[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People that dislike Zack Snyder's DC Films are the equivalent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 295
Thread images: 58

File: zackino.jpg (37KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
zackino.jpg
37KB, 580x326px
People that dislike Zack Snyder's DC Films are the equivalent to people that just blow through comic books without any appreciation towards the artwork.
>>
Why can't you ever just not like this guy without being equated to something else?
>>
>BBC News reported that, "the film had been widely praised by fans after its first screening in New York last week. But critics have not been so positive about the long-awaited movie.

pay the critics and the audience will follow.
>>
>>88423907
They really sucked, though.
>>
File: 1481469225362.jpg (413KB, 1373x530px) Image search: [Google]
1481469225362.jpg
413KB, 1373x530px
>>88423907
Why you are so insecure of your shitty taste?
>>
>>88423907

people that like Snyder's DC Films are the same one that enjoy reading books with art by Greg Land
>>
>>88424076

The visuals were 10/10 anon.
Hate is towards the script.
I don't get why people only bag on Zack while David S. Goyer wrote the script that everyone hates.
>>
>>88423907
more like people that don't appreciate atlas shrugged
>>
>>88424232
Nigga is literaly using DC movies to preach objectivism.
>>
It doesn't matter if the artwork is amazing if the dialogue is incomprehensible dogshit akin to "lol u tk him 2da bar?"
>>
File: Man_of_Steel_Concept_Art_CLS-19.jpg (759KB, 1200x1817px) Image search: [Google]
Man_of_Steel_Concept_Art_CLS-19.jpg
759KB, 1200x1817px
>>88424275
>>88424232

I know this board is complete shit, but you idiots don't need to show how dumb you are. There's nothing objectivist about his DCEU movies. An argument can be made about Watchmen giving rorschach the most "heroic" light in the movie, but that's pretty much it. Not a single one of his movies represents his idiology.

>>88423907

I really hope Zack is really involved in the creation of Atlantis and the new gods.

I really want to see more of his Krypton and how the designe of said world actually serves the themes in the movie. Whats the name of the girl he has in charge of the costumes?
>>
>>88423907
No they're not, they're pathtic tvfags like OP.
>>
>>88423907
Everyone agrees that Snyder's movies LOOK stunning. There's nothing to argue about there, the man can compose a shot great. He's a great VISUAL director.

It's just that the writing and editing in his movies is pretty much universally horrible. Just because he's good at one aspect of a movie doesn't mean he's automatically good at every other part, he's just not.
>>
File: 1480234853367.jpg (37KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1480234853367.jpg
37KB, 240x320px
>>88424156
Pacing (which was extremely shitty in BVS) is also the director's job, and he failed miserably, and if you really think the director has no creative influence whatsoever, you're really wrong.

Also, visual imagery for the sake of itself doesn't really add any value to a movie if it's so blatantly obvious, and "glorious religious imagery" is one of the main defences used by Snyder apologists.

I'll give you this. He's really good with his instagram filters.
>>
>>88424522
But there is nothing whatsoever wrong with the editing in Mos and 90% nothing wrong with the writing.
>>
>>88424547
>"glorious religious imagery" is one of the main defences used by Snyder apologists.
No they are fucking trolling retards, the religious imagery was only in 2 scenes in Mos, the church scene and the cross pose in space, they have JACK SHIT to do with the quality of the film or lack of it.
>>
File: 1481709629204.jpg (173KB, 850x1458px) Image search: [Google]
1481709629204.jpg
173KB, 850x1458px
>>88424573
The fact that the movie would be better if it was revealed that Pa Kent is Darkseid in disguise tells a lot.
>>
>>88423907
>People that dislike Zack Snyder's DC Films are the equivalent to people that dislike Zack Snyder's DC Films
FTFY
>>
>>88424275

Then why he doesnt shy away from actually making Lex a villian? Johns doesnt share his worldviews and yet he does push Lex as an anti-hero. Snyder on the other hand knows the "the world cant advance with superman helping" is bullshit and a lie by Lex.

Directors, actors, and pretty much every artists in the world can separate their beliefs from their roles, stories and pieces. Stephen Hopkins doesnt eat people, Black Sabbath are not satanists and MoS doesnt have anything remotly close to Rand's bullshit
>>
His films look incredible, mythic, stylized. Have heart and weight, incredible action. Looking way more forward to the DC slate, of hits and misses, than the Marvel flicks in which case, we pretty much already know what we'll get.
>>
>>88423907
>>
>>88423907
So smart people?
You READ a comicbook not LOOK at a comicbook.
If you care about the visuals other than the writing you can go just watch some painting.
>>
>>88424592
You really don't remember the BATJESUS part, right?

Fuck, yes, it's true, there's not a lot of relgious imagery, but if at the first 10 minutes of a movie you go with a scene such as that, people, not matter who they are, what they think of art, hell, not even mattering if they love DC or Marvel movies, will feel alienated with such a stupid scene.

And don't go with the "b-b-but it was a dream", there's something called context, and that scene ended up breaking the whole supposed "Man vs God" thingie Snyder was supposed to make.
>>
>>88424592
>No they are fucking trolling retards
You'd be surprised at how many people actually mean it. Of course I've seen it used ironically, as a meme, but there's the other faggots too.

>they have JACK SHIT to do with the quality of the film or lack of it.

Soooo... what I said?
>>
>>88424616
What the fuck are you talking about?
Him teaching Clark that the needs of the many out way the needs of the few does not make him fucking evil.
>>
>>88424681
>You really don't remember the BATJESUS part, right?
I never got any "jesus" aspect from it, it just came off as surreal artfulness to change it up from the dead pan realism of the Nolan films.
>>
>>88423907
Haha no. People who don't like Snyder movies wouldn't have the capacity to read comics. You're giving them too much credit.
>>
>>88424634
From a shill site of DCEU:

http://www.therobotspajamas.com/man-of-steel-film-is-based-on-randian-objectivism/

https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/michaelmatheson.wordpress.com/2016/04/28/review-batman-v-superman-ayn-rands-wet-dream/amp/?client=ms-android-samsung

He also makes all his vilains become "randomly evil" and try to destroy everything on sight. Kind of boring.
>>
>>88424758
Ok, Sucker Punch lover.
>>
>>88424547
>Pacing
Where was this a problem? I have yet to see any concrete examples.

>visual imagery for the sake of itself
But it wasn't. It added to the movie.
>>
>>88424127
Did they ever get a new director for The Flash yet?
>>
>>88424547
>Also, visual imagery for the sake of itself doesn't really add any value to a movie if it's so blatantly obvious, and "glorious religious imagery" is one of the main defences used by Snyder apologists.

you are a fucking idiot if you think that doesnt add any value.Especially when it actually ties into the context and expands the information given by the characters.

Also it's frustrating to talk with people that both call it "blatantly obvious" and at the same time calls it "religious" missing the pretty much all the "visual imagery " that isnt Christian, your ignorance made you blind to pretty important shit.

Doomsday was ADAM and Lex was Victor, there was clear imagery about that and yet you idiots insist it was all about jesus.
>>
>>88424127
joke would work better if the report hadnt turned out to be bull made up by pussy grabber faraci
>>
hey who's Superman's Judas? What about Peter?
>>
>>88424681
>You really don't remember the BATJESUS part, right?

