[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Mutants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: x-men-mutants-slice-600x200.jpg (61KB, 600x200px) Image search: [Google]
x-men-mutants-slice-600x200.jpg
61KB, 600x200px
This has been bugging me for a while, /co/.

I do not care for Mutants.

I do not care for their plight.

If anything, all I can really feel bad for is the Mutants who have debilitating physical mutations, like that Beak guy or that girl who was just a brain.

What I'm saying is, I think Mutants doth protest too much. In almost every piece of X-Men related media, they love to play up the whole "we are different from humanity, they hate us and persecute us" angle. Which was fine the first few times, but now? It's horrendous.

Like, I mean, first of all, who cares? The only real Mutants who'd actually get any persecution are guys like Beak or Beast or Toad or something, and the majority of the X-Men are all noticeably attractive. Who gives a crap what "THE EVUL BAAAD HUMENZ" do when you can literally just blast your problems away with a thought?

And why are the normal humans almost always just dicks to the Mutants in particular? Can't we get at least ONE consistent human ally, here? Maybe a liaison for the government to fund their school. Something like that. Even the Justice League gets more than the X-Men do, and /they/ have Amanda Waller running around.

It's even more ridiculous when you realize that humans have every reason in the universe to fear Mutants. When you're a Mutant, you fall into one of three categories: you're either an aloof superhero, a faceless and useless goon, or a domestic terrorist. And seeing how often Mutants switch sides . . .
It'd be great if there were more Mutants who were just unironic normal people who want nothing to do with the Brotherhood or the X-Men.

Also, for perspective: the most prominent GOOD Mutant, is the most powerful telepath in the world (so to speak). The most prominent ANTAGONISTIC Mutant, can control magnetic fields at will. So I feel like assembling a task force designed to deal with rogue Mutants is probably pretty fuckin' ideal and justified.
>>
most of them are vigilantes, terrorists, murders or psychotics.
and by most i mean all

the marvel normies; justified, or absolutely justified in their hatred???
>>
You haven't read many X-Men comics have you? They've had many consistent hum allies over the years, hundreds of stories unrelated to mutant persecution. There have been many mutants over the years who wanted nothing to do with the X-Men and just wanted to live a normal life.
>>
>>88433960
Please name them.
No, seriously. I'd like to know.
>>
>>88433772
FYI: the "girl who was just a brain" , that wasn't her mutation, she had psychic abilities and luminescent blood, so some humans cut out her brain, kept it alive in a jar, and stuck electrodes in it to stimulate small level of her psychic attack. That was how they weaponized her, kinda like how the Weapon X program weaponized Wolverine.
They did this because they had no sympathy for anyone mutant and they thought that mutants should only exist to serve humans.
Martha was actually a cute blonde highschool girl.
>>
>>88433772
X-Men should have ended in the 90s or even earlier, there no more stories they can tell with Mutants.
>>
>>88434216
The Morlocks. Homeless wasn't a lifestyle choice, but it is a typical human civilian existence.
There are others, of course, but they never get pagetime or names until something horrible shows up to murder them, like Three-faced John.
... or was that "ugly John"? Meh, doesn't matter. He's dead.
>>
>>88434452
no they did it so they could use their Mutant organs to become superhumans
>>
>>88433960
I miss the token human friends.

Not one writer has thought to have Kitty or Storm touch base with Stevie?
Seriously?
>>
>>88434521
Just get jobs, lazy welfare leeches
>>
>>88434521
What about humans?
>>
>>88434580
Stevie?
Who is this Stevie?
I desire more.
>>
>>88434216
>>88434521
When has Moira ever turned against them?
>>
>>88434625
Ah, who?
>>
>>88434615
Stevie Hunter
She taught a dance class Kitty went to after joining the team, and became close to them.

The was Peter Corbeau, an old scientist friend of Xavier's who was part of the story where Jean first became Phoenix.

Carol Danvers for a little while after Rogue stole her powers.

Moira MacTaggert, who's basically Xavier if he was human, a woman, and not a huge asshole.

That one white couple who were turned into Native Americans by the Demon Bear.

I guess the mayor of San Francisco during the Utopia era would count. Dunno if I'd call her a friend.
>>
File: Cranky-34.jpg (75KB, 300x632px) Image search: [Google]
Cranky-34.jpg
75KB, 300x632px
>>88434580
They still have some of them around from time to time. Most quickly quit the crazy parade of living a peripheral mutant lifestyle.
>>
>>88434922
Can't believe I forgot Doctor Nemesis' waifu
>>
>>88434939
You also forgot that insanely old Japanese geneticist that Hank recruited for the science team, that flatscan was Utopia's first casualty.
>>
>>88434939
>>88434995
Also forgot Cloak and Dagger,
Dani Moonstar,
That chick that got turned into an Omega-Sentinel,
Gladiator's kid isn't a mutant,
Deadpool and Deathlok, (if X-Force counts)
Danger, (if A.I. counts)
and Jubilee. (if corpses count)
>>
>>88435065
I wouldn't count team members, myself.

Sure Warlock's an alien, but he's a far cry from some normal person that just kinda hangs around the team.
>>
>>88435091
All I know is that the anon asking used Captain Carol as an example.
>>
>>88435210
Yeah, but at the time she was depowered and mostly hung out back at the mansion/base.

Once she became Binary she was back to doing her own thing, although her cameos were generally in X-Men books.
>>
Ok, let's talk about something interesting:
The Death energy that powers Apocalypse and his heirs is unique to each timeline, but it always has the same function.

The Phoenix is a similar force, but it seems more akin to The Celestials in that it can interact across realities.

Discuss
>>
>>88435301
no
>>
File: You_Know_Who_.jpg (157KB, 656x682px) Image search: [Google]
You_Know_Who_.jpg
157KB, 656x682px
>>88435301
Dude, Apocalypse's upgraded mutant powers, the "death seed" of his, and the "life seed" are all things the Celestials created.
If they're not limited by their reality of origin then neither are their creations.
>>
Shut the fuck up Johnny, you aren't getting off for putting Medusa's pussy over the greater good.
>>
Jeeeeezzz, what is wrong with humans that they pull all the shit they always pull when they come across someone different?
>>
>>88435413
Uh, I meant in that they are consistent across realities, not limited
>>
>>88435065
If we're counting literally anyone that isn't a mutant that has historically hung out with the X-men, that would include their first new recruit, Mimic.
>>
File: Mimic_1461182136329.jpg (33KB, 159x250px) Image search: [Google]
Mimic_1461182136329.jpg
33KB, 159x250px
>>88435501
Mimic was just freakin' bizarre.
They couldn't create a mutant that had these copycat powers?
And then they give him one of the first royally fucked-up typical mutant-type backstories: his dad's an experimental scientist and then the kid comes down with a fatal illness at puberty, the father starts experimenting with his genetics like he's a lab-rat, and then they end up living in a bunker under a mountain.
That's basically the childhood for half the evil mutants out there.
>>
>>88433772
lol
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.