[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DCEU future state (2018 and later)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

File: download.jpg (208KB, 1000x688px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
208KB, 1000x688px
Movies we are getting
>Gotham City Sirens
>Suicide Squad 2
>Deadshot Spin-off

Movies we SHOULD be getting
>Man of Steel sequel
>Flash
>Green Lantern
>Justice League 2

And this is only happening because Suicide Squad made lots of money, and WB thinks they are more popular than the main cast of JL due to the negative reception of MoS and BvS. This is bad.
>>
Their entire slate is fucked up.

The Flash is fucking canceled. It has to be, there's no room for it now that they're going to be shooting The Batman early next year instead of the Flash like they planned to do. And now they have the Harley Quinn spinoff bieng the furthest in production of new DC films.

I wouldn't be surprised if Aquaman gets pushed back again. Or hell maybe it'll be canceled if Wonder Woman does as badly as we think it will.

Justice League 2 is pushed back because of Batman and most likely won't have Snyder as director (which is good).

Cyborg has been canceled for some time, was combined with the Flash film but now that's also canceled.

Shazam is being handled by New Line and The Rock really wants it to happen, so it probably will be made but as a standalone like it was suggested to be.
>>
>>88424543
I doubt they are going to cancel Flash since they seem engaged enough in the project to look for directors, but it will probably get pushed back.

I don't see them canceling Aquaman since it will probably be mostly finished filming by the time Wonder Woman releases.

It's a weird slate, it lacks a coherent structure, but it does have the flexibility to adjust.
>>
>>88424543
I think Aquaman is too far in development to get cancelled mid-2017, they've already decided on shooting locations.

I agree with your other points.

I think WB are being too reactionary, they really should have a plan instead of bailing the second something goes wrong and chasing after $$$.
>>
>>88424091
Warner has just replaced their Top Creative Exec, El Mmayimbe said he the old one was the worst thing that happened to DCEU, so hopes are good now.
>>
>>88424091
>and WB thinks they are more popular than the main cast of JL due to the negative reception of MoS and BvS.
They probably are. I've been saying it for months now. Deadshot, simply by being Will Smith performing his generic Will Smith role number 237, managed more charisma and likability than a Snyder directed Cavill did across two movies.

The way to salvage this is pretty damn simple. Make it Earth Three. People already like the "villains" (and let's be real, the Skwad didn't do much villainy, they were mostly chaotic neutral leaning towards good) more. Might as well use it. Just start calling Affleck Owlman or something.
>>
>>88424766
The fact remains they aren't developing the most known well-known DC characters and instead rushing to make movies about characters who movies made money without thinking why it did so.
>>
>>88424766
Do you have a source please?
>>
>>88424859
http://www.thewrap.com/toby-emmerich-replaces-greg-silverman-warner-bros-president/
>>
>>88424859
http://deadline.com/2016/12/warner-bros-shakegreg-silverman-toby-emmerich-takes-top-production-post-1201870911/

It should be noted in that interview he mention Aquaman and Batman are being released in 2018.
>>
>>88424091
>and WB thinks they are more popular than the main cast of JL

But they are, independently of all these movies being shit.
>>
>>88424766
Who's to say the new guy is better?
>>
>>88425062
He produced New Line Cinema and James Wan movies, the ones that made ridiculous amount of money with a low budget.
>>
>>88424703
I doubt that they're engaged. WB has said nothing about The Flash ever since the last director left the project.
>>
>>88424543
>Cyborg has been canceled for some time, was combined with the Flash film but now that's also canceled.
Honestly, I just find this hilarious
>>
I imagine myself at 60 telling kids "Back in my times, DC was the home of the greatest heroes, now it's only known for edgy villains and morally questionable anti-heroes"

