[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 530
Thread images: 83

File: DarkTroopers-RECG.jpg (530KB, 808x556px) Image search: [Google]
DarkTroopers-RECG.jpg
530KB, 808x556px
Dark Trooper Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

>Out This Week:
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Poe Dameron #9

>Rebels 3.10: "Visions and Voices"
https://mega.nz/#F!6kczUR6L!03HhW1zTC92RQPHlO3Yi0w

>Rebels Recon #3.10: "Visions and Voices"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DdvEeemqPI [Embed]

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Official Trailer #2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI [Embed]

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/ed
>>
>>88408877
Phase 2 best Dark Trooper
>>
What is she, /swco/?
>>
>>88408877
>>88399840
Metacritic is only useful for video game review gathering. Movies? Not so much.

At least Rotten Tomatoes don't cut out reviews like crazy. That being said, both are just a means of answering the question "is this movie/video game worth seeing'?

>>88399815
>82% on Rotten Tomatoes

Seems less than that of FF13 and FF15 in the critic category. Then again, it's not 'let's soft reboot A New Hope" the movie.
>>
>>88408899
SHE IS SHIT.
>>
Ahsnoka
>>
>>88408899
a qt
>>
Would Z-95's and V-19's attack aircraft or fighter bombers?
>>
>>88408877
What Pokemon is this?
>>
File: 1460222819059.jpg (10KB, 247x251px) Image search: [Google]
1460222819059.jpg
10KB, 247x251px
>>88408899
She is cute. But there are cuter waifus with yellowish skin out there.
>>
File: 1455741343579.jpg (126KB, 681x1172px) Image search: [Google]
1455741343579.jpg
126KB, 681x1172px
>>88408904

It's a respectable score, it's just no rival to TFA's 90+ and the nostalgia score of the rest of the series.

But anyone who was expecting it to do as well as a numbered title, where people go to see their favorite characters who have been built up over several movies and deal with ongoing storylines, were fooling themselves. And that includes the brainiacs higher up who are (or likely in a week or two, were) considering dropping the Saga for purely Stories.

People care about the ongoing adventures of Luke Skywalker, Rey, the Skywalker family, and so on. Very few are incredibly invested in seeing the opening scroll to A New Hope, with a throw away cast, and will just see it for the pewpew and Star Wars brand name.

I'm just happy it's a fucking grim war story, by all accounts. The complaints of shallow characters doesn't especially bother me in a film I'm waiting for their death scenes in. I prefer not to be overly attached. I'm there for the spectacle, not feels.
>>
Ezrus is canon
>>
>>88408899
I hate to break it to you but that is Padme Amidala. Anakin got her a job at the Jedi Temple as long as she wears an alien disguise - one they just threw together out of junk hence the metal "lekku." The purpose was so he could sneak down to the infirmary to play hid the wookiee in the nookie.

Seriously you should have known this. Same VA, Padme has experience pretending to be other people, plus "Rig Nema" is a shit doctor.
>>
>>88409135

To expand; it's practically an impossibility it could ever flop, or even properly underperform, but these early middling and bad reviews will sway enough people to make a dent, as they are present from Youtube reviews, subway rag articles, to prissy news sites and papers.

The damage is pretty much already done. It's almost certain to make far less than they were hoping, if not enough so for them to change their plans outside keeping the Saga going.
>>
File: 1481549898002.png (27KB, 417x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481549898002.png
27KB, 417x500px
>>88409174
That's a myth, anon.

Now /ss/ra on the other Hand is canon as fuck.
>>
Wait, it's getting bad reviews? I thought the early reactions were positive.
>>
>>88409227
Ezra wants a ride on the sideburns and you know it
>>
>>88409235
It's getting pretty good reviews, but not amazing
>>
File: rogue one meta.jpg (52KB, 486x359px) Image search: [Google]
rogue one meta.jpg
52KB, 486x359px
>>88409235
This is from yesterday.
>>
>>88409227
>is canon as fuck.
Clearly you meant "as dead as she is".
>>
>>88409280
That's not great, but it's still only 5 critics.
>>
File: 1477174178763.jpg (131KB, 430x626px) Image search: [Google]
1477174178763.jpg
131KB, 430x626px
>>88409227
There is only one canon ship and it's not /ss/ra
>>
>>88409318
Ezra working Mizel's missile? Say it ain't so.
>>
>>88409336
He's working the sideburns, anon. That's why he's so aggressive with Kallus. To avoid suspicion.
>>
File: 1461463097925.jpg (64KB, 970x704px)
1461463097925.jpg
64KB, 970x704px
>>88409235

Good for most films, hell, any really. Averaging at 7.5, 80%, and 65 on Meta. And I mean good. Converting these rating averages, it would land purely on >>88409279

And this is a Star Wars release. TFA, for example, is sitting at 93% or something on RT? And it's mostly the small try critics rating it high, some pretty big-biq people and places, like NYTimes, have called it disappointing.