You mean when he is elevated from a mortal, by using the Totem of the Bat becoming the Ãœbermensch?

A Ãœbermensch that goes dawn and fall after an encounter with a god?

...but sure, call him batjesus since that's all what you got from that escene.
>>
>>88424817
>Where was this a problem? I have yet to see any concrete examples.
>Those don't count
>I thought they were fine
>Why is this bad :^)
>Your lying
>You just didn't understand it.
>That's a meme!

There. I've fast forwarded this conversation by about twenty posts.
>>
>>88424860
For what I know, no.

They are concentrating on the movies with vilains, because they showed more charisma than JL characters.

>>88424869
>you are a fucking idiot if you think that doesnt add any value

You guys just make shit up, like the case with moby dick, that was denied by Snyder. Its mostly projection.
>>
>>88423907

to be short... they are shit, really dark script and suicidal tendencies aroused to everyone who wached them. After the dark knight trilogy ALL DC movies have been shit.
>>
>>88424946
Thanks. Notice how there weren't any concrete examples in that fast forward? Just like the other threads.
>>
>>88424947
>You guys just make shit up
"Excalibur Coming Soon" was literally at the start of the movie. You're insane if you think that there was 0 symbolism in the entire movie. Of course, you've already shown your insanity by disliking Snyder movies.
>>
>>88424740
well, if you're so supposed to notice art, it's obvious that the imagery of Bruce Wayne being lifted by bats was too obviously similar to the figure of Jesus Christ in the cross.

But I mean, since you're so supposed to look at the art direction of BvS, it should have been obvious by now that you blatantly ignored that part.

As I said, if that scene had been done way later in the movie, like, at the middle of the movie, befor Batman fights Supes, it would have been sorta related to his whole dillema in the movie. But, since Snyder is a really bad director who only knows how to do good scenes and not write them, then it's obvious that the scene didn't have relevance at all at what was originally going on.

>>88424916
Sorry, I don't speak Polish.
Jk, but seriously, men, at that point, Bat had not known of Supes, right?
Then why the fuck did he even dream of that?
If, as I said, the whole point is to show that Batman is in the right and a better human that Supes will ever be, then why the fuck you make such a scene at the beginning of the movie.

Fuck, I know you may ignore this fucking post, but be honest, was that scene really necessary?

Was it even needed to be filmed?
>>
>>88424817
>It added to the movie.

It did add, but it also required you to pay attention to more than just the action.

And he doesnt like that.

The pacing was bad tho.

But the movie structure has a serious problem, is based on a revenge tragedy, and while it was a brave thing to do, it's was also too different from what people, specially modern people expect from an action movie, it's the same reason some retards use the "moments" vs characters meme. The Revenge tragedy doesnt focus on the actions of the protagonists but on the world around them and how said world drags them to a particular end.
>>
>>88424869
Anyone with basic brain functions can realise the messianic connotations present in the concept of Superman.
You really don't have to crucify him on screen, or ram a spear into his chest to make it clear. As I said, it adds nothing. It's pretty much like saying "GET IT???" at the end of a joke.
>>
>>88425046

What was the King Arthur stuff? Who in the movie had a tragic prophecy? Did I miss Lois and Jimmy having an affair?
>>
File: nice cutscene.webm (2MB, 1916x796px) Image search: [Google]
nice cutscene.webm
2MB, 1916x796px
>>88424156
>The visuals were 10/10 anon.

when will this meme end?
granted it looks better than the MCU, but that's not an accomplishment
>>
>>88424947
>You guys just make shit up, like the case with moby dick, that was denied by Snyder. Its mostly projection.

For fucks sake, the electricity before Doomsday wakes up, the father-son shit, Lex speech at the party... Are you seriously so blind?
>>
>>88425046
Never said that there was no shitty symbolism at all, just that you project and make shit up, like moby dick's case.

Also, references to better movies doesn't make a movie good, only the underage Snyder fans believe it.
>>
File: totally not evil.jpg (146KB, 504x779px) Image search: [Google]
totally not evil.jpg
146KB, 504x779px
>>88425099

>It's pretty much like saying "GET IT???" at the end of a joke.

zack_snyder.jpeg
>>
>>88423907
you got that backwards
>>
>>88424989
No point in bothering with them, because you're just gonna use a stock reply.
>>
>>88424860
Still in limbo they will likely hold off until they see if WW and JL will turn it around
>>
>>88425067
>and how said world drags them to a particular end.

The movie had such bad momentum that Lex has literally to kidnap Martha to force them to fight on the last act.
>>
>>88425067

also why the fuck are you doing an epic revenge tragedy starring Superman??!?
>>
>Zack Snyder as director of photography
GREAT
>Zack Snyder as director of everything
SHIT
>>
>>88425112
>5 seconds of a cut scene validate my entire arguement
>>
>>88425129
>references to better movies doesn't make a movie good
Only you and the straw people say that. It's part of the reason why it's good, but not the only one.

>>88425172
There are no examples.
>>
>>88424902

well they did end up delaying the movie
>>
It's almost like there is more to a movie or a comic book than just its visuals
>>
If this were true Snyder would be able to make a conversation dynamic and beautiful, the man wouldn't know mise en scene if it bit him in the ass. The washed out colors are ugly, the films are always poorly edited both from a narrative and visual perspective (neither of these things are directly his doing but he certainly has the power to avoid them). The only thing he does right are fight scenes which amount to less than 33% of the movie. Watch some of the Italian Masters if you want to see a dynamic conversation. Especially Antonini. Snyder should too.
On top of all this, a comic with a shit script will be shit regardless of artist. See Kot's Winter Soldier.

Also
>/tv/ Snyder faggot
>having any understanding of comics let alone what makes them good
>>
Snyder is only one movie director who perfectly understands comic book characters
>>
>>88425259
There are examples. You're just going to say they don't count. The entire Krypton sequence at the start of MoS is unnecessary and artificially creates a fast pace which is then torpedoed by the entire middle of the movie and makes it a chore to get htrough, but you're just gonna look at the flying cocks and say how smart it was.
>>
>>88425052
>Sorry, I don't speak Polish.
>Jk, but seriously, men, at that point, Bat had not known of Supes, right? Then why the fuck did he even dream of that?
He needed to escape his situation, his situation being stock in the cave/dark and being a weak orphan that is powerless against his situation, the Bats, are a totem that he uses to escape both, they had nothing to do with Superman. The Ãœbermensch side of Batman (and people like Doc savage) has been a thing since the 40's, Snyder did a good job with that.

