[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Dead fansites/forums

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

I used to post on this old forum in the early 2010s. Anyone have fond memories of other dead fansites?
>>
Samruby
Leader's Lair
>>
>>88467068

I used to post on the sinfest forum if that counts. It's not dead but it's dead to me.
>>
File: guilty.gif (27KB, 432x216px) Image search: [Google]
guilty.gif
27KB, 432x216px
>>88467068
Not technically a fan site but there are so many dead stickfigure animation forums. I miss stickdeath.com the most.
>>
File: 1409149663472.gif (299KB, 448x256px) Image search: [Google]
1409149663472.gif
299KB, 448x256px
>>88467068
>some posts are from today and some posts are from 2010
>>
>>88467956
It looks like it's a screencap from about 2 days after the oldest post, probably an archive.
>>
Dead forums are pretty depressing.
>>
File: ssw.png (126KB, 1346x653px) Image search: [Google]
ssw.png
126KB, 1346x653px
>>88468065
I used to love spelunking in dead or niche fansites (I even had a weird Starman.net phase when I got into retrogaming), but now I don't have as much free time.
I was looking right now into an old Daria fansite.
>>
>>88468065
Dying ones are more depressing. Just less than 20 regulars all posting in the same spam thread. With one of them occasionally creating a new thread with some sort of topic only for it to get about 4 replies and those replies are usually just "i know right" or a "I don't know anything about this"

Not /co/ related but the mega64ums was a tight place, I was surprised when they shut it down, but the hints were there when it was announced there wouldn't be a secret santa that year.
>>
>>88468065

It's strange to think there are veritable ghost towns on the internet. Relics of a bygone era. A few years ago /v/ had a really great thread about forgotten mmo's. There are still a few from the late 90's early 00's that have a few hardcore fans that have stuck with them. Shit gets downright creepy.
>>
>>88467068
Every board on IGN.
>>
I was really into Watership Down as a kid in the late 90s/early 2000s.
What a husk of a fandom now. Makes me depressed to look around and see all the dead sites.
>>
Not /co/ related by used to post on a Ratchet & Clank, a Starcraft, a generic videogames and a horse show italian forums...I wonder how many people there still are on them
>>
>>88467068
I used to post there, too. 'Member Room With a Moose?
>>
>>88467068
I remember going to that form sometimes.

One time a guy was asking about a red starfish character his son wanted a plushie of, and no one knew what he was talking about. Some people were thinking he was talking about Patchie, but it wasn't him.

Thourop finally came in and said it was an actual plushie that Flapjack one in some game in an episode, and it was a really miner background prop. Weird how such a minor, one time prop, meant so much to a kid. The father was able to make the plushie out it too.
>>
>>88468552
Now I gotta see this starfish.
>>
I remember going to the TWTG forum before the switch over to Channel Awesome. From what I remember some parts were kind of ghost townish.
>>
File: 1366653985120.jpg (38KB, 829x640px) Image search: [Google]
1366653985120.jpg
38KB, 829x640px
>proboards
>>
>>88468597
I'll try finding it, but it's really obscure.
>>
Anyone else post on the Shoujo-Ai forum? They were responsible for directing me here.
>>
>>88468065
I feel the same way but I don't know why.
>>
>>88468293
Second Life has a lot of this kind of thing. Ostensibly someone is still paying the bills on the various digital plots, but even so.
>>
File: Flapjack starfish.jpg (121KB, 725x556px) Image search: [Google]
Flapjack starfish.jpg
121KB, 725x556px
>>88468552
>>88468597
>>88468682
Had to go to one of those shitty youtube rips and take a screen shot, but I found it.

*Correction, it was a green starfish, not red
>>
>>88469165
That is really weird, not the replicating bit, but it's just so plain looking.
>>
Not /co/ related, but I used to post on old sonic fan art websites like netraptor and such.

Shits fucking dead, some of them moved on to deviantart, but im certain they all just stopped posting one day.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.