[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Times you revealed your power level

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 20

File: stanlee.jpg (27KB, 220x341px) Image search: [Google]
stanlee.jpg
27KB, 220x341px
>Girl at college is wearing a Saga T-Shirt
>She's in my class but we've never really talked
>Work up the courage to start a conversation with her about comic books
>It's going well
>"So what's your name anon?"
>"Stanley"
>"Oh cool, like Stan Lee"
>I've heard this a bunch of times but since this girl seems to know stuff about comic books I decide to reveal my power level
>"Well actually Stan Lee is a hack who completely ripped off people like Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby, he was just a self promoter who punched up the dialogue while the artists did 95% of the work. It's frankly disgusting how he is held up as some kind of genius who invented all of the marvel superheroes while their true creators languish in obscurity. When he dies I will not shed a single tear."
>"Oh... ok."
>She then makes some excuse and walks away
>She never speaks to me again

Does anyone else share this feel?
>>
>>88432578
That's not revealing your power level, faggot, that's being a fucking goon. Nobody you just met wants to hear about how you'll feel when someone dies.
>>
File: 1468357775236.jpg (29KB, 462x453px) Image search: [Google]
1468357775236.jpg
29KB, 462x453px
>>88432578
you sir, are autistic
>>
>yonder cousin broke his ankle skate boarding
>bring him a few of my tpbs to keep him busy
>the following week I visit again, we totally nerd out and watch some cartoons on my netflix
>leave him with the password and tell him to watch JL/U
>next week, we're watching Young justice, his older brother comes in, sees Aquaman on the screen
>"Oh wow, Aquaman is such a fag, ooooh, I can talk to fish, what a cool power! Hahah"
>His brother looks him dead in the eye, "Stupid Casual."
>My sides!
>come back the next day
>see both of them watching JL over again, younger cousin is explaining things to his brother as they watch.
>>
>>88432578
I have had really bad experiences in murrika, but it's mostly about racism. But it did went to BvS with my girlfriend and some idiots buying food said Stan Lee invented Deadpool and that's why he was in the movie, i said "Actually Stan lee is just a jewish hack, learn how to google"
>>
>>88432679

>Call me autistic using that image

Pot meet kettle
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 187x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 187x250px
>>88432578
You need to neck yourself.
>>
>At Universal Studios with a friend of mine for my birthday.

>Live in Florida so it's a thing I do every year

>Wearing a Superboy shirt, you know the one, black shirt with just a red logo.

>Go to the Spider-Man ride, like is long as fuck, but it's summer break so we have forever.

>Eventually stopped by one of the employees.

>"Anon! Quick! Who is that a shirt of?!?"

>I'm confused by the question, but I have my answer.

>"Uhh.....Superboy."

>He starts to look around for a moment before unlocking the chain the separated the normal line from the express line.

>His hand shoves three express tickets my way. That's when he said possibly the most autistic thing I've heard IRL in my life.

>"We've gotta stick together you and me."

I still have no clue what he meant, but hey, I got to skip the lines of three other lines. So if you're out there Spider-Man Ride anon. Thanks, we're sticking together.
>>
You don't casually talk about people dying in normal conversations you autist. Plz be bait.
>>
>>88433116
>Wearing a Superboy shirt, you know the one, black shirt with just a red logo.
Oh man, I had this exact same t-shirt. Still do actually, but it has a tear in it so I can't wear it anywhere other than inside the house anymore. But it's pretty well-fitting and looks great with a pair of black skinny jeans. I should buy a new one sometime.
>>
>>88433664
>Still do actually, but it has a tear in it so I can't wear it anywhere other than inside the house anymore.

Anon, make lemonade with that hand life gave you. You can do a battle damaged Superboy cosplay.
>>
File: 1414294930921s.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1414294930921s.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>88432578

So you thought she actually wanted to talk about comic books?
>>
>>88433720
It's a stupid-looking tear though. It's right in front of the collar and just looks goofy. Maybe I could tear it some more to look better.
>>
>>88432578
>Be girl
>Some nerd strikes up a conversation
>Can tell he likes geek shit from a mile away so decide to make a joke
>Stan Lee
>"Akshually Stan Lee was a hack blablabla I am educating you etc"
>I can't believe I thought he was alright before this.
>Never speak to him again.
>>
>>88433116
>That's when he said possibly the most autistic thing I've heard IRL in my life.
>>"We've gotta stick together you and me."
Don't make fun of him he did something nice for you anon
>>
Today in "Things that Totally Happened You Guys"...
>>
>>88433116
that's cool as fuck. honestly makes me smile
>>
>>88433116
It probably meant he had to constantly hear parents and kids mix up superheroes, and you were a breath of fresh air.
>>
This dude who I was friends with on facebook but never every said a word to IRL (went to the same high school so everyone just adds each other for no reason) was talking about his GF and called her his Superwoman and I was like "ACTUALLY SUPERWOMAN WAS AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE VERSION OF LOIS LANE AND WONDER WOMAN WHO WAS EEEVIL" and he was like "Well my boo's not evil lol"
Pls no bully I know it was dumb as hell.
>>
File: 1479175115407.png (108KB, 357x368px) Image search: [Google]
1479175115407.png
108KB, 357x368px
>Friend whining on facebook that Spider-Man is black, Green Lantern is gay and Thor is a woman
>he says "WHAT'S NEXT? White Nick Fury?"
>I tell him "but Nick Fury WAS white" and also post a picture of Nick Fury
>"fuck" he says
>deletes his post
>>
>>88433989
>thread about revealing /co/ power level
>not /pol/ power level
both are still good reads tho
>>
My mom caught me wiping my ass with a comic I thought was terrible.
>>
>>88432578
>be at work at 2am talking to fellow nerd about Miyazaki, manga and other assorted anime
>girl who's not involved in the conversation decides to snapchat us

