[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Telltale's BATMAN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

File: Batman-City of Light.jpg (200KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-City of Light.jpg
200KB, 1920x1080px
No matter your issues with this game, I think we can all agree, that it's pretty damn surprising that it wasn't Jason Todd this time.

That said, what did you guys think of this QTE Western Light Novel starring Batman now that it's over?

Favorite Moments?
Least Favorite Moments?
Thoughts on the Story and Characters?
Fun Factor?
>>
>>88461011

>Favorite Moments?

Fucking Selina
>>
>>88461011
>Favorite Moments?
>Catwoman and Batman fight
>reveal that Thomas Wayne was in fact a scumbag
>Harvey's breakdown at Selina's
>Joker's intro
>Penguin/Harvey fight
>Harvey confrontation in episode 5
>throw down between Arkham and Batman in the church
>Least Favorite Moments?
>investigation
>giving the speech in episode 3
>Grogan being a good cop
>Mark 2 suit
>Thoughts on the Story and Characters?
I enjoyed the new take on it. I enjoyed the hell out of it. Travis killed it as Two-Face and I really felt for him throughout the season. Lady Arkham was a nice foil to Bruce. I went into the final confrontation wanting nothing but to kick her fucking teeth in. Though at the end of it, I pitied her.
>>
>>88461011
>Favorite Moments?
In episode 5 when the game glitched out during the Arkham inmates being let loose one inmate was just some floating eyes and teeth.
>Least Favorite Moments?
When the game crashed
>Thoughts on the Story and Characters?
I liked playing as Bruce more than Batman, I feel like there's more stuff about the Waynes they just kind of left hanging for season two but I'm not sure if I'm interested enough for that.
>Fun Factor?
I thought it was ok at best, nothing to write home about.
>>
>>88461316
>, I feel like there's more stuff about the Waynes they just kind of left hanging for season two
I feel like most of the Wayne stuff got wrapped.

>Thomas was a gangster with Falcone and Hill
>The trio fuck over a lot of peoples lives including but not limited to the Cobblepots and Arkhams
>Martha's a decent human being and wants out
>Hill hires Chill to kill Tom and Martha
>Falcone probably paid off people in prison to off Chill
>the group's overall actions create the Children of Arkham and give Vicki and Oz their motives for being evil
>Bruce learns about all of this,deals with the Children of Arkham and tries to atone for his father

I don't how you can really expand on that. Maybe go a bit deeper into the origin of Thomas/Vicki's insanity drug but I feel like that story is more or less done.
>>
>>88461011

I really liked Episode 4, personally. The fact you could pick between the two fights was good, but the Penguin's 'follow-up' in Episode 5 (You just fight him in a park) felt really weak in comparison.

I kind of wish the Penguin wore a costume in Episode 4 instead of just powerfists, though. I still think the powerfists are the coolest thing I've ever seen.
>>
>>88461011

It's the first Batman entry to really make me feel that CatBats could actually work and be compelling.

Also, fucking image related. This could be my favorite Batsuit ever.

I actually really, really enjoyed the whole thing. Sadly I dropped my spaghetti with Selina in the last episode and said I loved her, rather than playing it cool and and saying we make a good team, as with the kiss that seems to be the option that will get the best results if they do a Season 2. Going to have to replay the chapter twice, once low-tech as my main save and get it right, and then high tech.
>>
Gonna start playing this in a while. Anything I should know about?
>>
>>88461991
Pick yellow
>>
>>88461011
So, where did "Lady Arkham" get a concussion staff, jet boots, a shit ton of mind control drugs, and learn how to fight like that?
>>
>>88462082
R'as, Bane, Hurt, or the Court of Owls.
>>
>>88461011
I'm just tired of Telltale's shitty "choice" system.
>>
File: 1479419461511.jpg (24KB, 462x327px) Image search: [Google]
1479419461511.jpg
24KB, 462x327px
I'm a bit hesitant to get anything from Telltale after Walking Dead season 2 was a disaster. Is this any good?
>>
>>88462533
Tales from the Borderlands is better.
>>
>>88462533
borderlands was awesome. i mean with that script they actually van make a good video game movie. can you imagine?
>>
Has everyone seen both flashbacks at the start of ep 5?

