[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this the exact moment that The Simpsons became irredeemable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 27

File: 12-05.png (280KB, 663x501px) Image search: [Google]
12-05.png
280KB, 663x501px
Was this the exact moment that The Simpsons became irredeemable?
>>
>>88430046
Never? It's just a tv show. Calm down.
>>
File: 3_bears.png (210KB, 511x357px) Image search: [Google]
3_bears.png
210KB, 511x357px
No, this was. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T8ScFT-4wU

Keep in mind this was years before Family Guy would become similarly unpleasant and edgy
>>
>>88430046
>>88430073
>This much faggotry
>>
>>88430046
You mean the time an animal anally raped Homer for Mr Burns amusement? Fun times.
>>
>>88430073
>using a typical THOH gag as "irredeemable"
Stop being a delicate little snowflake. That was mild.
>>
Hard to pinpoint a exact jump-the-shark moment for the show but i would say it started going downhill with When You Dish Upon A Star. Shortly after terrible episodes like Homer Simpson In Kidney Trouble and Sunday Cruddy Sunday aired and the tolerable but definitely subpar by classic standards Doh In The Wind and Viva Ned Flanders. By the second half of season 10 the show had pretty much fallen into the post-classic era of the show.
>>
As for me... I dunno, something in Season 16?
>>
>>88431326
For a thread about the exact moment the show went downhill, this is an incredibly vague answer.

But seriously, Homer twisting his spine in When You Dish Upon a Star. First joke I found to be horrendous.
>>
File: 99c7ccgg3.jpg (45KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
99c7ccgg3.jpg
45KB, 512x384px
>>88431326
Uh...Season 15 had a whole bunch of awful, cringe-worthy moments in it.

Lisa trying to grow a dick? Yeah, classic Simpsons alright.
>>
File: elkcl.jpg (22KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
elkcl.jpg
22KB, 500x375px
The main plot is fine, but the subplot...
>>
File: aWjEIqL.jpg (27KB, 580x327px) Image search: [Google]
aWjEIqL.jpg
27KB, 580x327px
Lisa is completely awful in this episode, especially here (yeah I know it's a dream sequence, but still...)
>>
File: n7tz3XK.jpg (28KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
n7tz3XK.jpg
28KB, 512x384px
This one made Artie Ziff go from a hilarious Marge fantast to an unlikeable POS.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (122KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
122KB, 1920x1080px
And now the very worst of all. The show had past the point of no return here.
>>
File: 1450926658909.gif (369KB, 400x330px) Image search: [Google]
1450926658909.gif
369KB, 400x330px
>>88431507
>Lisa trying to grow a dick
This is a joke, right?
>>
>>88430046

Well, on a more optimistic note, at least he was wearing a suit and didn't fully get raped by the panda.
>>
Bart Gets an F
Too much forced drama
>>
>>88431688
>This is a joke, right?
I wish it was.

https://www.watchcartoononline.io/the-simpsons-season-15-episode-11-margical-history-tour-2

You can watch the entire sorry episode here.
>>
My jump-the-shark moments :

In the good way :
- Frank Grimes' Death

In the bad way :
- Loch Ness Monster
- The octuplets
- The song by the Jockey Elves
- Baby made a Boom Boom
- Marge showing her breasts as a plot conclusion
- Muscled Marge raping Homer
- The whole ridiculous and surreal plot of Pray Anything
- That 90s Show
- Fat Tony's death
- Popping eyes
- Season 23
- The whole town whoreshipping Lady Gaga
>>
>>88430073
Its Treehouse of Horror, that's pretty mild compared to others
Attack of the 50 foot eyesores was much more gruesome, such as Mr. Peanut ripping of a car roof and loudly crunching on the people inside.
>>
>>88430383
>>88430536

not sure if edgy or just autistic
>>
>>88431507
diatribe of a mad housewife was quite good. maybe I have rose tinted specs because I was mad into the simpsons at the time of that season.
>>
File: YTLzNwY.jpg (11KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
YTLzNwY.jpg
11KB, 320x240px
Forgot one. God, I hate this episode. I mean, Homer tries to murder Flanders over a freakin' book! A FREAKIN' BOOK!
>>
File: 1480555419390.jpg (39KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1480555419390.jpg
39KB, 350x350px
>>88431820
>- Muscled Marge raping Homer