She found our conversation funny because "nobody cares about any of that stuff", what's so funny about being passionate about something?
>>
>>88432578
That's not power level, anon. That's just being honest about somebody. Stan Lee is a legit thief. It's like saying to someone that Hitler was evil.
>>
>>88434422

>Comparing Stan Lee to Hitler

Christ anon that's going a bit far, at least Hitler actually built some decent roads
>>
>>88434321
>their conversation topic isnt about me or stuff that I like
>make fun of them for it
literally how women think dude. ya gotta call em out on their shit.
>>
File: 1473694287963.png (289KB, 588x559px) Image search: [Google]
1473694287963.png
289KB, 588x559px
>>88432800
proved him right
>>
>>88433116
I became Bros with a dude wearing a nightwing shirt. It was a complete black shirt with the logo. It was hitting over 90 and he was moshing.
Cool guy, though i forget all of our conservations after a few beers so I can't remember how autistic I was
>>
>>88433989
>Green Lantern is gay
Did you ask him if he knew who alan scott is?
>>
>known at work as being a comic nerd, because I got caught reading Spider-Girl on break
>Co-worker asks if Batman could beat Spider-Man
>Just say "Not a chance," and try to keep working
>She then does the "but prep time"
>Go into detail about Peter's powers, equipment, and by the time I realize what I'm doing, I just finished explaining Parker Industries
>>
>Have nerdy boyfriend in high-school
>Gets sort of drunk at a party
>He starts talking about how much he loves Raimi's movies and how he much he relates to Spidey (this was just after 2 came out)
>I get super embarrassed
>Eventually I just start teasing him
>he gets defensive
>I call him a pussy and start laughing
>Eventually I start flirting with a football player
>He gets mad
>Tries to punch the football player
>Football player beats the living shit out of him while we all laugh and point
>He runs away in tears and goes home
>End up grinding on the football player until he cums in his pants
>Completely cut off contact with BF
>He tries to talk to me a week later, acting all nice
>I just laugh my ass off and have my friends point at him until he goes away

I dunno what happened to him, but I really hope he killed himself. Would be fucking hilarious :^)
>>
>>88434422
Jack Kirby was a half blind Jew who got out jew'd by the king bigger Jew.
>>
>>88434725
This is some quality bait.
>>
>>88434725
It was a different time.
>>
>>88434725
This is so fake. For the record I'm not saying there aren't girls on 4chan, I'm just saying if you are a girl on fucking 4chan then there is no chance in hell you had a BF in the first place and if you did he broke up with you.
>>
>>88434725
Raimiposting is the best meme
>>
File: 1477467532744.png (876KB, 629x800px) Image search: [Google]
1477467532744.png
876KB, 629x800px
>>88432719
I do not care about the veracity od that story. It is still worrh capping.
>>
>>88434806
>>88434766

Pretty sure it's an advanced/stealth Raimipost
>>
>>88434725
kek
>>
>>88432578
>have a viable chance to talk about Saga
>she's wearing its merch
>stay on target son

YA BLEW IT
>>
>>88434725
Still not sure what Raimi was thinking when he leaked this script draft.
>>
>>88432578
This isn't actually true and I don't understand why people feel the need to pick a side in a fight between two old Jewish men over who owes who money.

How it usually worked was:
>Stan would write a story, then give it to Jack to draw it
>Jack wouldscoff at the script and draw the comic however he wanted to
>He'd then gives notes for what Stan should use for dialogue
>Jack thinks he wrote the comic.
>Stan ignores these notes and fills all the speech bubbles with what he thinks should be in them.
>Stan thinks he wrote the comic
>>
>>88434725
>End up grinding on the football player until he cums in his pants
Had a semi-cuck experience like that once where my older sister was grinding on my friend (said friend was 6 years younger than her) and ended up blowing his load. Was weird as fuck and I hate remembering it.
>>
File: 1480314641380.jpg (80KB, 485x478px) Image search: [Google]
1480314641380.jpg
80KB, 485x478px
>>88432578
Either this is fake, or you're a fucking moron, unfit for society.

Either way, eat shit, faggot.
>>
>>88434895
Lol was she into it? If so then you're a complete cuck
>>
>>88434841

>Saga
>Good

This ain't tumblr kid

>>88434867

>Stan tells Steve to create a super hero called Spider Man
>Steve designs the costume, the powers and the backstory, Stan literally only provides the name
>"YEAH TRUE BELIEVERS, IT'S ME, STAN LEE, THE CREATOR OF SPIDER-MAN"
>"But Stan what about Steve Ditko?"
>"Oh... If he feels like it I don't mind him claiming that he's the co-creator I guess..."
>>
>>88432578
You've earned your virginity Stanley
>>
>>88433664
>skinny jeans
faggot
>>
>>88434924
I mean, she was laughing and shit....
>>
>>88434806
This has to be counterbait.
>>
>>88434951
KEK
U
C
K
>>
>>88434725
I never understood this scene from the directors cut. Was it from the earlier draft of the script where Peter was gonna shoot up his school?
>>
>>88434975
Probably.

Sucks that we never saw the scene where Goblin books Aunt May surprise tickets for a flight, only for it to crash into the WTC.
>>
>>88433770
Kek!
>>
>>88432578
>Anon, my son loves Thomas!
>I hate how it promotes slave mentality. The only thing the trains got to hope is to be really useful engines.
>W-what about Chuggington?
>>
>I started dating this GF of mine for a few days now.

