[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel TL;DR Ms. Marvel: Generation Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8

File: Marvel TLDR Ms. Marvel.jpg (174KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel TLDR Ms. Marvel.jpg
174KB, 1280x720px
In which Marvel tries introducing Kamala (and the Inhumans) to casual fans.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVz8c6iKkLA
>>
>>88483102
Could only stand 30 seconds after hearing the faggot narrator's stupid obnoxious voice.
>>
It's really frustrating that Marvel is actively trying to promote Sam, Miles, and Kamala as young heroes, while ignoring most of the X-kids and other misc. heroes like Avengers Academy. I'm waiting for a writer to come out and say "Hopeless can eat shit, Arena and Undercover never happened" and just retcon that slop.
>>
>>88483168
at the very least, Ewing has expressed interest in his comics at rezzing both the New Mutants and Young Avengers lines
>>
>>88483168
Here's the thing you need to understand: Sam, Miles and Kamala are more easily marketable. Miles is Spider-Man, he has the same name as one of the most populat characters in the world. Sam and Kamala have the same names as other iconic Marvel characters.
They're basically Legacy heroes, those will always be more succesful than pure OCs. More people are going to buy a book called Spider-Man or Ms. Marvel than a book called Reptil, Rockslide or Hazmat. Notice how Kate Bishop is the only Young Avenger to have her own solo book, because her name is Hawkeye, a recognizable name. Why do you think Riri Williams' title is called Invincible Iron Man even though she's actually called Ironheart?
That's the world we live in sadly.
>>
>>88483102
Faster Kamala explanation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBzcRPMoPzs
>>
>>88483102
>She's smart
>She's a gamur girl
>She fights giant robots
>Everyone loves her

I'm sure there's more to it but all that makes her look really bland.
>>
>>88483355
Weird how at no point do they mention her friends or family. Or her personal identity problems with being a Pakistani-American who struggles with the differences between her family's culture and everyone else's.
>>
>>88483102
Ms Marvel is Dead.

She went from a young inexperienced superhero to an Avenger, voter shill, and is now on two teams and Every. Single. Event and Crossover.

Her ongoing book isn't even in the top 100 anymore!

They raped and killed such a potential character.
>>
>>88483372
Because that sort of stuff is related more to the conflict of the book and isn't likely to get people interested. You don't tell people about Spider-Man by telling people "hey this guy's poor and he lives with his aunt."
>>
>>88483397
> You don't tell people about Spider-Man by telling people "hey this guy's poor and he lives with his aunt."
Yes you fucking do. That's one of his important qualities. Also struggling with a job at the Daily Bugle and a boss that hates his superhero Idenity.
It's about the struggle.
>>
>>88483452
no you don't. spider man is a guy with cool spider powers after getting bitten by a spider, that is what you tell people. telling people about 'da struggle mang' is why you have no friends
>>
>>88483102
What a cringy video. Makes Kamala look like waypool.
>>
>>88483168
>It's really frustrating that Marvel is actively trying to promote Sam, Miles, and Kamala as young heroes, while ignoring most of the X-kids and other misc. heroes like Avengers Academy

Not really strange. Ever since the 70s Marvel has had successive generations of young heroes pop in to be the "next generaioN" only for them to get marginalized when it becomes clear the old characters are never going to retire or go away permanently. In some cases they can find a new home if a writer likes them enough, but a lot of them end up being out in the cold.

The X-Men are especially bad at this. The New Mutants were specifically created to be the next generation of X-men and as long as Claremont stayed on it was pretty much a given that they would take over as the main team. But the editorial and Marvel time happened and now we have like four or five additional generations of newer mutants clogging up the rosters.
>>
File: Next generation of mutants.jpg (385KB, 700x643px) Image search: [Google]
Next generation of mutants.jpg
385KB, 700x643px
>>88483515
>The X-Men are especially bad at this
Tell me about it
>>
>>88483452
Not saying their struggles aren't valid, but people care more about the power fantasy of super heroes than the risks and problems associated with it.
>>
>>88483395
>they raped and killed such a potential character
Well she IS a young Muslim female, they just wanted to present her true to her culture
>>
>>88483531
Was anybody even expecting anything from Generation Hope? None of them mattered except for Hope.
>>
>>88483561
Idie got a push and she's in Hopeless's book now, isn't she? Hope's the one who's retired.
>>
>>88483587
Hope retiring to civilian life is a shitty cop-out considering how much the last 3 or so years of X-Books were devoted to her.
>>
>>88483636
Well, the last time we saw her, she took over Cable's X-Force. She might still be doing that with Marrow, Fantomex, and the guy we keep forgetting since we haven't seen any of them since.
>>
>>88483534
The power fantasy works better when the person with said power is relatable with real-world problems we all understand.
>>
>>88483102
>Now that you're sick of hearing the word Terrigen in every sentence
I think he speaks for all X-Fans
>>
>>88483510

You realize the human element is what makes Spider-Man compelling, right? It's the reason why Spider-Man is a popular character.
>>
>>88483102
Like, I get summarizing event books like Ragnarok, Spider-Verse, Civil War and Winter Soldier, but this was barely a story that needed to be sum up. Nobody references the Inventor anymore, and it was two short stories strung together. Hell, even the message of why this generation isn't a waste is lost on this video because they skimmed so much.