Did she really rape him?
>>
>>88431928
You need to rewatch the episode because it's clearly not what happens in the actual episode.
>>
So does anybody ACTUALLY think Maud's death was the "jumping the shark" moment of the show? There were plenty of great episodes after that.
>>
>>88431720
it's still got eye and mouth holes
>>
>>88431983
Yes, and it was played for laughs
>>
>>88430383
>THIS MUCH ENTITLEMENT!
>>
>>88431820
What good way is there to jump the shark?
>>
>>88432052
Oh, I just watched the ending again. You're right. Still not a very good episode though.
>>
>>88432153
But I have to agree with you for The Ziff Who Came to Dinner. Horrendous episode.
>>
>>88432062
Yes, there was no reason to do it, and it didn't even result in a good episode. It was a downer all around and Ned wasn't a more interesting character for it.
>>
>>88431581
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CAGvb9ybqY
>>
I'm just gonna go with Bonfire of the Manatees. This one had to be the absolute worst example of a filler episode. The marriage crisis, the grossout jokes, the writing and voice acting completely phoned in (except Alec Baldwin, he was great).

Even if season 11 counts, I wouldn't because like I said before, the bad episodes are actually entertaining and i would actually go back to them soon.
>>
>>88431581
>>88432222
Smart and Smarter? Yeah that was bad. Especially Simon Cowell. I've never seen a guest star as bad at voice acting as him.
>>
Five Words

The Principal and the Pauper.
>>
>>88432103

...I didn't think about that...but I'd like to think that the panda didn't try to stick it in those places.
>>
To me, the start of the slide is in Season 9. At some point, the writers/show runners realized that Homer was the star and the most popular character and decided that any show that needed to be punched up needed more Homer. Unfortunately, forcing a funny character into a scene/ situation where they don't belong doesn't always result in hilarity. Since then, this crutch has gotten worse rather than better.
>>
>>88432346
I remember reading a very long article about that. They said that around season 8 is when the show shifted gears to become the "Homer gets into wacky situations" show.
>>
Armin Tanzarian... The jockey elves. The motorcycle sword fight. Later worse things like when marge is on steroids somehow get a pass because it's like, by then I am judging the show on a different criteria, like, it's obviously not classic simpsons anymore, so when stupid stuff happens I am not surprised.
>>
>>88430046
The moment it first aired.
>>
>>88430073
this gave me nightmares. Way too much blood.
>>
>>88432346
That can be blamed on Mike Scully who was the guy that decided every episode should be about Homer being a loud, rude idiot who goes on wacky adventures with Bart as his Deputy Droopalong sidekick.
>>
the first point I really noticed that it'd gotten absolutely awful was the episode where the Simpsons went to Italy
>>
>>88432471
The Italian Bob? I haven't seen that one in a long time but I don't remember it being that bad.
>>
Early in the 5Fxx run (ie. when Mike Scully took over as showrunner) is when the decline became noticeable. Act 3 of THOH VIII (Easy Bake Coven) is pretty subpar and an omen of later trilogy episodes. Then we have Bart Star which has the typical Scully jerkass Homer. The next couple of episodes aren't great, but they're not terrible either. At that point, we get to Trash of the Titans and Bart Carny which really seems to be starting a trend as far as characterization and overall mean-spirited style. Though there are still some decent episodes interspersed throughout this production line, by the end of it, we have When You Dish Upon a Star. If that's not indicative of something very different with the show, I don't know what is.

It's astounding to think that this is a mere two production runs removed from Mother Simpson.
>>
Somewhere in season 8, the show lost a step, but it regained it in the classic season 9. When You Dish Upon a Star was the beginning of the permanent decline.
>>
>>88430046
I distinctly remember that was the moment I stopped watching Simpsons.
>>
I don't think that the decline of the show can be put down to an exact moment. I think that overall the show pretty much plateaus in quality between seasons 3-9, with the absolute peak in early season 7, before a gradual decline in season 10 and then a steeper decline in season 11.