>We met at a football game and were hitting it off pretty well.

>She isn't into any /co/mic shit, but she knew I was.

>We're having lunch together when she tries to start a conversation.

>"So, anon, Spider-Man 3 came out! I thought it was pretty cool."

>My blood starts to boil as my face visible begins to turn red.

>I stand out of my chair, towering over my once GF as I slam my fist into her face, caving her nose in. Dumb bitch had it coming.

>Look around.

>Everyone is staring.

>I-I can't have them call my parents, they'd kill me.

>I quickly reach for my backpack, pulling out the gun I had saved just in case I embarrassed myself.

>"This is all your fault, Raimi." I say to myself as I begin opening fire.

>Blam blam blam.

>The shots echo through the halls, buried by the sound of the screams of my fellow students.

>BLAM, there goes Chad.

>BLAM, Fuck you Ms. Fincklebottom from History.

>BLAM, Goddamn Tyrone, you stupid nigger.

>It seems like forever as I'm lost in my little world.

>The floor is now a large, sticky puddle of red, the bodies litter it, simply adding to the puddle.

>*SLAM!*

>My head quickly shoots around to the sound of the door closing like a predator hearing it's prey.

>My piece of shit girlfriend must have crawled away to the broom closet.

>I begin to step closer, strange squishing sounds be heard with each step I take due to the body parts everywhere.

>"Ooooh honey!" I beckon to her.

>My hand slowly reaches out to the handle.

>A grip it, giving it a turn.

>I opened the door.

>Got on the floor

>Everybody walked the dinosaur.
>>
>>88434925
Hardly. The name Spider-Man, his youth, his science experiment origin, and his wall crawling were all Lee's ideas. The costume, his web shooters and swinging and other backstory elements were Ditko's ideas.
>>
mods
>>
>>88435107
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYKupOsaJmk
>>
>>88432578
>watching Peppa on a playdate
>"Did you know Mummy Rabbit is not the one changing jobs every episode? It's actually her sister."
DEEP LORE
E
E
P

L
O
R
E
>>
>>88434867
>Stan would write a story, then give it to Jack to draw it

The same Stan Lee who didn't know who Silver Surfer was until Kirby handed him the already penciled pages with dialogue suggestions?

>>88435114
>The name Spider-Man

Inspired by Hawkman.

>his science experiment origin

Not original.

>his wall crawling

Copied from The Fly.

>The costume, his web shooters and swinging and other backstory elements were Ditko's ideas

So all the unique shit and details were Ditko's doing? Regardless, the real issue is that Lee considers himself sole creator.
>>
why is half the thread calling OP a retard

is this /co/mblr

it's a fucking joke, play along with it
>>
>>88435228
>the real issue is that Lee considers himself sole creator.
He doesn't though
>>
>>88435311
In all these years, he's never said that Ditko is the co-creator of Spider-Man.

Just like with the creation of Fantastic Four, he gives his wife more credit for "inspiring" him to not quit.
>>
>>88432578
At this point the girl knows two things about you: your name, and that you can't wait to see an old man die.

This isn't about power levels, this is about social retardation.
>>
>>88435377
>Implying Stan Lee will die.
>>
>>88435311

Lee's logic makes sense. It's selfish, but it makes sense. He thought of Spider-Man as far as the concept goes, but Ditko did the art. "Just" the art as far as he's concerned. I think Lee's mellowed out in the last twenty or so years though as far as giving credit to people is concerned. There's no way he doesn't think that Spider-Man was solely carried by his writing. Sure, Ditko had a shitty idea or two (Like his insistence that the Green Goblin should just be some random dude instead of Norman Osborn), but he's always been a dude who wanted to share the wealth in at least some capacity. Hell, we still wouldn't be crediting inkers and colorists without him.
>>
File: stan-lee-letter.jpg (398KB, 648x767px) Image search: [Google]
stan-lee-letter.jpg
398KB, 648x767px
>>88435330
Yes he has
>>
Nigga, he didn't just punch up dialogue. The "Stan Lee did nothing" meme needs to end
>>
>>88435408

>Like his insistence that the Green Goblin should just be some random dude instead of Norman Osborn

He was right, it didn't make any sense that Peter Parker just happened to know a super villain out of the millions of people in NYC. Raimi and Bendis both fixed this by tying Pete's origin directly into Norman but without this it's just dumb.
>>
>>88435228
>>88435311
He considers himself as the sole creator in the sense that it was his original idea, he came up with Spider-Man, but he's always stood by the fact that Ditko fleshed him out and brought him to where he is, Spider-Man would never have been successful without Ditko's heavy lifting, and Stan's always acknowledged this.

But Stan still had the original idea for the guy, he made the pitch that Ditko ran with, and because of that Stan considers himself the true original creator, it's pretty obvious, and people have forced that answer out of him.

But the thing is, he gives credit to Ditko as the co creator. He didn't always, but Ditko asked to be credited, and since then Stan has always credited him, and called them co-creators, even if deep down he doesn't believe that. And him not believing it isn't an issue of downplaying Ditko's role, it's an issue of semantics.
>>
>>88435481
Nah, Norman's one of the few cases where it really works him knowing Peter outside of costume, and it being pretty much entirely unrelated.

Like, for Dr Conners it works tying it in with Peter's origin, it makes a logical sort of sense that their origins would be related, and justifies Peter knowing another super dude.