>If, as I said, the whole point is to show that Batman is in the right and a better human that Supes will ever be, then why the fuck you make such a scene at the beginning of the movie.
The whole movie is about how Batman is the antagonist, how he is blind by rage and lost his path, Superman SAVES batman.
>Fuck, I know you may ignore this fucking post, but be honest, was that scene really necessary?
Yes, prophetic dreams are a thing in tragedies and in Batman's life.
>Was it even needed to be filmed?
Yes, it shows that Bruce Wayne isnt a normal person, he is beyond that, and after the death of his parents he "elevated himself"

Not getting something doesnt mean it's there without a meaning.
>>
File: 31.png (812KB, 1324x549px) Image search: [Google]
31.png
812KB, 1324x549px
K I N O
>>
>>88425252
The entire Doomsday sequence was a mess
>>
People who like Zack Snyder's DC Films are the equivalent of people who will read any garbage as long as it's drawn by 90s style hogs like Jim Lee, David Finch, and Michael Turner
>>
>>88425277
by three months? months after the directorial rumor was prooved a lie?

they have 3 films that year dude
>>
>>88425406
it's like poetry, it rhymes
>>
>>88425381
Well, I was talking about BvS but the Krypton scene in MoS provides important exposition for the Kryptonian lifestyle as well as understanding the characters of Jor El and Zod who are crucial to the movie. MoS had a few pacing problems, but BvS didn't. I don't defend MoS as much as I do BvS.
>>
>>88425198
>>88425219

Agreed, those are more than valid reasons to not like it, it was too ambitious for Snyder to do an experiment so big on such a massive movie, he should had left this for his George Washington 300's movie.
>>
>>88423907
Zack Snyder's films are like poetry, they rhyme.

They will be revered with love and artistic understanding years down the line just like the Star Wars prequels. Sucker Punch and Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice will be held in the high esteem that they deserve.
>>
>>88423907
People who like his films are people who enjoy comic book artwork but ignore the story.
>>
>>88425492
>>88425517
anons pls
>>
>>88425494
>provides important exposition for the Kryptonian lifestyle
Reiterated for Clark (and thus the audience) and ultimately not as necessary as you'd think., especially considering how little all the genetic/creative sterility actually ends up mattering in the narrative.

As far as BvS goes...look, the fact that it even NEEDED an extended cut, and the fact that that extended cut mostly restores Clark's viewpoint? That speaks to a fundamental structural problem. Why did Clark's scenes get cut but we keep all of Lois's stuff with the bullet? What sense does that make in terms of priorities?
>>
>>88425517
>Star Wars prequels
they not nearly as bad as people make out but they're not exactly great
>>
>>88425522
People who hate Snyder films are people who see the cover of a comic, see it says DC and "Zack Snyder" then throw it away, buy a copy of Mockingbird and Squirrel Girl, saying "gotta support my company, through thick and thin!"
>>
>>88425618
You are patethic mate.
>>
>>88425223
This
>>
File: counsel_chair_a_v3_110404_cs.jpg (431KB, 1000x637px) Image search: [Google]
counsel_chair_a_v3_110404_cs.jpg
431KB, 1000x637px
>>88425381
>he entire Krypton sequence at the start of MoS is unnecessary

We explore krypton destruction, explore Zod's and his father's relationship, and the way the world is designed tells you a lot about the themes of the movie.

Why do you think they look like cocks? you thing it wasnt planned?
>>
>>88425618
People who like Snyder are people who sit when they pee and don't wash their hands afterwards.
>>
>>88423907
oooh pretty picture of a turd. still a turd but a pretty picture of it at least. must give all my money to get it.
>>
File: counsel_tower_a_v2_110516_cs .jpg (278KB, 469x881px) Image search: [Google]
counsel_tower_a_v2_110516_cs .jpg
278KB, 469x881px
>>88425381
>>
>>88425614
You really have shit taste namefag, I'm not surprised.
>>
>>88425644
>>88425679
dude sweet
how do I upvote??
>>
>>88425517
I legit believe that the MoS, BvS and JL trilogy will be cult favorites
>>
Zack Snyder's films are devoid of any meaningful dialogue or cinematography and instead rely upon shallow iconagraphy. Just because he uses a panel as a reference for a shot does not mean he understands the source material, and his glorification of "grittiness" indicates otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYzdMOa9hEc

There is more artistic merit in The Room, however unintentional it is. I urge those who find this statement disagreeable to watch the film yourself.
>>
>>88425671
>We explore krypton destruction, explore Zod's and his father's relationship, and the way the world is designed tells you a lot about the themes of the movie.
A foregone conclusion, unnecessary padding and focus on a character not the protagonist, and yes, I am fully aware of your "All the Geiger dicks need to be there because Krypton doesn't have sex" analysis.

The thing is that all the shit about the codex and Clark being a natural birth and not tied into the caste system of Krypton doesn't actually matter. It doesn't afford Clark any additional agency as a character and doesn't further the plot in a way that "Zod wants revenge" can't already do.
>>
>>88425522

So? All superhero stories are pretty much the same. Costumed guys beating eachother up. I buy comics for the artwork.
>>
>>88425821
>It doesn't afford Clark any additional agency

Hell, Snyder says that Snyderman likes capes because KRYPTONIANS ARE GENETICALY INCLINED TO LIKE CAPES.

I never saw such stupid explanation. Supes can't even choose how to dress.
>>
>>88423907
So Snyder? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ2aTiitGl0
>>
File: St. anger.jpg (196KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
St. anger.jpg
196KB, 953x953px
Is BvS the St. Anger of /tv/?
>>
>>88425814
>Just because he uses a panel as a reference for a shot does not mean he understands the source material

Actually it does, it also means that he can take it, and use it in other way.

>Zack Snyder's films are devoid of any meaningful dialogue or cinematography

That's false. His cinematography is great. He is one of the very few big budget big CGI directors that can actually film movies as if they actually cost over 100 millions. Snyder not only knows that dollys exist for a reason, but he also cares how to frame everything in the right way.
>>
>>88423907
I buy everything Manapul shits as long as he paint it with traditional inks. If it has its name I dont even give a fuck if its written by monkeys.

And I like MoS and BvS so you into something OP
>>
>>88425928
>Actually it does, it also means that he can take it, and use it in other way.
Tools are contextual.
If I use a hammer to fix my PC it's not gonna work.
>>
>>88425814
Nah, Snyder has really good dialogue, cinematography, pacing, editing, music, etc. Everything about a DC Snyder film is top notch. He makes sure of it. If you don't like it, it's your own fault for not liking good movies.
>>
>>88425223
But I think Fong is the director of photography. Im kinda scared since he is not working on JL.

At least Snyder is doing the storyboards again. I guess its better than nothing.
>>
>>88425883

Given that they are genetically designed, and that dressing is part of their xenophobic culture it does makes sense.

But you are the retard that says "snyderman". Also, that's not what he said, but feel free to take it out of context, now talk about batman being raped.
>>
>>88423907
People that like Zack Snyder's DC Films are the equivalent to people that just blow through comic books without any appreciation towards the writing.
>>
>>88425928
>Actually it does, it also means that he can take it, and use it in other way.

Nigga missed the entire point of Miller's TDKR and said that he "killed all the time".
>>
>>88425928
It doesn't, and we have direct evidence of this in his thinking that Batman kills people in TDKR and keeping Bubastis despite removing the plot elements that made her relevant
>>
>>88426004
>Given that they are genetically designed, and that dressing is part of their xenophobic culture it does makes sense.
Yeah but Clark is supposed to be exempt from that design structure, remember? He's a natural birth with no assigned caste.
>>
>>88425920
13 years and that is still one of the best covers ever. Such a perfect work.
>>
File: ew.webm (1MB, 1280x530px) Image search: [Google]
ew.webm
1MB, 1280x530px
>>88425252
>>
>>88426004
>Given that they are genetically designed

Superman isn't.