I preferred Penguin making it to the end but Harvey's coin flip bit really painted how far he's fallen.
>>
>>88461011
>I think we can all agree, that it's pretty damn surprising that it wasn't Jason Todd this time.
It's the start of Batman's career, I highly doubt it was ever going to be Jason Todd
>>
>>88461117
>investigation
A specific investigation or just the investigation mechanic in general?
>>
>>88463918

I honestly think the story's cooler if you take out Penguin in Episode 4. The Episode 5 scene with the Penguin makes no sense at all.

One thing I liked was that getting the armored Batsuit for the final battle actually changes quite a few things. From what I can see:

- Batman uses a shock mine instead of a restraining chair to bowl over the inmates.
- When fighting Zsasz, Batman electrocutes him instead of dodging away. Without the suit, Gordon shows up and shoots him in the hand.
- In the final battle against Lady Arkham, Batman fires his grapple, which she parries. Without the suit, he snatches up a stone to throw at her instead. (She still parries it anyway.)
- Batman tanks the hits when he's in the suit, but does his best not to be hit without it, as he can't survive a head-on impact.

That was one hell of a final battle, though. Arkham has the coolest outfit.
>>
File: Batman Choices.png (507KB, 2157x341px) Image search: [Google]
Batman Choices.png
507KB, 2157x341px
Post 'em.
>>
>>88464077
Yeah, the final fight was dope
>>
File: Jinzo.png (383KB, 310x450px) Image search: [Google]
Jinzo.png
383KB, 310x450px
>>88461011

Why is Batman fighting Jinzo?
>>
>>88464192

It's weird that she could do so much damage with just a staff and Boots of Jumping. I mean, holy shit.
>>
>>88461011
it was underwhelming as fuck.
Vicki fucking Vale as the main antagonist? Really?
>>
Overall, I would say that it was a pretty interesting and unusual take on the Batman mythos and, possibly, the best Bat-related thing that I have seen so far in 2016. I mean, think about it:

• Screw Zack Snyder, David Ayer and their misunderstanding of DC Universe: didn't like MurderAffleck with his wooden acting chops in both BvS/SS and I am so not looking forward to his solo flick.

• Snyder & King’s bs "deconstruction" in All-Star & regular title is a freaking disgrace, not to mention the fact that the art is also very mediocre for such an iconic character like Bats (unnecessary invention of Duke, stupid costume, stupid crossovers with Detective Comics & Squad, pointless investigation of DC’s forced Watchmen event).

• Don't like the character's design and handling in JL Action cartoon. Conroy, while amazing in the past, is not at the top of his game anymore, unfortunately (you could sort of feel it even when Arkham Knight was out). Screw that joke-y, self-referential type of humor for people with short attention span.
>>
>>88464324
You'd better be joking.

I'm being serious, if you aren't joking I'm going to shoot someone.
>>
Now, about Telltale’s pros: takes its time with building a new world (each episode is good on its own merits), fascinating story choices (when it comes to Dent going mad & Cobblepot taking over Wayne Corp), cool visuals (at first, Penguin looking like his younger version from Gotham TV show was bothering the crap outta me, but after seeing how they handled him – that’s no longer an issue), neat voiceover (especially the guys that worked on Harvey, Gordon, Penguin), the writers actually made something decent and formidable out of Vicki Vale for the very first time in decades (she was always a throwaway type of a gal in the original comics, boring as hell, just another damsel in distress).

No cons for me (aside from some audio gaps and frame rate glitches), I felt like I was watching another episode of AMC’s Breaking Bad, but with Batman-related characters in it, which is perfect, considering that there wasn’t any high quality, serious and thrilling Batman programme since BTAS in 1990’s (BATB was also awesome and great, but it’s mostly about making fun of the good old comics and other iconic takes of the Caped Crusader and his friends from DCU).
>>
The shit with the Vales got pretty fucking dark, didn't it?
>>
>>88464339
I'm not.
>>
>>88464339

He's not lying. Vicki Vale is in fact Lady Arkham, the leader of the Children of Arkham. She wears this Jinzo-esque outfit, and she has a power staff and boots that allow her to leap and kick with immense force.