At this point DC will be nothing but a memory. It's so fucking sad.
>>
>>88424543
>now that they're going to be shooting The Batman early next yea

the movie that doesn't have a script and that is in no rush to get made?
>>
>>88424091
I dont get this. We are getting all the movies you have in your posts.
>>
>>88424091
>Gotham City Sirens
>Deadshot Spin-off
Man, this sounds similar to the shit Sony tried to pull with Spiderman. But it seems Warner is totally serious about it. The absolute mad men.
>>
>>88425213
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/ben-affleck-batman-live-by-night-1201941876/
>>
>>88425275
Sony was serious about Spiderman too. They just got railroaded hard by a lot of factors like the hack
>>
>>88425265
lol
>>
>>88425140
They're probably taking time to find a director who they are sure won't leave the project. I don't see any reason why they would just cancel The Flash outright if they were close enough to make a movie. It's not like Cyborg where there is nothing, they were fully committed to it and that's unlikely to change just because a director left.
>>
>>88425265
>We are getting all the movies you have in your posts.
That's not a good thing.
>>
I have no faith in the DCEU.
>>
>>88425298
>Aunt may agent of not shield
>Spiderman vs amazing spiderman
Ther has to be a limit, man. It's amazing how disconnected these executives can be from audiences and common sense.
>>
>>88424091
WB just said that The Batman is coming out in 2018.
>>
>>88425433
I think one of them also wanted Spidey to use Snapchat or something to connect with millennials
>>
I'll give Sirens a shot.

Fuck all else. I hope every character gets enough Jesus allegories and imagery for /tv/ to die of dehydration from jizzing their pants so much too.
>>
>>88425486
It's David Ayer and it's being written by a literally who with no movies released. The last person WB hired to write this movie wrote Shut In, which has a 0% on RT.

It'll suck.
>>
File: Oh the Metahumanity!.jpg (267KB, 1402x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Oh the Metahumanity!.jpg
267KB, 1402x1077px
>>
>>88425433
Don't forget "Glass Ceiling"
>>
File: u8tr5mojpbnytvuyxlsp.jpg (67KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
u8tr5mojpbnytvuyxlsp.jpg
67KB, 800x449px
>>88425185
> now it's only known for edgy villains and morally questionable anti-heroes"

Except that is literally Marvel's entire MO, except there are no villains because the heroes only fight other heroes.
>>
>>88424091
I hope how pathetically DESPERATE Disney shills are to canvas this board with as many anti-DC threads as they can. They just can't stand that they have to compete with anybody in making superhero movies, because they know they're deliberately offering an inferior product.

It's the same as their comics: they know they can't compete in quality, so they're trying to crash the industry a second time to hurt their competition. Since they're backed by a multimedia conglomerate this time they won't go bankrupt a third time.
>>
>>88426187
>>88426327
You're so sensitive dude.
>>
>>88425275
And like Sony those movies won't get made
>>
>>88424543
Won't New Line have to pay a lot of money to have The Rock be Black Adam?
>>
>>88425185
Did you know that comic books exist separately from movies?
>>
>>88427272
Marvelfags don't read comics.
>>
>>88427272
>>88428435
Comics are dying
>>
>>88428435
What does Marvel have to with anything?
>>
>>88428435
Why you think that everyone who dislikes the DCEU is a marvelffag? Are you underage?
>>
>>88428512
Well Marvel's definitely are. They literally can't even give them away.
>>
>>88428673
>Marvel Marvel Marvel
Give it a rest, you hate them yet that's all you ever talk about, even in DC threads.
>>
File: 1479957876426.jpg (276KB, 543x768px) Image search: [Google]
1479957876426.jpg
276KB, 543x768px
>>88428692
What's the matter? Does the Rat whip you when they see people going against their narrative in your attack threads?
>>
The fallacy of all of your logic is that in truth there is no slate at all

Whatever movie happens happens. There's no timeline, no Feige, no cinematic universe. It's just movies
>>
>>88425478
If only it was Snapchat
>>
>>88428741
WB is much more likely to use shills tho.
>>
>>88425169

Funniest thing is they don't want to come out to the press that Cyborg is canceled because they will take a pr hit.
>>
>>88424091
>>Gotham City Sirens
>>Suicide Squad 2
>>Deadshot Spin-off
Wait, for real? This is what they're putting out? I've been completely out of the loop for about two years now.
>>
I want MOS 2.
>>
>>88425114

Not inspiring much confidence
>>
>>88429052
There's plans to do it.
>>
>>88425298

No.....