Let me guess, Miles Morales is next.
>>
It doesn't even bring up the part where she's shot by Bruno's friend.
>>
File: CUTEmala.jpg (50KB, 378x598px) Image search: [Google]
CUTEmala.jpg
50KB, 378x598px
>>88483102
>hedgehog
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>88483514
If Waypool were CUTE!
>>
>>88483168
Honestly, I want it to stay canon if only someone can pick up that fucking "there's a Mettle LMD walking around" plotline.
But use that as a primer to undo it all, sure.
>>
>>88483197
>Dick Rider
>iconic

lol
>>
>Dude giant robots lmao
>>
>1) When Iron Man ambushed Team Cap, it wasn't a pretense to propose a truce. He geniunely tried to offer Team Cap amnesty for a chance to let both sides reach a middle ground.

>2) Iron Man didn't sent the Thunderbolts after Spider-Man. Maria Hill did, against Stark's orders to stand down.

>3) While heroes were imprisoned in the Negative Zone, Iron Man stated it was a temporary measure. They weren't going to be there forever, it was only for as long as the war lasted.

>4) And finally, the heroes didn't have to reveal his identity to the public, only to authorities. And by leading the SHRA, Tony ensured the one person heroes would have to reveal their identity to was himself and not some random government agent.

This Starkfag salt.
>>
>>88484471
They should have done Secret Wars or Infinity Gauntlet instead. Maybe Secret Invasion/post Civil War "Heroic Age".
>>
>>88483168
Does anything from the Hopeless comics, other than Nico's arm, even get referenced anymore?
>>
Keep this shit on reddit, vivvav.
>>
File: 1479877238340.jpg (151KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1479877238340.jpg
151KB, 500x360px
>>88483102
>TL;DR comic explanations
what the actual FUCK is this?
What do you mean too long, didn't read? If you don't feel like reading a fucking comic book, why the FUCK do you care about comic characters?

This is catering to a really stupid demographic of people calling themselves "comic fans" who have never touched a comic book and only watch MCU movies, and when they're feeling daring, they google non-MCU characters on Marvel wikis for info.
>>
>>88483372
because these youtube videos specifically cater to the white demographic
>>
wow that's really the story that gained her a following?
>>
>>88483515
>>88483531
There's just some kind of an appeal saying "hey these new guys are gonna be the new X-men! So cool and inspiring!" But they're only okay in that pocket space of "WILL BE the new x-men, just not now"

In the end, no one is willing to give up the original team.
>>
>>88485069
Holy shit this genuinely triggered me

This is political-level covering of one's ass.
>>
File: 3UyHohE.jpg (41KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
3UyHohE.jpg
41KB, 480x640px
>>88483102
Fun fact: The head moderator of the r/comicbooks subreddit (aka this guy) writes these.

Yeah seriously
>>
File: Fortress Forever.png (2MB, 1600x419px) Image search: [Google]
Fortress Forever.png
2MB, 1600x419px
>>88486177
The lack of Fortress in all of our lives is still a thing.
>>
File: 1452851438553.jpg (35KB, 720x536px) Image search: [Google]
1452851438553.jpg
35KB, 720x536px
>>88483102
>Marvel tries introducing Kamala (and the Inhumans) to casual fans.
>>
>>88489211
>If you don't feel like reading a fucking comic book, why the FUCK do you care about comic characters?

This needs to be a /co/ banner
>>
>>88483395
And the sad thing is, her writer both can't and won't do anything about it.
>>
File: 1452891816328.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1452891816328.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>88483395
>potential character
lol ok
>>
>>88485069
Starkfags are the worst in their eyes he is innocent and did nothing wrong, the MCU ones are worst because they victimize him and excuse his shit with PTSD.
>>
>>88489211
>If you don't feel like reading a fucking comic book, why the FUCK do you care about comic characters?

This so much.
>>
>>88489481
He should stick to his day job.
>>
>>88483197
if Miles is so easy to market why isn't he popular?
>>
>>88483168
Kamala and Miles are better than the X-Kids though.
>>
>>88483102
Why does Marvel even do this? Comic Explanation Videos are dime a dozen now. Personally, I like Comicstorian mainly because he's also another Johnsfag. Also when the fuck was Kamala shown to be a gamer?
>>
>>88483102
That Lockjaw looks terrible.
>>
>>88489309

>In the end, no one is willing to give up the original team.

Two of them are dead and one is brain-dead.
>>
>>88493492
She mentions not having time for World of Battlecraft several times
>>
>>88493365
>i haven't read new x-men: the post
>>
>>88489309
nobody wants to invest time and resources on the next generation because they will never get to eb the next generation. It will always come back to the same 5-6 characters, so why bother.
>>
>>88493614

>How do you do fellow kids! World of Warcraft anyone? The spice must flow!

