[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SAM RAIMI'S SPIDER-MAN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 20

File: images (1).jpg (35KB, 552x266px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
35KB, 552x266px
What went right?
>>
> Goblin's glider looked great...
> Venom looked great...
> Octopus's tentacles looked great...
>>
campy and goofy. Didn't take itself seriously which is a fun take on spiderman
>>
>>88417145
>No shared universe shit
>No RDJ
>No pandering to autistic fans and not muh fags.
>Preceded DKR
>>
Understood the core of Spider-Man's character, even though his general personality was different.

Man, Spider-Man 2 got everything right.
>>
>"Remember Pete... with great power... comes great responsibility... to exterminate the jews"

Jesus christ Raimi.
>>
memes
>>
>>88417330
Rewatched it recently. Only the action's good. Absolutely everything else sucked especially the pacing. The movie just DRAGS on.
>>
>>88417145
J. Jonah Jameson
>>
>>88417145
>What went right?
Not much.
>>
>>88417145

Before everyone starts jacking off to Spider-Man 2, please remember

>Spider-Man does not quip outside of saying "Here's your change" at the start of the movie because Maguire was so bad at it
>ONE FUCKING HOUR in the middle of the movie without Spider-Man at all
>Peter and MJ's will-they-won't-they back and forth is horrible and goes round and round and round throughout the whole movie
>ONE FUCKING HOUR without Spider-Man because Spider-Man isn't what people go to see a Spider-Man movie for

Take off the nostalgia goggles. It was a pretty shit film.
>>
>>88417540
This desu.
>>
>>88417540
plus erectile dysfunction with spider-powers
>>
>>88417540
Lets also not forget that Peter can barely talk throughout the movie. 80% of his dialogue is just him saying, "Uhh" and "Ummm" and "Err"
>>
What did Peter mean by this?
>>
Spider-Man 3 is better than either ASM.
>>
>>88417540
>implying the scene with the apartment complex on fire isn't GOAT
Shit taste, all of you.
>>
>>88417676
That CGI has aged like milk, holy shit.
>>
>>88417756
Fuck off Moviebob.
>>
>>88417540
Let's not forget the entirely cringe worthy "raindrops" scene

Let's also not forget how cringe worthy any scene with Aunt May in any of these movies is
>>
>>88417863
FINISH IT
>>
>>88417436
No, you're just a pleb.
>>
>>88417863
>Aunt May! Aunt May! Did I see an aaaaangel??
>>
File: Get away from her.webm (3MB, 1280x534px) Image search: [Google]
Get away from her.webm
3MB, 1280x534px
>>
>>88417894
>pleb
You don't even know what that word means, do you?

>>88417436 is 100% accurate.
>>
>>88417330
>Man, Spider-Man 2 got everything right.

I especially liked the part where it forgot it was a Spider-Man movie for 75 minutes.
>>
>>88417330

The romance is terrible, and it's like half the movie.
>>
File: 1452023660411.jpg (38KB, 355x286px) Image search: [Google]
1452023660411.jpg
38KB, 355x286px
>>88417145
The lack of a prior big budget Spider-Man movie to constantly compare it to.
>>
File: Spider-Man swings into action.webm (2MB, 1280x534px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man swings into action.webm
2MB, 1280x534px
>>88417938
Don't worry, he's back!
>>
>>88418058
I WANT SPIDER-MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
>>
File: Peter slips through.webm (963KB, 1280x534px) Image search: [Google]
Peter slips through.webm
963KB, 1280x534px
>>88418098
I want to see more Spider-Man agility in the new movies
>>
>>88417145
>didn't dogmatically stick to the comics at the expense of the story
>everyone involved put a lot of heart into it and you could tell genuinely enjoyed making the films
>>
>>88417436
Get some adderall
>>
>>88417540
Let's also not forget how fucking stupid the whole "Ock's arms have A.I." bullshit was.

Seriously, why did he design them that way? Why did there even need to be some kind of puppet-master behind Ock anyways? What's wrong with just having him go insane after the accident?

