[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like him now, /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7

File: 1477585409253.jpg (64KB, 291x426px)
1477585409253.jpg
64KB, 291x426px
Do you like him now, /co/?
>>
>>88484112

no
>>
>>88484112
Needs to be holding a baseball bat
>>
>>88484112
Yes.

I actually prefer him over the Tec team ( Clayface is the exception), but his costume is seriously awful.
>>
>>88484112
Meh
>>
Depends on what his giant robot looks like
>>
File: batman16.jpg (218KB, 922x1400px) Image search: [Google]
batman16.jpg
218KB, 922x1400px
Is anyone excited for this arc?
>>
>>88484410
Solicit?
>>
>>88484410
>>88484437

>BATMAN #16

>Written by TOM KING • Art and cover by DAVID FINCH • Variant cover by TIM SALE
>“I Am Bane” part one! Bane is coming for Batman. Bruce must keep those he loves safe for five days in order to save Gotham Girl once and for all. But Bane will stop at nothing, and no one is safe.
>On sale FEBRUARY 1 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

>BATMAN #17

>Written by TOM KING • Art and covers by DAVID FINCH • Variant covers by TIM SALE
>“I Am Bane” part two! Barricading himself within the walls of Arkham Asylum still might not keep Batman and his allies safe from Bane’s assault. Which one of Bruce’s loved ones will be torn from him next?
>On sale FEBRUARY 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
>>
>>88484112
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
>>
>>88484474
I hope Duke Die.
>>
Who?
>>
>>88484474
>first arc is about how Bruce doesnt want to fail his family but knows he will because of his crusade
>Second arc is about Bruce's psyche
>3rd arc is about Bruce's hubris and how he will sacrifice whoever he feels is necessary to save those he cares about
>4th arc is about Bruce's hubris catching up to him showing there are consequences for his willingness to sacrifice others to save those he cares about

The sad this is this shit will go over about 80% of reader's heads. Its been a great run so far.
>>
>>88484410
Snyder and company need to be kicked off the Bat-Books and soon
>>
>>88484555
Duke is going to appear in this arc?
>>
>>88484112
He is boring.
>>
>>88484584
Based on David Finch pencils, most likely.

https://twitter.com/tomkingtk/status/781554806632554496?lang=en
>>
>>88484568
Wow I'm not gonna lie I didnt pick up on any of that. Thanks anon, I'm gonna reread it now.
>>
>>88484584
Yup.
>>
>>88484598
Urg no..
>>
>>88484598
A real disappointment yet again. King is slowly killing the Batman comic for everyone.
>>
>>88484634
>Was both #1 and #2 spots last month

Go away you fucking pleb. You are a vocal minority. Learn some reading comprehension. If you want a standard vigilante action comic you shouldnt read Batman. Go read Midnighter.
>>
>>88484598
Batman is taking them to a cheap restaurant and Jason is stealing Damian's toy? I guess I'm not going to drop Batman anytime soon.
>>
>>88484646
Disappointing garbage batman books this year . Detec, all-star, and this have been a mess. I dropped Detec, and all star . I'm one issue away from dropping this book as well.
>>
>>88484657
You have terrible taste
>>
>>88484584
I don't like Duke at all, just like every character Snyder has come up with. I think Harper Row is a useless character, just like Duke, who is only in current issues because for some reason everyone loves to kiss Snyders a$$. I think they should get rid of Harper, Duke, the Gotham syblings (created by King as we all know) as they serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever. I refuse to read anything by Snyder. I gave all star a chance but quit when I saw stupid squares pop out of the bat symbol and hit two face's face. It was beyond stupid. I also wasn't a fan of his new 52 Batman either.
>>
>>88484568
>First arc is about how Bruce resigns himself to die in a death-defying stunt that is comfortably in the lower 20% of dangerous encounters he's had and also about introducing terrible OCs that mirror his crusade in the most hacky manner imaginable
>Second arc is about sales
>Third arc is about contradicting what you think the first arc is about and trading on the name of the Suicide Squad while doing absolutely nothing with them
>Fourth arc is about discovering Bruce is in love with an irredeemable psychopath and is suicidal

The sad thing is this shit will be ignored by 80% of people because of their corporate mandated desire to fellate the overrated Hack King. It's been one of the worst runs on the character ever so far.
>>
>>88484474
Hopefully, this arc will better than "I Am Suicide" arc.
>>
Basically, when you think about it, King isn't even writing Batman. He probably is only doing the dialogue and the panel layout(kind of). All of the Batman books are still Scott Snyder's Cancer.
>>
>>88484705
Kek how does it feel being so god damn wrong?

