[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ava's Demon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: start.png (264KB, 848x748px) Image search: [Google]
start.png
264KB, 848x748px
I haven't been following Ava's Demon lately but /v/, out of all places, told me that
>Whatever service [the author] had for keeping the site up charged her extra for all hits and sjws ddos'd her
and apparently it cost her thousands of dollars. What the hell happened there?
>>
It's a good comic (albeit with pacing issues) that never fucking updates.
>>
>>88458174
Maybe that's why?
>>
>>88458410
Actually, she takes long breaks to produce physical books and goods.
>>
>>88458636
Yeah, she ran to VERY successful Kickstarters and got so much money that she had to hire a small team to help order and ship everything
She's still working on it that's how much money she got
>>
>>88459359
>when you support a comic creator you like so much you kill her comic
>>
>>88459545
>what is the story of homestuck
>>
>>88457830
One person went full retard because she didn't write any asexuals in her comic. Everything that's happened so far turned out to have been one person with far too much dedication towards ruining everything.
She/she/it also sends false pedophillia flags to any website she posts a picture on as part of this.
TLDR
DDOS attacks
Spammed false pedo charges
Rage spam in general
>>
>>88459359
>she had to hire a small team to help order and ship everything
Sounds about right for a reasonably successful Kickstarter. Rewards are a lot of logistics.
>>
>>88459626

Now thats dedication.
>>
>>88459626
It wasn't even because she didn't write any asexual characters, it was because of a scene where a character's little sister was making fun of her older brother for being a virgin and apparently that made Michelle "acephobic"
>>
File: crow_and_raven_arrow_taunt.png (703KB, 600x924px) Image search: [Google]
crow_and_raven_arrow_taunt.png
703KB, 600x924px
>>88462133
Yep, this scene
>>
>>88463433
"crow is going to steal the girls that are throwing themselves at me"
>said by crwo pretending to be odin
>so the girls are throwing themselves at odin then?
this still bothers me
>>
>>88464093
Crow's being sarcastic.
Pic related must be part of the tumblr reaction, note the bold text:
>characters saying and doing problematic things is okay, as long as it is punished by the narrative
>>
File: 87wQl.gif (2MB, 540x297px) Image search: [Google]
87wQl.gif
2MB, 540x297px
>>88464430
>Ava's Demon is allonormative. Michelle Czajkowski is acephobic and arophobic
>>
People seem to really like this comic, but does it bother anybody else that all of the characters are so boring and the world still feels practically nonexistent? I've followed the comic since it first launched, and while the art is pretty and some ideas are cool, I'm not at all invested in the characters because they're all unlikable or underdeveloped, and I still don't have a real grasp of the world/universe. The whole thing just feels like it rings hollow, it's pretty on the surface but there's no much going on underneath.
>>
>>88464796
cute girls
>>
>>88464796
We like watching Ava grow, shit got awesomely real when Ava became the demon
>>
File: wrathiahegao.png (382KB, 432x600px) Image search: [Google]
wrathiahegao.png
382KB, 432x600px
>>
>>88464948
I mean, it was a cool moment, but Ava was a piece of cardboard leading up to that point so I couldn't find myself to care about what was happening to her. The only thing that interests me is if that's going to be permanent from here on out, or what.
>>
>>88464796
Well... It's only the beginning of the comic
Seriously, if author desides to fuck up this comic, it will be my greatest disappointment after Berserk
>>
>>88465000
>you will never fuck a stoned Wrathia like a savage animal
fucking kill me now
>>
>>88462133
My apologies. It's been so long that I remembered it incorrectly and confuzzled it with one of his miscellaneous attacks against her.
>>
>>88465321
she looks like someone's already fucked her mouth and left it on her face
>>
>>88464796
It's the update schedule... just like with a lot of these serialized comics if you read them all in one sitting, the character development and changes all seem really good and well paced, but then when you're dealing with weeks or months between updates the characters all of a sudden seem very static and it feels like stuff is going nowhere.

Take Endtown as an example. A lot of readers have complained about some characters acting too static or others acting 'out-of-character' lately, but if you reread everything that's happened so far with the characters, the progression seems much more natural and changes that seem out of place don't seem quite so bad.

Once the comic starts updating regularly again (I think MC just finished the last batch of Kickstarter rewards this month so maybe January?) things will get back on track
>>
>>88464796
>but does it bother anybody else that all of the characters are so boring and the world still feels practically nonexistent?
We're not even into the meat of of it yet actually
Everything up until now was just setup
>>
>>88464796
I mostly just appreciate the stellar (albeit textbook) use of color theory. The plot is still at it's beginning stages, sadly. Especially when you consider how long it's been at the beginning stages.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.