This isn't a bad thing though, far from it. It's still going to make a shitload of money, and they will still make more Stories.

But it's going to be heavily fucking scrutinized, and some heads will roll for this, minor as it seems to us. They will redouble efforts on VIII, IX, and start planning for X, XI and XII, if not XIII, XIV and XV.

In return, we get a throw away SW film with a grim 'war' tone, some cool cameos, some awesome visuals, and a taster of some Vader before he inevitably also gets a bigger role in a future Story.

All is fucking right with the world. What a time to be alive. Merry Christmas.
>>
>>88409302
Yeah, RT gives it 83% out of 144 critics, so it seems the general consensus is that it's pretty good, just not amazing.
>>
File: 1477520152562.png (334KB, 658x580px) Image search: [Google]
1477520152562.png
334KB, 658x580px
>>88409285
She might be dead but that doesn't change the fact that she railed Ezra's butt on more than one occasion.

And he enjoyed it.
>>
>>88409280
>>88409302
>>88409395

http://www.cbr.com/review-charismatic-rogue-one-cast-smooths-out-a-rough-star-wars-story/
http://www.thewrap.com/rogue-one-review-star-wars/
http://www.newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/rogue-one-reviewed-is-it-time-to-abandon-the-star-wars-franchise?mbid=social_twitter
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/movies/star-wars-rogue-one-review.html?partner=IFTTT&_r=1
http://www.sfgate.com/movies/article/Rogue-One-10793755.php
http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/movies/Rogue-One-crashes-and-burns-with-its-own-self-importance.html
http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/movies-news-reviews/article120594658.html
http://www.villagevoice.com/film/more-product-than-myth-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-9454198
http://time.com/4597915/rogue-one-review-star-wars-story/?xid=time_socialflow_twitter
>>
>>88409413
It's kind of funny. Some of the positive reviews are backhanded saying it was good, but not great, while some of the negative reviews say things like it was entertaining or enjoyable but didn't break any new ground, etc.

I think these people need a Bendu Rating for those who want to be in the middle.
>>
>>88409444
I guess it's really going to come down to box office rather than reviews, which is par for the course with Star Wars anyway.
>>
>>88409395
They said the numbered entries are ending with Episode 9. There will be no Episode 10 onwards.

Star Wars ISN'T Final Fantasy where each number entry is a different universe altogether.
>>
>>88409582

They said nothing of the sort. They said they were floating many ideas, ONE of them that they were CONSIDERING was stopping with IX. But if you think that's still even a thought after >>88409441 and >>88409280 then you need to look at how this sort of thing is handled. Rogue one is the flagship for Stories, and it's already taking flack.
>>
>>88409620
>and it's already taking flack.
This bad in the sense critics want more of the same like TFA. If Disney caves, we're going to get soulless cash grabs. I'm starting to think there's no middle ground for Star Wars. Either it's too much like the original or its too different. Everyone HAS to see Han or the Falcon.
>>
>>88409620
No, it was confirmed that they want to end it at Episode 9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPKFUFxxsKQ
>>
Even if Star Wars ends at episode 9, that by no means will stop more movies, more spinoffs and prequels

kotor trilogy when
>>
>>88409582
>>88409702
Wait 15 years from now, there'll be an Episode X. It's just a way to create hype by telling people it's over, but leaving them wanting more.
Personally I hope this saga ends with Kylo not quite redeemed and riding off to try and make something of himself, leaving the story somewhat open ended. Maybe Luke can be his Uncle Iroh figure on that journey or something.
>>
File: 1455656538015.jpg (677KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1455656538015.jpg
677KB, 1200x1200px
>>88409702

Sorry anon, I actually read the interviews, rather than relying on 'seriosuly bro, here's a youtube video'.

>Will a new trilogy begin or will they be switching over to annual Star Wars standalone films? Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy says: “That’s a conversation going on right now, too. I have to honestly tell you, could we [do nothing but stand-alones]? Sure. But I don’t know. We are looking at all of that.”

>Kennedy suggests to EW that they are waiting to find out what the audience response is to Rogue One before determining the future of the Star Wars franchise past the original six announced films.

>“There are [possible movies] that we have been talking a lot about. But we are planning to sit down in January, since we will have had The Force Awakens released, now Rogue One, and we’ve finished shooting Episode VIII. We have enough information where we can step back a little bit and say, What are we doing? What do we feel is exciting? And what are some of the things we want to explore?”

This is the key bit...
>waiting to find out what the audience response is to Rogue One before determining the future of the Star Wars franchise past the original six announced films.

It's getting bad-to-mediocre reviews from >>88409441 big outlets, that will sway the public opinion, if just a little. TFA was met with roaring praise from the outset. This will not go unnoticed, especially when you add the upset kids and downer tone of the film. The next few days will be glorious.
>>
>>88409778

That would be glorious. They already gave him a bit of a Zuko vibe already, albeit one whose Iroh failed him, and with a dark side psychotic bent.
>>
>>88409702

>“Rogue One: A Star Wars Story will not change lives for the worse or for the better, and it will—or ought to—offend no one. Welcome to the Republic of the Just OK.”

