[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can he still be redeemed? Or is he too far gone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: Bojack-1.jpg (93KB, 1200x673px) Image search: [Google]
Bojack-1.jpg
93KB, 1200x673px
Can he still be redeemed? Or is he too far gone?
>>
I don't think the show plans on truly redeeming him
I can't see the show end in a way that doesn't involve him committing suicide 2bh
>>
>>88463355
I think the whole point of the show is that there is no redeeming; there is no deep down. You are only your actions. So striving for redemption (which doesn't exist) is pointless.
>>
>>88463355
He's too far gone, he'll die at an old age but he'll be alone.
>>
>>88463355
I hope he drowns after doing something heroic and is at peace with the fact that he's going to die.
>>
>>88463587
This

But it's also a positive thing

You aren't locked in to be the person you were.
No deep down means that change is possible.

Redemption is useless as a concept because you aren't who you used to be.
The whole man and river, thing.

Bojack has changed. Season 3 ended with the most positive change yet because he realized that the life he was living (Hollywoo life) was toxic.
He didn't know what to replace it with so he was feeling suicidal and aimless.

The running horses offered another path.
It's kind of ironic since the show says there is no deep down but also that you are what you are.
Bojack is a horse and so running is something that appeals to his nature.
Just like PC is having her crisis about "what" she is, so is Bojack
>>
>>88465210

I think a big part of that scene was the whole community aspect too. Not just the running, but the fact that all the horses were running together. Actually, has Bojack ever been seen onscreen with another horse outside of his family?
>>
>>88465849
Aside from Secretariat, I'm not sure there has been non-Horseman horsemen

And yeah, community is a big part too
It's about happiness
Bojack was always trying to earn his happiness like it was a reward for good behaviour

Family, or at least community, gives happiness and acceptance without qualification
That was also a big theme of the season
>>
>>88463355
Given the trend, at this point Bojack will be lucky if he goes back to the way things were at the beginning of S1.

And I can't help but imagine him being happy about it. Hey, at least it wouldn't be the vast chasm of his current immense failure from which he can't even see the way out. Just the small pit of his moderate failure that has the hole he crashed through be forever out of reach by milimeters.

Having an unattainable goal you still strive for is better than having nothing and despairing over it. In other words, Bojack would be a lot happier as a Camusian Absurdist than a Nihilist.
>>
>>88466315
>Bojack was always trying to earn his happiness like it was a reward for good behaviour
This was more likely than not caused by his mother forcing him to dance for her gaggle of friends as a child in that sailor suit.
>>
>Didn't get to fuck Deer Mom

Why live?
>>
>>88466435
So you can fuck Mia McKibben.
>>
>>88463355
So how many of you figure you'll end up like Bojack, only with no fame or money?
>>
>>88466618

Dunno. I might not be happy in the future, but I don't see myself falling into Bojack's brand of depression. I don't drink and I keep up with different personal projects that keep me interested and out of the pits of nihilism. I don't have a lot of friends, but I am pretty tight with the ones I do have.

Really, my only grievance is that I don't have and never have had a girlfriend. High school traumatized me into shitty self-esteem that I didn't get over until after college to the point that I couldn't even conceive of the idea of being in a relationship with another person, and now I simply don't have any idea how to approach romance. I don't like drinking or crowds, so bars and clubs are a nightmare for me. I don't have any female co-workers, and I don't have anything else that really exposes me to the opposite sex any.

So based on how things have gone so far, I'll probably die alone. But other than that everything is pretty good.
>>
>>88466804
>tfw even Bojack managed to get laid
>many times
>still a complete failure despite of it

There's hope yet, anon, don't give up.
>>
>>88463355
In my opinion, he's a lost cause. He's fucked over too many people with his selfish behavior. He needs to just leave LA for good, change his name and appearance, and hope nobody finds him. And also give up drugs and alcohol, otherwise he'll just fuck everything up again.
>>
>>88463355
A better question is, can the show redeem itself?
>>
>>88467146
It already has. Wanda was the show's low point.
>>
>>88466804
I was in a comparable boat until recently, anon. I was abused and raped by a cousin pretty much weekly until I was about 12, and I've always struggled with clinical depression and low self-esteem as a result. I had little to no meaningful interactions with women for the longest time, and the idea of sex has always been highly paradoxical and contentious in me because I do get turned on and aroused but the thought of actually being with someone else was altogether repulsive due to my background. I don't like drinking, I've got social anxiety so being around more than 1 person at a time messes with me, I was homeschooled my entire life and had no experience interacting with people until college, which I dropped out of due to extensive medical issues.