She's actually quite a threatening villain, and she has the fight to end all fights with Bruce Wayne in the final episode. I mean, it's amazing. It literally collapses all of Arkham Asylum on their heads.
>>
So season 2 when?
>>
What did you guys think of "John Doe"?
>>
>>88462520
Make 2 saves you stupid fuck. The people saying this havent even beaten it. What happens to Harvey, Bruce and the company all depends on your choices.

>tfw I saved him from becoming 2 Face
>>
>>88464376

>tfw I saved him from becoming 2 Face

Physically, anyway.
>>
>>88464333
damn I didn't really like batman telltale but I have to agree with you the only rebirth comic I've really liked has been Batman annual #1 and that was mainly because of the Dini/Adams story

nice trips btw
>>
>>88464375
Did they really needed to shoehorned him in the last seconds? Like give it a proper conclusion for fuck' sake.
>>
>>88464376
have you even played the whole thing?
Harvey becomes Two-Face no matter what. the only thing you can do is stop him from getting the scars.
>>
>>88464400
>>88464414
No, I talked him down, convinced him to free all the hostages and Harvey was in control on mine at the end not Two Face.
>>
>>88464375
Personality and design wise, it's your standard Joker. Thought it was neat he knew Batman's identity already and was pretty affable though
>>88464403
It's probably for a potential season 2
>>
>>88464351
Yeah, it did. I seriously didn't expect, I thought Wayne killing the Arkham was motivation enough for Vicki to go full Lady Arkham, but after discovering that she tortured and abused when she was a child really set up the character to the next level and really nailed the type of setting that Telltale was going
>>
>>88464596
I'd be pretty pissed too if my parents were killed and I was sent to a mother and father who imprisoned me, while the child of my parents's murderer was living it up in a mansion, and the world went on
>>
>>88464643

Also, I might be wrong here, but is the madness-inducing drug actually the one used by Thomas Wayne to drive his victims insane?
>>
>>88464659
Could be the same, and it would explain how Vicki got a hold of it to make more
>>
>>88464659
I believe it cancelled out your inhibitions, but yeah, I think so. Giving it to people to make them seem crazed.
>>
If you didn't tell Alfred to go to hell and told him that he was a spineless coward who had no guts you have been playing wrong.
>>
>>88464752

No, man. No.

I would feel really, really bad about that.
>>
>Vicki created the Lady Arkham persona when she was stuck in the hole the Vales tortured her in.
>That same identity ultimately gets her killed as she's trying to escape yet another hole

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bitch. Loved the irony.
>>
Given how much Bruce looks like Archer, getting his ear blasted made me think of tinnitus and Bruce going "mawp!" midfight
>>
>>88464434
Dont worry anon its just /v/tards memeing. They play the game once and assume everyone got the same ending as them.

To save Harvey you have to
>Be nice and supportive to him
>Apologize for banging Selina
>Save him instead of Selina
>Back his campaign
>Keep reminding him that its not him
>Remind him he wanted a better Gotham
>Let the mansion burn
>Remind him who he is
>Put the coin in your pocket
>>
File: fuk u vicki and ur feefees.jpg (378KB, 1280x1824px) Image search: [Google]
fuk u vicki and ur feefees.jpg
378KB, 1280x1824px
>>88464752
Nah, man. It's better when you tell Vicki to go fuck herself when you confront her in the Asylum
>>
>>88464934
Your mother deserved Arkham!

I really like how being a jackass Batman wasn't a completely gauche route given how self-righteous and insufferable Two-Face, Penguin, and the rest are. They were so ethically putrid that a dark part of you would have been just fine pushing their buttons or smacking them down, and thus, it was believable that Bruce would want to hurt them that badly as well.