>“Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is for the fans, all right, but in that expression’s worst way. Unless you’re thrilled by the idea of 133 minutes of sideways mentions, shout-outs and straight-up references to the original Star Wars (or Episode IV: A New Hope, for those born after 1977), there’s not nearly enough excitement going on here, much less character, plot or story.”

>“It’s a downer. It’s morally tangled. The characters are as depressed as the scenario, and Michael Giacchino’s music can’t make it better. Jones will probably become wealthy from this, which is the only happy thought to take from the experience. But Rogue One is strictly for completists, for the type of “Star Wars” fans who hated “Phantom Menace” and yet watched it more than twice.”

>“Lobotomized and depersonalized, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, the latest entry in the film franchise, is a pure and perfect product that makes last year’s flavor, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, feel like an exemplar of hands-on humanistic warmth and dramatic intimacy. Sure, J. J. Abrams’s movie offered merely effectively packaged simulacra of such values – but at least he tried. The director of Rogue One, Gareth Edwards, has stepped into a mythopoetic stew so half-baked and overcooked, a morass of pre-instantly overanalyzed implications of such shuddering impact to the series’ fundamentalists, that he lumbers through, seemingly stunned or constrained or cautious to the vanishing point of passivity, and lets neither the characters nor the formidable cast of actors nor even the special effects, of which he has previously proved himself to be a master, come anywhere close to life.”
>>
>>88409768
>kotor trilogy when
It would probably be heavily changed from what it's known in order to avoid the twists from being revealed too early.
If they do something in that time period, I hope the aesthetic is different from the mainline series of films. I know a lot of people have handwaved it away by saying that the galaxy has reached a point where it achieves very little technological advances, but there's clearly ways that they can and do advance throughout the seven films.
>>
>>88409814
Thanks, it's kind of the way I want it to end. I don't want him to do the redemption by death route like Vader, but I don't see how he could just go back to the light side by killing Snoke/saving Rey after killing such a big character and his own father. I hope that's the way they decide to go.
>>
>>88409889
Well the aesthetic was different in kotor, to an extent.

And yeah, it'll have to be changed a bit but its not like the Revan thing has to change. People knew going into TFA that Revan was Han's son, its hardly that big of a twist, and not everyone has played kotor so really only those who did would know as opposed to literally everyone who saw TFA
>>
>>88409920
>People knew going into TFA that Revan was Han's son
Wow, nucanon's getting really weird now
>>
>>88409915

I think exile is a safe bet if they do go the redemption route, as I really don't see them killing the only Solo and only Skywalker in one character. They want to keep those Saga selling genes going. Especially after >>88409863

>News at 10. Rogue One saves Ben Solo, otherwise known as Kylo Ren, from doom.
>>
>>88409920
It was a bit different, but mostly it felt like the galaxy didn't advance in the thousands of years between the stories. I like what they're doing now on Rebels - they're actively trying to make the past feel ancient and mysterious.
I think they'd play it off like 'we're gonna do something different, you'll see!' but then just have the twist end up being the same, anyway. Just have it revealed earlier, like the end of the first movie.
>>
>>88409946
Fuck, I meant Ren

Although he does dress like Revan

>>88409962
Well the droids in kotor were obviously less advanced, as was the combat since vibroblades were still heavily used. But I get what you're saying
>>
>>88409953
I don't see them killing him either. I hope he's not just accepted with open arms though.
>>
File: sad.jpg (109KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
109KB, 1920x1080px
>Be Vader
>Surrounded by incompetent fools, nearly all officers frustrate me to no end
>Troopers are not as reliable as the clones
>Would be highly inappropriate now to be friendly to anyone
>My Master is my only "Friend" and he is not even really that

>Regret so many things
>Dread about murdering my wife, and seemingly my unborn child

>Wish I could just disappear forever, but my Masters hold on me is too strong
>Wish I could just go pod racing one more time
>Feel completely alone.
>>
File: otp.jpg (51KB, 630x473px)
otp.jpg
51KB, 630x473px
>>88410061
>Regretting not plowing the Zygerian queen when he had the chance
>>
>>88410061
>Address my master as Sheev in all my transmissions for petty revenge
>>
>>88410093
How often does interspecies romance actually occur in the galaxy? There's not as many examples as you would think.
>>
File: 1476715695127.png (80KB, 680x680px)
1476715695127.png
80KB, 680x680px
Damnit. Miraj was such a hottie.
>>
File: 1358156158788.jpg (2KB, 82x126px) Image search: [Google]
1358156158788.jpg
2KB, 82x126px
>>88409863
>>“Lobotomized and depersonalized, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, the latest entry in the film franchise, is a pure and perfect product that makes last year’s flavor, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, feel like an exemplar of hands-on humanistic warmth and dramatic intimacy. Sure, J. J. Abrams’s movie offered merely effectively packaged simulacra of such values – but at least he tried.