Marvel writers really need to accept they aren't as hip and trendy as they think they are.
>>
>>88493339

People like the idea of a black spider-man. Not so much the execution
>>
>>88493970
The latest expansion boosted WoW subs to 10 million.
>>
>>88493905
>What is DC
I mean I catch your drift but there's rare chances that legacies actually happen here. But yeah, looking now. Hal's GL again, Bruce is Batman, Barry is the Flash, and the most Dick and his team will ever be are Teen Titans without the Teen. Though their Outsiders stint was ok.
>>
>>88494087

It's yesterday's news, same as star wars.
>>
>>88483197
You've just made me realize exactly why I hate current Marvel and what they are doing with young heroes so much. Nearly all of them are legacy ones. There are no new identities what so ever. Now, before you ask what makes New X-Men, the Initiative or the Avengers Academy different, the answer is simple. All of them, even groups like the new New Mutants and the new Hellions had their own unique stories to tell as well as their own identities and powers.

Now, all we have at this moment, all that is being focused on are recycled 'iconic' heroes. Or even worse than that, we have this 'flawless generation' with characters who have no charm or reason being 'cool and witty' *cough*WATXM*cough*, With the exception of Ms. Marvel when she is in her solo, most of them are rehashes of their predecessors adventures or even just younger, less complex versions of the original characters. Because of that, none of the stories that we liked when we were younger have any of the same impact as we all know how it is going to go down, unlike before.

And say what you will about the 2000 and early 10's younger generation, at least the writers had the goddamn balls to tell some original stories with original characters, instead of just these boring rehashes with less complex ones.
>>
>>88483197
>captain marvel
>iconic

Maybe in the MCU where everyone is written to love her
>>
>>88493339
Miles is popular anon, don't believe what /co/ tells you he dosen't sell the same as Peter, but his solo does sell well
>>
>>88494756
I can't get why though. Reading his book, he just comes off as really bland.
>>
>>88494861
Yeah, but he's a Spiderman and black i know it sound bad, but there people who actually buy her book just because of this, there people that wanted Miles in MCU as the "real" Spiderman because fuck little white boy Peter
>>
>>88494861
I remember reading Miles back it was Ultimate because his supporting cast. Prowler was cool,Spiderwoman was cool and I thought the dynamic between his dad was interesting.
>>
>>88494398
Carol's not in the MCU yet
>>
>>88483197
Nova and Carol are not fucking iconic in any way
>>
>>88483102
Stands for

Terrible
Lore
Don't
Read

poor, poor inhumans.
>>
>>88483197
>Nova
>Carol
>iconic
What the fuck? I love Rich as much as the next Annihilation fan but c'mon he's not iconic, and Marvel has tried to get Carol over with the mainstream population to no avail.
>>
>Kamala
Strong start as a low level rookie but ruined thanks to popularity, agenda pushing, and instant Avenger status
>Miles
Still fucking shit and Bendis wants him in every book
>Nova
Made to suffer and people want Dick back
>>
>>88489211
>What do you mean too long, didn't read? If you don't feel like reading a fucking comic book, why the FUCK do you care about comic characters?

This applies to /co/ more than anything.
>>
>>88494378
All that, just to say
>"Back in my day..."
>>
>>88483102

Marvel spoon feeding literal casuals proves how fucking creatively and morally bankrupt they've become.
>>
>>88483102
I know the guy narrating. Such a fucking faggot. Claims to know and love comics but is all Big Bang Theory type.
>>
>>88502257

And honestly, they should have just said

>"if you want to know more about this character you should read these books by these authors, available for purchase at these locations!"

You know, selling the actual fucking product they produce? What's the point of summing something up for people? If the point is not to sell secondary things like merchandise and movie adaptions.
>>
>>88499680
>I love Rich as much as the next Annihilation fan
So you mean not that much beyond a single run that's a big departure from his past 30 years of stories?
>>
>>88489481
And I know the co-writer and narrator. Some Big nose faggot Jew who will exploit anything and backstab anyone for his own greedy gain.
>>
Kamala is basically 2016 Spiderman. She faces the problems that 2016 kids have, and embraces the challenges they care about. Which is why oldfags on /co/ can't stand her. She's the proof that they've been left behind.
>>
>>88485215
>tl;dr of Secret Wars
Good fucking luck.
>>
>>88483102
They forgot the lore about Islam.
>>
>>88502579

She's proof her generation is a bunch spoiled, self-centered shits whose views of reality are so warped because they get it directly from the Internet instead of going outside.
>>
>>88483102
They made a fairly boring comic run look even worse. Well done, Marvel!
>>
>>88483395
I cri everytim

What drew me to Kamala (besides cute girl) was how low stakes it was. She was just some nobody and it was great.
Now she's a somebody, and it's fucking boring.
>>
>>88489289
I wouldn't look too deeply into these videos. They made Spider-Verse look acceptable.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.