It is still dumb as fuck.
>>
File: Untitle12222222222d-1.png (3MB, 1902x1903px) Image search: [Google]
Untitle12222222222d-1.png
3MB, 1902x1903px
K I N O
>>
File: oops.jpg (219KB, 1280x1064px) Image search: [Google]
oops.jpg
219KB, 1280x1064px
>>88425406
Really made me think
>>
>>88425381
>the entire Krypton sequence at the start of MoS is unnecessary
WRONG, its literally the best part of the DCEU. In a few minutes we got not only the destruction of krypton, but also the origin of the superman mythos, the origin of Zod, a good view of the social aspects,political system and religious beliefs of Krypton, their bio-technology, how they live, etc.

In 5 minutes Zack managed to cram more lore than 5 marvel movies together. Its world building as its finest.
>>
>>88426101

So you don't get Batman thesis about meaningless of his life?
>>
>>88426004
>thinking that only one person calls him Snyderman

Go back to your reddit.
>>
>>88425728
whats shit about my taste? Liking bvs or saying the prequels arent to good
>>
>>88425112
>>88426068
Posting random parts of the movie doesn't help you, considering that there's nothing wrong in them. What are you trying to prove?
>>
This movie ruined the
Goddamn board
>>
>>88425406
This is beyond anything Marvel has done yet.
>>
>>88426138
>What are you trying to prove?
That he can get guaranteed replies
>>
>>88426065
Sure, but his parents were not. They both liked capes.

>>88426032
>>88426032
>Nigga missed the entire point of Miller's TDKR

But he wasnt making a movie about TDKR, that doesnt mean he lost the meaning of the story (the story was against both neoliberals and PC democrats, with batman being both anarkist and fascist).

>and keeping Bubastis despite removing the plot elements that made her relevant

That's what people call fanservice, but sure, if its from snyder it's bad.
>>
>>88426101
How autistic do you have to be to download a movie you don't like, take screenshots of random scenes from it, and post it on an anonymous message board? If you don't like it then move on. It's really telling that there's people that try SO hard to bash this movie. Really makes you think.
>>
>>88426068
ok?
what does that prove.
>>
Reminder that /co/ spent the last 15 years shitting on Goyer then MoS and BvS happened and somehow it was KINO with great storytelling
>>
>>88426109
Okay, first off, the Krypton sequence is 30 minutes. So no, Zack didn't do shit in 5 minutes.Whatever he did, he took 20% of the movie to do it in.
Now, in order

The destruction of rkypton is a forgeone conclusion
the superman mythos is more about the man he is on earth rather than his home planet
Zod's origins and the sociopolitical system of Krypton ended up being largely irreverent.
Their biotechonology was just exospeak that can be given as the plot demands.
How they live wasn't even shown all that much and is again, not relevant because Superman can't go there or interact with them. Krypton blowing up is like the Wayne getting shot. WE KNOW. WE DON'T NEED IT IN EXCRUCIATING DETAIL. Get its death out of the way quickly because the real meat of your story is thirty years after that.

And take your console war faggotry with you. I'm not a Marvel shill, if you want to use an argument go back to screeching NOT MUHs at me. At least you'd be closer to accurate.
>>
File: 1473013394293.webm (2MB, 960x398px) Image search: [Google]
1473013394293.webm
2MB, 960x398px
>>88426138
>cherrypicking is only acceptable when it's about a few pretty shots to prove my point that the movie is visually impressive, when most of the time it's not even framed properly
>>
>>88426188
>Sure, but his parents were not. They both liked capes.
Except that means the whole Codex/Natural Birth/Freedom of Choice thing is bullshit and a waste of time.

Which I agree with but you seem to want to have your cake and eat it too.
>>
>>88426189
>omg stop hating leave us alone
>>
File: 1481154780566.png (645KB, 631x791px) Image search: [Google]
1481154780566.png
645KB, 631x791px
>a Zack Snyder worship thread not started by me

o, happy day

they're just beautiful films, really just fantastic
>>
File: Zachary Schneider.jpg (186KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Zachary Schneider.jpg
186KB, 667x1000px
>>88426257
>killing is a stage
>>
>>88426213
Good thing Zack whipped him into shape.
>>
>>88426223
>Zod's origins and the sociopolitical system of Krypton ended up being largely irreverent.
Literally the main factor behind the invasion (and thus the whole movie) and literally the theme of the movie (nature vs nurture).

Zod could have terraformed any planet he wanted and face no opposition. He wanted specifically planet Earth because Clark existence was fucking HERESY. The sociopolitical system of Krypton is literally the most important plot device in the entire movie and what drives everything.

God fuck you are retarded.
>>
>>88426230
Something something avant garde non traditional camera angle kino that you just don't understand.
>>
I just really want the /tv/ threads to go to /tv/ and stay there
>>
>>88426109
>In 5 minutes Zack managed to cram more lore than 5 marvel movies together. Its world building as its finest.

Yeah, the attention to detail and to design was fantastic.

>>88426083
He has the genes of his parents,2 capeloving kryptonians
>>
File: hzMNX3e.png (1MB, 1462x650px) Image search: [Google]
hzMNX3e.png
1MB, 1462x650px
>>88426296
>post BvS thread on /tv/

>GO BACK TO /co/

>post BvS thread on /co/

>GO BACK TO /tv/
>>
>>88426284
The theme of the movie that Zack undermined himself by making Clark genetically predisposed to wear capes
>>
>>88426292
Does this represent the crooked state of journalism?
>>
>>88426320
perhaps this is a lesson to just not post BvS threads

or just go to /trash/ where your movie belongs
>>
>>88426230
>when most of the time it's not even framed properly

Are you retarded?
There's movement in the camera to put you in the ferry without the need for a big cheap shot.

Also, i really hope you are not the kind of idiot that thinks character should be in the middle of the frame. That is pretty good cinematography
>>
>>88426223
>the Krypton sequence is 30 minutes.
Yeah but he's loading in tons of lore at the rate the other guy said. So it's equivalent to 30 Marvel movies since it's going at a rate of 5 movies per 5 minutes.

And I actually agree. Marvel has a HUGE problem with filler. They just can't seem to ever get to the point.
>>
>>88426320
Truth is, you should post these threads on both. They're that good. Maybe even some other boards too.
>>
>>88426348
Tell you what, I'll keep posting Znyder threads on both and you're just going to have to live with the horrible crime of some people liking a movie that you don't like
>>
A Netflix® Original
>>
>MoS
>BvS
>Prometheus
>Alien 3 Special edition
>Spider-man 3
>Batman 1989
>Hulkino 2003
>Blade 1

All pleb filters. You see someone talking shit about these movies,you know they are plebs.
>>
>>88424902
The Rat loves making up lies. They will dump any rumor they can to their paid shill mouthpieces to try and smear their enemies.
>>
>>88426381
>And after several complaints, that's how mods made posting BvS a bannable offense
>>
>>88426385
CW looks like a WC sitcom. And the new spider-man trailer also looks terrible.

