[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a better ff story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1.jpg (2MB, 2013x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2MB, 2013x3056px
Name a better ff story
>>
>>88462893
Any story with Doom.
>>
>>88463027
>>
lmao, do people even read FF? Didn't they get cancelled because their stories suck?
>>
File: Fantastic Four 087.jpg (84KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fantastic Four 087.jpg
84KB, 400x600px
The Fantastic Four 84 - 87 arc where DOOM kidnaps the team in Latveria and brainwashes all of them is pretty much the best F4 and possibly cape comics will ever get.
>>
>>88462893
>N̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶f̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶r̶y̶
Name a better Silver Surfer story

FTFY
>>
>>88462893
If only the next issue after that had the entire story devoted to driving away Galactus, it would have been perfect.
But that was only the first half, and the latter half was Johnny going to college and meeting Wyatt. It was a kind of anti-climactic to end like that.
>>
>>88463655

But he only needed half an issue to wrap up the story so Jack devoted the other half to a short cooldown a story. What is wrong with that? If I remember right this whole Galactus story starts the same way in the second half of the issue that wraps up the first Inhuman arc.

He's just using the exact amount of space needed for the story and then going forward. Jack didn't know the meaning of the word decompression.
>>
File: Fantastic_Four_Vol_1_352.jpg (134KB, 400x605px) Image search: [Google]
Fantastic_Four_Vol_1_352.jpg
134KB, 400x605px
>>88462893
>>
>>88463027
Do you think Fox is holding onto the Fantastic Four rights because they know once Disney gets a hold of Dr. Doom there will be no conceivable way to compete with them?
>>
>>88463256
The Moebius one?
>>
I heard there was a lame asspull to solve the situation.
>>
>>88464313

Maybe you should try reading comics fuckwit
>>
>>88464387
I do and I'll eventually read the Kirby/Lee FF run, even though I prefer Kirby solo.
But for your amusement here's what the complainer said:

>1. The structure. It starts midway through #48 and ends midway through #50, making it a "trilogy" that actually only makes up two issues' worth of pages. While it does create that sense of spontaneity I love about Kirby, this awkward pacing annoys me.
>2. The FF are basically bystanders in their own story. Everything significant they accomplish is because the Watcher hands it to them and it's Alicia who turns the Silver Surfer against Galactus.
>3. The miraculous coincidence at the heart of the plot: out of all the rooftops in New York the Surfer could land on, he just happens to land on Alicia's. Many years ago, I wrote a spec script for What If? asking what would've happened if Surfy had landed in Yancy Street instead. It didn't end well for a whole lot of folks.
>4. The deus ex machina ending. Kirby's endings often suck, and the Ultimate Nullifier is a major offender.
>5. The big G on the chest of the Big G. Yeah, yeah, I know somebody later explained it away as an alien glyph that coincidentally resembles our letter. But it adds an unwelcome and tonally inappropriate whiff of cheese to the proceedings.
>>
>>88463655
Yeah, the first half of the first issue of the Galactus Trilogy is actually about the Inhumans and the last half of the last issue of the Galactus Trilogy is about Johnny going to college.

All told, the Galactus "Trilogy" is only actually 2 issues.
>>
>>88464982
Well... he's not wrong about any of his points, but it's still a great arc.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.