So much about Doc Ock was great from the actor, to the design, to the special effects, but this one factor was so fucking unnecessary and forced that it ruins what could have been an amazing adaptation of the character.
>>
>>88418184
Technology of that level would require some amount of A.I. to function.
>>
>>88417921
All those punches in the face yet he doesn't get knocked out.
You could say Spidey was holding back but it's still horseshit.
>>
>>88418994
Yeah, Otto is not super human in any way...if Spidey could manage a shot at his face he could just knock him out in one fairly light hit without killing him but rendering him unconscious
>>
>>88418163
I think you need to take some of your own advice. When you actually pay attention to the movie, you'll see how much of a turd it is.
>>
>>88418333
Its a problem when Ock himself isn't evil, but get brainwashed by the AI of his arms to do evil.

That isn't fucking Dock Ock at all. In fact, it completely undermines the entire point of Dock Ock.
>>
>>88419108
>>88418994

Spidey secretly liked the conflict so only hit him to take his frustrations out on, he likes having a villain
>>
>>88419130
Fuck off, it was still good, unlike shit like Bv Luthor.
>>
>>88419289
Nah it wasn't good, it was shit.
>>
>>88419289
>being this casual
>>
File: Ock lol'd.jpg (41KB, 640x367px) Image search: [Google]
Ock lol'd.jpg
41KB, 640x367px
>>88417145
Doc Ock, and nothing else.
>>
>>88417540
>ONE FUCKING HOUR in the middle of the movie without Spider-Man at all
You don't deserve super hero movies.
>>
Poe's law is pretty strong here.
>>
>>88419130
He was a psychopath, but he clearly had a darker streak. He refused to shut down the experiment and even attacked Spider-Man when he tried to pull the plug before the arms influenced him in any way.

My interpretation has always been that Octavius could easily fall to the dark side, and his wife was the one that grounded him and kept him in his right mind. When she died he succumbed to his dark side, which the arms were heightening, and almost became a monster until Spider-Man brought him out of his funk.
>>
>>88419419
he was shit, though. See: >>88419130
>>
>>88420182
>He was a psychopath

Wasn't, I mean.
>>
>>88420182
Having him smiling smugly while he threw old ladies off buildings was a little much, though.
>>
>>88418117
>Ock throws Spider-Man forward, Spidey doesn't even have wind resistance because he's too busy corkscrewing through a fucking bridge
>train manages to speed up enough that he's now behind ock
U fuckin wot m8
>>
So Ock's arrogance is somewhat shown as he refuses to let Spidey stop the experiment and his initial reluctance at letting Peter interview him. The problem is that his villainous side gets undercut by the inclusion of his wife. It humanised him too much. He became a tragic villain being egged on by his arms' AI. In the comics, however, he is fueled by his arrogance and his desire for advancement. And...sometimes revenge on Spider-Man.
>>
>>88421539
>In the comics, however, he is fueled by his arrogance and his desire for advancement. And...sometimes revenge on Spider-Man.

This. The AI being his push to villainy completely undermines the very concept of Dock Ock.
>>
They nailed the hell out of Parker luck. I didn't mind his portrayal in the TASM movies but they really undermined the fact that Peter's life is kinda shit.
Spider-Man 1 ending on that "Yeah MJ I love you but I'm Spidey and you may not know that but fuck off" was legendary. LEGENDARY.
Admittedly though I kind of resent it because it led into SM2 spinning its wheels with the Peter/MJ shit.

While the CG hasn't aged all that well (especially in SM1, jesus), I think the action is well choreographed. Spidey's first encounter with Sandman in SM3 was fuckin tight for example. Same with the sewer fight.

The Danny Elfman score is pretty good. That theme definitely sticks more in my head than both Horner or Zimmer's respective scores.

I can think of a bit more but those are what stick out to me. I can't really say that SM1 or 2 are as great as everyone makes them out to be but I still have a great fondness for them (they got me interested in Spider-Man in the first place along with 94 cartoon). Even some things SM3 got right but not whole lot...
So yeah, Raimi-Man is aight. It don't matter.
>>
>>88422230
That's the problem though. They're very aight. ASM's were underwhelmingly aight. Holland's Spider-Man seems like it'll hit ALL the right notes. And he's probably gonna be around long enough to usher in a second generation of Marvel movies.
>>
>>88422230
>Spider-Man 1 ending on that "Yeah MJ I love you but I'm Spidey and you may not know that but fuck off" was legendary. LEGENDARY.
That's great too because it's a superhero film where the hero doesn't get the girl.

