[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Weirdmageddon too short?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: S2e18_open_sky.jpg (338KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
S2e18_open_sky.jpg
338KB, 1920x1080px
I've heard some people say it should've been a longer arc. What do you think?
>>
I think devoting a whole quarter of the arc to Mabelland was a bit much.
>>
There were a lot of unresolved plot lines, yeah.
>>
It's not that Wierdmageddon should have been longer, it's that Gravity Falls itself needed at least one more season. And maybe have Wierdmageddon as a movie, not the ultimate end to the show itself.

Also I'm still sad Giffany only had one episode.
>>
>>88485835
Giffany's the most popular supernatural element-of-the-week, isn't she?
>>
>>88485858
Pretty much. She resonated with people a lot more than Hirsch wanted her to.
>>
>>88485964
She's certainly more memorable than the Duskertons or the Wax statues, I suppose.
>>
>>88485513

It was great, at the end of the day this is a fucking Disney Cartoon and is a fucking mircle that ended up beig as good as it was.

''But it could have been better! Better stories, more compelling character development, maybe a couple of more mature scenes with...''

If you want any of that shit, how about watching adult shows, movies, read a fucking book or something? You people look dumb as shit when you coplain about a kids cartoon not being that deep
>>
>>88486089
Nice try Alex.
>>
File: comic_page_2.png (618KB, 800x1135px) Image search: [Google]
comic_page_2.png
618KB, 800x1135px
Yes it was. Mabel and Bill did not get married like they were supposed to.
>>
>>88485513
The whole second half of Season 2 was rushed.
>>
>>88486089
Because most adult stories take themselves way too seriously. Look at how the comic half of thos board reacts when Whedon and Gunn try to inject levity. They just spout "le quip" because they want everything to be super serious and boring.
>>
>>88485513
I thought it was going to be like episodes long. Or at least, the one hour finale was going to be literally one hour long and not 44 minutes. The arc would have bennefited from it.
>>
>>88488291
5*. 5 episodes long
>>
>>88488310
Yeah, that sounds about right.
>>
>>88488259
>adult stories
>Look at how the comic half of thos board reacts when Whedon and Gunn

ADULT STORIES anon
>>
Weirdmageddon was everything Gravity Falls should not be. Played every weakness of the show up.
>>
>>88491253
Care to elaborate? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just interested in hearing your reasons.
>>
>>88491783
Inability to take itself seriously even for a second robbed what seemed to be set up as serious scenes of any gravitas. Poor monster design (Which isn't usual Gravity Falls fault, but still noticeable). And of course Mabel.
>>
>>88489082
See what I mean?

>>88491253
You are the problem.
>>
File: embrace the Strange.jpg (99KB, 520x540px) Image search: [Google]
embrace the Strange.jpg
99KB, 520x540px
Gravity Falls needed an extra season to Make Ford as likable as Stan, more mystery about Bill and Ford, more Pacifica befriending the twins, most monster of the week, more resolved plot lines, and Weirdmageddon as a movie. And weirdmageddon as just weirder. Maybe an origin episode for Bill where he came from Flatland.
>>
File: Moar 03.jpg (7KB, 200x149px) Image search: [Google]
Moar 03.jpg
7KB, 200x149px
>>88485513
Yes, pretty much. Mabel's storyline could have used another episode or two to ... err, to shift her place in the story and thus among the fans minds.

Similarly, we needed another Pacifica episode and honestly I think most people wanted another Wendy episode.

In general most people agree the show was too short because it was so good. Perhaps it was better than dragging on, but nearly every fan wanted just a few more episodes.
>>
>>88493268
Was there even one Wendy episode?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.