Joker was all right though. Cool guy.
>>
>>88464932

I've never got that! Even when Harvey was going to shoot himself - I was his bro for life - he still suffered a complete mental breakdown when I pocketed the coin and was like "Sure, but no one can stop him" when I told him I was going to get him help.

If you send Harvey to the Asylum, he's there when you break in.
>>
>>88465087

Frankly, I really hated Penguin. I'm surprised we couldn't hurt him more than we did. Like, I felt more sorry for Arkham than I did for Cobblepot, though Cobblepot does have a good reason to be pissed at you too.
>>
>>88465087
Telling Selina to fuck off in Episode 5 is was also a nice moment, really it felt really good

https://youtu.be/bg0a24Zca10?t=1650
>>
>>88465208
>Can make Harvey into Two-Face
>says he'll smash the faces of his bullies when he grows up
>Can be defeated by a giant stone face of his ancestor in Episode 5

Nice.
>>
>>88465364

To be fair, I felt like I'd won a victory in keeping Harvey from being horribly scarred. Sure he's fucked up inside, but at least he's not ugly on the outside, you know?

I'm sorry, Selina. BROS BEFORE HOS.

Harvey, once he goes off the deep end, is a *terrible* bro. He broke the code when he tried to get his fascists to shoot me in the head execution-style. You don't do that to a bro, bro.
>>
>>88465430
It really says something that I really didn't want him to shoot himself and that I almost wanted to give him back his coin after he got into that fetal position.

Shit was tragic no matter how it was sliced.
>>
>>88464026
The mechanic. I just found it tedious
>>
How did your guys Bruce/Batman end up ? I got compassionate
>>
>>88466746
>Stayed platonic friends with Selina, didn't feel right betraying Harvey
>Saved Selina, let Harvey get face fucked because at the time I thought it was a given.
>Tried to stay true bro to Harvey as much as possible.
>Broke some people but never went full Miller Bats.
>Most of the time I tried to repair the Bruce Wayne image that my father had fucked up.
>Alfred is family.
>Genuinely believe Bruce Wayne can do more good than Batman.
>I tried the Key.
>>
>>88465244
holy shit... it's so smooth... what the fuck

i played on xbox and there were so many instances of hitches and missing fight audio and pauses in between camera changes, it really messed with the flow of pretty much every fight. god damn.

why are telltale's console teams such shit.
>>
I preferred to fight Harvey in episode four and the Penguin confrontation in five. The battle against Dent was cooler and more emotionally charged, and same for the Penguin showdown in five.

Plus it's the only way to get the Harvey cameo in the final episode. It would've felt wrong if I finished the game without him making an appearance.
>>
>>88464932
You can't save Harvey, they still make it clear that Two-Face persona won't simply go away.
>>
>>88467608
Yeah, but it's relatively more optimistic and at least lets Harvey come to his senses before his part in the story is over.
>>
>>88467457
I prefer taking down Penguin and giving him his cripple leg and talking down Harvey in five.

Regardless both of their VAs did amazing and made me love both of them
>>
Hated what Lady Arkham turned out to be. Just another petty bitch hellbent on fucking over people who had no connection to her whatsoever. I was hoping she would have slightly less petty motivations.
>>
>decided to attend press conference as batman
I fucked up. What a waste.
>>
>>88461011
It started out great but then completely fizzled at the end. Episode 4 was hugely downhill from the first three. Everything with Harvey and Selina turned into a joke.
>>
>>88469016
>implying Harvey's confrontation in four or five isn't GOAT
>not shipping CatBat
It's like you're a faggit or something
>>
>>88467608
Well no shit its a mental illness it wont just go away but Harvey won in the end not Two Face. He let the hostages go, didnt kill Bruce, surrendered and was willing to get help.
>>
>>88468993
I prefer Jokers line at the end of the Batman one though.
>>
File: 1461747564694.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
1461747564694.gif
2MB, 330x166px
If you didn't choose Red for the Bat-Tech color then get out of my face.
>>
>>88468948
It wasn't just about her, though, but all the people wronged by Gotham. Nothing hinted that she was using Oswald, despite what Bruce says, and she at least knew Blockbuster, Joker, and Zsasz well enough.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.