[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this the biggest bate and switch in comics ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Was this the biggest bate and switch in comics ever?
>>
>>88443438
That would be Thunderbolts #1.
>>
>>88443438
Throughout the 90's DC kept baiting the return of the GLC and the Kryptonians. Only to have it all be a dream or some illusion created by a villain.
>>
>>88443438
She's almost definitely coming back since New 52 Superman is already confirmed to be returning.
>>
>>88443438
From what I heard, back when it was being published monthly, Return of Barry Allen was the biggest bait-switch.

Waid says he would have been probably murdered for it if he did it today.
>>
>>88443438
>>88443458
>>88445303
That's nothing.

Steve Gerber did a superhero team book for the Ultraverse where it was solicited as an ongoing. Then after a few issues the entire team was killed and the book was cancelled with no previous announcement. They even swerved the retailers and sent them fake solicits for issues that didn't exist and then had to refund all the orders.
>>
>>88443438
>bate and switch
>>
>>88445426
>refunded retailers for a prank
Amazing.
>>
>>88445426
That's sounds pretty funny how'd they die anyways?
>>
>>88443438
So is new 52 Lois dead for good now? Kinda fucked up that dead universe Lois is just going to take her place
>>
>>88445510
I don't remember, though I wanna say they died in a explosion? That's probably wrong. I'd have to look it up.
>>
>>88445549
Was it popular back then, ove never heard of them?
>>
>>88445569
The Ultraverse was a moderately popular up-and-coming shared superhero universe that was putting up a mildly respectable fight against DC and Marvel in the early-mid-90s. They eventually got big enough that Marvel considered them a potential threat and bought the whole thing out just so they could shut it down and eliminate a competitor. During their time (I wanna say 2 or 3 years, but I don't remember exactly how long it lasted) they never sold big numbers, but they at least sold enough to get comic fans' attention and were slowly but steadily growing throughout their lifetime. They also were probably the last comics company that made actual effort to get their comics on grocery store spinner racks.
>>
>>88445485
>>88445426
That's fantastic.

>>88443438
Too bad, Lana is annoying as fuck. I preferred Lois
>>
>>88443438
>ever
Absolutely not.

However it is a very good one in today's time.
I'm still surprised Jimenez had the balls to kill off the character with more fans, even if she's going to be back soon like Superbro.
Not surprised with DC letting him do it though since they have the other Lois.
>>
>>88445810
>During their time (I wanna say 2 or 3 years, but I don't remember exactly how long it lasted)
Less than 18 months. Black September was black, indeed.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.