Considering that Peter only came up with the concept of Spider-Man to get the wrestling money and buy a car to impress Mary Jane, it's a fantastic thematic arc that really underscores what 'With great power comes great responsibility means'.

It's not a 1:1 translation from the comics, but goddamn, Raimi's films tell a hell of a story.
>>
>>88422405
>Holland's Spider-Man seems like it'll hit ALL the right notes

>Maguire was a great Peter (crybaby little poindexter)
>But a terrible Spider-Man (so bad at quipping in the first movie that Spidey made no jokes in the sequels)

>Garfield was a great Spider-Man (excellent delivery at banter while in costume)
>But a terrible Peter (dreamy mysterious rebel skater boy)

Holland seems like he's got both sides of the character down.
>>
>>88422701
>But a terrible Spider-Man (so bad at quipping in the first movie that Spidey made no jokes in the sequels)

>"You're the one who's OUT, Gobby! Out of your MIND!"

Fuck, Maguire was such a bad fit for Spider-Man that they decided to change Spider-Man to fit Maguire for 2 and 3. Should've just recast.
>>
>>88422701
>>Garfield was a great Spider-Man (excellent delivery at banter while in costume)
>>But a terrible Peter (dreamy mysterious rebel skater boy)
Yeah my only problem was his quipping out of the suit before the spider bite and the lack of Parker luck. Other than that, eh. His Spidey was definitely better.
>>
File: Ants.jpg (46KB, 631x549px) Image search: [Google]
Ants.jpg
46KB, 631x549px
>>88422701

>Maguire
>Bad at quipping

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>He hasnt played Spider-Man 2
>>
>>88417330
The motivation of Doc Oc was stupid
>muh tentacles told me to do it
and building this sun-thingy had no real purpose except imposing a thread
Also the movie managed to portray Mary Jane in the most unsympathetic light.
>>
>>88417221

/thread
>>
>>88423165
>What is an insane scientist becomes obsessed with his work
>>
>>88423165
>Also the movie managed to portray Mary Jane in the most unsympathetic light.

The entire trilogy did that, so at least it was consistent.
>>
>>88417330
I seriously don't get why everything but spidey's personality is on point, i've seen tobey in other roles and it makes me wonder why wasn't he more energetic in his peter parker/ spiderman role, not saying garfield is any better tho, and tom holland got it almost right but he has too many modern shit thrown into his scripts to be perfect.
Rino romano and josh keaton should be at this point the blueprint for spidey characterizarion, but everybody seems to rely heavily on the 90s show wich was the blandest spidey ever
Even neil patrick harris did a better job than most of the other guys bar romano and keaton
>>
File: 1463725655489.png (169KB, 506x556px) Image search: [Google]
1463725655489.png
169KB, 506x556px
>>88419634
>"You don't deserve super hero movies"
>>
As I've gotten older I've understood less and less some of the MJ bitching I see about these movies.
>>
>>88417145
Anybody else notice how this trilogy made mj into gwen stacy and the asm trilogy made gwen into mj?
Both terribly of course
>>
>>88423336
NPH did better in Shattered Dimensions than SMTNAS
>>
I honestly really liked them. Even the third one had some great moments but they added too much stuff in it that really fucked up with the pacing (the last half and hour were shit sadly).
>>
>>88423455
It's even funnier that you bring that up since Kirsten Dunst is a natural blond and Emma Stone is a redhead
>>
>>88423336
I honestly think it was Raimi's or a scriptwriter or somebody else's issue, not Tobey's. If you look at >>88423030 and played the Spider-man 2 game, you can see Tobey did a great job VAing for that game (and acting isn't that different from voice work if you're wearing a mask). I think it was a problem in the writing. As an actor, how are you supposed to work with lines like "It's you who's out Gobby - OUT OF YOUR MIND!"? You can't spin that.
>>
>>88417676
he was trying to murder doc ock, just like he murdered green goblin and tried to murder sandman.