I mean, the 3 of them are terrible,but bvs is the less terrible one. At least visually.
>>
>>88423907
Man of Steel was a fun dumb action movie.

BvS and SS were disappointments.

I'm not looking forward to Justice League.
>>
>>88426284
>Literally the main factor behind the invasion (and thus the whole movie) and literally the theme of the movie (nature vs nurture).
Nobody (and I mean specifically the fans of this movie( can agree on what the central theme of it is. You say it's nature vs nurture and that's fine, but I've heard a bunch of other proposals of what the central theme is and they all have their merits. And if I agree with you that the central theme is nature versus nurture, then there's not enough nurture in the movie for it to be a compelling case; Clark comes off as very predestined to make specific choices in specific scenes so that we can have a movie at all.

>Zod could have terraformed any planet he wanted and face no opposition.
Yeah no. Not after three years of the MoS defense force saying he couldn't just terraform Mars. You guys made it very clear it had to be Earth because Earth itself was special. Pretty sure it's even up on your official youtube channel.
>He wanted specifically planet Earth because Clark existence was fucking HERESY.
And you can replace that with the generic revenge plot from Superman 2 and you won't lose a damn thing. Zod didn't want Earth because Clark was heresey, he wanted Earth because he finally had the, macguffin needed to repopulate the old fashioned krpytonian way. He wanted Clark because of revenge. And he was so lacking in guile that he couldn't bring himself to trick the son of his enemy.

>The sociopolitical system of Krypton is literally the most important plot device in the entire movie and what drives everything.
It really isn't, more importantly it need not be. Because Clark/Superman, the guy the movie is about, is very implicitl )and even explicitly because Goyer loves exposition) not tied to Krypton. There is no conflict except the manufactured ones by the narrative that need not exist and do not in an organic way (visavis Clark's alienation).
>>
>>88426381
I don't particularly care if you like the movie, it's just that these threads never have anything new to say, and retread the same tired ground on both sides

It's basically a general thread at this point
>>
>>88426387
Take Spiderman 3 out and add sucker Punch.
Spiderman 3 problem was venom and the green goblin, it could had been kino.

Hulk 2003 edition was fantastic, but i can't watch it anymore,i get mad and sad at the fact there's no Comanches flying around.
>>
>>88426429

>>88425112
>granted it looks better than the MCU, but that's not an accomplishment
>>
>>88426448
>but I've heard a bunch of other proposals of what the central theme is and they all have their merits.
Thats the sign its actually a movie with some content to be discussed. Id wish I could say the same about any mcu movie or modern sony movie.
>>
File: CeQrWvGW8AAQZRH.jpg (52KB, 450x640px) Image search: [Google]
CeQrWvGW8AAQZRH.jpg
52KB, 450x640px
>>88426444
>Man of Steel was a fun dumb action movie.

you have no idea what you're talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM
>>
>>88426472
>Take Spiderman 3 out and add sucker Punch.

kill yourself retard
>>
>>88426387
>Spider-man 3
eh, thought i went to shit after venom bonded with brock.

Sandman stuff was fucking great though, the tunnel fight scene was goat.
>>
>>88426449
>never have anything new to say, and retread the same tired ground on both sides
Well in the next DCEU appreciation thread I'll try to make sure to remind people to ignore retarded posts and report the ones that break the rules. That'll make sure that we can finally have a real discussion. If people can follow directions and not take the bait.
>>
>>88426492
There is nothing psychologically stimulating about MoS.

The most thought-provoking part was the part with Apache Chief.
>>
>>88426385
>Superman gets a statue
>the soldiers and scientists that died to save the city and the world get nothing

Fuck Superman, and fuck people that like him.
>>
>>88426492
Let him enjoy his surface level stuff. Though it's unusual why he doesn't like BvS because it's also a good movie on the surface level.
>>
>>88426472
I forgot Sucker Punch, yeah.

Regarding SM3, is the weakest one in a powerful trilogy. Its not even bad by modern standards. I mean, put sm3 against Suicide Squad, the mcu or the Amazing Spider-man series. Now SM3 is not so bad.
>>
>>88426535
No, wait, forgive me.

That was Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
>>
File: 1481230108845.png (888KB, 1035x690px) Image search: [Google]
1481230108845.png
888KB, 1035x690px
>>88426535
just fuckin watch the video

>>88426547
he can like it for surface shit, but calling the movie "dumb" is stupid
>>
File: Shaq Cringe.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Shaq Cringe.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>There are faggots on this board RIGHT NOW that think a capefag movie made for children is deep and thought-provoking
>>
>>88426068
Why the fuck is Wonder Woman flying coach?
>>
>>88426448
Furthermore, as far as the sociopolitical system of Krypton driving the plot, I'll maybe agree that it drives Zod (not that it actually has to) but that's just Zod.

But the fact of the matter is the Krpyton has had many interpretations. Byrne had it be emotionally sterile (for reasons Snydier tried to copy but only got about half the meaning from and weren't even good reasons to begin with), but other writers have had it run the gamut from a futuristic wonderland to an iddylic sprawling place of crystal towers, culture and art. And the reason you can do this is simple.

Krypton.
Doesn't.
Matter.

If it's a great place, or it's a shitty place. If it's ruled by a high council or an artist's guild, none of that fucking matters. It doesn't matter if Kryptonians were xenophobes that never left their world, awesome adventurer explorers, or even humanity in the future. All that matters is that it blows up. Clark doesn't change depending on what Krypton was, because he's got no memories or connections of the place. What matters is how he's raised on Earth. THAT is where his character arc begins. That's why it's such a non issue that he decides to go "Krypton had its chance" and why it's dumb that it took two movies for "this is my world".

And the thing is, Man of Steel should have been CLARK'S STORY. Not Jor El's not Zod's. But that wasn't the case, which is why for many he comes off as a tool of their agendas and a battering ram for plot points rather than a character of his own right. I understand what Snyder was doing and why he did it. I still thing it was misguided, fucking stupid, and irrelevant to the actual protagonist.
>>
>>88426561
I thought I was beyond that. That I left behind that piece of shit. But now I remember there was an apache chief, and the parasites shit, and literally everything. Such a good controls and gameplay wasted on a terrible game.
>>
>>88426599
>just fuckin watch the video
Make me.

It's dumb and there's nothing you can say that will convince me to change my mind. I like the movie
>>
>>88426526
>the next DCEU appreciation thread
>not take the bait.

DCEU appreciation threads *are* bait
>>
>>88426643
okay i hope you enjoy life being willfully ignorant
>>
>>88426607
It is if its made by Zack "Make-the-Rest-Look-Like-Hacks" Snyder.
>>
>>88426661
I seem to be doing fine, mate. But thanks for your concern.

I'll enjoy watching real artistic achievements within film such as Chimes at Midnight, 12 Angry Men and Only God Forgives.
>>
>>88426618
>for reasons Snydier tried to copy but only got about half the meaning

I can't understand why you are so dense that you refuse to believe that Snyder CHOOSE to go in another direction instead of not "understanding".

