[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kingdom Hearts Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

So apparently next year around or after 2.8 we're finally getting more news on 3.

Expectations? Story, worlds, etc?
>>
Pandering to recent films up the ass. ESPECIALLY Frozen.

Really, say what you will about the story and setting, but at this point of the series seeing almost all the movies (That Disney doesn't hate like Black Cauldron, Atlantis, and Treasure Planet) the older fans who have been playing the series since 2002 care about have been used up. Hell, the only 90s film that hasn't been used is Pocahontas.
>>
>>88441048
Something old is gonna be used.

I want Zootopia with a furry Sora, it'd look awesome.
>>
I expect Frozen, Jungle Book and something Star Wars

I WANT Incredibles.
>>
File: d6fb70c63d0269418381a5986180994c.png (953KB, 1493x891px) Image search: [Google]
d6fb70c63d0269418381a5986180994c.png
953KB, 1493x891px
>>88441119

The only older movies I see getting used are Jungle Book, Pocahontas, Emperor's New Groove (Despite there probably being a half-assed attempt at emulating the film's humor.) and maybe Robin Hood (Would be a great way to reuse Sora's Zootopia form.). Princess and The Frog is also 99% likely to get in.

Everything else is either dark age stuff Disney hates, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, or movies that wouldn't work as worlds. Though Black Cauldron and TP have a chance of getting in what with the former having a live-action reboot planned and Disney buying the rights, along with the film's villain being fairly popular (The Hades summon in FFVII was even based on him.) and a model of the ship used in TP was found in the 3DS game's data.
>>
File: no.gif~c200.gif (611KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
no.gif~c200.gif
611KB, 200x200px
>>88441144

>Star Wars
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too big for the KH series.

Also I'd rather have 3 focus on using the first-party Disney material and save Pixar for later. Even Tron and Pirates of The Caribbean are first-party.
>>
>>88441144

All I want, including a visit to the town Sora and his friends live in and Kingdom Hearts itself.

Though the only ones I see being used are PATF, ENG, and maybe Robin Hood. HP could possibly get in seeing the push in popularity Disney is putting into it recently and KH3 needing a Halloweentown replacement if it's not used. Though it might just be the Sanderson Sisters appearing as villains outside their world, but screw that I want a full Hocus Pocus world.
>>
The supposed Keyblade list leak indicated the following Disney properties will either appear as a world or have their characters show up in some form:
>Snow White
>Sleeping Beauty
>Cinderella
>Jungle Book
>Big Hero 6
>Frozen
>Tangled
>Hercules
>The Emperor's New Groove
>Fantasia
>Toy Story world (with MCU action figures)
>Winnie the Pooh

The following are also theorized, though they're not as strong guesses:
>The Hunchback of Notre Dame
>Aladdin (the 3rd film specifically)
>Lion King

Personally if the leak is real I'm expecting the first three won't be worlds and the Princesses of Light from them will just make an appearance, ala BH6.
>>
>>88441144
>>88441315
>I WANT Incredibles.
Are Incredibles and PATF even plausible? They take place in what's very close to the present day; it'd be kind of jarring, no?

I'd much rather just have Facilier as a Maleficent-style villain. He's easily the best part of the movie, anyway.
>>
I'm not sure why this is here on /co/ but eh, sure
WHEN YOU WALK AWAY
>>
File: the-rocketeer-01.jpg (1021KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the-rocketeer-01.jpg
1021KB, 1920x1080px
>>88441221
>Though Black Cauldron and TP have a chance of getting in what with the former having a live-action reboot planned and Disney buying the rights
>yfw we could possibly get a world based on The Rocketeer
>>
>>88441806

Hunchback was in DDD.

And if Fantasia is used, REALLY hope this time it's 2000 with Sora riding Donald's ark and stopping by various shorts with fights against the evil Jack-In-The-Box in Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Firebird in Suite.
>>
>>88441973

Would be great watching Sora run around and fight Nazis or at least Heartless based on Nazis.

>>88441919

>Takes place in present day.
We're getting a Big Hero 6 world and probably the Hawaii part pf Lilo and Stitch.

Also as awesome as he is, Facilier isn't the type of villain to be a "leader" and would probably be Malefinent's henchman for his respective world.
>>
>>88441806
That's actually a pretty fucking based list if true
>>
>>88440787
It'll be above-average gameplay wise while having the worst story known to man.
>>
>>88441806

Source?

And let me guess........ Sleeping Beauty is Joleficent with her stupid "It's all men's fault I'm evil" and Cinderella is either the live-action one or Twist in Time?
>>
>>88441806
I am imagining action figure Sora now...

Also, holy fuck I would love a KH level based on King of Thieves. Especially the island turtle.
>>
>>88442129
Most realistic post DESU.
>>
>>88442138

>YFW Sora has a special Limit with Aladdin and his dad.

Not to mention didn't the movie not really take place on the Agrabah streets like in most of the games?
>>
>>88442133
/khg/ and a neogaf thread that was deleted because the leaker was a no-name claiming to work as a translator.