With Norman though, for the Green Goblin to work, it really adds something. This dude who's so unstable he develops this psychotic split personality out of paranoia, and finds out his son's friend is also his arch rival, creates this really interesting dynamic, where he has to justify how Peter's just using Harry to get to him, and stuff like that, when he's really just being delusional.
>>
>>88435526

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4z7xuDhMeg

Watch this video, Stan never says he's the co-creator, he only says that he's happy to say Steve is the co-creator to make him feel better but in reality he doesn't believe it. The fact is that Stan came up with the name and Steve came up with the character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iFV1HdO2pQ

Watch Moore blow Stan the fuck out
>>
>>88434964
He's only a cuck if he wants to fuck his sister
>>
>>88435427
Nowhere in that letter does Stan Lee say that Steve Ditko is the co-creator of Spider-Man.
>>
>>88435228
I'm pretty sure the Silver Surfer is the only hero Lee didn't lie about his role in creating because he's his favorite.
Kirby came up with the concept (Galactus would be too busy to find worlds to eat and needed a herald) and Lee said "Wow, his design is really regal, I think I'll turn him into a philosophizing warrior poet who can comment on what's wrong with earth.
It's one of the only time he actually goes into detail in his countless Masterwork/Omnibus intros he's written.
>>
>>88435228
I'm saying that Stan wrote stories, Jack just ignored them or changed them because he wanted to and nobody stopped him.
>>
>>88432578
Between middle and high school, I converted many a normie into watching anime. One of them was a teacher.
>>
>>88435573
It makes good drama, but also makes the world feel more like a soap opera. Lee liked stories one way, Ditko another.
>>
>>88435228
>the real issue is that Lee considers himself sole creator.
What?
>>
>>88435587
>Here's this video where, if you really want to interpret his words, he says EXACTLY what I want him to say instead of what he actually says
>here's grumpy ol' Alan Moore who thinks he's a wizard saying shit
Okay anon. Okay.
>>
>>88435604
>I'm saying that Stan wrote stories

A 5 minute phone conversation in which Lee says "how about the Fantastic Four fight Doctor Doom again?" does not count as writing the story, everyone knows the Marvel method was get the artist to plot and write the comic but then Lee taking credit because he changed the words in the captions and bubbles.
>>
>>88435597
Are you on the spectrum or what?
>>
>>88432787
he was in that movie because it was an x-men movie
>>
>>88435656
>yes [Lee] has [said that Ditko is the co-creator of Spider-Man]
>posts a letter in which he doesn't say that

Are you retarded or what?
>>
>>88432578
Wow you blew it big time.

Just like this one guy at my college who was getting hit on by this cutey nerd girl but the moment she mentioned she had a PS4 he went on a rant about casuals, consoles, Sony, etc... and it fucking turned her off completely.

Also that's not showing your power level OP, you're just a sperg.
>>
File: alanmoore.jpg (22KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
alanmoore.jpg
22KB, 320x320px
>It's a butthurt moviebabby leefags sperg out because they can't accept 'le epic cameo man' is a talentless hack episode
>>
>>88435675
>I have always considered Steve Ditko to be Spider-Man's co-creator
>I write this to ensure that Steve Ditko receives the credit to which he is so justly entitled
I honestly don't see why you would take issue with this.
There's no point talking to you though, you have some unreasonable obsession over this matter.
>>88435706
Hey Alan, when's the last time you wrote something worth reading? The 80's?
>>
>>88435717

Jerusalem, it came out in September

Providence is also pretty good despite obviously being for the money
>>
>>88434895
>cuck experience
>sister
>grinding
Are you in a relationship with your older sister?
That's kinda hot
>>
>>88435717
>I honestly don't see why you would take issue with this

Because he takes such extreme care to not flat-out say Steve Ditko is the co-creator of Spider-Man.

You can see him tip-toe around the issue in the first video >>88435587 posted, it's not too much to ask to say Ditko is the co-creator. Not "i consider him to be", not "he deserves to be called the co-creator", he IS the co-creator.

For whatever legalese or asshole reason, he will never admit that Steve Ditko co-created Spider-Man.
>>
>>88432636
>>88432679

Im pretty sure thats pasta
>>
>>88435278
>almost 2017
>on 4chan
>it's tumblr to call OP retarded
???
>>
>>88435765
Okay, tell me about Jerusalem.
>>
>>88435825
you're clearly a tourist
>>
File: IMG_20161215_013534.jpg (15KB, 432x74px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161215_013534.jpg
15KB, 432x74px
>>88435597
>>88435675
>>
>>88435845
And I bet OP is straight.
>>
>>88435829

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/16/books/review/alan-moores-time-traveling-tribute-to-his-gritty-hometown.html

http://thequietus.com/articles/21230-alan-moore-jerusalem-novel-review-working-class-mythology

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/sep/15/jerusalem-by-alan-moore-review

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/alan-moores-sprawling-new-epic-jerusalem/2016/09/12/59f0cc8c-5826-11e6-9767-f6c947fd0cb8_story.html?utm_term=.304022f26f2f
>>
>>88435775
Ok Steve
>>
OP: Talks to girl for the first time

OP: decides he needs to shit a figure she likes, and be a giant downer douche.

OP then wonders why she never talked to him again.

Diagnosis: OP is autist.

Recommendation : Go learn some social skills.
>>
>>88435923
tourist
>>
>>88435858
Again, that sentence doesn't mean "Steve Ditko is Spider-Man's co-creator", it's not even words to that effect.