Season 8 is where you notice things slowing down a bit, the show got more meta and the writing generally wasn't as good. Oakley and Weinstein said on one DVD commentary that they did feel the writing was getting slack at the end of the 4Fxx episodes.

>Homer's Enemy
Probably unpopular as some love this episode, but Homer's stupidity is clearly over-accentuated to ridiculous proportions, which is partly indicative of his decline as a character. And I find it quite unsettling how he falls asleep at Grimey's funeral and then tells Marge to "change the channel". Does this seem like the Homer we see in episodes like Lisa's Pony, A Streetcar Named Marge or Lisa the Iconoclast for example? I still quite like this episode, but to me it is an early indication of Homer's decline as a character. Not quite sure if it falls into "Jerkass Homer" territory though.

I'll point out that I'm ignoring "The Principal and the Pauper" because I don't personally have an issue with it. Disagree all you want.
>>
Just now I realized that the consensus about when did The Simpsons became shitty is far before from when I considered them to become shitty.
>>
>>88431928
>Homer loses his job
>Homer and Marge have a marriage crisis
>Bart's hijinks go too far and he's either expelled from school or forced to something to discipline him

Those three plots have been repeated so much it doesn't make sense anymore
>>
>>88432742
You've got no taste and you were never 10 years old (same age as Bart) when the show premiered and you just don't know how big it was back then

I would squeeze a poncho onto Matt Groening's head if I ever saw him in real life. Squeeze that whole poncho dry
>>
>The Trouble With Trillions
This one is kind of a guilty pleasure for me, but the episode just goes way off into zany Saturday Morning Cartoon antics in the third act.
>Trash of the Titans
Jerkass Homer at his worst.
>When You Dish Upon A Star
More jerkass Homer, also the guest stars being the focus of the episode.
>Homer Simpson in Kidney Trouble
Great first act, after that Homer becomes a bigger asshole than I have the stomach for.
>Monty Can't Buy Me Love
I don't mind some of the jokes or Homer's cynical ending, but Mr Burns is crapped on. Why does he care about being loved when all his actions prior to this episode indicate that he doesn't care and his character is a satire of corporate business greed? Why does he think the Loch Ness monster will bring him love and admiration? Why did they have to resort to something that doesn't exist to progress the plot? Why? It's a perfect combination of awful characterization, poor storytelling/plot and zany SMC antics which are indicative of not only what occurs in later seasons, but even at this point now.
>>
>>88432062

I don't know about her death, but the way they treated the death during the episode and afterwards was jumping the shark.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
21KB, 480x360px
Because of That 90's Show I never watched a new episode or even a syndicated rerun ever since
>>
>>88430073

Literally the very first treehouse of horror (bad dream house) is worse than that.
>>
>>88432801

I don't remember when it became a hit in my country (pretty sure way after it happened in the US because I've never seen a chapter from Season 1 or 2 on tv here) , but yeah I started to watch it at 15. I know some kids at my school watched it before.

But for example I've never had a problem with episodes like Doh in the Wind, for example. As a general rule, if they have the new voice actors or the new presentation, I can be sure the chapter will be awful.
>>
>>88432742

Its fine, there's forum posts from the 90s where people were complaining that simpsons went to shit after season 1.
>>
>>88432851
I fucking hate this episode. It made the modern-era Simpsons completely unbearable to me, although I think they jumped the shark WAY before this. This was maybe the 5th time they jumped it.
>>
>>88432742
I guess you referring as "shitty" to the moment where the show became completely unwatchable, even after Season 10 there were some good episodes.
>>
I gave up with That 90s Show.
>>
I think Homer falling down the canyon in Bart the Daredevil was one of the worst things they ever did because it started the entire precedent of how it was a good idea for Homer to be injured as many times as possible in an episode.

Also Mike Scully said that BTD is one of his favorite episodes, so go figure.
>>
>>88432801

For example, I can watch three of the five episodes in this post >>88432808 without trouble (Trouble with Trillons, Trash of the Titans and Kidney Trouble).

