[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ego in Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Ego_(Earth-616).png (154KB, 547x624px) Image search: [Google]
Ego_(Earth-616).png
154KB, 547x624px
How do you feel about Ego being Star-Lord's father insead of J'son? I guess it's fine, the original story implied Peter was created by some higher power, Ego sort of fits that description and the original creator never got a chance to eloborate on the origin.
>>
File: Hellstar Remina.jpg (519KB, 1456x1019px) Image search: [Google]
Hellstar Remina.jpg
519KB, 1456x1019px
>>88421079
Never read anything this thing is in, is he also Hellstar Remina's dad?
>>
>>88421117
This manga fucked my mind for some time.
>>
Who else is expecting quips about his mom fucking a whole planet?
>>
I'm still trying to figure out where Gunn is seeing any connection between the 2 characters
>>
>>88421374
The Comic-Con teaser confirmed it.
>>
>>88421374
So is there a difference between jokes and quips?
I feel like we use the word quip so much it doesn't fit what it is supposed to mean.
Like we did wick cucked.
>>
>>88421459
Prolly just wanting to pull into spotlight more obscure characters and thinks Ego is more interesting a character than J'son.

Maybe he likes sentient planets. Was good enough reason for Shuma Gorath in fighting games.
>>
>>88422243
>So is there a difference between jokes and quips?
There's supposed to be. A quip is a witticism. "Dance off bro, you and me" is not a quip, the humor comes from the absurdity of the situation. Groot's face falling after he sees the little rat thing at the bar get eaten is not a quip, it's visual humor based on him not understanding what the game was. "We're just like Kevin Bacon!" and "Who put the sticks up their butts?" aren't a quip, the humor comes from the sincerity of not understanding someone from another culture. I honestly can't think of many quips in Gunn's work, that doesn't generally seem to be the way he writes humor, it's all about using the individual character traits to create humor.

Whedon on the other hand, can't help putting a quip every other sentence. "I'm bringing the party to you"-"I don't see how that's a party" Stark's "hide the zucchini" comment, and almost everything else he said in the movie. The "is that all you've got?"-"You had to ask" exchange between Thor and Cap. Even Hulk responding to Loki's claim of being a god with "Puny god." It's all back and forth banter and people riffing on what the other person just said, and it honestly gives the viewer less of an impression of who each character is, and tells more of a writer desperately trying to seem clever in how he constructs the script. When you rely on quips for humor, every character becomes a snarker, erasing their individuality.
>>
>>88421079
>How do you feel about Ego being Star-Lord's father instead of J'son?
More interesting and therefore an improvement.
Also see: Mordo.
still think it should've been Starfox or Adam tho.
>>
>>88421459
Space.
They're both cosmic. What more is there to get?
>>
>>88421079
>How do you feel about Ego being Star-Lord's father insead of J'son?
It's alright. Not "Oh my god, greatest thing ever," or "Fuck James Gunn, he bastardized Star-Lord," just alright
>>
>>88422948
>Starfox
>Uncle Thanos
I can't tell if synergy in the comics would retroactively make the Thanos Imperative better or worse.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.