I just figured I wasn't really capable of romance and no one would ever want me. It continued in that fashion for the longest time, until I met this wonderful girl in class. We didn't talk much but a while later I'd had a suicide attempt and she somehow found out and stuck with me and helped me through that. Spent a couple years getting close as platonic best friends, both of us had rough backgrounds and she is normally terrified to even be alone with men anymore after what she's been through so neither of us had any real experience with the opposite gender or even intention to have any.

I confessed I was in love with her about a month ago and she felt the same and we've been dating ever since, taking things slow. Ultimately, my point is that no matter how bad your situation is, you will ALWAYS be able to find someone no matter how late in life. Life and love aren't races, and it's never too late and you're never too far gone no matter what you've done or been through. You never know what's around the corner. I tried to kill myself, twice in fact, and this random classmate who had no reason to be there for me thought she'd just take this one chance and here we are together just a few years later. You can too.
>>
File: IMG_5303.jpg (38KB, 279x304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5303.jpg
38KB, 279x304px
>>88467188
You're smoking penis, my dude. Wanda was the highest point of the show and everything afterwards has just been needlessly melodramatic.
>>
>>88463587
>>88465210
I disagree with the whole notion of "no deep down" thing. The billionaire cat character is proof of that. His actions were admirable and benefited the defenseless but it was all motivated by narcissism. His actions were good but deep down he was a dick and that pissed Diane off, especially because she wasn't strong enough to do what he does.
>>
>>88466618
Already there my dude, but the main difference is I'm pretty sure I'll end up killing myself. Fuck waiting around
>>
>>88467188
But Wanda was best girl.you fucking pleb
>>
My personal theory for end games:
>Bojack ends up in a rich rehab in Malibu. He'll probably go after publicly destroying someone's life and his own (possibly his daughter's), and will be found in his house by Princess Caroline, passed out in his swimming pool.

>Diane runs the story about how PB's ride share business is garbage. She stays loyal to Bojack through something questionable, furthering PB's anger towards her. She winds up alone in the end working at starschmucks, realizing she was only special because of the people around her.

>PB once again falls down a long rabbit hole of insane and questionable choices that lead him to his loss of the governor election. He'll probably leave Diane due to her betrayal, feeling she is partially to blame for ruining his reputation enough to cost him the election. Some other shit will culminate and he'll be the one to shoot himself in an overly dramatic fashion that becomes instant Hollywoo news.

>Princess Caroline ends up in the same position she always was; taking care of Bojack. She's somewhat happier because he's actually listening to her, and she's still with the Stilton mouse. She makes it out ok, but is resigned to her place in the world.

>Todd ends up finally doing something important and successful with himself without Bojack's help/Bojack screwing it up. It'll give him the confidence boost he needs to finally move on with his life.
>>
>>88467864
>>Bojack ends up in a rich rehab in Malibu. He'll probably go after publicly destroying someone's life and his own (possibly his daughter's), and will be found in his house by Princess Caroline, passed out in his swimming pool.

The last scene of the show is a montage of the various characters, in their different walks of life, seeing the news of Bojacks death on TV.

The very last scene is one random extra walking into frame and look up at the TV.

"Hey, isn't that the horse from Horsing Around?"

Roll credits. None of his dilemmas and progress and failures matter to anyone that didn't know Bojack. To them, he is always just that horse from that sitcom.
>>
>>88467526
>>88467834
How? She was a ditz who leeched off Bojack and left as soon as it was convenient for her. Plus her dialogue was awful.
>muh owl puns
>muh coma gimmick
>muh fertilizer "joke"
Maybe if she had stuck around longer she would have gotten better, but I couldn't stand her.
>>
>>88467188
No, the abortion episode was the show's low point.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/08/03/bojack-horseman-shows-why-art-about-abortion-is-failing/
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.