[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel falling sales

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: now.jpg (224KB, 1012x786px) Image search: [Google]
now.jpg
224KB, 1012x786px
Captain Marvel

Guardians of the Galaxy

Ms. Marvel

Spider-Gwen

Their sales are shit now. What happened?
>>
>>88485658
What were the supposed shit figures?
>>
File: you gonna get it.jpg (208KB, 1200x654px) Image search: [Google]
you gonna get it.jpg
208KB, 1200x654px
>>88485658

>Their sales are shit now. What happened?

not enough love.
>>
>>88485658
They forced sales tactics to the point of diminishing returns and deliberately alienated consumers believing most said consumers would never truly leave and that new buyers would follow as well.

To be fair being pieces of shit worked well for them far longer than it should have, it was only natural they'd think that was just how their business worked.
>>
File: Comicsales.png (56KB, 703x651px) Image search: [Google]
Comicsales.png
56KB, 703x651px
>>88485801
Here's some.
>>
>>88485827

>Kamala and Gwenpool available
>Miles chooses Spider-Gwen

Shameful display.
>>
>>88485827
kamala a shit
>>
>>88485898

why choose when he simply can take them all?
>>
>>88485922
Because even if he is Spider-Man, he's no Peter Parker
>>
>>88485658
Hopefully Miles is next.
>>
>>88485658
So what're they gonna do? They can't go like this forever.
>>
>>88486150

Peter is the boss level guy who goes for the major female characters, Miles was made to take the crumbs and the ones rejected by Peter.
>>
>>88486268
Sure they can. As long as Marvel Studios keeps raking in the cash, Disney will keep the comics division afloat for appearance sake.
>>
Why does everyone care about their sales numbers? You don't work for them. Why does it matter?
>>
>>88485658
>Captain Marvel
Constant relaunches alienating a fragile fanbase
>Guardians of the Galaxy
Earth
>Ms. Marvel
Relaunch and Civil War II alienating an otherwise non-comic-buying fanbase
>Spider-Gwen
People finally wising up to the fact there's nothing good about it but the costume
>>
>>88485658

People with money don't want to read forced diversity trash or old serials that replace iconic heroes with black people.
>>
>>88485658
You and everyone on /co/ shit posted so much that your biased perception of a company became a reality.

I.E. meme magic :)
>>
Here's one perspective on this: https://popcultureuncovered.com/2016/04/18/comics-youve-got-your-diversity-so-why-dont-you-buy-them/

I won't vouch for it, but it shows how some people see it.
>>
>>88486754
>/co/ finally learned how to use meme magic and they killed marvel with it
Good work, I mean not quite /pol/ levels but it's a good start.
>>
>>88486600

Fuck off /pol/ Nazi idiot
>>
>>88485658

Contrary to popular opinion, not diversity or political correctness.

The fact of the matter is, Marvel's comics are dull at the moment. They're just not doing anything interesting, and they've allowed a terrible writer to commandeer all their titles and dictate where they go, which has left a bad taste in everyone's mouth (this is the sole reason for Ms. Marvel's fall, which is beloved by fans but has been diverted into a plain shitty direction by event crap). They've also been desperately pushing a bunch of terrible, rushed OCs using half-baked stories that are either rips of older stuff or just lack any internal logic, while attempting to push aside and alienate their most popular franchise.

Their greed and stupidity is showing far too clearly.
>>
>>88485898

>Gwenpool
>sticking your dick in crazy

Miles is dumb but he's not that dumb
>>
>>88485658
am i the only one who actually enjoyed pic related or the ancient and first of marvel nows ?
it had top-tier thor, spiderman and avengers books, good overarching narrative brought to you by hackman and there wasn't nearly as much forced pandering. if only marvel could go back to that era, not even go full conservative, just go a little back in time to the 2010s or mid 2000s status quo.
>>
File: Marvelnower.png (553KB, 640x404px) Image search: [Google]
Marvelnower.png
553KB, 640x404px
>>88487235
As opposed to...
>>
>>88485658
TRUMP

/thread
>>
>>88487359
I have literally no desire to read any of this (maybe doom and even that is pushing it).
>>
>>88487430
I don't think he cares about comics.
>>
Why are the Inhumans selling so poorly?
>>
>>88486491
If they do it'll come with a major restructuring. You can't just hemorrhage money. Ike'll be out because the majority of the burden falls on him and he's screwing the pooch really bad.
>>
>>88486600
White males sales are just as trash
>>
>>88487490

Karnak the only cool one and his book got delayed or cancelled
>>
>>88487490
They rushed/forced them instead of allowing them to gain popularity naturally.
>>
>>88485658
>People in general don't buy comics anymore
>Overpricing
>Constant #1s/relaunches/events
>Forced "diversity", shitty OCs and failed attempts at appealing to hipster crowds
>Movie synergy
>>
Marvel attracted the general public fans. You know, the ones that obsess over your property for a few years then move onto the next franchise that dangles keys.
>>
>They're just not pandering to the true legitimate hardcore fans such as myself. *Tips fedora*
>>
>>88486990
Good post, thoroughly agreed.
The fact that people like the diversity legacy comics when they're written well (Ms Marvel, Amadeus Cho, etc) and not when they aren't is pretty much proof that the diversity - and even the replacement characters - aren't the problem. Sure, people are probably more willing to keep going with a mediocre comic if it's a character they know and love, but fundamentally it's just that Marvel's writing at the moment is not very good.
>>
>>88487359
Christ, could they have got a worse artist for this? The composition's dogshit too.
Still, though... I'd argue that the character selection on the Marvel NOWer poster wasn't actually bad. It's a mix of popular characters, existing minor characters getting new pushes, and new characters. Surely that's exactly what we should want from any promotion of a "new status quo"?
Well, I guess it doesn't have any X-Men on it, which it could use, but otherwise...
>>
File: 1478460304625.jpg (99KB, 656x985px) Image search: [Google]
1478460304625.jpg
99KB, 656x985px
>>88485658
>>
Marvel has been top in terms of market share again for a couple of months now though.
>>
>>88488170
Yeah, due to #1s. But then there's a vast chasm between the sales of their #1s and #2s lately (like Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme).
>>
>>88485658
Too many white characters.

Too many characters from any number of decades past. Old is old. Every character needs to be new. Unless they're an old character talking about how much better the new analog is compared to them.
>>
>>88488315
simply epic
>>
>>88486990
I also agree with this. I think the diversity/PC stuff is not at the front, but rather causes people to write shit stories. When you're more preoccupied with filling as many pages as you can with those new characters, storytelling suffers as a result.
Writers are also too invested in the status-quo, so they don't experiment anymore. Even completely new characters that were made to be experimented on fall into the status quo after a few years. I know people take the Squirrel Girl line out of context, but where are the stories of Thor fighting Saturn people? Dinosaurs on the moon? Nowadays it's just a load of bullshit with whatever is the last trend. I mean, if you read Avengers AI and are a little knowledgeable about technology, you won't understand how the hell someone came with such a stupid idea as "free gas app". I mean, "apps" were all the rage back then, but just stamping trendy words into your stories and filling the rest with technical mumbo-jumbo doesn't make a good story. Where is the sense of mystery? Of wonder? It's lost. And again, quoting Squirrel Girl - comics were a place to escape to, not FROM.
>>
>>88488466
This complaint could just as easily apply to DC, though. I mean, they don't try as hard to be "trendy", but frankly they're even less "experimental" than Marvel.
>>
>>88489183
Marvel has no Young Animal
>>
>>88486869
He's right, y'know. Alienating people to the right of Bernie Sanders is pretty retarded. Marvel's made their bed, now they have to lay in it.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.