[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haven't seen this discussed that often here. Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: A_Christmas_Carol.jpg (126KB, 509x755px) Image search: [Google]
A_Christmas_Carol.jpg
126KB, 509x755px
Haven't seen this discussed that often here. Thoughts?
>>
>>88434726
Isn't that the one where Scrooge gets blasted off to the moon while riding on a trumpet, or some shit like that? That was in the trailers, at least.
>>
>>88434726
Even though there's a lot of silly moments, I think this movie has the best motion capture of any of the Imagemovers films, and I think Jim Carrey actually performs really well as Scrooge.
>>
I liked it, but the pseudo live action style was a mistake. There's so many cartoony and over the top scenes that would have worked so much better with a more traditionally animated look. Instead, there's a lot of very awkward scenes in the film.
>>
>>88434726

While it was padded in some ways, it actually adapted a lot more of the actual than most versions. I can't think of many others that bothered with Ignorance and Want.

Like pretty much everybody else says, the main problem was the use of motion capture; it was always strange looking at the best of times but ages extremely poorly. Being intended for 3D doesn't help much either.

If it'd just been animated or just shot as a normal film, it probably would hold up really well for years to come. As is, it's okay for what it is.
>>
>>88434802
/thread
>>
>That stairway moment with Scrooge and future Cratchet during the Ghost Of Christmas Yet To Come.
Pretty good.
>>
>>88438540
fuck that one's good
>>
I remember seeing this in theaters for school. It was pretty good.
>>
File: uncanny_graph_blog.jpg (83KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
uncanny_graph_blog.jpg
83KB, 500x322px
I couldn't get over the Uncanny Valley effect.
>>
>>88434726

All of those mocap movies were visually unwatchable.

>Not quite live action
>Not quite a cartoon
>Appealed to no one

There's a reason that studio went bankrupt and nobody has swooped in to fill their niche. All-mocap-animated films were never a good idea and nobody enjoyed them.
>>
File: grr.png (382KB, 495x372px) Image search: [Google]
grr.png
382KB, 495x372px
>>88439691
It was my favorite you double nigger. Fight me irl beeyotch
>>
>>88439691

The off-putting nature of the animation is a real shame since most of them aren't bad movies at all but they've aged badly because of the style. Monster House in particular was hurt by it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (111KB, 1337x752px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
111KB, 1337x752px
>>88439691
>All-mocap-animated films were never a good idea and nobody enjoyed them.

Bitch please.
>>
>>88434802
All Carrey was doing was an Alistair Sim impression.
>>
>>88440698
I feel the opposite in that Monster House actually put effort into stylizing its characters and avoided the uncanny valley crap that makes the others unwatchable in the process.

>>88439691
It's a shame we never got the kaiju vs mecha movie they were planning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SmJC76KEc4
>>
It was horrible. It was clear they had no idea on what direction to take the film. It goes from subtle comedy and serousness to zany cartoon slapstick and tricks plus terrible writing in general.

I've seen tons of Christmas Carol films and even acted in them yet I have no idea what the fuck is going on in this version.
>>
>>88440947
that shit was glorious
>>
>>88440947
As amazing Tintin was, the mocap aspect wasn't one of them. The film didn't know if it wanted to be cartoony or hyper realistic and instead settled on having some of the characters caricaturized and others not.
>>
>>88435021
>Ignorance and Want

I try not to think of that scene in this. Seriously, how the hell do you make the Ghost of Christmas Present more terrifying than the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.