I personally don't believe in it but it probably has the most reasonable/restrained names I've seen on any fake Keyblade list before, and there was a surprising lack of roleplaying/attentionwhoring, so eh. Maybe it is legit and I'm just a cynic.
>>
File: 1481206266276.png (25KB, 988x639px) Image search: [Google]
1481206266276.png
25KB, 988x639px
>>88442138
This is the post on /khg/. I didn't archive the neogaf thread.
>>
>>88442236
>Never Melting
Frozen?
>>
>>88442212
Agrabah Palace for the wedding stuff and the Forty Thieves attack, then out in the desert at their secret base, and the island turtle.
>>
>>88442260
Here, one anon posted a list of the best guesses everyone made.
>Kingdom Key
Default.
>Starwave
New one we've seen in trailers, possibly from Yen Sid due to his previously gifted Keyblade and Mickey's default being related to stars also.
>Divine Bolt
Olympus, Zeus connection.
>Golden Touch
Disney once made a short about King Midas, could also be the third Aladdin film since the Hand of Midas is a major component of it.
>Blade of Truth
Sleeping Beauty, derived from the lyric: "Sword of Truth fly swift and sure, may evil die and good endure"
>Sweet Nightingale
Cinderella, it's a song from it.
>Cursed Bite
Snow White, ties into the apple and would - with the above two - match the Disney princess worlds in BBS.
>Marching Broom
Fantasia obviously. Probably comes from Disney Castle due to broom's being present there.
>Tangled Tower
Tangled. Connection is obvious.
>Megabot Special
Big Hero 6. Name of the tiny robots Hiro invents.
>Never Melting
Frozen, for obvious reasons.
>Man's Red Flower
The Jungle Book, related to King Louie's obsession with fire and is literally from a lyric where he sings about it and calls it that.
>Plastic Avenger
Toy Story world with MCU action figures is the most obvious answer.
>Potion Number 3
Emperor's New Groove, Yzma's potions are the connection.
>Hunnycomb
Pooh and pals, obvious from the spelling.
>Planet's Blessing
Aerith or Cloud. Lifestream connection.
>Radiant Lion
Lion King or Squall
>Eternal Traverse
Traverse Town, connection is obvious. In my heart I hope its related to TWEWY as well.
>Trisstresse
Xion, obviously.
>Master Keeper
Eraqus' keyblade.
>Loyal Kitty
Chirithy, it looks like a cat.
>XIII Memories
>Oathkeeper
>Oblivion
>Ultima Weapon
Obvious
>Lux Nova
Translates to "New Light". Its the name for the advent of stained glass in France, possible tying into the Hunchback of Notre Dame.
>Lost Kingdom
Noctis is the most obvious answer, but there's also a very slim chance that it relates to Atlantis: The Lost Empire.
>>
>>88442236
Golden Touch could be related to Hand of Midas in Prince of Thieves, but there are enough other Disney properties that could be a soft tie to.

Potion Number 3 makes me think of the Witch from Brave.

Plastic Avenger is just obviously Toy Story.

Blade of Truth is a return to Sleeping Beauty

Divine Bolt is Hercules

Starwave might be Lilo & Stitch, I think.

Not sure about Sweet Nightingale or Cursed Bite or Man's Red Flower.

Never Melting is an obvious Frozen.

Tangled Tower is painfully obviously tangled-

WAIT!

Cursed Bite, the Keychain will be the voodoo totem from Princess and the Frog!
>>
>>88442305
So, essentially, if even one of these names is confirmed we'll have had all the rest of the keyblades spoiled along with the worlds? Noice
>>
>>88442037
They'd probably be "generic fascists" like Lego Indiana Jones.
>>
>>88442305
I feel like some of these aren't as obvious as they're presented to be. Potion Number 3 in particular could be a lot of things.

Still, seems like a fairly strong list of guesses.
>>
>>88442236
>Man's Red Flower
Heh.
>>
WHEN YOU WALK AWAY
>>
>>88442236

>Starwave
Treasure Planet
>Divine Bolt
Hercules
>Golden Touch
King of Thieves Agrabah?
>Blade of Truth
???
>Sweet Nightingale
Cinderella
>Cursed Bite
???
>Marching Broom
Fantasia
>Tangled Tower
Tangled
>Megabot Special
Big Hero 6
>Never-Melting
Frozen
>Man's Red Flower
Jungle Book (Possible live-action?)
>Plastic Avenger
Toy Story
>Potion Number 3
Emperor's New Groove
>Hunnycomb
Winnie The Pooh
>Planet's Blessing
Wall-E?
>Radiant Lion
Simba's Pride Pride Lands?
>Eternal Traverse
???
>Tristesse
???
>Master Keeper
Possibly something involving Xehanort or Eraqus
>Loyalty Kitty
Maybe Monsters Inc what with Boo calling Sulley "kitty".
>XIII
Organization-based
>Oathkeeper
>Oblivion
>Ultima Weapon
>Lux Nova
???
>Lost Kingdom
Atlantis or Kingdom Hearts itself
>>
>>88442383
YOU DON'T HEAR ME SAY
>>
>>88442305
This list is missing Master Keeper, though considering that's the Japanese name for Master Defender (aka Aqua's current keyblade that she got from Eraqus) that's not really a big deal since its obvious what it is.
>>
>>88442236

Goddamnit. I thought Sword of Truth was a reference to Taran's sword in Black Cauldron, but it's the name of the one Prince Phillip used in Sleeping Beauty.
>>
>>88442660
Philip is awesome though. He's like the second best companion after Beast
>>
>>88442684

I know, but I'd rather have a new world and BC would be the perfect "Spooky medieval" world following Hollow Bastion in 1, Beast's Castle in 2, Enchanted Dominion and Dwarf Woodlands in BBS, and kinda Hunchback in DDD.
>>
File: Default Keyblade 1.png (203KB, 322x358px) Image search: [Google]
Default Keyblade 1.png
203KB, 322x358px
>>88442305
>>88442319
>>88442401

Aw fuck, the trailer Keyblade looks wavey, meaning it probably won't be Treasure Planet, despite the name sounding similar to a Solar Surfer.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.