[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Jason Todd a bad character? I honestly like him more than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

Is Jason Todd a bad character?
I honestly like him more than the other robins.
Dick coming in second because he was made for sex
Any Jason Todd must reads?
>>
There are no bad characters, only bad writers.
>>
Red Lantern when?
>>
File: SWIGGITY_SWOOTY.png (37KB, 579x718px) Image search: [Google]
SWIGGITY_SWOOTY.png
37KB, 579x718px
>>88438846
He's too edgy for some people
I think his edginess is his best trait
>>
I hope he gets his own comic some day where he could grow as a character by himself. I don't know why Red Hood and the Outlaws is a thing where he always have to babysit two people.
>>
>>88438846
He is not a bad character and I do think that he is the most interesting Robin. Heck, he is actually the only robin I tolerate.

>Any Jason Todd must reads?
His current series Red Hood and the Outlaws is must read and one of the best rebirth books.
>>
File: Eye-Scream_(Earth-616).png (313KB, 378x392px) Image search: [Google]
Eye-Scream_(Earth-616).png
313KB, 378x392px
>>88438953

wrong
>>
Fuck off /v/eddit.
>>
He'd be a better character if artists could pic a fucking mask for him and stick with it
>>
>>88439606
Yeah I hate the mask with a mouth and I wish that artists would stop using that one.
>>
He's not a bad character, he's just written poorly in my opinion. The idea of one of Bruce's Robins growing up to hate him and abandon his philosophy is really interesting. I personally think he should be written more villainous. My favorite iterations of him are in Morrison's Batman and Robin and in Under the Red Hood (animated movie). I think he works much better when he's directly at odds with the Batfamily, is brutal and savage in his own personal war against criminals, deeply resents Bruce but deep down loves him and wants to prove him wrong. A good Jason Todd is always at war with his surroundings because he's always at war with himself imo.
>>
>>88439606
They did in Rebirth. The mask with a mouth is gone forever (hopefully).
>>
>>88439714
He appeared in a dream sequence in Nightwing and is on a Batman cover with no mouth in either so it's looking good for now
>>
I wish Scarlett would come back, I honestly liked their team up from Morrison's Batman and Robin.
>>
File: Jason Todd Batman.jpg (96KB, 688x318px) Image search: [Google]
Jason Todd Batman.jpg
96KB, 688x318px
Posting best Jason suit.
>>
>>88439911
how the hell does that handgun work? why are there four barrels that don't appear to have the ability to rotate?
>>
>>88438846
Judd Winick's work on him is the best, Almost everything after is shit because they didn't know what to do with him.

He was originally suppose to be Nightwing After DIck died in Infinite Crisis, but Dick ended up not dying so he went for about a decade in ???? mode.
>>
File: kn.jpg (64KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
kn.jpg
64KB, 640x960px
>>88439911
imo best not only Jason but best suit ever created in dc universe
>>
>>88439911
Thomas Wayne should've been his Batman.
Bruce is a mistake.
>>
>>88440216
I think that'd be a cool story. Drop him in a Flashpoint story and have them interact.

I think Thomas would see a lot of his struggles in Jason. They'd make a pretty crazy team.

It'd be cool to have Jason be the good cop again.
>>
>>88440196

>All new character!
>>
>>88440196
>so many belts
90's kid in me just got first boner.
>>
>>88438846
Even if i've not read too much of it I personally like when he was Robin.
His introduction was great, his role/character in For the Man Who Has Everything was great, his death was impactful as well as the aftermath.
>>
>>88438846
Hes the most interesting robin and sure he can be edgy but considering how fucked up everything is around him the philosophy he adopted isnt baseless.

I liked he was the guy who was going to put a bullet in the drug dealing, sex trade dealing, crime lord.

The only problem is his being neutered to the point he used rubber bullets on Apokolips.

>He's not a bad character, he's just written poorly in my opinion. The idea of one of Bruce's Robins growing up to hate him and abandon his philosophy is really interesting.

Pretty much this.
>>
>>88444238
forgot the reply
>>88439699
>>
>>88441636
Those are straps, its the new belt.
>>
>>88440196
>best suit ever created in dc universe
Definitely. The suit is just simply great.
>>
>>88438846
I hate that stupid facemask helmet.
>>
I prefer him being able to function uncomfortably with the other bats, or at least some of them. If they just love him and pretend he doesn't have a thing for shooting people, it's silly, but if they just treat him like a villain or ignore him it removes the contrasting approaches to justice angle. Sticking him in another editorial group has always seemed like a weird choice.
>>
>>88444284
Straps, belts, whatever. I like 'en.
>>
>>88440196
Man, why is Jason gets all the good costume?
>>
>>88439951
shhhhh, it's edgy logic....
>>
>>88444997

Nah, a lot of people just don't know how guns work or what the parts are for, it's like cars but most of the pieces are on the outside.
>>
>>88438846
I think it's a great character with a lot of potentiel wasted by poorly writers *cough*new 52*cough*
He was great in "Under ther Red Hood" and "Lost Days of Red Hood".
Rebirth is okay but Jason is still too gentle by comparaison to what he was and what he is supposed to be (the bat symbol on your chest, seriously ? Be your own man Jason)

Red Hood is a Punisher-like but he has this tense father-son relationship with Batman. But after that, he lacks of something.
And I think some social issue can be included in his stories : Jason comes from the street, he knows the point of view of criminals and minions, he understands it's their misery which pushed them to crime better than Batman would ever understand. Jason could stand against Batman/Bruce because he's a rich guy beating poor people instead of really helping them.
Red Hood should be Bernie Sanders with guns
>>
File: huggy.jpg (24KB, 263x478px) Image search: [Google]
huggy.jpg
24KB, 263x478px
>>88445248
>bernie sanders with a gun
>>
>>88438846
>no one has brought up The Cult

Its kinda lonely being one of the only people on this board that reads comics
>>
>>88446145
Oh yeah, Jason was a really good Robin in the Cult !
>>
>>88445248
>Red Hood should be Bernie Sanders with guns
Commie?
>>
>>88438846
I think he's a good character, a necessity even. Also his Rebirth book is in my top 3
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.