[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Agree, /co/? Also, Wimpy Kid thread, I guess.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (662KB, 1914x1382px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
662KB, 1914x1382px
Agree, /co/?

Also, Wimpy Kid thread, I guess.
>>
>>88457813
>doesn't include the original web journal that premiered a new page every few days that took course over an entire school year and had the material for the first three books
Catch up on that diary of a wimpy kid lore you filthy casual
>>
>Agree, /co/?
I've read all of them and I literally have no idea if I agree.

These books blur together so bad you could read a whole chapter and I wouldn't be able to tell you which book it was from.
>>
File: 1481350406508.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481350406508.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>88457813
>>88457813
>Double Down
>good
>Cabin Fever
>bad
>>
>>88457813
>11 books
>kid starts 7th grade in the first book

How old is Greg at this point?
>>
>>88457985
I think The Ugly Truth addresses that Greg doesn't grow up in these books, like Bart forever in the 4th grade
>>
Is there a torrent of all of these? I can't say I ever read past the first book, but I remember it being weirdly really good
>>
>>88457813
I remember reading the first 4 books in middle school. They were pretty fun to read. Read the fifth one as well but I don't remember much from it.

I imagine books 6-11 are pretty much more of the same?
>>
>>88457813

> Mom buys him a diary instead of a journal

>"Muh stupid mum, now I'm gonna get bullied at school!"

>Buys same exact diary annually for the next decade or so
>>
i stopped reading after cabin fever was released. do you guys actually keep up with this series or is this thread just filled with 14 year olds?
>>
>>88458436
The fuck do you think? This board has a dedicated thomas the tank engine fanbase
>>
> 11 books

man these school story comic writers really know how to churn these out.
>>
>>88457813
Rodrick Rules was the GOAT scholastic book fair pick up
>>
>>88458436
I'd read the if someone gave me a link
>>
>>88457813
I've read up to The Long Haul.
I can barely remember anything from the books, though.
>>
>>88458592
Excited for the movie version of that book?

Yes, they're making another movie with a brand new cast
>>
>>88458639
Is it a reboot or are they continuing where they have left off?
>>
>>88458051
I thought it was the complete opposite

as a matter of fact, I remember the author talking about making him an aging cartoon character
>>
>>88457985
He wouldn't be making these books by the time he starts sophomore in high school
>>
>>88458255
He started calling it a "Journal" and said he'd sell it when he was famous. Surely by the time he finished writing the first one he started enjoying himself and continued. Also, those journals are the one fucking productive thing he ever does at all, so maybe writing them makes him feel less like a useless little shit and deludes him into thinking he's on his way to becoming a star.
>>
>>>/lit/
Fucking retards. Just because it has a cartoony drawing doesn't make it a cartoon. Especially not if the movie is live action.
Same goes for fucking Goosebumps.
Why the fuck is there never a Wayside thread? At least that had an animated show based on it.
>>
>>88458930
There is ever a Wayside thread.
Just not very often.
>>
>>88458676
Continuing where they left off, but it takes place one year after Dog Days
>>
>>88457813
Jesus, there are eleven books now? I remember thinking it was past its prime by the fourth one.
>>
>>88461277
For me it was the fifth one since it was about growing up and puberty
>>
>>88457905
This. I read them as they came out when I was 12
>>
>>88458720
This pretty much
>>
>>88457905
I keep seeing this, where can I see this web journal?
>>
>>88462280
http://www.funbrain.com/journal/Journal.html?ThisJournalDay=1&ThisPage=1
>>
>>88462577
How long did this last?
>>
I stopped with Ugly Truth and frankly it's where it should have stopped since the whole point of that book was Greg reflecting on himself and realize he has to grow the fuck up.
>>
>>88458870
this
>>
>>88462869
I stopped giving a shit about these books after Cabin Fever
>>
>>88457813
>Last Straw and Cabin Fever are the worst
>Rodrick Rules is the best
I would give Dog Days the face for Third Wheel, but perfect otherwise.
>>
>>88458930
I was under the impression /lit/ looked down upon children's book threads.
Meanwhile, such threads on /co/ are usually very comfy.
>>
>>88457813
I stopped reading after The Third Wheel. Greg was so god damn annoying in that one. I have Hard Luck but I've never read it.
>>
>>88466429
What did he do in that one?
>>
These books blend together like none other, I've read up to Old School and couldn't tell you any major plot lines besides Greg and Rowley mucking about. I feel like Kinney's just going to keep milking the cow till it's dead, but I wouldn't mind seeing some age/character progression with all people involved at some point.
>>
18+
>>
>>88466846
I honestly can't remember. I think he just complains the entire book because Rowley has a girlfriend and not him.
>>
>>88465399
You guys should ignore them and force /lit/ to enjoy it.
>>
>>88467599
I doubt it, besides, most of /co/ read the books when they watched the movies where Greg's douchiness went all the way to 11
>>
>>88467879
So it's another book where Greg gets pissy about Rowley getting everything and Greg getting nothing?
>>
>>88467647
There are people who unironically watch Disney Junior shows on this board.
>>
File: wimpy kid.jpg (752KB, 1914x1382px) Image search: [Google]
wimpy kid.jpg
752KB, 1914x1382px
>>88457813
i gotchu op
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.