Someone should tell him that TFA is a blatant remake/rehash of ANH
>>
>>88410142
>this movie is so soulless it makes TFA look warm
He's giving TFA a pretty backhanded compliment while
>>
>>88410127
Those lesbians that killed that guy who stole Ashoka's lightsaber

That clone and the Twilek

Ezra and Seventh Sister

Zero the Hutt and that wierd lip alien

And the Zygerian queen saw no problem with it so its probably not uncommon at all, even if the examples arent many
>>
>>88410177
>Ezra and Seventh Sister
I see what you tried to do there, seventhsisterposter, and it's not going to work
>>
>>88410209
They are technically different races
>>
>>88410110
I wouldn't put it past Sheev to eventually get so angry about this that he would disregard Vader completely and just start fresh again with a new apprentice.

Or perhaps that will be how Vader would approach him when he felt it was his time to take over.
>>
File: Happy SS.png (256KB, 601x775px)
Happy SS.png
256KB, 601x775px
>>88410177
>Ezra and Seventh Sister
I like you anon.
>>
>>88410266
>Vader would approach him when he felt it was his time to take over.
I wonder if he ever had those feelings after Padme died and before he knew about Luke
>>
>>88410294
Maybe, it might have crossed his mind.

Something tells me his thoughts were more occupied with being angry about his choices and himself.

He may have also had thought about the logistics of taking over. With the previous Sith all the apprentice had to do was kill his Master and he took his place. The same would apply to Sheev but Sheev happens to also be the complete ruler of the Galaxy. For Vader to simply take his place in that aspect may be easier said than done.

There is also how much Vader really knows about Sith tradition. The old EU Legends stuff seem to suggest Sheev hid as much as he could from Vader concerning the Sith except for the limited things he allowed him to know.

Of course in Empire he seemed very ready and willing to have his son join him and supplant the Emperor so, who knows.
>>
File: EliteDarktrooper-SWGTCGAoD.jpg (648KB, 925x1123px) Image search: [Google]
EliteDarktrooper-SWGTCGAoD.jpg
648KB, 925x1123px
>>88408897
My Nerra
>>
For the first time, I think I can summon up some interest in Jyns character. Going by the spoilers, the poor iRebel had a pretty shitty life when all was said and done.
>>
>>88411713
She's a pretty good character from what I hear. Very __tragic.
>>
>>88410093
I'd kill a lot more people too if that was the case.
>>
>>88410061
>Wish I could just go pod racing one more time

Man, this hit me like a ton of bricks and kind of underscores just how much fucking REGRET Vader must have.

Even on Tattoine when he had nothing but a bomb in his neck and some scrap metal droids he at least had friends and could keep a good attitude. He painted everything he had or could borrow in bright colors. He could convince himself he had a future.

All of that's gone. Even discounting the jedi he turned on and the clones long gone even if he tried to go back to the desert none of his surviving friends would ever recognize him. Or if they would, only as a killing monster. If the jedi were austere and humorless the Imperial Fleet is even worse, cold and grey and the opposite of what he imagined for himself as a boy.
>>
>Zeb, you asshole, they're flocking this way!
>>
File: really haruun kal.jpg (27KB, 620x511px) Image search: [Google]
really haruun kal.jpg
27KB, 620x511px
>>88409889
>I know a lot of people have handwaved it away by saying that the galaxy has reached a point where it achieves very little technological advances
Once a fucking again I have to bring up that the KOTOR shit is no change for modern Imperial and Rebel ships. The main ships of the KOTOR era are barely larger than 600 meters, with their Executor equivalent (Centurion) being 1200 meters only. That, and they only use laser cannons.

Its why Taris gets rebuilt so easily and the only thing delaying it by 300 years is Republic bureaucrats. Same with Telos. If you had an Imperial Star Destroyer doing that bombardment, you'd just have a fucking rock afterwards. No ruins, no anything but a simple rock.

Comparing KOTOR ships to OT ships is like comparing old Manowars to modern Aircraft Carriers.

I feel like I need to make a copy pasta for every time this dumb shit that KOTOR has same tech as OT/PT is brought up.
>>
>>88410447

I think it's the opposite. If there's anything Vader and Anakin were both good at, it's logic and logistics. Even as just Vader he could probably number his subordinates in six or even seven digits and he had no problem designing systems and ships for them. He was probably only second to Raith Seinar in that department and they worked together to make the TIE advanced and most likely other projects as well. If it's the job of actually ruling the guy who habitually hung around politicians from a young age and commanded the republic and imperial war machines could probably handle it.

It's just that the actual part of killing Palpatine is made out to be hard. When he actually did it Palpatine had to be totally distracted and he still fried him the second he got close and killed him. Sheev mentioned Vader might one day overtake him in ROTS but that was before losing half his body and having the rest scarred internally and externally so badly.