Snyder CHOOSE to make Krypton matter, just like in the silver age.
>>
File: U wot.jpg (68KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
U wot.jpg
68KB, 300x450px
>>88426630
>Such a good controls and gameplay wasted on a terrible game.
But those are the main aspects of a video game.
>>
File: The Comedian.jpg (1MB, 1575x2100px) Image search: [Google]
The Comedian.jpg
1MB, 1575x2100px
Here you go Snyder fags and Suicide Anon

The only good thing to come from Zack Snyder.
>>
>>88426705
how is Only God Forgives, been meaning to check it out
>>
>>88423907
In film I'm supposed to look at something that looks nice AND that makes me give a fuck about what I'm looking at.

Snyder does not do the latter half of the time.
>>
>>88426705
these are not mutually exclusive

12 angry men is one of my favorite movies, and only god forgives is great

i still love bvs and mos
>>
>>88426759
>and Suicide Anon
hey sweet
>>
>>88426759
a Comedian so weak-kneed that just reading about nukes made him have a mental breakdown
>>
>>88426618
Additionally, the tragedy of Krypton (especially as it applies to Clark as a character and explicitly stated in the comic of the same name as this movie) is one of a wistful "what might have been"
When you devote half an hour to showing that Krypton was a downright shitty place that was better off exploding, you lose your ability to instill that wistfulness in the audience.
>>
>>88426767
It's pretty good, not as good as Drive but better than Neon Demon.

>>88426792
Well, good for you. Point being?
>>
>>88426717
>Snyder CHOOSE to make Krypton matter, just like in the silver age.
It didn't matter there either.
>>
>>88426617
She's saving money. It's nice to finally have some economically conscious superheroes. Gotta teach the kids more life lessons.
>>
>>88426799
You storytime stuff so you get a pass.
>>
>>88425406
>see someone's defense of "MARTHA" being that Supes knew Bats wouldn't expect Supes to have human-like parents, and would need to use a human name, cuz otherwise Bats (who sees Supes as xenos scum) would think "my mother" just means another xenos scum, to paraphrase
>"I bet your parents taught you that you mean something. That you're here for a reason."

Well, there goes that fucking argument, chum.
>>
>>88426543
That would be a typical response from Lex, but in the world Snyder created, it really makes no sense to anyone with half a brain in it
>>
>>88424902
How did he get away with being so vile for so long?
>>
I don't get how the director Watchmen could fail to understand he had to give audiences a stake in the world he was building.
>>
>>88426816
cheers dude, desu i preferred ND to drive

>>88426872
thanks bro
>>
>>88424127
Should we have felt pity when Wright left Ant-Man?
>>
>>88426726
Level design was also shit and the gameplay/controls never had a place to shine in the game.
>>
>>88427019
I used to think you were bit of a dick, but you're alright.
>>
>>88427006
Snyder in my opinion would make a better cinematographer then a director .
>>
>>88427032
Explain how?
>>
>>88426943
Except it does, he shouldn't even have a statue since he attracted the invasion in the first place
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 01.jpg (639KB, 1310x2023px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 01.jpg
639KB, 1310x2023px
>>88426982
honestly i feel sorry for him, the story seemed bullshit what with it apparently happening years ago but she didnt tell anyone at all till then, but it ended his career

>>88427053
kek, were you from one of the obscure villain batman threads? Ill give you this
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 02.jpg (741KB, 1264x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 02.jpg
741KB, 1264x2002px
>>88427114
>>
>>88426875

w-what?
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 03.jpg (762KB, 1267x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 03.jpg
762KB, 1267x2002px
>>88427134
>>
>>88427081
No indoor levels, the outposts were practically randomly generated, there was no though behind any of them. The best level, the med bay was practically a cinematic mission, not a real one. It really suffered from the open world meme, it lost stuff without gaining anything from it.

GZ was a much tighter experience. That mixed both open world with tight, complex level design. Probably how Kojima imagined the whole game before having to rush it.
>>
>>88423907
People that like Zack Snyder's DC Films are the equivalent to people that endlessly defend a political candidate in every way because of party affiliation despite the candidate being a thoroughly reprehensible human being who will lead the country to ruin.
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 04.jpg (633KB, 1264x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 04.jpg
633KB, 1264x2002px
>>88427160
>>
>>88426717
The direction he went in doesn't work because it runs counter to the tools he was using to try and make it work. If he wants to go in his own direction I'm okay with that. But then he shouldn't use methodologies and motifs from an opposing one. It's analogues to using a crowbar to perform periodontics. Use tools appropriate to your job and goal.

And for the record if he wants to portray Krypton as a fucked up place that Clark was lucky to escape then he shouldn't also portray earth and its people as just as fucked up. It just ends with us wondering when Earth will have had its chance too.
>>
>>88427114
>honestly i feel sorry for him, the story seemed bullshit what with it apparently happening years ago but she didnt tell anyone at all till then, but it ended his career

I totally agree, but if you make your name as a rabid SJW and preach LISTEN and BELIEVE, I don't have much sympathy when other people apply your standards to you.

Also, I was just asking about the Mime in the Win-O thread, so it's pretty awesome you're posting it at the same time you replied to me.
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 05.jpg (810KB, 1267x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 05.jpg
810KB, 1267x2002px
>>88427228
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 06.jpg (715KB, 1264x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 06.jpg
715KB, 1264x2002px
>>88427245
i always thought he was an ass with bad taste, but i just hate to see someone ruined entirely from just a unvalidated rumour.

Of course if he did do it fuck him.

>Also, I was just asking about the Mime in the Win-O thread, so it's pretty awesome you're posting it at the same time you replied to me.
Awesome dude, Mime is a top tier obscure-fu
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 07.jpg (818KB, 1267x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 07.jpg
818KB, 1267x2002px
>>88427331
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 08.jpg (823KB, 1264x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 08.jpg
823KB, 1264x2002px
>>88427429
>>
>53 IPs
>most of them shitting on Snyder

As always on Snydershit threads, /co/ still has hope.
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 09.jpg (621KB, 1267x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 09.jpg
621KB, 1267x2002px
>>88427487
>>
>>88427245
>>88427331

He admitted it.

i liked him and his writing but could tell there was dark shit in his past he was trying to work past. the incident was like in 2004
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 10.jpg (801KB, 1264x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 10.jpg
801KB, 1264x2002px
>>88427511
>>
>>88427331
>i always thought he was an ass with bad taste, but i just hate to see someone ruined entirely from just a unvalidated rumour.

I entirely agree, but to me it feels like censoring a censor, or shooting a mass shooter. It's really hard to have sympathy for those types.

Live by SJW rules, die by SJW rules.