Lee has never said "Steve Ditko is Spider-Man's co-creator" and he never will.
>>
>>88435960
>REEE! REEE! REEE!
I'm sorry anon, but I don't understand you. Did you make a poopoo?
>>
>>88435985

How's it going Stan?
>>
>>88435985
How mature.
>>
>>88435960
Have Steve Ditko ever admitted Stan Lee is Spider-Man's co-creator?
>>
File: Stan Lee.jpg (128KB, 965x642px) Image search: [Google]
Stan Lee.jpg
128KB, 965x642px
>>88436011
Just fine and dandy. Looking forward to a nice feast for Christmas, if you catch my drift.
Got anyone in mind?
>>
>>88435587
That video's exactly what I'm talking about. I don't get why people post it trying to make Stan look like he's in the wrong.

The dude's trying to give Ditko credit. He's trying to acknowledge him as co-creator, and respect his wishes. Johnathan Ross has to wrestle him down to try and get him to say otherwise.

Yeah it's clear Stan really does consider himself THE creator, but he gives Ditko credit despite this. Even if he considers it a lie by technicality, he still tries to give the dude credit at every opportunity.
>>
>>88436028

Frank has been looking pretty weak these last few years, I'm sure no one would be too suspicious

>>88436026

Why would he admit to something that isn't true?
>>
>>88436028
SLOTT AND BENDIS! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! I will start a fucking religion for you if you do it.
>>
File: Emphasis on CO-creation.jpg (296KB, 576x788px) Image search: [Google]
Emphasis on CO-creation.jpg
296KB, 576x788px
>>88436026
>>
>>88433749
my batman shirt is like that, rip the sleeves off
you do have muscle, right anon?
>>
>>88436056
They're not sick at all though, are they?
>>
>>88436075
But Stan, look at them. They'll keep you fed for months. No one will bat an eye.
>>
>>88436090
I don't think Lee can harvest people who aren't weakened already.
>>
>>88436058
But he never SAYS Stan Lee is the co-creator of Spider-Man!
>>
>>88436100
>Thinking Stans power has limits.

He takes who he wants, he just claims they have illnesses so no one will question it. Or he makes it look like a suicide.
>>
>>88436125
A fearsome creature.
>>
>>88436058
>Ditko receives credit as co-creator on all published material and in movies too
>still cries specifically because of how Stan Lee decided to word his acknowledgement
Spider-man would never have been as popular as he is without Ditko but Ditko would never have come up with Spider-man. He needs to get over himself.
>>
'member when Jim Steranko punched Bob Kane?
Bob Kane was a worse glory-hog than Stan Lee.
>>
>>88436058
Jesus, I didn't realize Ditko was such a whiny bitch. It takes both images and writing to make a compelling character in the comics scene, why is he so ass blasted?
>>
>>88436058
Something to point out here, a 1 or 2 page story synopsis is not unsubstantial. That's a pretty detailed synopsis for a 24 page comic.
>>
>>88436114
But it's pretty clear that he insists Spider-Man is a co-creation, he could just as easily have said "who's one-man creation is Marvel's Spider-Man comic book character?".

The options Ditko presents it's Lee's one-man creation (which the whole piece is protesting) or Lee and Ditko's co-creation.

He's not saying "i consider myself a co-creator", he's saying he is the co-creator. Contrast this with Lee who has called himself the sole creator in the past and who only considers Ditko the co-creator.
>>
>>88436155
Not to mention guys in the industry realize that marvel wouldn't be where it is today if Stan wasn't such a marketing demon.

I kinda though Ditko was the reserved silent type.
>>
>>88435228
>Swinging

Unique shit eh?
>>
>>88432578
so... you prefer to watch pornhub, instead of eating sweet sweet casual pussy? Ok, good for you? keep your power level to yourself or your friends anon, casuals usually hide themselves behind one, maybe two midlevel facts or topic.
>>
>>88436169
The image sure makes it look otherwise. Nowhere does he say that Stan is a co-creator.
>>
>>88436161
>a 1 or 2 page story synopsis is not unsubstantial
>That's a pretty detailed synopsis for a 24 page comic

It's really not.
>>
>>88436195
What are you looking at? He's arguing that Spider-Man is a co-creation, not a one-man creation.

Not that he considers Spider-Man a co-creation, not that Spider-Man's a co-creation in his opinion, Spider-Man is a co-creation.
>>
>>88436158
Stan Lee gave his ok for that kind of mockery because it amuses him. He's not too proud to be the butt of a joke, especially since J. Jonah Jameson is a mockery of himself and at one point he wanted to play him when he was younger.
>>
>>88432636
>>88432679

The fact that people can't detect irony this blatant makes me sad
>>
>>88436231
I just quickly looked into it and apparently ditko doesn't even get paid anything for helping create the spiderman?

Apprently this all started with green goblin and Stan's wanting to make him super natural. So it looks like creative differences drove them apart, especially whenDitko would rewrite what Stan gave him.

So you're telling me Jonah was supposed to be a mockery of STan?
>>
>>88436230
Nowhere in that image does Steve Ditko say that Stan Lee is the co-creator of Spider-Man.
>>
>>88436259
>So you're telling me Jonah was supposed to be a mockery of STan?
I thought this was common knowledge? Lee even wanted to play him in the movies.
>>
>>88436270
It's funny because you're doing the reverse of what he was doing but he doesn't get it.
>>
>>88436203
It really really is. Like, go back and read one of the original comics, and just, hell, try and write a 2 page summary. You have to get pretty detailed.

People act like stan cranked out a quick, 1 paragraph "There's a kid and he gets bit by a spider and then he has spider powers and is called 'spider-man' " but to fill even 1 page, much less go on to 2, that's much more detail.
>>
>>88436259
>I just quickly looked into it and apparently ditko doesn't even get paid anything for helping create the spiderman?

He got paid his wage for the work. The rights don't typically belong to the creators, but the company. That's typical for comic book industry work.