The hack only showed us how messy things were. They were in talks with marvel for a long long time about crossovers or a merge. Even back in 2005-06 before SM3 came out. Sony made 3 movies with one of the most iconic characters EVER and did ok. Just ok. Marvel proved themselves over and over.

There was absolutely talk of having garfield be spider-man in CW and salvaging the 'Amazing' franchise. In the end it was decided to reboot again to start fresh and basically.... be cheaper. Renegotiating actors for appear in 4-6 more movies gets expensive.

The hack basically showed them how much support there is for this. The hack revealed a lot of dumb projects that never happened. Expensive ones like Angelina jolie's cleopatra. Good lord Sony was smart to see that as a narcissistic money sink. They knew adam sandler was a waste of money. They generally knew how fucked they were but were also stuck.

We still may get a venom movie and a sinister 6 movie IN the MCU. Ignore "seperate from" bullshit 1 guy was saying. Sony on a whole is waiting to see how homecoming does and marvel will work with them moving forward on future spider-man and spin off projects.
>>
>>88430722
>Sony made 3 movies with one of the most iconic characters EVER and did ok. Just ok.
Sony made a killing with Raimi Spidey. They were making 800m a movie. Amazing was a disappointment, but Raimi was far from it
>>
>>88428904
This guy gets paid $200k a year simply for being Jewish. What a life.

I'm expecting Wonder Woman to be decent since there's nowhere to go but up.
>>
>>88430809

I mean after 2005 when marvel said "hey we wanna make movies too!"

So I meant SM3, ASM1 and 2. SM1 and 2 did really well, but marvel wasnt trying to make movies till 2005 when they got the billion dollar loan or w.e
>>
Batman Cinematic Universe with special guest appearances by other DC Characters
>>
>>88428904
>>88428904
>that fucking pic
Every fucking time.
>>
>>88424091
fucking normies and their Batman reeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>88431691
>he thinks he was paid 200k a year
Oh anon, to be so naive. Pascal's assistant was paid 250k a year, how much do you think her producers were making?
>>
>>88432336
Sadly, this is the direction we're heading.

Fuck WB.
>>
>>88429063
>I want Batman 3
ftfy.
>>
Im just going to assume nothing is set in stone and everything hinges on Justice League's performance. Im already expecting bland shit from Wonder Woman and WB probably knows it wont win back anyone
>>
>deadshot spinoff

Why? he was always pretty irrelevant
>>
>>88432567
Its the Will Smith star power. Though personally I couldnt stand another movie with his phoned in Deadshot
>>
>>88432567
You really think Will Smith signed up for an ensemble flick?
>>
Apparently Ezra Miller is a real asshole

You didn't hear it from me
>>
>>88424091

The Deadshot spin-off is as real as the Shazam solo movie and as whatever fantasy there is that a GL movie is going to happen.

Aquaman has multiple scripts and pre-production work, so it's missing from your list.

Ditto Flash, although it's a little bit less along, which has more to with the fact that Miller has more work offered to him and they need to nail down stuff to get it slotted.

JL2 probably won't get finalized into anything until after its sold to premium cable and other worldwide similar services and how Bluray sales go.

>>88424543
The Batman has no script, nor director. After JL, Afleck is going to doing a similar thing as he did in Suicide Squad.

Cyborg as well is just an idea, there's not even any real pre-production on it.
>>
>>88432336
I'm ok with this. But i'm a batfag
>>
>>88425275

Suicide Squad is in the top ten box office movies of 2016. And it won against across the board awful reviews. Why wouldn't they make spin offs when it's proven to be successful?
>>
>>88432336
And this is more than likely gonna be successful.

MCU is kind of RDJ CU too and it's fucking works.
>>
>>88424091
lol
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.