[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about this show for a sec?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 14

File: Mighty_Magiswords_logo.png (29KB, 250x115px) Image search: [Google]
Mighty_Magiswords_logo.png
29KB, 250x115px
I feel like this cartoon was a let down. not that it''s trash or that it's horrible but i was honestly expecting something of xiaolin showdown caliber, what with the focus being put on action, magical artifacts, and humor.

after watching a decent amount of episodes i feel 2 things about it.

1.this cartoon is fairly decent and a sure step up from teen titans go, but there isn't anything about it that sets it apart from anything else. I wouldn't say it's BLAND, it's just seems like it straddling the line of being really manufactured. every thing about it seems shallow, fun but shallow...

2.i think this IP would be better as a game. Think ratchet&clank but instead of traveling through space with guns your venturing through the kingdom with magi-swords. I feel like the Lol,So Random!!1ness and the magi-swords gimmick would be better appreciated in a interactive setting. the show already is entertaining a """""interactive experience""""" with the whole ''get your own magi sword by scanning the tv with this app!!!1!" thing but if you left the flavor of the show the same but instead format it as a game i would really be into that, i dout that will ever happen but a lurker can dream...

3.BonusPoint- Vambre is a qt and i like her, as shallow as this show may be

so what do ya'll think?
>>
Liked it better when it was called Slayers
>>
>>88450302
that doesn't sound like something CN would allow to air. also ''slayers'' is a really generic name. it's easier to make money off of,market,and sell something unique like MM
>>
>>88450263
From what I've seen, it seems like a really Adventure Time kinda show.
>>
>>88450428
it is, but it isn't

if you take away the mature themes from adventure times as well as the deeper lore and replaced it with a higher dose of childish-but-not-to-childish-acceptable-humor than you pretty much have MM
>>
>>88450400
He wasn't being literal, it was a jab at the fact that it's often compared to an anime named Slayers. There aren't actually enough similarities to call it a ripoff though imo.
>>
>>88450616
>i made a goof
my bad, thanks for the info
>>
File: bath.png (113KB, 273x293px) Image search: [Google]
bath.png
113KB, 273x293px
>>88450263
I feel the opposite. I expected it to be utter trash, but after actually watching it I think it's alright. But I agree that it would work better as a video game franchise
>>
File: 161119105239844.png (383KB, 720x418px) Image search: [Google]
161119105239844.png
383KB, 720x418px
I like it. With Adventure time only airing a few episodes in the past half-year and Uncle Grandpa having the occasional marathon in order to burn the show off completely it was nice to have a goofy fantasy adventure cartoon in the rotation. I don't expect the show to develop into something more than is already is but I wouldn't mind a game and I hope when it's time is up someone on the team goes on to make another, equally enjoyable cartoon.
>>
>>88450744
>>88450862
so how gr8 do you m8s r8 it on a scale of 1/10?
>>
>>88450616
>here aren't actually enough similarities to call it a ripoff

its pretty clear that the creator was a big fan; the main characters early designs are literally Lena and Goury
>>
>>88452065
4/10 needs slower pacing
>>
>rocky and bullwinkle rapid fire dialogue is annoying as fuck
>Zero context given, assuming I watched the web show. That's annoying as fuck.
>Pumkin sword off the bat was annoying two, see reason 2, just too zany, too fast.
I didn't hate it, but it wasn't for me.
>>
>>88452065
8/8
>>
File: questioning.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
questioning.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>88452147
>>88452209
>>88452465
to be honest i think what hinders the show is a lack of deeper narrative that would naturally slow it down and give it substance. mabye i'm just saying that because we're in a post-Adventuretime/Stevenuniverse media consumption world but i really feel like MM dropped the ball in those regards
>>
>>88454414
Honestly, that just means it fills a different niche. I eat up lore, but there's gotta be other ways of fixing this show without tampering with the format that much.
>>
The show could be slowed down a 1/4 or 1/8 and I would not notice and enjoy it.

It's too fast paced, they talk to fast, and everything is too rapid for my slow mind to handle.

I can't wait for a few years to shitpost the girl as my obscure waifu though.
>>
>>88454414
Absolutely not. Not every freaking cartoon needs to be "deep and complex" nowadays.
>>
>>88455193
>freaking
jeez man tone down on the profanity
>>
>>88454414
The show already has history, continuity and worldbuilding. Pretty much every episode so far has introduced a new character, location and/or magisword, most of which have already appeared multiple times. They almost certainly won't but they've laid the groundwork to go balls deep whenever they want.
>>
>>88450263
Fuck you, I like it.
>>
File: vambre.png (267KB, 766x901px) Image search: [Google]
vambre.png
267KB, 766x901px
>>88450263
Their newer episodes are slowing down the pacing now, and some of the new characters i would like to see more of, like Squirt
Anyways, heres some Vambre i drew recently
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-10-27-18h57m19s117.png (556KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-10-27-18h57m19s117.png
556KB, 1280x738px
I think this show is a high-speed waifu delivery service, and even if some jokes fall flat I can still enjoy the show.
>>
File: 1477874525578.png (961KB, 1482x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1477874525578.png
961KB, 1482x1186px
>>88456160
I appreciate all the Vambre pics we've received over the last couple of months. But I'd like to see the other women in the show drawn every once in a while.
>>
>>88452065
First guy here, I'd say the average episode is a 5 or 6/10. A few things that hold it back are the fast pacing, and the jokes are kind of hit and miss. But overall, I enjoy watching it. It's a simple show, and fun to watch one or two episodes per day.
>>
>>88456160