>>88436259
>So you're telling me Jonah was supposed to be a mockery of STan?

Are you really this casual? Look that up.
>>
>>88432578
>When he dies I will not shed a single tear.
>tips fedora
>>
>>88436276
DELET THIS
>>
>>88436251
I dunno, man, I've met people like OP. I was talking about X-Men to someone once and he asked me if I knew Beast wasn't always blue. I did, but he started going off about how most people don't know that, and I started tuning him out. Having a high powerlevel is fine, but the saltiness and superiority complex in some with it is silly and off-putting.
>>
>>88434925
No where does that post say Saga was good, it's just his in.
>>
>>88435481

Sometimes logical realism =/= good story. Yeah sure, the chances that Norman happens to be the Green Goblin might be small, but who gives a shit dude. It was a great move for the story to make and led to great tension.
>>
>>88436326
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>88436203
dude entire movies have come to fruition on less.
>>
>>88432578
>>"Well actually Stan Lee is a hack who completely ripped off people like Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby, he was just a self promoter who punched up the dialogue while the artists did 95% of the work. It's frankly disgusting how he is held up as some kind of genius who invented all of the marvel superheroes while their true creators languish in obscurity. When he dies I will not shed a single tear."

This is just embarrassing.
>>
>>88436203
Stan wrote the entire ynopsis for Spiderman issue #1, that's 90% of his character right there.

Great power great responsibility?

Ben dying?
Spidey missing the robber? That's all Lee.

You ever try to write and illustrate? Writing is literally the bulk of the character, the art is just that, the window into this world you're creating.

Comics are basically 2-d movies, except the artist is the camera, the special effects, the actors, and the editor.

The writer is the script, the plot, the lines of dialogue, also the eidtor, the emtion etc.

Granted both roles have some overlapping, but you're basically giving two people many hats. Shit is hard work.
>>
File: Unmanly Tears.jpg (211KB, 809x851px) Image search: [Google]
Unmanly Tears.jpg
211KB, 809x851px
>>88436534
No but see Stan Lee never SAID that Steve Ditko is the co-creator.
>>
>>88433989
That's funny.

>>88434691
Do you know who Alan Scott is?
>>
>>88434895
Should've killed them both.
>>
>>88436259
>Ditko left because of the Green Goblin

This is a myth, perpetuated in part because the issue after Ditko left, the identity of the Goblin was revealed.. While Ditko thought making the Green Goblin a person Peter knew would be glorifying crime in some way, the reason he left was, according to him, he had been promised royalties for Spider-Man licences, specifically the 60's TV show.
Ditko, an Objectivist, thought it was the most immoral thing to deny a content creator his due compensation.
Fun fact, for the last dozen or so issues of Ditko's run, Stan Lee had zero imput on the story, only writing dialogue and captions, occasionally leading to Lee assuming minor crooks were working for people they had no connection to in the story written by Ditko.
>>
>>88436590
Glorifying crime?
>>
>>88436590
I said it started with GG, looks like it stacks up with what you said in that issues prior he was basically flying solo and writing where Lee should've been.
Was the goblin revealed before or after Gwen Stacy died?
>>
>>88436614
Way before.
>>
>At a fairly dorky party
>Chatting to some girl
>"So anon, are you a Marvel guy or a DC guy?"
>"Actually I'm more into creator owned stuff from publishers like Image, or indie books from the likes of Fantagraphics or Drawn and Quarterly. I guess if I had to choose one of the big two I'd go for DC due to their British invasion stuff as well as their Vertigo subsidiary. What about you?"
>"...I prefer Marvel because their movies are better."
>Never speak to her again
>>
>>88436681
You're both insufferable.
>>
I feel like I don't have that high of a power level, I try to get there, but just some how it doesn't really connect. Although I guess you can't get that autistic about animation.
>>
>>88436681
Well, at least *I* enjoyed your post.
>>
>>88432578
Hahaha! What a sperg!
>>
>>88436716

>Although I guess you can't get that autistic about animation

That's literary what 4chan was founded for
>>
>>88436259
Stan Lee doesn't get royalties either
>>
>>88436772
Look at where we are now
>>
>>88436881
But he stole Steve Ditko's money! He stole Jack Kirby's money! He jewed them out of it all!
>>
>>88432578
>I'm at university for classes
>wearing my black-with-red-S-shield shirt, jeans, generally whatever
>pretty girl in class, kinda nerdy I guess
>sees me, says "are you dressing like Superboy"
>"uh... I guess, yeah"
>"Oh, I like his jacket costume version better"
>turns out she cosplays
>is also reasonably acquainted with comics, was a Young Justice fan
>is not a hambeast

