[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what was the consensus on the new Transformers ongoings? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: TF00.jpg (89KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
TF00.jpg
89KB, 630x420px
So what was the consensus on the new Transformers ongoings? I finally got around to reading them last night.

I think Optimus Prime was pretty solid. Had to get a lot done, and got a bit bogged down by doing the flashback thing and introducing all the new "literally who" characters. Zama's art is distinct and fantastic, but it's hard to tell bots apart with all the heavy shading and extreme angles she uses, especially considering a lot of these bots are new. It didn't hurt the story too much, though. I wonder if the flashback stuff is going to be a staple, because it really kind of hurts the flow of things, and I don't really find it very compelling, because we already know the endgame of pre-war Cybertron. It's been explored quite extensively already.

Lost Light was a bit disappointing. Roberts was excessively Roberts-esque for most of the issue. I'm usually charmed by his "style" but this time even I was rolling my eyes at it. Maybe once the plot actually starts to solidify, he won't feel the need to support the story as much with his trademark banter. Some of his jokes still hit the mark, though. The whole alternate functionalist universe thing looks to be a lot of fun. Unfortunately the art was pretty weak. Milne's loss is sad one, because his art typically lent a feeling of refinement and legitimacy to what might otherwise be a silly story about toy robots. The contrast was great. Now it almost looks like a kid's comic where they just grabbed a random artist and told him to draw Transformers

All in all, I'm looking forward to see what both series do.
>>
>>88486637
Better than the stupid revolution crossovers.

They are okay for 1st issues, really just continuations of the previous MTMTE and RID books, with both their pros and faults.
>>
I'm not picking up Optimus, because it's still stuck on Earth and Optimus, Soundwave and Thundercracker are pretty much the only characters I care about. Pity, since the art looked great.

Lost Light didn't really improve from MTMTE. The art took a nosedive and the new characters are just as quirky and wisecracking as the previous ones. I'll give it a few issues to see where the plot with the functionalist universe goes.
>>
They literally felt like the 58th issues of RiD and MTMTE. Which is the best you can ask for, I guess.
>>
>>88486637
Functionist world fuck yeeeeeeaaaah.

Also some people are saying Milne is gone. Some say he's on a break. I need source.
>>
I liked them both, though I've clearly missed a few things.

Don't forget to look 'Till All Are One. Hasn't come out yet this month, but it's still an ongoing.

>>88486847

That's because they pretty much are. The new comic names are pretty much just to improve sales, since a #1 always sells better than #2 or #590.
>>
>>88486871
Someone on his Twitter asked what he was doing next, and he said "Nothing.", which is really sad. There was a rumor that he didn't even know he was off the team until the solicit for Lost Light #1 hit.

>>88486926
>Don't forget to look 'Till All Are One.
Meh. I read the first couple of issues of that when it launched and was unimpressed. Sucks, because some of my favorite characters are in that book, but whatevs. Besides, I've been buying the hardcovers when they come out, and I'm sure TAAO will get bundled in with those.
>>
File: 2017alex.png (79KB, 633x529px) Image search: [Google]
2017alex.png
79KB, 633x529px
>>88486637
>Milne's loss is sad one
Why do people have a habit of making the worse of things. Nothing has been stated yet.

Also, the new art did make it feel weak, but I am enjoying the idea of a new messed up world.

Optimus Prime issue also felt weak but I'm hoping the Junkions will make things entertaining.

>>88487048

He finds it weird people are talking about as if he's been booted.
>>
>>88487078
>Why do people have a habit of making the worse of things. Nothing has been stated yet.
Because he said he's doing "nothing" next. The fact that he was essentially replaced without his knowledge is definitely something to be sad about. Kind of shitty treatment.

And regardless, the loss of him is a sad one. He is, de facto, no longer the main artist on a book. And that sucks. I don't think that's "making the worse of things".
>>
>>88487192
Both issues got two different artists and I think 9 different variation covers. I think they just wanted to mix things up and didn't mind telling him. I don't think they realized he WANTED to do LL #1.
>>
File: salesm.png (32KB, 596x187px) Image search: [Google]
salesm.png
32KB, 596x187px
>>88487272
Pretty much.
>>
>>88487078
I couldn't even tell it wasn't Milne.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.