[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the dark knight rises?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: tdkr.jpg (476KB, 1405x2048px) Image search: [Google]
tdkr.jpg
476KB, 1405x2048px
Thoughts on the dark knight rises?
>>
>>88415472
Nolan made the Post credit scene to long.
>>
Fucking great.
Only flaws are...
> Talia's death being lackluster.
> Few moments of bad fight choreography.
That is about it.
>>
It was good. Definitely on my list of things that are unjustly hated on 4chan.

Dark Knight Rises
Interstellar
Prometheus
Korra
Fallout 3
The Rebuild of Evangelion

Not saying all of these are brilliant but certainly all good and not the "disasters" that people here make them out to be.
>>
>>88416186
>The Rebuild of Evangelion
Strongly agreed bro.
>>
>>88415544

How about Bane being someone's lapdog? That wasn't bad?
>>
it was a big film

for the first 5 minutes at least
>>
It's a really bad movie. I think the only reason people like it is because they think Batman should be super serious, tortured, and 100% no fun.

>terrible acting
>Batman goes back and forth on wanting to be Batman so much it gives you whiplash
>Catwoman, while good, is totally pointless to the overall story
>ridiculous characterization
>hurr durr why don't you go by your real name, Robin?

The only good thing to come out of this movie was baneposting, and even that's dying.
>>
>>88416186
Have to agree with you there, Dark Knight Rises get a really bad rap because of /tv/ shoving it down our throat 24/7.

I like the Nolan Trilogy, but the worst thing it did was set the standard of the DCEU movies that bit Warner Bros on the ass big time.
>>
>>88416239
Nah, not one little bit. He was based and was more of a sympathetic character than Batman/Bruce Wayne in all 3 movies.
>>
>>88415472
It's impressive they managed to top The Joker from TDK in terms of cultural cache and popularity.
>>
>>88416352

...Do you read the comics at all?
>>
>>88415472
I give it a silver medal as far as nolan films go
>>
>>88416239
I'm not sure what was Banes role. He ignores her command and wants to shoot Batman.
>>
>>88416407
What a pointless post that has nothing to do with The Dark Knight Rises.
>>
memes aside, its a horrible movie full of plotholes
>>
Felt like more of an obligation than a desire to make a good ending. It will only be remembered when in future classes on memes they use the plane scene as an example of how me memes are made
>>
>>88416239
>How about Bane being someone's lapdog? That wasn't bad?
No, he worked for Ras for a while in the comics.
>>
>>88416437

Bitch, answer the question. Do you read the comics or not?
>>
>>88415472
Well for starters it has the feel of a movie that everyone involved in just did for the money. The director was clearly over it by the third movie and phoned it in. The editing is cringe inducingly horrid.

Also, from a plot stand point, thet rendered tdk pointless, because Wayne gives up being bat man entirely, and late in the film clearly kills a henchman. So basically, thanks to dkr, the joker was right, and effectively won. Years after the fact, but still.

And lastly, the entire plot concept goes starkly against what bat man is as a character.

Basically, it's a popcorn movie for idiots who like 'splosions. It's the transformers of cape movies.
>>
DR. PAVEL
>>
>>88416616

About ten minutes. And he told him to fuck off once he had from him what he wanted.
>>
>>88416677

I'M CIA
>>
>>88416674
>It's the transformers of cape movies
Nah, that's the MCU.
>>
>>88416659
lol
PATHETIC

cry more faggot, yeah i read the comics, LMAO KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>88416674
>He thinks that there are comic book movies that aren't dumb
Comic book movies are dumb by nature.
>>
>>88415472

It's a big film.
>>
>>88416732
I take it you don't read comics.
>>
File: fallout bane.png (56KB, 262x90px) Image search: [Google]
fallout bane.png
56KB, 262x90px
>>88415472
My personal favorite in the entire trilogy, the only thing that bugs me is the way Bane was finished off and what this anon said
>>88415544
>>
>>88416732

Really now? Have you ever read 'Vengeance of Bane'? How about 'Knightfall'?
>>
>>88416874

But for whom?
>>
Bad characterization, in my opinion

>Alfred gives up on supporting Bruce
>Catwoman has no nuance to her character
>Talia tweest was cheap
>Also demeans Bane's character because it belittles his intelligence, his plans are actually someone else's. He is again just a muscle man.
>Bruce actually retires and is able to let go of his crusade
>Him living destroys any emotion and import of the bomb scene
>"John Blake" is actually named "Robin"

That last three are the ones that left the most sour taste in my mouth
>>
>>88415472
It was definitely the weakest film in Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, but I wouldn't call it bad.
>>
>>88415472
Alright, but bloated as hell.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.