Or at least I can remember some good jokes/scenes from them.
>>
>>88431507

Fuck you, that was funny.
>>
>>88432973

Yeah, the episodes that make you just turn off the TV.
>>
>>88433087
That episode had not even one laugh from beginning to end. 0/10 episode.
>>
The gay marriage episode. Literally why.
>>
>>88430046
I can't believe we won another contest! The Simpsons are going to Delaware!

Really, it became terrible when the show started doing the crappy cliches that they made fun of in earlier seasons to say they were out of ideas. Have no fears, we have stories for years
>>
>>88432851

>closing time
>nirvana
>weird al
>back to the future
>sonic
>lasertag
>frappuccinnos

Do you realize you are saying no-no to all that?
>>
Catch Em If You Can. If there was ever an episode that made me want to throw something at the TV...
>>
>>88433018
I don't think it's fair to hate a good gag for a bad trend. As a standalone gag, the canyon was really funny.
>>
>>88430046
MARGE, CHANGE THE CHANNEL
>>
I don't know if the show still does this but one thing I remember frequently happening by the time I stopped watching (in the year 2001) was how the first five or so minutes of every episode had absolutely nothing to do with the main story. I fucking hated that and I remember it just getting worse and worse. It was the laziest possible way of writing a story.
>>
>>88433345

Don't you hate it when something works so people repeat it until it becomes trite?
>>
File: Dat Baby.jpg (48KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Dat Baby.jpg
48KB, 512x384px
So obvious it doesn't even need to be said.
>>
>>88433413
Of course. But that's like saying you hate a good joke because a bunch of other people retold it. It's not a bad joke now, it's just the people endlessly retelling it who are unfunny.
>>
>>88433429
it killed rugrats too
>>
>>88433429
>character who plays an important role in one episode and has a couple of background appearances in a few other out of literally hundreds of episodes is the worst thing that's ever happened to the Simpsons

Like, what?
>>
File: 1431190966914.png (334KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
1431190966914.png
334KB, 640x464px
If you were to redefine jumping the shark, The Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire would be it.
Everything about the episode feels unrealistic and forced. The family JUST SO HAPPENS to spend the exact amount of savings on removing a tattoo, and Homer JUST SO HAPPENS to not get his holiday bonus. Of course this happens just so the Simpsons can be put in a pitiable position. Boo hoo.
And the ending? Don't get me started on that tripe. The family gets a free dog right out of the blue? Why? Because Homer and Bart were are the ring at the right time? It's just too convenient.
And let's not forget the characters. Barney's supposed to be a lost drunk, not Homer's friend. Ned's Christian undertones are brought down WAY too much in this episode. Homer is angrier and doesn't sound right. There's just too much wrong with this picture, it infuriates me.
This episode is an irredeemable slog all the way through.
>Inb4 b-but muh Christmas special
Fuck you.
>>
>>88433384
That is kind of to Simpsons what cutaway gags are to Family Guy.
I'm pretty sure every single episode of the Simpsons has a first act that has nothing to do with the rest of the plot.
>>
>>88433736
How about first actual episode? Never mind christmas special. Sure it sucked, just like the rest of season 1 but it was a shitload better than all the tracy ulman shorts.
So, no, fuck YOU.
>>
File: image.jpg (166KB, 640x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166KB, 640x1080px
>>88430046
When Troy Mclore and Lionel Hutz died
>>
>>88433959
That bait is shit you stupid tryhard.
>>
>>88433736

I know what you're trying to do but none of that can beat Homer being raped by a panda.
>>
>>88433736
Anon it is literally impossible for a show to jump the shark with its first episode. Shit, I'd say that it's impossible for a show to jump the shark in the first season (or if the season is long enough, first thirteen episodes). The core concept of jumping the shark is betraying the original appeal of the show, and how can the show have original appeal yet if the show hasn't made a name for itself?
>>
File: 1409290462442.gif (474KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1409290462442.gif
474KB, 500x383px
http://www.nohomers.net/showthread.php?109791-When-was-the-exact-moment-the-show-went-downhill