Gosh dang, Jas, and just after I sheathed my sword for the night, guess there's still work to be done.
>>
>>88454414

This feels like sort of a blend of herbs and spices of what other shows do, some of the world building and laying groundwork like Adventure Time did only without centering plots around it and having it go nowhere for a few seasons, while still maintaining a healthy focus on comedy like Gumball does. Though we don't need '2deep4u' lore, it might be nice to have a beefier plot once in a while.
>>
Why does Vambre have a British accent when her brother doesn't nor does anybody else in the show?
>>
>>88458198

She wants to act like characters she read about in a book, including their British-ness. Something along those lines.
>>
While the animation isn't that great, it's nice to see a CN show that isn't in their usual artstyle.
>>
>>88456314
I, too, would like more art of girl Captain Kirk.
>>
The only good to come from this shit is the occasional reaction image.
>>
This has been in development in one way or another for over a decade and it still turns out okay at best with some good scenes sprinkled in

Damn
>>
>>88450263
I think you need to go fuck yourself. I'll proudly watch this show over anything considered "popular" right now. This show looks and feels different, for one thing - that, and it actually made me laugh out loud, too, compared to anything considered "popular" around here.

I love this damn show - the only thing needed is some continued world-building (it should not just be in the shorts...) and to slow down on the pacing and this could end up being an all-time favorite from CN for me.
>>
>>88456160

Vambre has some pudge localized in her vaginal area and for some reason that shit turns me on. I wanna fuck her pudgy vagina.
>>
File: lol k.jpg (9KB, 231x250px) Image search: [Google]
lol k.jpg
9KB, 231x250px
>>88455193
i just can't shake the feeling like there is something missing tho, the magi swords are, the thing that keeps this show from being cookie cutter, ain't much more than a gimmick. you could literally the plot into ''wizards for hire'' and replace the swords with wacky magic spells and the show would be exactly the same...of course it doesn't need to have ''muh deep and complex'' in it but i can't shack the feeling of lost potential

>>88455302
>they most certainly wont
boo

>>88455881
m8, i like it to, i'm just saying it SEEMS as if it's wasting potential.

>>88457759
Thank you, you pretty much explained how i feel better than i ever could

>>88461036
go see my reply to >>88455881

>>88456160
>>88456250
>>88456314
>>88457670
>>88458246
>>88460691
>>88461075
one thing i CAN NOT deny is that this show is great at characterization. Shit, the show even has me giving a fuck what the damn pumkin sword has to say.

Also the fact that this show is a waifu factory doesn't hurt
>Vambre being a down to earth AND thicc
>The princess getting horny from looking at ''dirty pirates''
>The Ghost Girl
>mfw.jpg
>>
I still don't like the way the show looks but save for a few exceptions I've always had a hard time getting into any cartoon with such a strong John K influence on its overall look.

It doesn't really come across as funny to me and it's way too fast paced.

I don't need lore, I don't need worldbuilding, and I don't need continuity either but I could really go with some consistency. This show seems to be confused about its overall identity. It's pulling itself in so many directions while it's trying to figure itself out. Even its own theme song seems to clash with whatever else it's doing.

Also I'm kinda past the whole "self-conscious humor in a faux-medieval setting" as a genre.

I just want something that's hilarious with a less annoying aesthetic and has a clearer sense of itself and what it's doing.

Maybe I'll come around on this show someday. I really hope I do. With a Season 2 already in the pipeline and most of Season 1 already in the can there's a lot of potential progress to look forward to.
>>
File: 1170.jpg (17KB, 457x445px) Image search: [Google]
1170.jpg
17KB, 457x445px
>>88450263
>looks like a show with TONS of cool toys series
>No toys
>>
>>88450400
Um, anon. Creator of Magi Sword favourite anime is the Slayers and an influence of his.
>>
>>88461036
Fuck off hipster.

Always going against the grain, huh?
>>
File: reaction ooh ah.jpg (10KB, 154x193px) Image search: [Google]
reaction ooh ah.jpg
10KB, 154x193px
>>88463538
op here
>be me
>go to MM wiki
>wiki doesn't beat around the bush about how vambre and prohyas are based on slayers
>mfw vambre's description page makes sure to point out vambres ''thick thighs''
>tfw what a time to be alive
>>
File: ICan'tTakeIt.png (259KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ICan'tTakeIt.png
259KB, 480x360px
>>88463513
ACTUALLY

>looks like a show that should really be a game
>no sign of game being made, closest thing would be the "wowzers get your own magisword with this app!" thing
>>
File: tumblr_ohl8fuBQu51rvyrsao2_1280.png (140KB, 567x717px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohl8fuBQu51rvyrsao2_1280.png
140KB, 567x717px
>>88456250
Hard to believe nobody has done something with her and Vambre comparing to see who's more thicker.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.