Wound up dating for a little while before she moved like 500 miles away.
>>
>>88436881
I mean, he doesn't but apparently he embezzled the shit out of Marvel. I know he makes mad dough, honestly though, he deserves it, Marvel wouldn't have been anything without him.
>>
Stan Lee gets the most credit because he stands by the company that owns the property, not because he Jewed anybody out of anything.
It's in Marvel's best interest to have people believe that all their most popular characters were created by the face of Marvel Stan Lee, rather than Kirby who went where the money was, or Ditko the reclusive loner who worships Ayn Rand.
>>
>>88436935
If Kirby went where the money was, why did he come back?
And why didn't Ditko start his own successful publishing company? Isn't that what Rand would've wanted him to do?
>>
>>88436931
But did you fuck?
>>
>>88436951
>isn't that what Ayn Rand would've wanted?
You don't think he truly believed in that do you?
>>
>>88436961
Well what did he believe in then?
>>
>>88436951
ditko is a writer and artist, not a businessman.
and I assume Kirby went back to marvel because they offered him a good deal of money. He flitted about between publishers somewhat frequently.
>>
>>88436881
Well he does now.
He out-jewed Perlmutter to get 10% of Marvel profits or something like that. Yes that includes Marvel Studios.
>>
>>88436983
there's no way it's 10%, thats way too much money
>>
>>88436983
If he could out jew Perlmutter then he deserves every shekel
>>
When Death comes to claim Stan Lee, he'll simply place a note inside his Golem with the order "be me" and thus he shall live forever.
>>
>>88435602
Lee's Silver Surfer is really amazing stuff
>>
>>88437000
>When Death comes to claim Stan Lee
Kek
>>
>>88437023
Death comes to all men.
>>88435602
>>88437017
I'm completely clueless about Surfer, what does he get up to in his own stories?
>>
>>88436989
It is, but it's still true
Can't find what was posted here about his contract negociation, but it was basically in exchange of him not going to courts over the rights to the characters he had a "created by Stan Lee" credit to. And considering Marvel used to publish everything with "Stan Lee presents", that was a lot of characters.
Ike got hilariously outplayed.

If some kind anon has the Lee interview where he talks about it, I'd be thankful.
>>
>>88436716
You havent seen anime community? There is reason why i hide my powerlevel and dont tell anyone i watch anime
>>
>>88433989
Should have told him that Green Lantern is also black, a muslim, a woman, a cop, fucked a 13 year old, got his girlfriend stuffed in a fridge, and a squirrel.
>>
>>88432578

You fucking mongoloid. It's not so hard to just ease in rather than go full throttle.
>>
>>88436931
>"Oh, I like his jacket costume version better"
>turns out she cosplays
>is not a hambeast

This girl sounds like a true 10/10.
>>
>>88437039

Under Stan? "Oh woe is me" type angst, from what I remember.
>>
>>88433989
>I tell him "but Nick Fury WAS white" and also post a picture of Nick Fury

If this was not the collage recap pic of Battle Scars, I will be severely disappointed in you, anon.
>>
>>88436983
>>88436989
>>88437044
>But the company was still broke, surviving on a $ 200 million bridge loan that would have to be paid back soon. Perlmutter’s first order of business was to terminate the expensive contracts with executives that dragged on the company’s finances. Stan Lee wasn’t worried when he heard the news. His $ 500,000 per year lifetime deal was a special case— after all, he was the face of Marvel Comics. Nor did he worry when Perlmutter summoned him to New York. “Ike greeted me like a long-lost brother,” Lee recalled, “telling me how important I was to him and the company and assuring me that I’d be making more money than ever from now on. I thought to myself, Gee, why did people tell me he’s such a cold fish?” Then Perlmutter presented him with a two-year contract at half his previous salary. Lee was astonished. After the royal treatment by Bill Bevins, he thought, this was like Martin Goodman all over again.

>But Perlmutter had underestimated just what Stan Lee’s loyalty meant to the company. Lee’s lawyer began negotiating. Without a contract, Lee might contest the ownership of some of those characters for which Marvel had, on innumerable occasions over three decades, credited him as the creator. And even if Lee didn’t have much of a case, the damage to Marvel’s public image would be devastating. The two parties eventually settled on a salary raise to $ 810,000 (with generous annual increases), plus a $ 500,000 yearly pension for his wife, plus $ 125,000 for writing the Spider-Man comic strip, and a whopping 10 percent of any movie and television profits that Marvel enjoyed. Furthermore, the new contract was nonexclusive, which meant that Lee could supplement his income in other ways— in fact, by the time he re-signed with Marvel, he’d already lined up an Internet start-up called Stan Lee Media.
>>
>>88437288
Wow, he really did Jew the living daylights out of them.
>>
>>88437288
Thanks tripfag.
>>
>>88435311
Here you go, you little faggot

https://youtu.be/p4z7xuDhMeg?t=6m14s
>>
>>88437302
Stan Lee later got into a lawsuit with Marvel (sometime around 2005). He lost his royalties but Marvel lost $10m. How much of that Stan received is unknown

He later tried to sue for $1b, because apparently sucking the life out of people is expensive

>>88437357
No worries babe
>>
>>88437288

>%10 of movie profits

Pretty worthless actually, Hollywood accounting means that none of these films technically ever make a profit. Lee is a very rich man but he's not that rich.
>>
>>88437415
I think he lost that 10% a few years before Iron Man. He got into a lawsuit with Marvel, where he "lost his royalties" but settled for somewhere up to $10 million
>>
>>88437373
no u
>>
File: 1st-spiderman-146058.jpg (32KB, 350x511px) Image search: [Google]
1st-spiderman-146058.jpg
32KB, 350x511px
Everyone knows Jack Kirby is the sole creator of Spider-Man
>>
>>88437500
>web-shooter
Top kek.
>>
>>88437373
It's weird, because it seems that Ditko is an asshole, and Stan just doesn't seem to understand that while he was a huge part of Spidey and he was the creator almost in full, Steve was stilla bit of that. Seems like the core was Stans but a lot of Pete's stand out books were Ditkos.

Though honestly, the more I hear about this, the more it sounds like Spidey was his creation.