Not to mention that Palpatine really didn't teach him everything or even any of the cool stuff. Lightning aside all of the cool alchemy and monster bits were left out of his training.
>>
>>88410177
>Those lesbians that killed that guy who stole Ashoka's lightsaber
Who?
>>
File: at-st sizes.jpg (15KB, 236x354px)
at-st sizes.jpg
15KB, 236x354px
>>88411894
>Life, ah, finds a way...
>>
>>88411930
I always liked the idea that Sheev didn't teach him everything but Vader made it a point to learn on his own. It feels like something he'd do; if he's stuck being a Sith, he might as well be a proper Sith.
>>
>>88411894
Finally AT-STs, why don't we see much of them? They've shown up in other material, so why do we get those AT-DPs instead? Is it more Muck Karrie dick sucking?
>>
>Immortal Nightsister spirits are okay
>Failed attempts at immortality that resulted in trapped Sith spirits is not

C'mon, it's perfectly believable that in their attempts at it they had some failings and became shit similar to the Nightsisters now and then.
>>
>>88411953
Your favorite Star Wars character is now played by Jeff Goldblum.

What happens?
>>
>>88411998
I think biological immortality is probably a possibility in Star Wars considering how advanced it is but its probably not what the Sith are going for. They don't really care about preserving their bodies and would body-hop gladly given the chance.
>>
>>88411923

1200 was still pretty big and more or less on par with the Venator and much larger than the Victory class. It's not that the KOTOR stuff is primitive, it's that the GE insisted on making things as big as possible and damn the logistics.

It's also confirmed that there are Turbolasers on the Centurion class.
>>
>>88412022
>biological immortality is probably a possibility in Star Wars
Fett achieved it in the EU. He got old clone data to stop some illness he was suffering from and the "refreshing" he'd get from the procedure made him immortal as long as he kept taking it.

Fett fans are the worst.
>>
>>88411998
I like the idea of Force ghosts in Star Wars. This allows us to have proper horror settings and haunted castles.
>>
File: An_Inside_Man_Concept_Art_13.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
An_Inside_Man_Concept_Art_13.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
>>88411953
Tell that to poor Kallus. These bastards turned him into Mandalorian artwork for Thrawn's pleasure.
>>
>>88411952
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ione_Marcy
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cassie_Cryar
>>
>>88412011
Nothing since you probably can't tell if Poggle is stammering and rambling. He might already be a Geonosian Jeff Goldblum and we have no idea.
>>
>>88412043
Well we know at some point there was a new Mandalore in the Legacy comics. Would be pretty funny if he got immortality but then ends up getting shot on a hunt or something.
>>
>>88412058
>click... click click, zaa,.. zaa wog wog click!
>>
>>88411998

The nightsisters had to be called, they didn't just appear when they pleased like Jedi Ghosts.
>>
File: 1445556453504.jpg (378KB, 1200x1564px)
1445556453504.jpg
378KB, 1200x1564px
>>88411996
>>
>>88412087

On that note though someone at Lucasfilm has probably been pitching Dark Empire 2.0: Bruce Willis Boogaloo. Wendig mentioned Palpatine's capital ship disappearing mysteriously.

Please for the love of god don't reboot Dark Empire under Wendig though. I beg you Gisnep.
>>
When are all of you niggas going to see Rogue One? 10 hours for me.
>>
File: 1456795677321.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1456795677321.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>88412011
>Tarkin's Carrion Spike anecdote in Goldblumese
>>
>>88412111

I'm in no rush. Nothing about it has really captured me. I might wait a week or two. I might catch it on dvd or pirate a camrip.
>>
>>88412117
>>Tarkin's Carrion Spike anecdote
What? Does he make an epic monologue on how awesome his ship is? Its fucking shit. Sheev's yacht, on the other hand, is pretty cool.
>>
>>88412087
And Revan (And I don't forget who was supposed to be with him) was trapped on a planet in the Clone Wars ep that got scrapped. Either way they both got immortality.

Though it was good that the Revan episode was scrapped since it made no sense with the already existing story and would have just been insulting. The whole idea of Sith that fucked up their attempt at immortality though is a golden idea that we need to see.
>>
>>88412106
I remember Ian McDiermid firmly saying at a convention in 2014 that Sheev was completely dead and not coming back.

He did have a twinkle in his eye, though...
>>
>>88411996
AT-ST is a scout transport. AT-DP is a defense pod. We've mostly seen worlds the Empire wouldn't need scout walkers on, instead they have walkers for garrison purposes.

Their weaponry is rather different. AT-ST seems to rely more on multiple lighter anti-personnel cannons. AT-DP has a single canon that is decent enough against light armor.

