[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were the 2 most interesting characters (Wally and Aqualad)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: young-justice[1].jpg (502KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
young-justice[1].jpg
502KB, 2000x1000px
Why were the 2 most interesting characters (Wally and Aqualad) the 2 characters who got the least amount of screen time?
This especially doesn't make sense since Aqualad is the team leader and Wally is the most powerful member in the comics.
>>
File: shawnteyfriends.png (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
shawnteyfriends.png
1MB, 1024x1024px
>>88459747

Aqualad was lame as fuck until Season 2 and Wally was just lame as fuck.

Best character was Roy
>>
>>88459747
Rule 1: Flash is always depowered in team books and cross-overs. This is a fact that has been apparent since the 1960's, so get used to it because it's not changing anytime soon.
Rule 2: Regardless of characterization, a large number of people watching or reading an adaption or work will find a relatively stable leader figure "boring". I have no idea why this is, but it is an observable fact.

So that answers both questions.
Just make sure you actually want answers rather then came on here to whine, because literally no one cares about that.
>>
>>88459899
>Regardless of characterization, a large number of people watching or reading an adaption or work will find a relatively stable leader figure "boring"

what was not boring about Aqualad? The only solo story he had in S1 was the one where he goes to Atlantis and has a --DUN DUN DUN--AWKWARD LOVE TRIANGLE
>>
>>88459747
Okay so I'm pretty unfamiliar with YJ, can somebody give me a brief explanation to the fucking martian chick? Is she just an extension of Jonn's cabin fever induced psychic insanity like fucking everything in his nu52 run turned out to be?
>>
>>88459990

she's J'onn's neice M'Gann. Apparently he has hundreds of neices so he didn't really know her before she came to earth with him. Also the Martians are all alive in YJ-verse. Her entire persona (including that green humanoid appearance she has in OP's pic) is copied from the MC of an old sitcom that she grew up watching over and over. Also martians in this show looklike disgusting bug monsters in their true form ALSO ALSO she's secretly a white martian who pretends to be green.
>>
>>88459990
>>88460065
She's a white martian, I thought that was the reason behind her horrifying bug appearance, Jon's pure form jsut has a weirder forehead I think.

Also what's up with martians? Are they shapeshifters or is that an illusion?
>>
Well in season 2 Aqualad was undercover and pretending to work for his father- so that's why he didn't have much screen time then.
In season 1 the M'gann and Connor relationship and "OOO MYSTERY" was eating up all the screentime.
>>
>>88460065
Okay cool, I'd have probably used some spoiler tags at the end but I would have clicked it anyway so I'm not mad.
It sounds pretty cool, ripping off a TV show sounds like a Martian thing to do. I think I'm gonna check out JLA first, still but probably will get around to Young Justice.
>>
>>88460093
They're shapeshifters

That's why when M'gann blood was transfused into Garfield he turned green and got his shapeshifting powers (which doesn't make sense since she's a white martian)

So the Speedforce doesn't exist and neither does the Red
>>
>>88460093
>Are they shapeshifters or is that an illusion?
shapeshifters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMUas9j0h1Q
>>
File: latest[1].png (96KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
96KB, 350x263px
>>88460093
>Jon's pure form jsut has a weirder forehead I think

in most universes yes but there was another green one in this show confirming they all look pretty monstery

>Are they shapeshifters or is that an illusion?

Shapeshifters. In Miss Martian's case she keeps her shape when knocked unconscious, and I'm pretty sure there's a part where she grows gills to breathe underwater.
>>
>>88460093
They're shape shifters, some better than others, in the comics.
J'onnis actually a bit of a super weapon made when Martian's best and brightest got merged together into a fucking super weapon, of sorts(with black magic, to fucking boot as if J'onn's not OP enough)
J'onn himself was chosen to be a framework and dominant personality of the Manhunter
>>
>>88459747
why the fuck do people like Wally so much in this? I cant stand him for whatever reason. His voice, his face, his costume, his personality, i just cant dont like him. Impulse was way better.

I've always loved wally, i just cant stand this version of him and I dont understand why people like him so much.
>>
>>88459969
Season 1 I like him fighting with himself to be a leader or trying to come up with the most logical solution. Wanted to see him struggle more with teammates when he tried to lead them, maybe form a bond when he learns more about them. But no one ever challaged him.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.