>one of the worst runs of all time

What have you been reading comics for maybe 2 years cause you sound like a fucking idiot.

I will sit back and laugh at you as it continues to be the most sold book. I bet you hate Morrison too.
>>
>>88484733
I've been reading comics my whole life and it's a complete insult to imply that Morrison's run and King's have anything in common other than the superficial. Keep towing that company line though.
>>
>>88484769
Your whole life is what like 18 years kiddo?

You know nothing.
>>
>>88484779
Batman has dropped, due to me not enjoying the current arc / storyline.
>>
File: IMG_0746.jpg (31KB, 456x456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0746.jpg
31KB, 456x456px
>>88484568
I feel dumb now.

It's like Morrison's run all over again where everyone will hate on it until its over and its all explained on forums and then everyone will get it.
>>
>>88484568
>first arc is about how Bruce doesnt want to fail his family but knows he will because of his crusade
Which family he doesn't want to fail? His parents?

>Second arc is about Bruce's psyche
I agree, but King didn't deliver so far.

>3rd arc is about Bruce's hubris and how he will sacrifice whoever he feels is necessary to save those he cares about
Save who? Gotham girl? Why is he going this far for her to the point that he is actually endangering his boys?
>>
>>88484779
You're totally right, I bow down to your superior knowledge of the character. Batman as a cutter is the smartest thing that has ever happened to the character in his entire history and King is the best writer ever.
>>
>>88484841
Second arc is Night of the Monster Men, if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>88484841
His Batfamily I think he means, Batman had a speech about tapes for the boys.
>>
>>88484830
Yeah Batman unbreaking his back will need at least ten years of percolating before people understand its brilliance.
>>
File: emo_batman_by_mbqlovesottawa.jpg (701KB, 1024x755px) Image search: [Google]
emo_batman_by_mbqlovesottawa.jpg
701KB, 1024x755px
King's Batman.
>>
>>88484876
Its a comic you autist. No one wants realism.
>>
>>88484907
Emo?
>>
>>88484568
I thought I Am Gotham was alright, I liked the novelty of a young flying brick that Bruce doesn't tell to get off his lawn, but I Am Suicide has been trash.
>>
>>88484841
>Save who? Gotham girl? Why is he going this far for her to the point that he is actually endangering his boys?
Seriously, this.

Batman actions in the current arc make no freaking sense.
>>
>>88484907
You're right I hate realism in comics. Can you imagine if an author tried to psycho-analyze Bruce as a self-loathing psychopathic cutter who equates superheroics with a form of suicide instead of just telling entertaining stories?
>>
>>88484568
>Bruce's hubris
So more stories about Batman being a dick as opposed to going out & stopping crime
>>
>>88484876
After being broken once he surely learned how to do that shit, when he almost died in space the guy trained to survive in the vacuum of space. Seriously how dense can you guys be? Peak Humans are not realistic
>>
>>88485050
>>88484979
>>
>>88484979
Batman is a character study mate it has been for years.

I know you are casual as fuck and arent exploring other vigilantes but if you want a straight forward action oriented superhero book Batman is not the right place and it hasnt been since the 80s.
>>
>>88484112

Not hating on the design, but it really reminds me Young Justice's Guardian.
>>
>>88485143
King apologists can't even make up their minds. Is it a dumb as fuck depressing blockbuster or a character study that doesn't understand the fundamentals of the character?
>>
>>88485143
>a straight forward action oriented superhero book Batman is
King literally said that he's run going to be like a blockbuster.
>>
>>88485201
>not understanding interviews are casual bait

They say the vaguest statements to get low IQ people like you to read.

He also praises Snyder but has undid every characterization he established.
>>
>>88485193
It's funny how true is this.

First they say that King is phoning down his writing because Batfans are too dumb to understand it, then they say that he's run is 2deep4you.
>>
>>88484979

I don't mind a dark or even Grimdark batman, but a Cutter? That sounds like bullshit, especially since Alfred would not put up with that.

Not sure if I want to read this.
>>
You newfags have no idea how similar your response to Kings run is to how people responded to Morrison's at first.