On a world like Lothal or Garel you'd see AT-DPs. On the Forest Moon of Endor with a base and plenty of woodlands you'd see scout walkers. Sometimes we see AT-DPs used in places where the AT-ST would make more sense, such as when the Empire deployed against the CIS remnants in rebels, but they have to use the models they have handy.
>>
>>88412130

Revan canon didn't die Dark Side so having him return would be stupid.
>>
>>88412127
>Does he make an epic monologue on how awesome his ship is?
No, he tells a really long-winded story about why he decided to name it the Carrion Spike.
>>
>>88412142
It's kind of funny that very few people seem to realize that was the implication. They kept going FUCK LUCAS AND FILONI WE ALMOST HAD BASED REVAN without realizing just what that actually entailed.
>>
>>88412136
I thought AT-ST is more modular, whereas AT-DP is more of for city patrols and such. I could see Imperial worlds like Coruscant, Corellia, Kuat having AT-DPs deployed against possibility of rebels whereas AT-ST is more of a military war machine.

Basically AT-DP is gestapo whereas AT-ST is wehrmacht is how I've always taken it.
>>
>>88412130
>it made no sense with the already existing story and would have just been insulting
That's what TCW did with the rest of the EU though
>>
>>88412133

He's also said he fucking loves being Sheev though and he'd probably jump at it if offered.

It's a shame EA is so retarded because both McDiermid and McGregor would love to come back for something and Billy Dee Williams is Lando in literally everything except the spin off movie since he's too old and is no stranger to voice work. Just get Bruce Willis to do Kam Solusar and it essentially casts and writes itself as a game. Shit, that's what half of Rogue Squadron WAS.
>>
>>88412188

The AT-ST is implied to be newer though. In Servants of the Empire Zaire is talking with an imperial officer and they go over how the empire only has one man walkers and two man assault capable units would only just be coming out alongside a new engine for the TIE fighter.
>>
>>88412133
I would wholeheartedly support a Dark Empire sort of movie just to see Sheev again. I fucking love Sheev. He is one of the five best characters in the entire Star Wars universe, and every time he is on screen it is an absolute delight.
>>
>>88412222
I'm pretty annoyed that if Sheev ever gets a larger role on Rebels they're probably still just going to stick with Witwer rather than spring for McDiarmid.

He's been vocal about wanting to play the role again for years and so far the only ones who've hired him were the fucking Angry Birds people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaTJM-5gBxU
>>
>>88409793
>You'll never have a SW guerilla warfare game like insurgency.
>Instead, you have a turd where everyone is bunny hopping with their jetpack.

Why live?
>>
>>88412260
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HtfSuazG70

The man knows what people like, and he's as bro as you could be about it. I hope he's involved SOMEHOW in the upcoming films.
>>
>>88409702

For now.

The Search For More Money is a sequel that will take forever to get to.
>>
File: 1400197560398.jpg (13KB, 300x315px) Image search: [Google]
1400197560398.jpg
13KB, 300x315px
>Nearly 2017
>S word still not filtered

I will never forgive Luceno for giving Palpatine that name and thus creating one of the worst forced memes in 4chan history
>>
>>88412705
Why so peeved about Sheev?
>>
>>88412705
Back to /tv/ with you
>>
>>88412721
But /tv/ memes harder than any other board.
>>
>>88412705
this
>>
>>88412735
/co/ is the only places that bitches about /tv/, everyone else bitches about /pol/
>>
>>88412705
At least it's not Cos Dashit like George originally wanted.
>>
>>88412771
That's because /tv/ bleeds into /co/ and not into other boards.
>>
>>88408877
The amount of official Phase II Dark Trooper art is severely lacking in my opinion.

Especially large clean resolution of the artwork from the various card games.
>>
>>88412790
>/tv/ doesnt bleed into other boards

Except, you know, baneposting

I think you guys just need to accept /tv/ isnt going anywhere, bitching about it will solve nothing
>>
>>88412798
Crap, wrong one. Meant stuff like this by Thomas Wievegg.

Doesn't help that the new canon Phase II Dark Trooper looks exactly like the Purge Trooper.
>>
>>88412802
Baneposting just became ubiquitous enough as to be unavoidable. /tv/ influences /co/ because they have the most in common, they share a medium (television and film), and what with the boom in live action content adapted from /co/-related material, the influx of /tv/ culture on /co/ has been even more massive.
>>
>>88412816
>Damn that pic

That's why i'm always using them in empire at war.
>>
reminder that if palpatine and yoda with lightsabers doesn't trigger you, kys
>>
Reminder that if you get triggered over things in children's movies you should kys
>>
>>88413312
it's a dumb fun, nothing to be triggered about
>>
>>88408877
At times weapons development in Star Wars doesn't remind me of a seven year old's game of magic lasers, or even a deviantartist's donut steel.