He's a menace.
>>
>>88423475
I feel like it would be GOAT if it only had sandman, they could have give spidey the black suit anyway (in the comics he keeps it longer than in any adaptation) and have the next movie just revolve around the final battle with harry , then in the next one they finally can have venom as a villain, so it makes a more consistent arc
>>
in the movies of sam ray the plot was many better because you seened peter parker growing up he was goodly interpretated by tobey mcguire and you could tell when he suffered and got happy end because he is a great actor and christine dust also interpretated a many great mary jay and the romance passed the sensation of being real andrew maguire was not one good peter parker or spiderman because he was hipster and the new peter parker from civil war is very new and he doesn't pass over the sensation of a good actor so sam ray's films are the best spider man movies and we hope we have a continuation one day
>>
Test
>>
>>88421539
That's why the movie was better than comic doc ock
>>
>>88417145
They made a movie about a Spider-MAN instead of a Spider-Baby.
>>
>>88421634
"He's a dick" isn't that much of a concept.
>>
>>88423805
Pre-slott ock is great tho, just read web of death, he was complex in his own way without being a misunderstood villain
Actually make that pre-child abuse ock, that character change was really out of nowhere
>>
>>88423204
It's a generic doomsday device without any purpose that makes it relatable for the audience why he want it so badly. It's like the "I could cure cancer but instead I want to transform everyone into dinosaurs" without the self awareness.
And in the end again it wasn't really him but the tentacles who manipulated him so his obsession was complete artificial.
>>
>>88422701
Peter was never a "crybaby little poindexter" in the comics.

And calling Garfield's Peter a "rebel skater boy" is an exaggeration on par with calling Maguire's Peter a "daredevil biker man" because he rode a moped.
>>
>>88423962
Maguire peter was just using it to go to work or home tho, garfield had a specifically directed scene with coldplay music to show his skate skills
>>
>>88417540
>Maguire
Such a wooden performance. And how did Raimi fail so much to make a FUNNY action movie? We know he's very good at them with Evil Dead and the rest.

I still like the movie but it leaves a lot to be desired.
>>
>>88424074
No, he had a scene where they used the skate as a way to show off his newly-acquired spider agility.
>>
>>88424074
mcguire was practical and he displayed how a person would re-act if they had gotted the powers of spiderman and he was very good when he drove the motorbike because he needed to go home but maguire used the skate to be cool and peter parker is not cool he remembers everyone of what he is like
>>
>>88424116
Raimi is a master. Casting Tobey was a self imposed challenge. Sometimes constraints force artists to make their best work.

He made a brilliant movie featuring a guy who looked like he was sleep walking through all his scenes. Raimi was directing on hard mode.
>>
Because Raimi managed to make a real movie that works for people who aren't idiotic manchild fanboys.

Because Raimi makes a movie that is campy and silly and true to the spirit of classic superhero comics without sacrificing emotional weight and real drama.

Because Raimi is a great visual director and he imbued the films with an extremely memorable and pleasing aesthetic that is far more unique than any of the copy and paste images of present day marvel. Also has the best action scenes of any cape film to date (especially SM2).

Because Raimi and crew understood the heart of the character and knew that this was more important than all the trivial minutiae that fanboys jerk off to.

Because at that time comic book movies were not essentially big budget commercials for other movies.
>>
>>88424389
t. sam raimi (hollywood pls hire me again)
>>
>>88424389
yeah sam ray is the man he understanded his moves now
>>
File: 1473487227115.jpg (63KB, 441x495px) Image search: [Google]
1473487227115.jpg
63KB, 441x495px
I absolutely LOVE the pizza delivery scene at the beginning of 2, and I can't tell if it's ironically or unironically.

>HEY! He stole that guy's PIZZA!
Every fucking time.
>>
>>88417772
It still looks better than modern Marvel films. And I mean that.
>>
>>88421413
He was flung around the world, idiot.
>>
>>88423947
>Character needs to be relatable in order for the story to be good/interesting
This shit needs to stop. You fucks are ruining everything. We can't have villains as protagonists because "How am I supposed to relate to someone who does bad things D:" Please stop using characters as self inserts and fuck off.
>>
File: 1481471740926.png (321KB, 476x405px) Image search: [Google]
1481471740926.png
321KB, 476x405px
Why are people pretending like Doctor Octopus was a great character that was ruined in the movie?

He was just an asshole who robbed banks.
>>
>>88424441
He's producing horror movies. Not a bad career, fag.
>>
>>88423962
There was a small arc in the sixties where Peter buys a motorcycle to impress his college friends.