Oh, this thread and its 30 IPs to 87 post ratio suddenly make sense.
>>
>>88431639
I dont get it
>>
>>88434185
There's 52 IPs.
>>
>>88434222
>Homer making it look as if Marge was the one driving drunk so he wouldn't get in trouble

Shamefuru dispray.
>>
>>88434185
>>88434223
>Ip stays the same for the entire thread
>*Sound of one wrist slapping*
>>
>>88431834

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ37Ggq3SyI
>>
>>88431051
fuck off
>>88432884
nope, ur retarded
>>88431834
ur retarded as well
>>
>>88434812
Says the faggot who can't spell "you're"
Go back to facebook, mobile pleb.
>>
>>88432263
I recall an interview with him where he said he rocked up and they said, say these lines
He asked for direction because he's not a voice actor/actor and they just said to say it like he talks on TV
He had no idea what the fuck to do because he doesn't do much in the way of scripted television, he just talks - so giving someone a script that is supposed to be a parody of themselves isn't exactly direction.
>>
So if you were given retroactive powers to end the simpsons at any season what would it be
I really want to say season 11 just to end it on behind the laughter
But season 10 and 11 have just to many bad episodes compared to good and great episodes.
>>
>>88432851
That's also the episode I stopped watching the Simpsons weekly. I saw a few more new episodes irregularly after that but as someone who watched them from the beginning I felt betrayed.
>>
>>88435193
>I recall an interview with him where he said he rocked up

>rocked up
He was smoking crack? What.
>>
>>88435329
He went to the studio? Is English your second language?
>>
>>88430046
No, it was just a one-off.
>>
>>88432237
That episode actually had some decent jokes, to be fair.
>>
I stopped watching television for a year due to complications in life, came back and saw That 90's Show.

I haven't really tried to catch new episodes since then.
>>
The episode where Bart goes crazy because an entire town bullies him over failing at baseball?
>>
>>88435329
>>88435341
It means he froze, like sudden stage fright. Don't criticize somebody's english skills when you can't understand a metaphor.
>>
A lot of guest stars have been shit at voice acting desu.
>>
>>88432408
>The motorcycle sword fight

Why does this come up so much? Don't get me wrong, it's not a good gag, but it barely even registers as an event.

Why is it so often brought up as some point of no return?
>>
>>88435724
Memes are a great way to avoid critical thinking if you're a stupid asshole.
>>
>>88435781
What?
>>
>>88435799
People hate that gag because they see others dislike it and they simply adopt somebody elses opinion. Memes.
>>
File: 1480970614863.jpg (2MB, 3838x1888px) Image search: [Google]
1480970614863.jpg
2MB, 3838x1888px
>>88430046
When I first started watching the Simpsons 600 marathon, I had only watched a few episodes before, and only the really modern ones (2007+), so I was impressed with the early quality, but one trend I couldn't ignore was Lisa becoming more arrogant and insufferable with each passing episode until every other sentence coming out of her mouth was cringe worthy. Did anyone else notice that trend?
>>
Gil being fired near Christmas.
Marge takes him in. He kinda makes life hard whilst living there.
But then he leaves and manages to find a job himself.
But Marge, not satisfied that he left without her chewing him out, proceeds to go to where he works, chews him out and humiliate him and gets him fired again.

OK, there's Gil thing being that he's unlucky and then there's are you really trying to get us to hate Marge. It was completely mean spirited, considering its a Christmas episode and it wasn't humorous at all.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 256x197px
>haven't seen a single episode for more than a decade
>got paid to translate two of the recent ones (the Cuba and some other one)
>go in expecting Star Vs/Gravity Falls level of forced "humor" with a side of SU-level of SJW preaching
>actual episodes are fairly OK and subdued
Simpsons might not be what they used to be, but they aren't exactly lolsofunny garbage or gorefest either. I expected a lot worse
>>
>>88435910
Yeah! And people only think the "Frank Grimes" episode is funny because it's so fucking not funny. I didn't laugh a single time during that episode.
>>
>>88435972
You're one of those people who relate to Grimey, aren't you?
It was brilliant, your issue is you're not the kind of person who actually likes to enjoy things.
>>
>>88435953
Just because you don't appreciate the humor doesn't make it forced. Use a fucking dictionary before you steal a buzz word.
>>
>>88436115
Forced as in it has no place in current situation, but it's there anyway
>>
>>88430046