Its pretty uncanny how 1:1 /co/'s reaction is.
>>
>>88485272
>why isn't Batman working alone
>Who is this faggot new sidekick Batman cares about more than Tim
>Batman would never do that
>Why is Morrison taking so long to get the story going

It really is hilarious.
>>
>>88485251
>King apologists: it's a character study!
>King: it's a blockbuster!
>King apologists: he is phoning it down because he knows that Batman fans are stupid!
>King: i don't need to explain anything because Batman fan are the smartest fans!
>>
>>88485272
>>88485317
Maybe if you samefag more the idea that a seven-year run that successfully paid homage to every era of a character's 75 year history while distilling the essence of said history and reconstructing it in a thoroughly modern setting deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as the run that paints Batman as a cutter will take hold. I won't hold my fucking breath.
>>
>>88484841
>Save who? Gotham girl?
What's wrong with her anyway? And how can Bane helpe her?
>>
>>88485413
Newfag you clearly werent here when Morrisons run dropped. It was the same response this run is getting. You say that in retrospect having not been on /co/.
>>
>>88485541
She's been affected by Psycho Pirate, who's in Santa Prisca with Bane.
>>
File: Cyborg.png (361KB, 425x511px)
Cyborg.png
361KB, 425x511px
>black character
>he wears silver or yellow
>>
>>88485638
Only idiots who can't see the black hole of quality in King's run think citing /co/'s reaction to something is a valid argument.
>>
>>88484112
Actually I've really started disliking him recently. I was pretty neutral up until the relaunch, but they keep shoving him into things and I keep getting bored and skipping over his bits.
>>
>>88485178
I liked that outfit. This is way too fucking bright though, especially for someone who cooperates in Gotham of all places.
>>
>>88484598
Why is Duke's hairline so fucked? It's not a part, it's not even a shaved in design, it's just fucked.
>>
File: RCO034_1478696300.jpg (999KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO034_1478696300.jpg
999KB, 1988x3056px
Does anyone know what this supposed to be?
>>
>>88487150
Dick = Blue
Jason = Red
Kate = white
Barbara = Purple
Tim = Black
Damian = Yellow

I'm not really sure.
>>
>>88487150
Why is Bruce hunched over?
>>
>>88487150
Don't know, but I think we will find out in the major arc Snyder is planning to do.
>>
>>88487377
>the major arc Snyder is planning to do
Huh?
>>
>>88487429
Snyder said that he is planning to do a story about one of Batman's students who went rogue and going to include the batfamily. It's going to be called "The Alley" or something.
>>
>>88484112
I never hate him in the first place. I mean compare to miles he's pretty ok.
The one who doesn't like him usually either timfag or damifag.
>>
File: captain-america.gif (883KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
captain-america.gif
883KB, 500x269px
>>88484127
>>
>>88487543
Please god no. No more secret Batman history revisionist history. Snyder is a hack.
>>
>>88487619
>SS: Yes. Basically it’s a story called “The Ally” that I’m working on with Tynion and the other Bat writers that I’m very excited about. So, there is someone that Batman worked with. Not before Dick Grayson in a way that would put a primary Robin before him or anything that would upset continuity in anyway. But it’s someone that Batman knew, that he worked with, that you’ll be surprised when they tie into a dark present. So, we are working on it. We are trying to figure out if it’s best to tell now or to tell during the story I am doing with Capullo. But it’s there and it’s part of a big plan for all the Bat writers. Yes, it’s definitely something we are seeding forward.

>Stuff in Batman is going to play out in this event, and the events going to circle around to what came up in Batman later. Like how Gotham and Gotham Girl got their powers. All kinds of stuff.

http://batman-news.com/2016/11/09/scott-snyder-on-all-star-growing-up-with-batman-and-a-look-at-the-inner-workings-of-the-bat-team/
>>
>>88487150
I think bat's building a new batman.
Not him, just a mix of every one of "helpers/semi-batman" over the year.
It's technically something that hasn't happened before. I mean the frankenstein batman built by bats himself.
>>
>>88484148

Batwing >>>>>> Duke
>>
>>88485692

Black Panther
Black Lightning
Storm
Bishop
nuPower Girl
Luke Cage (modern look)
Misty Knight
Falcon
John Stewart
>>
>>88487150
Wtf happened to Shelvey's art?
>>
>>88487649
urg............. NO GOD! NO GOD, PLEASE ... No GOD please NO! ..
>>
>>88487377
>in the major arc Snyder is planning to do.
The Duke is Batman storry .
>>
>>88484112
No .
>>
>>88484112
I hope he dies.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.