[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel' Spider-Man (Disney XD) (2017)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: 11.jpg (351KB, 1676x1330px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
351KB, 1676x1330px
Found some promo art http://imgur.com/a/paG0a

Looks like Marvel Animation's crew didn't learn from all the mistakes made on USM... dragging Spider-Gwen and Morales into the new series feels like such a stupid thing to do... screw that cross-promotion/forced synergy bs!
>>
>>88488633
They probably keep miles because he's selling merch. I see his shit in Walmart
>>
So since this is a new incarnation, does this mean Miles and Spider-Gwen are native to this Pete's reality? Because inter-dimensional travel doesn't seem like a good place to start for any new show, at least not if it isn't the main concept.
>>
At least Venom looks cool.
>>
Unfortunately, yes. Too bad that we just can't get back to a good, old-fashioned storytelling of the 90's Marvel animation, or even Spectacular. Something that combines the essence of the old stories (not just in terms of character development and storyline progression, but visually as well: Semper's TAS and TSSM were badass because they paid a great homage to classic Spidey stories and changed a few things here and there, but all for the betterment of their cast) and mixes it with new elements that are not a product of the iPhone/iPad-generation of viewers or Tumblr readers of Marvel Comics (hello Bendis with his forced Morales hype, and Marvel with their "House of NO NEW IDEAS" approach to Spider-Gwen... never thought that they would sink that low).
>>
>>88488633
I wonder if Donald Glover is going to return to voice Miles?
>>
File: 130221984383.jpg (45KB, 600x578px) Image search: [Google]
130221984383.jpg
45KB, 600x578px
>>88489249
>Spider-Gwen with boob pockets

hold on what multiverse are we in

did I just jump into a different earth
>>
>>88489397
what if Donald Glover voiced Peter Parker and Drake Bell voiced Gwen
>>
>>88488633
It's because this is what normies get off to. The whole "this is Spider-man but with a cool different costume and a different personality." No one cares about the character, it's that beautiful costume swap.

Like the Flash, there's so many fucking speedsters on the show now because of the same reason. "It's the Flash but a different personality and a cool different costume."
>>
Indeed. But you never know with which host they are going to go, now that they have plenty of options at their disposal... Makes you wonder if Brock is a given or not?
>>
>>88489527
This is how sidekicks work too. It's about identification. You like the hero, but there's so many different versions of the hero so that you'll be able to identify with at least ONE.

Look at the fucking gigantic Batfamliy. Everyone is literally just Batman with a different costume and a different personality. But everyone has their favorite based on who they identify with more. except Tim, no one really likes him
>>
>series hasn't even aired its first episode
>Miles and Gwen already confirmed

I can't think of a single thing they've revealed about this show that's made me eager to see it.
>>
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

Harder than before.
>>
>>88489397
He only voiced him once on USM, so no.
>>
File: Eqeljeh.jpg (190KB, 940x936px) Image search: [Google]
Eqeljeh.jpg
190KB, 940x936px
This is the same model they used for USM but shorter.
>>
>>88489382

The 90's Spider-man wasn't good
>>
>>88491184
He voiced him more than once.
>>
>>88492081
Okay, then. Twice. You sure showed me.

He was replaced by another voice actor when he became a regular character in the following season.
>>
>>88488633
Lest you all forget: Slott is heavily involved and they'll be drawing on HIS comics for inspiration.

Hope you like Cindy Moon and Clayton Cole.
>>
>>88488633

>Web Sleeves are back

Its already better than Ult. Spider-Man
>>
>>88492013
It had an excellent OST
>>
is the new series related to USM?

USM never stopped being trash, right?
>>
>>88493208
No, it's brand new.

It smelled less, but it was still trash.
>>
>>88489605
dont disparage best boy
>>88491950
head shape is a bit different. less round
>>88492013
>TAS wasn't good
i've not seen a level of wrong this strong in a while
>>88493455
ahh, to be expected.

i really hated USM

why are they rebooting though? i thought USM tied into the other marvel series?
>>
>>88493524
Movie synergy featuring Dan Slott.
>>
>>88493797
>>88492202
>slott

time to commit suicide

Spider-man is going to be trash forever isn't he?
fuck
>>
>>88492013
90s Spider Man was an okay superhero cartoon and an excellent horror cartoon.
>>
>>88492202
>and they'll be drawing on HIS comics for inspiration

So they'll be doing Spider-Verse again?
>>
So we'll never get a good Spider-Man cartoon like TAS or Spectacular again?
>>
>>88494065
Vampires would legitimately be more scary with hand leaches, not even being ironic.
>>
>>88494344
But anon! What about Miles! You like Miles, right? Everybody likes Miles!
>>
>>88488633
>green drool Venom
dropped
>>
>>88494195
Miles and Gwen will get their powers from Spider-Island
>>
>>88488633
>Spider-Gwen
>Miles
It's shit right out the gate.
>>
>>88494646
i like Miles, and I'd love for him to have his own show, but Miles REALLY doesn't work with Peter around, or at least it has yet to work.
Hell, even if they were in different cities it'd work better.

Just give me a spider-family anthology series with everyone in a different timeline
easy peasy

are their any spider-people with time travel or time related abilities? Closest is miguel but only because he's from the future.
Get a spider-dimension hopper.
>>
>>88494949
>Just give me a spider-family anthology series with everyone in a different timeline

How would that work? Would it focus on a different Spider-Person each episode?
>>
File: 1481776394572.png (50KB, 423x485px) Image search: [Google]
1481776394572.png
50KB, 423x485px
>Slott is involved
I don't even care anymore.
>>
So its a Pete/Miles/Gwen show
>>
>>88495131
yeah
give each character a 1-5 episode arc or something
then you alternate.
have the designated dimension hopper character pop up periodically to tie the different characters together.
easy
>>
>>88494949
Miles would work better if Peter had a family and was retired. Miles's personality is basically a straight man to whatever wackiness is going on and those types of characters usually make good mentors.
>>
File: 1419917349566.jpg (13KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
1419917349566.jpg
13KB, 242x208px
Which season of Spectacular would he have reached now?
You think we'd have reached those direct to dvd movies Weisman spoke about.
>>
>>88494712
You better be meming me son, you better be
>>
File: mUSM_6.jpg (84KB, 960x580px) Image search: [Google]
mUSM_6.jpg
84KB, 960x580px
>>88488633
They're from this site
http://fracturedpixels.net/portfolio/marvels-spider-man-style-guide/

Same company has another page of spidey art
http://fracturedpixels.net/portfolio/ultimate-spider-man-style-guide/
but say
>Marvel Entertainment contacted us requesting creative support for the development of their “Ultimate Spider-Man” style guide.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.