzlGqIi.gif (3MB, 421x321px)
VzlGqIi.gif
3MB, 421x321px
>>88498791
idk but I wish they would include more that kind of thing again

maybe its cyclical and will come around again one day
>>
>>88500593
GFC, parents are working and more importantly, networks a losing money, so less shows which cannot court controversy, less they become losses.
>>
>>88501307
Not when the internet allows the stupid to comment and different stupid people to spread it.
>>
>>88502664
that makes a lot more sense actually
Good thinking
>>
>>88498791
because it was played off as slapstick with monsters
it was a show to scare kids and the best way to do that is with implications
in fact its more effective that way considering how the older you get the more unsettling it is when you realize what its really about
>>
>>88500593
Butch Hartman actually talked about it when asked about his time on Johnny Bravo and he says that CN was a fairly new network at the time so the censors just weren't as on top of them as much because they weren't in many households.

It's kind of like how Dan Vs could get away with a lot cause who the fuck was watching The Hub? Or how DisneyXD gets away with a lot right now, especially with shit like Pickle and Peanut which has a lot of adult jokes, cause ain't no one watching Pickle and Peanut.
>>
>>88500593
>>88502664
I think the guerrilla marketing for the ATHF movie caused Cartoon Network a lot of trouble, too.
>>
It was the 90s, man.
>>
>>88498791
Because CN used to be open to new, risky ideas and trusted that childeren could handle more than most people think and that they could and should appreciate real art/entertainment instead of things made purely to target a demographic for $$$.
hell, I remember dexters lab had dexter fantasizing about receiving a nobel prize from a well endowed and almost naked woman while receiving a thank you from god himself over the phone.
The episodes of courage with that NAUGHTY guy who shaves courage still creep me out.
>>
I left television 7 years ago when I moved out. I am just starting to watch the newest stuff and the jokes and death in Star Vs. would have never been seen on Disney Channel back when I watched it as a kid. Kim Possible at worst for violence. Also from the one episode of Gravity Falls I saw where they play DnD, that whole thing felt like it was meant for adults. Maybe Nick and CN have dropped in quality but it is nice to see Disney pick up the slack..... for once
>>
>>88498975

I disagree completely. 2005-2009, ESPECIALLY for cartoons was dogshit. It wasn't great for most media all around. If anything, 2010 on has produced a larger amount of things I enjoy.
>>
File: CN_Real_Logo.png (39KB, 400x97px)
CN_Real_Logo.png
39KB, 400x97px
>>88509327
THIS
nobody wants to live through this again
>>
>>88509375
Oh fuck me, I remember that. I still haven't stopped hating Louis CK
>>
File: Thats a complicated question.png (235KB, 489x279px) Image search: [Google]
Thats a complicated question.png
235KB, 489x279px
>>88498975

9+2=11
9+ = 11

We need to go deeper! We don't actually.
>>
File: 1464636587438.jpg (15KB, 350x384px) Image search: [Google]
1464636587438.jpg
15KB, 350x384px
>implied rape
Wait, what?
>>
People weren't as sensitive or vocal as now. Now thanks to the internet, as soon as something "socially unacceptable" happens, people scream to the sky about how offensive and triggering it is.

That and networks stopped taking risks when it comes to cartoons, which is a damn shame, as golden era CN could be watched by people of all ages. Now it seems they have no idea who are they marketing for as kids lose interest fast with their new shows while having nothing as appealing as they used to in the past that would let adults get hooked to them.

CN just won't take risks anymore, and that is why, to this day, I'm still angry they cancelled Symbiotic Titan while now they're marketing nu-PPG like people care about that hideous remake.

>>88509292
Disney Channel surprisingly has had from decent to very good cartoons considering the horrible sitcoms they shit out every month, unlike Disney XD which only shows low quality Marvel cartoons and Cal Arts crap like Future Worm.
>>
File: IMG_0031.jpg (98KB, 640x802px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0031.jpg
98KB, 640x802px
>>88499486
>all gays have to be in a dom/sub relationship
>>
>>88498791
Cartoons started to become 'deep' and everything has some epic meaning that is always given an explanation later on at some point sort of ruining the mystery behind it.

Courage and other older cartoons just had weird one off episodes that just made you go 'wtf was that' or 'hmmm rly makes you think'
>>
>>88509327
Nah it was good until the ATHF bullshit. Things dipped off after TT and JLU aired their final seasons
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.