This is not one of those times.
>>
>>88413312

What should yoda do, spam force push?
>>
>>88413532
Glare at Sidious real hard, at which point Sidious should back the fuck off and spring the death trap.
>>
>>88413312
>people part of two groups who use lightsabers shouldn't use lightsaber
>>
File: The-Combine.jpg (70KB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
The-Combine.jpg
70KB, 600x340px
Pick up that can
*garbles intensifies*
>>
>>88409768
Have no fears they got stories for years
>>
>>88414327
isn't J.J directing the half life movie?
>>
File: 3cd8a33a.png (133KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
3cd8a33a.png
133KB, 500x282px
>>88414640
>>
ROGUE ONE IS UP TO 85%
>>
>>88414913
no one gives a shit
>>
>>88415009
We will when it'll be in front of TFA.
>>
>>88415009
I give a shit
Checkmate anon
>>
Two and a half hours til i am seeing the movie. Looking forward to coming back here and sharing my thoughts on it! Hope it's good.
>>
>>88415243
Sweet
Have fun Anon!
>>
>>88415243
according to all the people that Disney paid, it's apparently the greatest movie ever made.
>>
>>88409135
>t. Transformers fan
>>
>>88415424
The blowjob didn't get last year's deeper
(Maybe cuz JJ's dick is tiny)
>>
>>88411867
>If the jedi were austere and humorless the Imperial Fleet is even worse, cold and grey and the opposite of what he imagined for himself as a boy.

>has anyone ever been to them all?
>Hm, not likely.
>One day I'm gonna see 'em all!

>Sees most of the galaxy at war as a Jedi with the Clone Wars
>Imposes himself on the entire galaxy as Darth Vader

He got what he wanted, but in the worst way imaginable. Pretty much a perfect portrait of reality in some cases - as a kid you always dream of seeing the world outside your own, but as you get older, you come to find that the only feasible ways of doing it tend to involve business or war.

I want to see Anakin in his formative years. Like in the Jedi Apprentice books for Obi-Wan and the Jedi Quest books for Anakin. The Obi-Wan and Anakin comic was good insight, but just wasn't enough.
>>
>>88415696
>as a kid you always dream of seeing the world outside your own

Literally never left my home town, not even for college cause one of the major ones in the country are located only a few km's from here and I just drive every day.

But hey, I guess I'm not a slave on a sand planet.
>>
How big is Jabba's criminal empire?

Canonically
>>
>>88408877
Wait why did Kanan put the tracker on Ezra?
There's no explanation offered really, it seems like a convenience added to make it possible for Kanan and Sabine to follow them.
>>
>>88416013
Because he suspected Ezra to do something stupid and go on his own.

He had good reason aswell, just think of all the times Ezra ran away from home to meet up with /ss/ for some lewd midnight sex.
>>
>>88416013
> it seems like a convenience added to make it possible for Kanan and Sabine to follow them.
I think that was the exact reason they did put a tracker on him. So they could follow him.
>>
>>88416013
>Wait why did Kanan put the tracker on Ezra?
To track him
>>
Who /seeingrogueonetomorrow/ here?
>>
Do you expect to like Rogue One better than TFA?
>>
>>88416159
I'm seeing it next week on Monday because my friends are all busy until then..

>>88416201
ye boi
Rogue One is going to be the movie for actual fans whereas TFA was for all the normie Star Wars fans.
>>
>hey Ezra, I know I've done nothing but betray and blackmail you with your friends death, and just now I got two of your friends killed, but comeon man let's go desert wandering

I honestly think Maul might be kind of insane to think this would work.

>>88416201
Well it'll be more original if that's the metric. But besides that, I liked TFA quite a bit, so prob not.
>>
>>88416201
I expect I will but it seems like normies who went in expecting a light hearted space fantasy movie did not
>>
>>88416201
No. I didn't even like TFA but at least that had old characters in it for nostalgia, RO only has Vader and that's it. If it's the same level as TFA then I'm not going to like this movie.
>>
>>88410294
This is explained in Lords of the Sith. Vader has a moment to betray Sidious but he does not. Sidious notes it and Vader admits to having feelings of betrayal.
>>
>>88416159
I'm seeing it today.
>>
Is it safe to come into /swco/ or are people spoiling?
>>
>>88412771
This is the most untrue statement I've ever heard. EVERYONE complains about /tv/ and /pol/. Look at /qa/. You know how many petitions a week we get for /tv/'s removal? A lot!
>>
>>88416552
spoilers are pretty common
>>
>>88416552
literally everyone dies.
>>
>>88416705
Even Darth Vader?
>>
>>88416743
Especially Darth Vader.
>>
>>88416743
Especially Darth Vader
>>
File: download.png (9KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
9KB, 239x211px
>piece of star wars media
>Literally anything happens
>Imperial March fanfare kicks in
>>
>>88416769
>>88416780
Damn, what a shit movie, can't even keep the canon straight.
>>
>>88416159
Who else a virgin here?
>>
>>88416836
the canon is whatever the people making the movies want it to be.
>>
Just saw rogue one, it was fantastic like one of the better clone wars arcs. I totally recommend it.
>>
>>88416931
>like one of the better clone wars arcs.
I didn't like any of the Clone Wars stories, should I skip Rogue One?
>>
>>88416931
>it was fantastic like one of the better clone wars arcs
dammit
>>
>>88417096
Maybe, it's still entirely possible you could like it.
>>
>>88417149
define "one of the better" maybe it's one of the ones I hated least.
>>
My friends don't like ST and my father wants to see Underworld 5 this week over Rogue One. Feels bad
>>
>>88417169
It has a real boots the ground feeling like the clone trooper heavy episodes, with a enough political backing to keep it engaging, but not to overshadow the main ensamble.
>>
>>88417170
nice blog yo.
>>
Forget Rogue One, where's the new Poe comic issue?
>>
>>88416808
We need to move on from John Williams
>>
camrips when?
>>
>>88412011
>Live action Cad Bane played by Goldblum