Nah Bart getting emancipated and moving to a building with Tony Hawk was the camel that bent the straw.
>>
>>88435907
Yes. It's because she transitioned from "know-it-all sister" to "liberal mouthpiece." It doesn't help that she has SO MANY EPISODES dedicated to her, too.
>>
>>88435972
You have to look at it like a really grim lampoon of Dennis the Menace. The American one.
>>
File: Life_on_the_Fast_Lane.jpg (132KB, 456x279px) Image search: [Google]
Life_on_the_Fast_Lane.jpg
132KB, 456x279px
>>
File: sadgasm.png (231KB, 496x373px) Image search: [Google]
sadgasm.png
231KB, 496x373px
Stuff like Italian Bob or 90s show or anything that really fucks up continuity.

Now I don't think a comedy show needs to have a strong ongoing continuity but there's a world of difference between not being beholding to one and going out of the way to retcon yourself for cheap reference jokes and forced relevancy
>>
>>88437102
>It doesn't help that she has SO MANY EPISODES dedicated to her, too
They have to do that to justify what Yeardley Smith is getting paid to voice one character.
>>
>>88430073
Treehouse of Horror was always edgy. granted, that's just the norm nowadays for network adult cartoons, thanks to Faggily Guy
>>
>>88437670

At least there's bob's burgers
>>
>>88437679
I wonder if that show would have been just as bad as the others if they'd gone with the early idea of them being cannibals making burgers out of people.
>>
>>88435953
>it's not cancer, it's just AIDS
Well...ok.
>>
>>88436290
Sky 1 spent a couple of weeks just running promos of the 300TH EPISODE AND TONY HAWK WILL BE IN IT and then I watched the episode one sunday and it so dull
>>
>>88432562
Bart Carny was a okay episode with a strong first act
>>
>>88437247
Season 1 was total shit and none of those chunks of fake vomet count.
>>
>>88431983
Man cant get raped you CIS SCUM
>>
>>88438825
I think it's pretty obvious that episode wasn't written as a milestone, it was just the easiest episode to fit a milestone reference into. Marge even acknowledges it's not even the 300th episode.
>>
it started to suck the moment they changed voice actors in the latino dub

starting from that Hooters episode with the contractor dude
>>
>>88440604
It just seemed like a giant letdown to me and probably the main reason I stopped truly caring about the Simpsons
>>
File: THE WORMS WON'T STOP.png (165KB, 264x386px) Image search: [Google]
THE WORMS WON'T STOP.png
165KB, 264x386px
>>88431507
>Lisa trying to grow a dick
uhh
is that anywhere close to as lewd as it sounds

before I waste my time watching Zombie Simpsons
>>
>>88430073

I actually prefer this ending to the original one, bitch deserved it for home invasion.
>>
>>88440853
It's just a joke about how Hamlet gets to have all this plot going on because he's a prince, and his princess sister doesn't get to because she doesn't have a penis. She's told that if she wants to be involved in politics, either she has to grow a penis or shut up.
>>
>>88440858
Edgy spins on classic fairy tales are really played out but I'll never get sick of "Goldilocks breaks into an innocent bear household."
>>
In my eyes, season 8 was the last infallible season.

Season 9 has half top-quality, half so-so.

Season 10 is where it drops off a bit more.

And it's a dumpster fire from s11 onwards (though I do love the "Behind the Laughter" episode from season 11).
>>
>>88432062
What if one day they decide to bring her back soap opera style
>>
>>88434185
>>88434223
>>88434346

I've noticed that a shitton of threads on /co/ over the years are just copy pasted from Nohomers. Why is this?
>>
>>88441034
Presumably there's at least one anon who uses both Nohomers and /co/.
>>
>>88432062
They should've killed off another of Maggie Roswell's characters instead of Maude, poor Ned has been shit on so much.
>>
>>88432108
When the hell was this?
>>
Marge has taken steroids, gotten breast implants, and done other shit to her body, but has she ever gotten as fat as Homer?
>>
>>88432062
Yes, because after that Ned went from a kind, if somewhat conservative, neighbor to a bible thumping moral guardian who exists just so Matt can shit on Christians the same way that Seth shits on atheists through Brian.

