[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here unironically like the old Batman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

File: Burt-Ward-and-Adam-West.jpg (28KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
Burt-Ward-and-Adam-West.jpg
28KB, 590x350px
Does anyone here unironically like the old Batman?
>>
What is this? A troll?
It was never made to be enjoyed any other way.
>>
I love it. It's great to watch with a woman who's into cheesy jokes and Batman. With or without drinks, it's good.
>>
Westbat is Bestbat.

Seriously though, it's a funny show if you're into that sort of humor.
>>
>>88460185
I like it. The offbeat humour genuinely makes me giggle.
>>
File: 1480783554450.jpg (39KB, 478x373px) Image search: [Google]
1480783554450.jpg
39KB, 478x373px
>>88460185
>Does anyone here unironically like the old Batman?
>>
>consuming media in any other fashion other than complete sincerity
>>
>>88460185

yes.

especially that new Caped Crusaders animated movie they did.
>>
>>88460185
Everybody with taste does. You don't don't to be a 'I like it ironically' hipster to have a sense of humour, m8.

Batman 66 is brilliant. Probably the best comedy America has ever produced.
>>
>>88460185
It's the best Batman-related media, how could I not?
>>
>His Gotham was safe
>Everyone loved him
>Worked within the law instead of against it
>Never lost a Robin
>His Batmobile had insurance

Growing up isn't realizing that the Joker is right, it's realizing that >>88460664
>Westbat is Bestbat.
>>
File: Bravo Nolan.png (2MB, 1280x2952px) Image search: [Google]
Bravo Nolan.png
2MB, 1280x2952px
>>88461465
Return of the Caped Crusaders was a masterpiece
>>
>>88460185
Yes
Because it's FUN, nigga
>>
There's a reason they gave it a comic revival.
>>
Well I have all 30 issues of the comic, so yeah.

Love it to death.
>>
File: 1432935983520.jpg (9KB, 131x184px) Image search: [Google]
1432935983520.jpg
9KB, 131x184px
Bruce will never as classy as West again
>>
This board is 18+

Everyone loves West Batman, it's a fantastic show.
>>
>>88462355
Not fun for me
>>
>that fucking episode where Batman and Joker are surfing against an obvious greenscreen

it's great
>>
>>88460185
Damn right I do.

He's the only good Batman.
>>
It was literally made "ironically". "Camp" is just the 60's term for it.

It's a sendup of 50's Batman comics.
>>
File: Fun Police Phantom Frank.png (898KB, 442x1282px) Image search: [Google]
Fun Police Phantom Frank.png
898KB, 442x1282px
>>88462791
>>
>>88464233
It took itself seriously in the early episodes
>>
>>88460185
>>88460185
Me
>>
>>88460185
Still better than canon grim dark Batman.
>>
>>88460185
What? It's a comedy. Comedy is ironic.
>>
>>88464259
It took itself seriously in every episode. That was the key. The humor wouldn't have worked otherwise.
West played it as if it was absolute hard drama. If they'd played it "Nod Nod wink wink We're self aware" it wouldn't have had the same impact.

Also, Kids loved it because to them it was "Seriously real" and adults loved it because they got the humor. Very few shows have been able to that off.
>>
>>
>>88465427
I'm saying the early episodes aren't "ironically self-aware but played straight" that the rest has been known to be. There is only a bit of it on the humor, but it was actually supposed to be taken seriously most of the time.

The difference is clear when you watch the '66 movie. A porpoise sacrificing itself to save Batman and Robin would never happen in the early episodes.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.