[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interview about Odyssey of the Amazons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 84127._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (39KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
84127._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg
39KB, 360x360px
and B&W textless preview

Apparently the Amazons are ethnically diverse because they traveled the world recruiting warriors. I'm interested now. Seems more my type of thing than whatever Rucka is doing now.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/odyssey-amazons-kevin-grevioux-wonder-woman-prequel-955527
>>
File: Odyssey1.jpg (731KB, 800x1214px) Image search: [Google]
Odyssey1.jpg
731KB, 800x1214px
>>
File: Odyssey2.jpg (452KB, 800x619px) Image search: [Google]
Odyssey2.jpg
452KB, 800x619px
>>
File: Odyssey3.jpg (795KB, 800x1214px) Image search: [Google]
Odyssey3.jpg
795KB, 800x1214px
>>
I like the art
>>
Hessia is the black amazon from SM/WW that had the Not-Witchblade armor which Nu52 Cassie also used, right?

What's up with those armors, anyway?
>>
Why do they have to take away all the magical elements of the Amazons?

The original explanation was that Amazons were resurrected spirits of civilian women killed by men during war, from all over the world.
>>
>>88451246

That's fucking awful. George Perez had a lot of stupid ideas.

I want my daughters of Ares, please.
>>
>>88451246
They are immortal. That's still magic involved, moron.
>>
File: ww1_01_09_wwa6.jpg (102KB, 387x358px) Image search: [Google]
ww1_01_09_wwa6.jpg
102KB, 387x358px
>>88451484
>>88451508
Rucka did put in the Year One story that they were made by Ares and Harmonia, right?

Also, in the New 52 they apparently had a fountain of youth (in the Finches run), which was the Golden Age explanation for the immortality as well (and before anyone says it, yes, the Amazons were immortal in Azz' run).

Maybe it still is the explanation for the immortality in Rebirth because Diana is aging.
>>
>>88451632

>Maybe it still is the explanation for the immortality in Rebirth because Diana is aging.

Diana age in Rebirth?
>>
>>88451632

How the fuck haven't writers explore these fountain of youth? You could tied it to the Lazarus' pits and have a mad story where Ra's tries to invade the island.

I think Wagner did something like that once.
>>
>>88451666
I think it was stated that it was a possibility in the Rebirth #1 issue, but in any case it was mentioned in an interview
She ages outside the island
>>
>>88451721

Is that an attempt to stop the SM/WW shipping?
>>
>>88451707
When Damian was dead Batman went to Themyscira to find an off shoot Lazarus pit.
>>
>>88451749

Did he find it?
>>
>>88451707
>You could tied it to the Lazarus' pits and have a mad story where Ra's tries to invade the island.

I think it may happen in Batman '66/Wonder Woman '77
Probably not related to a Lazarus' pit though
>>
So they find a badass woman, pump her full of Purple Ray/Golden Fountain water, and presto, instant Amazon?
>>
>>88451824

What the purple ray even do? I thought they healed the amazons, but if you've the fountain...
>>
This is actually one of the most highly anticipated books for me. Mythological Fantasy at its best.
>>
>>88451824
Aren't most of post-Crisis Amazons regular "human peak" women and immortal?
No difference there

They could always have something else being done anyway
>>
Holy shit, if take the bracelet of submission that also serve to help the amazons control their rage and strength and mix with it with their fountain of youth, you could say that the fountain is actually a Larazus' pit and that the amazon need their bracelets to contain the madness produced by the pit's healing waters.

I just pulled a Morrison.
>>
>>88451632
Why isn't anyone bitching that Rucka made Ares and Harmonia the Amazons' patrons like in the <misogynistic> myths?
>>
>>88451901
Cool theory but

>making a connection to Batman

no thanks
>>
>>88451927

It's just the Lazarus' pit.
>>
>>88451246
That's way better than this desu.
>>
>>88452175
so? go read it then
some of us want different things and not what has been done for 30 years already
>>
By the way, ethnically diverse is not just "they are of different races"

>We were looking at the great epic poems, like the Iliad, Jason and the Argonauts — what if we did something with the Amazons that had that same epic power. That's how it really started. In this one, we have, essentially, the origins of the Amazons. Where they came from, why there are so many across the planet? One of the legends of the Amazons is that they began in the Middle East, others have them near Greece, there was even a kind of Amazon in Africa amongst the Senegalese peoples. There were even the Valkyries in Norse mythology. What I wanted to do was find a way to explain that all these powerful women exist for a reason. The series is about these women traveling around the world and finding more of their kind, while trying to answer the question why they exist, and how they are who they are. It's very interesting.

>we're creating an international group of Amazons from difficult cultures, for the future. We'll be seeing Aztec Amazons, Persian Amazons, German Amazons, Chinese Amazons, Slavic Amazons. It's just great.

It may end up being terrible, but I'm interested
>>
Sounds like the Bana-Mighdall.
>>
>>88452326
Worst case scenario it's Fighting Round the World + Boobs.

That has inherent promise.
>>
>>88452326
>Aztec Amazons

Sold
>>
>>88450828
looks like shit
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.