Then Lizard broke his arm and he had to tell everyone the bike did it.
>>
>>88424715
don't know what you talked about because spiderman 2 taked a many better doctor octopus because the tentacles is the bad mind of him and so he is a conflicted character and he are more nuance than tthe comics they didnt make it gooder than spiderman 2 this day
>>
Kirsten was a bad fit for MJ, I was 11 when the first movie released and she just felt so wrong, but then again i only had rhe anumated series as a reference
>>
>>88424937
>Movie establishes early on Peter is subpar riding the skate
>Displays his abilities by having him display great skills with the skate later on

Seems like scriptwriting 101 to me.
>>
>>88424887
Ok
>>
>>88424983
you have no argument to say the original spiderman trilogy is bad hahaha pwnt maybe you can like the skater peter bad shit from andrew gabriel but if you like good moves you know what you like
>>
>>88424887
Except making the tentacles speak to him makes his dark side complete artificial and nor deep at all.
That's like saying a villain who in the end was good all along because he was hypnotised is deep and complex.
>>
>>88425090
I wasn't making any argument at all Polandball. First reply itt.
>>
>>88424531

>Pizza time!
>I'm not paying for those.
>>
>>88417921
>can lift a car over his head and pull subway trains
>can't knockout a human even after a dozen punches to the face
Explain this.
>>
>>88425226
I think your travelling it was much clean that the tentacles wased being programmated with artificial intelligence and dr squid was putting the bad part of his head in the tentacles so when they taked him over it was all the evil of the true dr that taked him to begin with did you even watch the film because it doesnt give the appearance you have watched it haha

>>88425294
yes why you have no argument please stop it's ugly lol
>>
>>88423374
>Greentexting and quotation marks
>>
>>88422610
this
but in this case the girl also was not worth it at all
>>
File: 63751251.jpg (222KB, 462x496px) Image search: [Google]
63751251.jpg
222KB, 462x496px
no shared universe
no universe building

just those two things feel like a breath of fresh air
>>
>>88425717
>Ironic self-referencing
>>
>>88417676
>>88423570
>kills doc ock
>has no idea where MJ is

good idea, petey
>>
>>88417676
Damn the action is great even if the cgi is a bit dated
>>
>>88425533
>can lift a car over his head and pull subway trains
>can't knockout a human even after a dozen punches to the face
>Explain this

The damage a fist does is dependent on its mass, density, and speed. If Spider-Man punches someone while throwing the punch at the same speed as a normal person of equal mass, the fist will not do much more damage. Maybe a bit more due to Spider-Man's increased durability, but not extreme.

Spider-Man COULD be punching a lot faster and thus harder, but he's not because reasons.
>>
>>88417145
Even with its issues SM3 manages to close the trilogy and the trilogy has a theme and a sense of plot advancing towards the end, you know...like any story should.

Amazing Spider-man series was a mess. First movie could have been done in 30 minutes with the lizard being the B villain, and tasm2 went nowhere. If you see them as a trilogy, they werent even trying to tell a story. 2 movies already passes and we didnt know shit about the Parkers, we dont know shit about Norman, we barely knew Harry,which they never even mentioned in the first movie. TASM1 and TASM2 were barely glue together. Imagine the cluster fuck that was going to be the third movie trying to end all the plots.

It was awful thought as trilogy. Hell, they didnt even work separately.

Same with Iron-Man. His trilogy doesnt make sense, IM1 is good and sets the character, IM2 is filler, in IM3 you have to believe he somehow has ptsd even when he already fought and killed a shit ton of real humans, not just alien robots. I wouldnt even call it a trilogy, just "sequels happening".

Meanwhile Raimi's SM is the journey of Peter and Harry, featuring also MJ. Its a consistent story and plot that spans through the 3 movies and end with the logical conclusion at sm3.
>>
>>88426978
>2 movies already passes and we didnt know shit about the Parkers, we dont know shit about Norman

Well, that's not really true, they explained their backstory in the second one.
>>
>>88427247
Yes, who killed them? Why?

>killed

How did Mr Parker survive? Because he is clearly alive in that extra scene
>>
You now realize that Peter has been in high school only for like less than half of first movie.