>Awesome dude, Mime is a top tier obscure-fu

Didn't know of her until I asked who she was in a Lego Batman picture. But I dig the design.
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 11.jpg (696KB, 1267x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 11.jpg
696KB, 1267x2002px
>>88427528
ah, then no sympathy then
>>
>>88427565
have you seen original magpie? I have a feeling you would like her
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 12.jpg (703KB, 1264x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 12.jpg
703KB, 1264x2002px
>>88427605
oops forgot image
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 13.jpg (743KB, 1267x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 13.jpg
743KB, 1267x2002px
>>88427626
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 14.jpg (846KB, 1264x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 14.jpg
846KB, 1264x2002px
>>88427652
>>
>>88427528
Still seems kinda unfair to ruin his life over something that happened a decade ago - but since he's the sort that fully supports ruining people's lives over unproven allegations from ages back (much less something someone's confessed to), it's poetic justice that the same happen to him.

>>88427605
Yep, great character, absurd hair.

>original

There's a new one? Not counting the awesome version in Beware the Bat.
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 15.jpg (772KB, 1267x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 15.jpg
772KB, 1267x2002px
>>88427686
>>
File: 1461979452851.jpg (199KB, 1219x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1461979452851.jpg
199KB, 1219x1134px
Zack Snyder is to this day the best director of superhero movies.

At least he tries to make a damn superhero movie, unlike other people on the industry. For example just look at GOTG2, more 80s nostalgia bullshit.
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 16.jpg (685KB, 1264x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 16.jpg
685KB, 1264x2002px
>>88427689
white one piece with fishnets and big cats eye glasses one.

Although a revised version of the beware magpie is showing up in batgirl
>>
>>88426759
I'M YOUR BOOGIE MAN

THAT'S WHAT I AM

can't wait for the obnoxious use of popular music in JL
>>
>>88426088
>>88425406
Confusing hamfisted with good.

Pathetic
>>
>>88427731
>At least he tries to make a damn superhero movie, unlike other people on the industry. For example just look at GOTG2, more 80s nostalgia bullshit.

Except he's the one to say his movies are not "superhero movies" but "real films" that happen to have superheroes in them
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 17.jpg (853KB, 1267x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 17.jpg
853KB, 1267x2002px
>>88427766
>80s nostalgia bullshi
seems like that more thor ragnarok
>>
>>88427766
Post pics of this new one, I've never seen her.

(Heck, post the Batgirl one too if you got it, though the character seems to sexy for a PC book like Batgirl.)
>>
Fact: People that dont like Zack Snyder will go down in history books alongside Trump voters

On the wrong side
>>
File: Angry Kermit.gif (932KB, 253x197px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Kermit.gif
932KB, 253x197px
>>88427731
>At least he tries to make a damn superhero movie, unlike other people on the industry. For example just look at GOTG2, more superhero movie
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 18.jpg (728KB, 1264x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 18.jpg
728KB, 1264x2002px
>>88427815
>>
File: 1474241224083.jpg (253KB, 403x527px) Image search: [Google]
1474241224083.jpg
253KB, 403x527px
>>88427830
Ya sure.
>>
>Rewatching BvS today
>he is able to hear Alfred talking to Bruce during Lex's party
>can't hear the bomb at the Senate
>can't hear Martha getting kidnapped
>is able to hear Lois from where ever

This movie was pretty good the first time around, it really falls apart during the second viewing.
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 19.jpg (778KB, 1267x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 19.jpg
778KB, 1267x2002px
>>88427818
sorry didnt save the image, and i dont think its even out yet, but yeah it was a lot more conservative look for her, got rid of her ft ass and gave her shorts instead. could still be good though
>>
>>88427925
Tell the class what a bomb sounds like, lad
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 20.jpg (833KB, 1264x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 20.jpg
833KB, 1264x2002px
>>88427952
>>
>>88427830

I don't know if you've checked the news in the last month, but it turned out that Trump voters are on the right side of history.
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 21.jpg (652KB, 1267x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 21.jpg
652KB, 1267x2002px
>>88428010
>>
>>88428051
>>
>>88428085
>>
>>88427952
I'm glad to have the character back if nothing else. Batgirl failed to hold my interest when the new SJW run started, has it improved since then? All I know about it is SJWs getting their undies in a knot over the Albequrque cover and again because they had a transgendered villain.

Nothing more frustrating and depressing than watching people who don't read comic books, and used to fight side by side with you against fundie censors, openly and proudly calling for censorship of a comic book cover.
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 22.jpg (804KB, 1267x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 22.jpg
804KB, 1267x2002px
>>88428085
>>88428124
fucks sake
>>
>>88427925
>>can't hear the bomb at the Senate
Do you actually believe the bomb sounds "tic tac"??
>>can't hear Martha getting kidnapped
He wasnt paying attention, he was paying attention to Bruce in the party
>>is able to hear Lois from where ever
Not, he is able to hear Lois if he focus in her and is just a few countries away, guess what, lois get into trouble all the time, he can hear her since he is usually "close"
>>
File: batman 412 (pharo) 23.jpg (723KB, 1264x2002px) Image search: [Google]
batman 412 (pharo) 23.jpg
723KB, 1264x2002px
And thats the end of mime, never to appear again other than some cameos in the only good thing slott ever wrote and the upcoming Lego film

>>88428136
again, not read it sorry
>>
>>88427954
I'm pretty sure Superman has been able to hear things like the sound of a ticking bomb since the day of his inception.
>>
>>88424680

This is so dumb, fuck off you don't get comics. Leave /co/ plz.
>>
>>88428342
You fuck off, writting is more important than pretty pictures, if something is able to sucefully convey the story and the narrative, its good.

Stop being a child.
>>
>>88428136
well they got Albequrque to do the interiors on Batgirl if that tells you anything
>>
>>88428380
both are equally important HOWEVER good writing can save bad art (but not truly awful art), but good art cannot save bad writing
>>
>>88428240
>sound of a ticking bomb

Yeah, sure, bombs in real life just like bombs in animeted movies for children

holy shit
>>
>>88428386
That they paid him off for his obligingly echoing the company line, down to retracting his complaints of SJW death threats?

I didn't know that, I'm actually really glad to hear it. He's a great artist.
>>
>>88428482
paying him off would be putting him on a different book. putting him on the book that he caused controversy with in the first place is more of a "we don't actually care what the whiners say"
>>
>>88428463
This IS a mostly "animeted" movie made for children

Also, a timed explosive would have to have some components that tick, which Supes would have heard.

It's also worth mentioning that Superman has x-ray vision.
He should have been able to see the bomb sitting there from a mile away.

So much for being true to the comics.
>>
>>88428520
Is this the dude who did the cover with joker holding a gun to a tied up batgirls head last year?
>>
>>88427031
You mean when Wright was fired after not having done anything at all after a fucking decade.
>>
>>88428463
And people fly around with capes and shoot beams of fire from their eyes in the real world, right anon?
>>
>>88423959
How is someone supposed to shitpost about that?
>>
>>88428571
the same
>>
>>88427222
Everyone who uses the word ''tight'' for anything other than ''narrow'' should be shot in the head.
The same for people who randomly add the word meme for no reason at all before some words.
>>
>>88428569
digital clocks don't tick, you tard
>>
>>88428569
Don't forget the Kentucky senator's heart rate suddenly sky rocketing to alert Supes to some kind of danger.
>>
>>88428625
also the smell of piss
>>
>>88428615
There are other moving parts within a bomb besides a clock, numbnuts.

