[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is wrong with this compagny?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: Sony-logo.jpg (19KB, 1280x725px) Image search: [Google]
Sony-logo.jpg
19KB, 1280x725px
What the fuck is wrong with this compagny?
>>
>>88463751
They sold out.
>>
>>88463751

North Korea sued the fuck out of them and they don't own the full ownership of Spider-Man movie rights.
>>
>>88463751
Why don't you ask /tv/ since this is a board for comics and cartoons?
>>
>>88465383
And books.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (52KB, 1000x395px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
52KB, 1000x395px
>>
>>88465834
I love the Sony emails because of the way it proved the people there were the out of touch terrible decision making retards we assumed they were. You know it's bad when they can't even be bothered to use proper grammar or spell correctly in a professional environment.

In any case these emails where more entertaining than anything Sony Pictures has ever shat out.
>>
File: 1468291343055.jpg (67KB, 457x461px) Image search: [Google]
1468291343055.jpg
67KB, 457x461px
>>88465834
>Wondering if there's an EDM angles omewhere with Spidey?
>Getting invited into Spidey's Snapchat circle would be huge, and very buzzworthy and cool.
What kind of mental problems do these people have?
>>
>>88463751
I think it's just bad luck. Hollywood changed and Sony just couldn't keep up because they didn't have enough valuable IP, and what valuable IP they did have was so wildly mismanaged that it sunk their whole enterprise.
>>
Even after the massive e-mail leak that revealed just how buttfuck retarded their execs are. The majority still remained. Only Amy Pascal left and now it's rumored Michael Lynton is considering retirement and Sony's considering consolidating the pictures division into the Playstation division and having Andrew House run both.

>>88466003

It's also because they make shit movies. Their big Oscar bet, Passengers, is being utterly savaged by critics for being plain terrible and will probably piss out at the Box office. Animation is one of the few Bright spots but even Angry Birds and Sausage Party weren't super smashes (Though bless Seth Rogen for finally making R-Rated feature length animation a viable avenue once more)
>>
File: 1468095788851.jpg (205KB, 1394x1442px) Image search: [Google]
1468095788851.jpg
205KB, 1394x1442px
>>88465834
Please, I need more.
>>
File: 1478914191834.png (71KB, 287x455px) Image search: [Google]
1478914191834.png
71KB, 287x455px
>>88466238
>In late 2017 female Lead film, starring Emma Stone as antagonist Carnage.
>>
>>88466238
>No mention of Miles.

Good.

>Sinister six movie without naturally introducing each individual villain in ASM first.

Bad.

>Emma Stone as Carnage.

....What?

>Tobey Macguire vs Andrew Garfield.

Fan fucking tastic.

>New Peter starting in highschool.

Bad, sucks they went with this.

>Andrew Garfield being the Peter of the MCU.

Good, best Spider-Man we've had.

>Having Sam Raimi direct an Andrew Maguire Spider-Man movie.

God teir.
>>
>>88466127
>Though bless Seth Rogen for finally making R-Rated feature length animation a viable avenue once more
It was still a shit movie though.
>>
>>88466366
>Direct and Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movie**************
>>
>>88463751
same thing that happens to a lot of companies nowadays

they put a woman in charge
>>
>>88466368
An R-Rated animated movie made a profit, that's what matters. It opens the door for us.
>>
>>88466366
>What?
Ultimate Gwen was Carnage after she got eaten the first time and before she got eaten the second

Maybe a version of that story?
>>
>>88466445
Hopefully for the better and no just shitty R-rated animated films aping Sausage Party. Although I imagine Sony would do that.
>>
>>88466368

It was total shit and it turned out the CGI studio used was such a mismanaged shitshow that mistreated workers that it mangled Sony's already fucked reputation in Hollywood further because apparently they knew about the production problems and never acted. Still, at least we had "It was profitable"

Apparently the only reason the TV stuff they do that is well received (Like Breaking Bad and Preacher) is because it goes under exec radars as they only really give a shit about the big AAA pictures. The entire pictures segment is just a complete shitshow.
>>
>>88466445
yeah now we can get amazing r-rated animated films by greats like Kevin Smith and Seth Macfarlane
>>
>>88466563
And Adam Sandler.
Yes I know about Eight Crazy Nights
>>
>Own Ratchet and Clank
>Not involved in any aspect of production or distribution

Still scratching my head on this one.
>>
>>88466821

That deal was signed years ago under Howard Stringer when the Playstation division was treated like it's own division that makes independent decisions (Instead of the "One Sony" corporate philosophy these days) and they sold the film rights to a number of gaming IP to different film companies. Legendary own the movie rights to God Of War, for example. And other companies have the film rights to Infamous and Sly Cooper.

Its a bit of a mess.
>>
>>88467745
You can never tell. I mean, twenty years ago Marvel was a comic publisher. What do they care if some studio makes a stand alone movie, or a trilogy, that will be talked about for a few years then forgotten?

The Mega-franchise didn't become a big thing until the MCU took off. No one could have foreseen, "Okay, now we need the film rights to Fat Princess as the cornerstone to our multimedia empire WAIT SHIT WE SOLD IT TO A BOLLYWOOD STUDIO".
>>
>>88467745

Oh they will never any more when they realize how they fucked up. And Sony had to rescue the Ratchet film from development hell and distribute it as well when Lionsgate dropped it.

It was still shit.
>>
Too Fate milking
>>
>>88467999
>And Sony had to rescue the Ratchet film from development hell and distribute it as well when Lionsgate dropped it.

It was distributed by Universal broh
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.