Why people are so wanking to high school Peter? Best stories happened when he was way past high school.
>>
>>88427375
>Richard Parker and Curt Connors research cross-species genetics for Norman Osborn.
>Richard creates genetically-engineered spiders that combine traits of multiple different species, and whose venom can be used to cure maladies.
>Osborn is dying and aspires to use the venom on himself.
>Richard finds out Osborn is planning to weaponize his research and sell it to both the United States government and foreign terrorist groups.
>Richard opposes Osborn, while Connors sells him out because MUH ARM.
>In a last-ditch effort to stop Osborn from using his research for evil, Richard steals the decay rate algorithm essential to the formula and codes the super-spiders to his DNA, meaning that their venom can only benefit someone of his bloodline.
>Leaves little Peter with Uncle Ben and Aunt May and decides to leave the country with his wife Mary to escape from Osborn's wrath.
>Osborn hires an assassin to take them out, he does through a plane crash.
>Oscorp frames Richard for being an industrial spy and continues secretly trying to replicate his research for centuries until Peter comes along and changes everything.

Also, deleted scenes aren't canon.
>>
>>88424148
>Hey, how do we show the audience that Peter Parker is now super athletic because of his new Spider powers?
>We can film how he discovers them them by showing how they affect his daily life and have him realize him that he has these new abilities
>Nah, that isn't very cool though. Chicks dig skaters! Let's have him do sick flips and tricks on a board bro xD
t. Sony Producer
>>
>>88417145
sam raimi.
>>
>>88417295
>No RDJ
But that's a good thing.
>>
>>88424603
fuck you dcuck
>>
>>88417436
The pacing is amazing. It take his time to tell the story and doesn't try to rush everything.

Pleb among plebs
>>
>>88417570
Straight out from the comics
Raimi was based
>>
>>88428003
>Let's do the exact same thing as another movie that's barely a decade old!
>>
>>88417145
Campy and didn't took itself too seriously. Raimi has a thing for old camp stuff(ED, Drag me to hell for example) And this Spider-Man was like something out of a 60s movie/show.

The music was amazing, the fights werw incredible, Alex Ross art in the opening titles of the second movie. I'm a big fan of the cynical and smartass Parker of Ditko but didn't had a problem with Raimi's version, because the man had genuine interest on the character.

TASM in the other hand is exactly the opposite. Cold corporative hands running the show, which resulted on a horrible story, horrible peter and a bad product. And before any complain, I don't hate Garfield, he is a fantastic actor (SN and Hacksaw Ridge were amazing), but even a good actor like him can't work with a bad script and bad direction.
>>
>>88422701
>dreamy mysterious rebel skater boy
Was he?

In the first ASM when he's asking Gwen out he can't even look her in the eye and is mumbling the entire time.

I think that they dress Garfield up to make him LOOK mysterious, and I'd agree that in ASM2 he's bland, but in the first he's a fine Peter.
>>
File: Powerloss2.jpg (191KB, 702x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Powerloss2.jpg
191KB, 702x1024px
>>88417570
Spot the casual.
>>
>>88417506
this, I really wish they would bring back J.K. Simmons
>>
File: 1415043768933.jpg (9KB, 235x284px) Image search: [Google]
1415043768933.jpg
9KB, 235x284px
>>88424531
>GOOooOOOO?!
>>
>>88417190
Venom did NOT look great
>>
>>88428563
>But that's a good thing.
Considering the tone of the rest of his post and the question was "What went right?", I'd say he agrees.
>>
File: IMG_6398.png (2MB, 1280x1266px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6398.png
2MB, 1280x1266px
what time is it
>>
>>88423462

he did better in the spider man cartoon that came out at the time too. mcgure is a terrible spider man/parker
>>
>>88423501

>Emma Stone is a redhead

no she isnt. shes a blondie too.
>>
>>88422701

Peter isn't a "crybaby little pointdexter" though. He stops being a dweeby nerd shortly after he becomes Spider-Man, and by the time he starts hanging out with MJ, Gwen, and Harry in college, he's a cool, muscular dude, albeit with the habit of pissing people off due to being flaky as fuck because of Spider-Man antics.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>88433188
IT'S JOHN-O'CLOCK
>>
>>88417772
>>88426784

CGI is always dated for you. It was fine.
>>
>>88417863

She was an adorable granny, fuck off.
>>
>>88417145
Pretty much every action scene was spot on and still holds up.
>>
>>88418117