And saving people from a planted bomb is about as "Superman" as it gets.
For Supes to do absolutely nothing except watch the senate explode is an insult to the name.
It would be like putting in a scene where Batman faceplants into a building while swinging around Gotham
>>88428641
And let's not forget that Superman is supposed to have inhuman reflexes, and yet in the wake of an explosion, stands in place like a catatonic retard.
>>
>>88428740
I mean it's still dumb but a digital timer, a block of C4, and an detonator isn't a whole lot of moving parts
>>
>>88425400

I think the scene was pretty goofy looking. I don't completely agree that its a Bat jesus thing, though I can see it and I totally believe Snyder would do sucha thing because he is that much of a hack.

As for your interpretation of it, it works too, the bats are a totem and lifting him up. So the bats are what helped him escape the pit he fell in due to the loss of his parents.

Having said that, I dont agree that it was needed. Especially since Snyder said he wanted to focus on an older Batman and he thought he could pull it off because people knew batman enough that we didnt need an origin film.
Bats is so iconic at this point we dont need to be reminded his parents were shot. Plus the scene later when he sees the letters that say " you let your family die" that wouldve sufficed, because again most people know Bats' origin.

If the scene had nothing to do with Superman thats even more reason to the argument that it was unnecessary.

Also you say Bats was the antagonist and Supes saves him. If bats is the antagonist, when did he actually antagonize Superman? He did absolutely nothing to antagonize him directly, until they actually fought. Lex was the antagonist and Bats was a secondary antagonist..and even that is giving him too much credit.
Also Superman didnt save him, Martha did. And Im not joking when I say that. Nothing Superman did caused Bats to change, he changed his perception of Supes because their mothers shared a name. I get that people say it was Supes sacrifice that changed him but Bats' demeanor towards Supes during the DD battle was clearly cooperative. So he wasnt distrustful of Supes.
Supes' sacrifice just made Bats realize Superman is needed to fight off crazy threats but had supes not died Bats wouldve been cool with him and wouldve been a changed man. What changed his mind towards Supes? Martha.
>>
File: Ha!.jpg (46KB, 500x396px) Image search: [Google]
Ha!.jpg
46KB, 500x396px
>>88423907
>>
>>88426188
>But he wasnt making a movie about TDKR

Except for the parts he completely ripped off and he things he took away from it in his own interpretation, all of which failed to demonstrate the most basic understanding of said fucking comic book.

Is Snyder legit retarded? Can he even read?
>>
>>88423907
What an odd thing to say. I mean most people would say Snyder is all visuals and no substance or context, even some of his harshest critics praise his visuals.

But now you're just..oh wait..its bait.
>>
>>88425671
It was a good angle to take, considering how well known Supes' origin is. Much like how TASM tried to separate itself from Raimi's Spider-man by focusing on Peter's relationship with his absent father (as opposed to his uncle), MoS tried to distinguish itself by tying itself back to an unexplored Krypton. Not 100% successfully, but I appreciated the attempt and it works way, way better than TASM's shit attempt.
>>
File: 1463673432887.jpg (383KB, 1594x666px) Image search: [Google]
1463673432887.jpg
383KB, 1594x666px
>>
>>88429297
They all look like douchebags to me.

And they should all be spending more time at home reading comics and trying to understand the characters they are attempting to bring to life than going to the gym, or online tweeting bullshit or buying and wearing fedoras.
>>
>>88429297
I'd rather have some nerdy looking guy directing muh comic book movies than a Chad
>>
>>88429297
>>88429463
Snyder's also a manlet.

Which explains why he never fucking learns anything.
>>
File: george-miller-image.jpg (242KB, 950x1441px) Image search: [Google]
george-miller-image.jpg
242KB, 950x1441px
>>88429463
Besides, George Miller is not directing anything in the DCEU (so far) and he's much closer to the MCU directors in appearance
>>
>>88430172
>Snyder's also a manlet.
No wonder he isn't a good director, he can't get anyone to look up to him
>>
>>88429180
He used imagery to reverse the message of TDKR which is fine because Miller is retarded and made Superman act out of character for it to work. It was great seeing Batman in the wrong for once when he's portrayed as perfect and always right so often.
>>
>>88430706
just when you think a Snyderfag can't say anything stupider, they go and surprise you
>>
>>88425139
>Remove Giant Squid because that's too silly
>Leave Giant Blue Lynx
>>
>>88430806

>remove Giant Squid because modern audiences are plebs
>Leave a little nod for the fans, Fanservice for the people that love the books

Such a monster
>>
>>88431700
>drastically altered the plot
>we're supposed to be happy with a little wink and a nudge
>>
>>88430786
He's partly right though. TDKR's government errand boy Superman worked for his elseworld, but TDKR is not a book you'd hand someone with no exposure to Superman if you want them to actually like him. After stuff like Injustice that portrayed Batman as being incapable of doing anything wrong, it was nice to see the opposite in BvS, particularly since Nolan's Batman was so psychologically wholesome.

>>88430806
It just created a tighter plot. I got to the psychic brain thing, that had never been mentioned prior, in the comic and just took it as Moore letting his belief in the occult slip into his stories. The existence of pychics hadn't even been mentioned up until this point; might as well have involved a vampire in Veidt's plan.
>>
>>88429463
Fucking this.
>>
>>88431772
Batman wasn't really wrong in BvS though. The movie just sidesteps his argument.
>>
>>88429297

Zack is both good looking and talented.
Fuck those balding marvel fedora tippers.
>>
>>88426551
You are on crack if you don't accept that the mcu is better than SM3 and Sucker Punch. Like holy shit.
>>
>>88424156
> the movie looks Purdy and was in no way intellectually engaging
>MARTHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Tsk tsk tsk
>>
>>88426170
Make a flagship movie that couldn't break 1 billion?
>>
>>88425252
but anon, the cut scenes are what was supposed to save the movie
>>
>>88435387
>B-But the masses are dumb
>I'm one of the few smart people in this country because I get this movie
>>
>>88435528
When will society learn to be special snowflakes just like us?
>>
>>88425375
this
>>
>>88426875
how does that, in anyway, refute that argument?
>>
>>88427082
its not his fault they invaded, they had a choice.
>>
>>88423907
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>88424156
>The visuals were 10/10 anon.
Fuck no.
>>
File: 1478382107233.jpg (8KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
1478382107233.jpg
8KB, 256x197px
>>88424494
>idiology
>>
File: hacklet.jpg (376KB, 1293x1546px) Image search: [Google]
hacklet.jpg
376KB, 1293x1546px
>>88430172
>>88430495
>>
>>88427223
Well, well said.
>>
>>88425046
Excalibur coming up was because "lol I like excalibur" by Snyder, it wasn't symbolism you fucking pompous twat.
>>
>>88425340
>the films are always poorly edited both from a narrative and visual perspective (neither of these things are directly his doing but he certainly has the power to avoid them).
An editor works with the material is given. If he can't make a scene work from at least a narrative perspective, then what has been shot is a mess.
>>
>>88423907
>288 posts and 55 image replies omitted

The /tv/ shutdown cannot come soon enough.
Thread posts: 295
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.