[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gunnerkrigg Court

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: 00001766.jpg (112KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
00001766.jpg
112KB, 600x849px
>Still here.
>>
>>88411393
First for the skeletons hand is closed at the bottom.
>>
>>88411393
I love gunnerkrigg court, but holy shit the pacing
>>
>>88411575
It's one of those pages that works really well when reading straight through a chapter...

I can't complain. Not many webcomics of this quality are so consistent and true to their MWF advertised release.
>>
>>88411591
actually i'm not even sure it would work like that

remember, we where on the boat during monday, and now BAM pitch black, annie ethereal form has finally extracted that arrow from the spooky scary skeleton. It feels awkward imho.

Tom has done many wonderful pages that are good to read on a straight run and also while the comic is updated

this one feels a bit awkward, again. The change was way too sudden. I'm not a professional critic, so i can just be spitting bullshit
>>
>>88411575
>>88411591
>>88411669
GKC's pacing is in the kind of awkward place where it's too slow when reading as it's updated but too fast when reading straight through.
>>
>>88411669
Nah, that's valid criticism.
>>
Smut when?
>>
>>88411812
I have a comic idea but I'm working out the kinks. Literally.
>>
>>88411895
Nooo!
Leave the kinks!
>>
IT'S HERE

IT'S HERE

IT'S FINALLY FUCKING HAPPENING

SHIT IS GOING DOWN

IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

THIS IS WHERE THE COMIC'S ENDGAME BEGINS
>>
>>88411910
Kat and Annie are gonna kiss?
>>
>>88411904
It's pretty vanilla to begin with, unless you find sneaky casual sex kinky.
>>
>>88411961
Casual sex is awesome!
I'm eagerly awaiting your art.
>>
>>88411669
>this one feels a bit awkward, again. The change was way too sudden.
No it's not. Kat was on the boat and looked back, expecting to look at Annie in the Ether, but found herself on the boat, looking at Annie meditating. The next cut is to where Annie really is.
>>
Panel 1 of this page is Annie coming to, like snapping to alertness after being released from ether jail. Kat came to last page
>>
>>88411393
wait a minute, that arrow...
>>
>not even a headshot
casual
>>
>>88411575
This page links to the page where Annie is sucked into the device, which was obviously the lock Kat saw.
>>
>>88413045
>which was obviously the lock Kat saw.
The lock is just part of the device. The small room they both stand in is what Annie perceives as the labyrinth, the arrow proper. The lock is just what prevents souls that get sucked in from getting out.
>>
>>88413010
With an arrowhead like that, penetration must be a bitch. Better to aim for soft tissue.
>>
>>88411393
SHOT THROUGH THE HEART
>>
So either lover boy's soul is still inside the arrow or his body floating away is a symbolic of his soul being freed and passing onto the ether. Was thinking the latter but a psychopomp would have to be present to take him away.

Either way, I wonder if Jeanne would be even more angry about this, because after all these years of waiting for him, he's just been taken away forever.
>>
>>88414040
I'd guess the body isn't connected to his soul anymore if I consider Mort as an example of what happens when someone dies and the body is "not available" anymore.
>>
>>88414397
That's a point. Surma is last seen walking away from her body as Annie took her to the ether.

Maybe Jeanne's rampage is going to end as her lover's ghost emerges from the river.
>>
>>88411421
What's he holding?
>>
>>88414434
For whatever reason she appears to be connected to the arrow, feeling it being tampered with. We'll probably have to wait for the reveal of what's in his hand. (My guess? A blinker stone that Jeanne used to "meet" him and it ended up trapping part of her in the arrow too)
>>
>>88414437
maybe it'll be a wedding ring or something?
>>
>>88414581
I'm guessing some magical seed, like seed bismuth, but for the trees.
My reasoning is that Jeanne was a filthy tree hugger who wanted the court to return to its naive ways of mingling with the savages.
>>
>>88411393
I feel like this will have negative repercussions.
>>
You guys know what would be great?
A ZimGam sidecomic.
>>
>>88411393
So... uh, yeah did that DO anything?
>>
>>88413513
AND THE COURT'S TO BLAME
>>
How many chapters until Magic War II starts?
>>
>>88411393
Is he dieded?
>>
>>88411910
There is a worrisome voice in the back of my head that tells me if GKC ever finishes Tom's gonna eventually kill himself.
>>
>>88417233
THEY GIVE LOOOVE A BAD NAME
>>
>>88417596
He dieded centuries ago when he got shot with the arrow. It's not clear right now what happened to his soul - either it's represented by the skeleton (probably) or it is somehow destroyed or trapped in the arrow still as part of the spell that separated the Court and Gillitie, leaving just this hollow shell as a representation of what was once a soul.

Both options are pretty damn horrifying to be honest, since both imply that his soul was seriously fucked with, possibly beyond true repair.
>>
File: Diego_peeping_00000771.png (201KB, 570x253px) Image search: [Google]
Diego_peeping_00000771.png
201KB, 570x253px
>>88416378
Diego, pls
>>
>>88411812
there's a new one on ao3
>>
>>88419375
The creepiest Ronnie Replace yet
>>
>>88416851
Why would it be?
>>
>>88421135
Messing with the prison might free the murderous hate-ghost for one, as in, freeing it to murder the shit out of the Court, not free it so that it can go to the Ether.
>>
>>88422831
RotD and Psychopump inc. seems to think releasing her i a good thing.
>>
>>88422880
Well they certainly *think* that, but does anyone actually know how the prison works?

Also, in all the examples of someone going into the Ether (Mort, Surma, Fire Kid), they go willingly. We don't even know if it's possible to force someone to do it, and we've been told that Jeanne has killed psychopomps before, the beings that I think would be the most likely to be able to do that.

The point is, they're going to be in big trouble if they've misinterpreted the situation with that prison, or if Jeanne decides that she'd rather use her freedom to kill everyone in the Court than to go into the Ether,
>>
>>88423323
>We don't even know if it's possible to force someone to do it
You can't. That's why the RotD exists.
>>
>>88423397
Then the whole thing is a poorly thought out leap of faith.

I'm gonna put my money on that we're gonna see more Robo-Goddess Kat by the end of this, possibly with her finding out what she looks like in the Ether, which is gonna be the real beginning of the third act.
>>
>>88423852
> Leap of faith
They do have Coyote's tooth as their ace in the hole.
>>
they were one of the first people to make a jojo reference
>>
>>88421135
Well, the forest will be free to mess with the court now.
>>
>>88419469
Oh, sweet!
Thanks!
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.