Nobody left that episode a better person.
>>
>>88441312
When Marge got attacked by a thief and became a shut-in and decided to start bodybuilding as a result.
>>
>>88431983
Wait, was this before or after the Family Guy episode with the same scene?
>>
>>88432635
same.
>>
>>88430046
I don't know but I have a very clear memory of the episode that made me permanently drop Simpsons. It was the one where they go on the cruise and bart stops it cause he loves it so much and it ends with them in the arctic.

It wasn't funny at all. Any jokes that were in it seemed like they were there to fill a joke quota.
>>
>>88442451
That sounds bad but not offensive like other things that were mentioned ITT
>>
>>88430046
Best scene ever
>>88430073
you have no sense of humor
>>
>>88437523
>Watching The Simpsons
>Bitching about continuety
... I don't even fucking know if this is sarcasm or somebody can br this goddamn stupid andstill know how to use the internet
If there were any fucking continuety Bart and Lisa woild be older than most of us here.
>>
>>88431847
just has taste and is not an SJW
>>
File: 1426565585876.png (155KB, 287x347px) Image search: [Google]
1426565585876.png
155KB, 287x347px
Rewatching the series from season 1 two years ago, I felt the start of the shift around season 7, but after Phil Hartman's last appearance, that was when it became more apparent.
>>
>>88432108
Rape IS funny
>>
>>88445499
especially clown rape
>>
Homer the Moe (it wasn't a bad ep, it just felt like it didn't have the same Simpsons charm)
>>
File: shit episode_0001.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
shit episode_0001.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>>88430046
>>
>>88445818
>Shit post_00001.jpg
Oh eah thanks, good point because we all instantly recognize every single frame and know exactly when it was aired.
Stupid fuck.
>>
>>88435470
It really doesn't. Its UK slang for showing up somewhere.
>>
>>88446331
I can't fathom the etymology of Rock meaning appearing. You lost the naming rights, the language is now Canadian because we speak it beter.
>>
>>88446668
Oh ya, really sorry aboot dat dere
>>
>>88446749
Only people just south of the border and people in Toronto, which is barely canada sound like that.
Quebec is more Canadian.
>>
>>88446781
The GTA doesn't really have any homogeneous accent, I would say the closest thing to the stereotypical Canadian accent that used to appear often on national television is still found in central and northern Ontario.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hny1KcGiyr4

The aboot thing is something I've never fucking encountered, sounds more like the Minnesota regional accent if anything.
>>
>>88437670
>not Faggily Gay
>>
>>88446314
I'm not some autistic encyclopediafag, but even I know what episode that is.

It's not early enough to be considered a turning point for the series, but it sure was noticeably stupid as fuck. I suppose you could say that the Simpsons successfully jumped the shark, and in this episode they landed on a tightrope suspended over a cage of hybrid snake sharks.

To the Calder mobile was a good joke doe.
>>
>>88431820

>- Fat Tony's death

This is unironically my favourite Simpsons episode
>>
>>88445462
>Posting on 4chan
>Not having reading comprehension

Hey, retard. Try going over it again. Im not bitching about continuity. If they get minor details wrong between episodes or for the sake of a joke, fine whatever. If they have to adjust for a sliding timeline? That's also okay, inevitable really.

But there's that and then there's going out of the way to fuck up what continuity you have have for cheap LOL90s jokes.

"Homer's Barbershop Quartet" was a good episode filled with a lot of nice moments. What came out of That 90s Shows? Drrrr Dial Up Internet sucked lol.
>>
>>88446314
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG6wkRQ4f2g
>>
>>88441384
I don't think Matt has had much involvement in the show since the early days.
I got all the season DVDs up until 11. He does an intro for every season, from I think season 4 onwards. On his introduction to Season 11 it's very clear he actually can barely remember the season and didnt have much involvement with it.
>>
>>88445424
piss offf, edgelord, that isn't funny at all
>>
>>88434987
ur not worth full proper spelling jackass
>>
>>88432201
>there was no reason to do it

>learning ned is hung like a horse

Wasn't that bad.
>>
>>88449641
What's the point of having the great american challenge when you're too much of a prude to bathe naked?