Ditko kinda reminds me of the guy who thinks he "created" spider Gwen
>>
>>88437509
It's a gunn that exclusively shoots people named Mark Webb.
>>
>>88437567
Does he really deserve it?
>>
>>88437588
Not really, a normal gun should do the trick.
>>
>>88437647
But this one is enchanted by Doctor Strange to not harm anyone else.
>>
>>88437500

The cool thing about this is that I think Amalgam Spider-Boy kinda too its web gun idea from this, based on the idea that DC's Superboy at the time needed a visor in order use his own version of the heat vision.
>>
>>88437524
It's not black and white, the Spidey we have today is a result of both their contributions
>>
>>88437288
Fucking legendary. How can people hate on Lee when he BTFO Ike this hard?
>>
>>88438099

Because Lee is a libtard whereas based Ike "our guy" Perlmutter is a Trump supporter
>>
>>88434841
>Talking to people who bought Saga merch
>>
>>88437373
What a monster!!!!
>>
>>88438605
Truly. I can deal with an asshole. But an asshole thief that pretends like he's a nice guy when the camera's are rolling? lowest of the low.
>>
>>88432578
Nobody asked for your damn opinion of Stan Lee, anon. Are you trying to talk to the girl or not? All that negative shit makes you look like a creep.
>>
Stan Lee is literally worse than Bob Kane
>>
>>88432636
More of a pest than a goon, after all he did not check her in to wall, rip off her helmet, and punch her in the head
>>
>>88436259
you don't get royalties when you are hired to create a character for a company.
>>
>Plebs still fall for the 'Stan Lee is a crook' meme.
>>
>>88436590
>Fun fact, for the last dozen or so issues of Ditko's run, Stan Lee had zero imput on the story, only writing dialogue and captions, occasionally leading to Lee assuming minor crooks were working for people they had no connection to in the story written by Ditko.

this is when spidey started to go on rants about objetivism, right?

>>88436983
>>88436990
KEK

>>88437302
The comics crash fucked marvel somewhat fierce. Losing independence is a sour thing for everyone involved.

If you ask me, judging from some tidbits I've read on /co/ about an anon that met him (I distinctly recall he said Lee regretted some of the decisions the company took over the years), and Stan's overall attitude in his letters and statements across the years, I think he lost interest on the company - that marvel wasn't what it was, the one he and the 70s crew worked on - so he didn't care about harming the company when perlmutter stepped on his toes.
>>
>>88432578
I actually thought it was going to be something like the girl wasn't really into comics but no, of course, you were the one to fuck it up. Great job autist
>>
drunk in front of charming little club right around the corner where I reside. alone there so chitchat with some casual fucks, why not. will use my drunk social abilities and spread joy and love everywhere. conversation with some bitch and some other dude. girl goes like "oh i don´t like the new batman and since when does he kill, they´ve got them so wrong!"
end up explaining to her why batman with no hope for the future and going crazy on crime god tier batman.
end up being called soon to be killer. try to explain harder why gotham can´t be saved and some flashpoint thomas wayne bat shit.
>>
File: tips fedora.gif (3MB, 350x295px) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.gif
3MB, 350x295px
>>88442432
>>
>>88432578
What did you do first that night, masturbate or cry?
>>
>>88436158
Ditko is a grade A Randroid, anon. Any time anyone but him benefits from his efforts morally offends him.
>>
File: Comb15122016023120.jpg (65KB, 455x350px) Image search: [Google]
Comb15122016023120.jpg
65KB, 455x350px
>you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about
>>
File: 1481125035201.png (345KB, 576x592px) Image search: [Google]
1481125035201.png
345KB, 576x592px
>>88432578
Live and learn OP
>>
I have plenty of stories of people spouting bullshit, but I'll post a positive one

>start dating a girl who never read a comic in her life
>I'm often talking about them so she gets curious and asks questions
>I start explaining what Hellboy is, and how deep the Marvel universe is
>she gets excited and borrows Hellboy, Doctor Strange Trimph and Torment, Sif, Corto Maltese
>she's read all of HB so fast I thought she was possessed.

Getting to show stuff to someone who is genuinely interested is awesome. Also, most of the time when I see a movie adaptation with friends, I'm usually the one who explains stuff that are in the comics. Now, I have someone who not only understands my jokes, but makes some comic inspired jokes of her own.
>>
>>88432578

Has someone ever cosplayed disco Stan Lee?
>>
>Reading Sandman on the bus
>some little kid sees me reading a comic and gets really excited
>Asks me if I like comics and what kind of comic is Sandman and if he's a good guy
>I explain Sandman's story
> Kid thinks it's boring and says he likes comics about heroes like Batman.
>>
>>88447829
Bullshit
Kids don't read comics
>>
>>88447874
I was surprised too.
>>
>Wearing Batmanga shirt
>Dude started Batman convo, was cool
>Didn't know who Lord Death Man was, just said 'Lord Death Man, he's cool'
>Two minutes later he started explaining who Jason Todd was and that there are, in fact, more than one Robin

Other than that he seemed cool but man I was just trying to look at the art exhibit
>>
>>88447581

Bitches love Hellboy.
>>
>>88446209

But Lee cucked Jack not Steve
>>
>>88437500
>>88437509
>>88437680
That's not real, unfortunately
>>
>wearing judge death t shirt at work for casual Friday
>manager looks at t shirt and asks what it is
>"its judge death from a comic book series called judge dredd. He's a cop who thinks that seeing only the living commit crimes being alive is a crime. So he kills innocents, even children, preemptively preventing them from becoming criminals. Also when his body is destroyed the soul survives and is eventually put into some random dead body (usually one of his supporters) so he can start killing people all over again"

My manager just told me to get back to work and noone asks me about my t shirts anymore.
>>
>>88442905

Both. At the same time.
>>
>>88433116
I've read this before.
>>
>>88434725
That scene didn't have to do anything with the plot at all, wtf Raimi?
Thread posts: 232
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.