Fuck movies, i want to do it in the new game.
>>
>>88417145
A director with a vision.
>>
While the Raimi movies do hold a special place in our memories, admittedly not everything has aged well about them, especially the dialogue. Though I will say this, nothing has topped the first web swing or the SM2 train fight
>>
I never watched the Amazing spiderman movies, were they that bad?
>>
The trailer for the second movie was the hypest i've ever seen. It ends when Harry is about to stab a tied up Spider-Man, and i was like, "oh fuck, how will Spidey save himself from that?".
>>
>>88417863
you take that back where you pulled it from, even if it gives you hemorroides
>>
>>88418117
if you cut out the last 2 seconds or so this would loop perfectly
>>
>>88434044
IMO the biggest problem the ASM films had compared to the Raimi films is that they were pretty much launched with a studio agenda in mind from the get-go.

Raimi did the first Spider-Man, and left it open for a sequel at the very end; the movie still stood on its own and kept to its own story.

ASM by contrast opens with several stories going at once. Spidey's origin, his relationship with Gwen, The Lizard, Peter trying to get a job, and the mystery about his parents are all running plot threads.

Raimi's Spider-Man has Spidey's origin, his relationship with MJ, and how it tangles up with the Green Goblin. That's three plot threads compared to ASM's five.

ASM2 has Goblin 2.0, Electro, more Peter-Gwen stuff, the continued mystery of Peter's parents, Harry's business life, and setup for the Sinister Six.

Raimi's Spider-Man 2 has Peter-MJ, Harry's revenge, and Doc Ock. That's three major plotlines compared to ASM2's six.

Basically Raimi focused on one movie at a time, while ASM was geared up to launch a "cinematic universe" from the get-go.
>>
>>88434044
1 is watchable if you really want to see it. 2 is one of the worst movies of the decade.
>>
>>88434044
ASM
>Peter gets Uncle Ben killed over chocolate milk
>Peter hunts killer but it never gets resolved
>Shitty basketball costume
>Lizard looks terrible and has a stupid scheme
>The real hero is Capt Stacy
>Peter is a piece of shit who wont respect a dead mans wish
>Peter's identity is compromised because a stupid label
>Parker parent bullshit
ASM2
>A 2 hour long trailer for Sinister Six
>More Parker parent shit you dont care about
>pre transformation Electro is borderline Batman Forever Edward Nigma
>Electro takes backseat to the plot and becomes irrelevant thanks to Harry
>Pointless Norman
>Harry is worst Goblin yet
>Laughable Gwen death
>Waste of Paul Giamatti and Rhino
>The most retarded NY spectators ever caught on film
>>
>>88434044
the first one was pretty generic. The second one was a bunch of cool Spider-Man moments rammed into a shitty movie, if that makes sense.
>>
File: 1453931803778.gif (954KB, 375x211px) Image search: [Google]
1453931803778.gif
954KB, 375x211px
>>88433924

>that suit
>>
>>88434241
ASM2 also had lyrics in the fucking score which should be a crime
>>
>>88434408
Oh god that picture wall shit. That was borderline disney channel
>>
File: 1479853030364.jpg (110KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1479853030364.jpg
110KB, 1024x576px
>That's a nice leotard you got, faggot. Did your fudge-packing life partner crochet a pair of balls to match for you?

How did Raimi get away with it?
>>
>>88417145
Everything went right. Far right.
>>
>>88417145
kdunst's nips
>>
>>88434241
>tfw just realized Sinister Six and probably all Sony Spidey movies are dead
Half these movies were spent trying to set up a franchise that never came to be. Was it really necessary? Raimi films and Nolan Batman did fine with only self contained plots. The interconnected stuff is the worst thing about MCU.
>>
>>88417540
And yet sits still a great movie and the best super hero movie this side of the millennium
>>
>>88419130
>Its a problem when Ock himself isn't evil
WOW... so you mean, just like in the comics. he was a good guy until the accident fucked with his mind. so what are you complaining. Fucking casuals find a sewer and just die there!!!
>>
>>88417145
literally nothing
>>
>>88422701
Garfield's banter delivery wasn't good either, and stop talking like the actors wrote the script.
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.