Besides, Homer was probably just being generous with the blur considering how mad Ned got when he showed that part to him.
>>
>>88441384
Isn't Seth McFarlane himself an atheist? It seems like Brian's atheism was treated as a positive thing at one time, until it was apparent that a lot of the fans didn't like it (either because they didn't agree or they just found Brian himself obnoxious).
>>
>>88449718

>Besides, Homer was probably just being generous with the blur considering how mad Ned got when he showed that part to him.

I think it was confirmed when the Hollywood actress Ned slept kept gushing over the sex.
>>
>>88440604
I actually thought that episode was good until the celebrities showed up...
>>
>>88449770
Brian's atheism basically became a mouthpiece for MacFarlane's atheism, which is partly why the character became reviled, in addition to him being a liberal douchebag who mooched off his best friend's kindness, banged bimbos for sexual gratification, rarely acknowledges his problems, and later pulled some absolutely fucked up shit that even Stewie was appalled by, such as giving Stewie and Chris herpes and letting Stewie be abused at his daycare center just because he wanted to bang the chick who was running it.

Then to make matters worse, they ruined Quagmire's character so that he could be a voice for the haters, which also didn't work because Quagmire had no real animosity toward's Brian in the past and most of the shit he shat on Brian for is shit that he himself is guilty of or shit that got taken out of proportion due to Brian falling on a landmine.
>>
>>88431507

You pic's context in this one was King Henry VIII trying to have a son but ended up with a daughter and told Lisa to either grow a dick or get lost
>>
>>88449569
Says the bitch that got triggered by off camera blood.
>>
>>88431581
>uneducated nig nog misses a classic film reference and blames The Simpsons for his own cultural retardation
>>
>>88430046
Didn't hurt the Tekken series when it happened there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edXRLN1znqw
>>
>>88437247
She should have cucked Homer desu
>>
>>88430046
Homerpalazoo and the episode where they meet Tony Hawk and he and Homer have a skateboard battle in mid-air were the tipping point for me personally
>>
>>88430046
Did Ned Flanders ever get remarried???
>>
>>88451312
He married Mrs. Krabapple and she died on him.
>>
>>88451045
Those two episodes were years apart.
>>
Boys of bummer is when I gave up on the simpsons. Bad things happening to bart is only really funny when he deserves it and this one just wanted to be an asshole to bart over losing a baseball game.
>>
>>88432851
I think this is the quintessential moment.

It wasn't the moment that the shark was jumped. But it was definitely the moment I started wondering when it did.
>>
>>88451352
>"this can't be real
>look it up
>it's real

Wow, as if Flanders didn't have a hard life before. I'm surprised he didn't murder Homer for killing another wife of his.
>>
File: 917560[1].jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
917560[1].jpg
44KB, 640x480px
I remember noticing how lame the jokes were getting around here
>>
>>88431820
>Marge showing her breasts as a plot conclusion
To be fair, her breasts were part of the plot so it's not like it was out of left field. And I thought it was really hot as a teen.
>>
>>88451988
Also not the first time she showed her boobs.
>>
>>88451958
Sounds about right for me too, honestly.
>>
File: New simpsons suck.gif (2MB, 256x368px) Image search: [Google]
New simpsons suck.gif
2MB, 256x368px
>>
Irredeemable is a strong word. I think it was when Sideshow Bob gained animal-based superpowers.
>>
>>88454452
She looks high and drunk in theold shit.
>>
>>88454727
Nah. The new animation looks robotic. She doesn't care that she couldn't find her baby.
>>
>>88437702
>early idea of them being cannibals making burgers out of people

Probably. First I've heard of this.
>>
>>88450651
poofter
>>
>>88456200
Lol go watch steven universe.
>>
Simpsons declined when Ralph Nader did not win the election in 2000

Family Guy declined when Bush got his second term

Cartoon Network slowly declined when Obama was elected
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.