I just don't know, man
>>
>>88417343
Imperial March is part of the OT, no one will ever be able to move on from that shit.
>>
>>88417441
they just need to not use it for literally everything.
>>
>>88412011
Kylo Ren.
I'm fine.
>>
>>88416931
How does Saw die?
>>
>>88417526
They literally have the same nose
>>
>>88417557
makes you think, huh?
>>
>>88417548
No one read this who doesn't want to get spoiled.

he gets blown up by the death star.
>>
Just saw it

3 > Rogue One > 7 >6 > 5 > 4 > 1 > 2
>>
And now it turns out C-3PO is the cause of the Gauvians and Kanjiklub teaming up on Solo's ass. Of course it is...
>>
>>88417600
from the trailers when he's screaming save the dream it looks like something is crumbling behind him. Is that the scene where he bites the dust?

Also does Jedha get completely destroyed by the DS or cracked?
>>
>>88417752
Only the Holy City gets destroyed, Alderaan is still the first planet destroyed by the Death Star. I mean, some people think Scariff got blown up, but I'm pretty sure that's just a misconception.
>>
>>88417907
so the first weapons test is the second weapons test?
>>
If strictly going by RT
>RT
I think many people have concluded Force Awakens is over rated, and it's score on their is not accurate

Does anyone think now most reviewers have taken off the nostalgia glasses and will give Rogue One a more accurate review? In which currently it would suggest it is an actual good movie
>>
So, I just Saw it.

I actually really liked it.

For reference, my favorite SW film is ROTS and I think TFA pissed on the franchise so bad that whole era is ruined.

CONS

-a few small instances of characters acting extremely stupid to advance the plot
-one or two out of place quips (not as bad as TFA)
-one line of Bail's dialogue is just dumb and is a borderline prequel diss (bet the slimy jew writer wrote the line)
-music was junk, just background noise

PROS
-pretty interesting cast, loved seeing Mon and Bail, Mads was great (if underused)
-clone turbo tank
-Captain Syndulla's name can be heard on the loudspeaker at Yavin
-very effective at keeping my interest
-cool Hammerhead action
-cinematography was great (was shot digitally, and looks better than TFA for it. Another technology that George advanced.)
-just all around more respectful of SW than TFA
-they had the balls to use a ton of great looking CG for everything from space stations to actors.
-less obnoxiously toyetic than TFA (no )red arm scene, no BB-8 tier shilling

I was surprised at how much it didn't make me want to kill everyone involved.
I only paid 4 bucks to see it though, and I live in an Asian country currently, so Disney gets less of a cut of my money :^)
>>
>>88418222
>my favorite SW film is ROTS
opinion discarded
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (78KB, 1920x1080px)
maxresdefault.jpg
78KB, 1920x1080px
Why did the Yoda puppet look so shitty in The Phantom Menace?
>>
File: 1471922892215.gif (324KB, 401x353px)
1471922892215.gif
324KB, 401x353px
>>88418365
Man, movie season really brings out the shitposters.

If you don't care about my opinion, don't respond to it.
>>
>>88418375
the same reason the Jabba puppet looked so shitty in A New Hope
>>
>>88418389
Jabba wasn't a puppet in A New Hope. Yoda was a puppet in The Phantom Menace, at least before the Blu-ray version.
>>
>>88418375
Yoda was not a puppet in the canon version of TPM.

>>88418389
>Jabba puppet
in A New Hope
?
>>
>>88418222
>-one line of Bail's dialogue is just dumb and is a borderline prequel diss
Desire to know more intensifies.
>>
>>88418456
It's nothing too huge, but if you haven't sen the movie, I won't spoil it.
The little scene as a whole is nice, there's just one line that jumbled my jammies.
>>
>>88418450
>>88418440
>Jabba wasn't a puppet in A New Hope.

Why do you think the scene was never in any of the remakes of the movie until the special edition?
The puppet they used was so terrible that they simply couldn't do the scene with it. Then the special edition came out and they used a slightly less terrible digital puppet. Then two (I think) editions later, we have the still not very good looking Jabba we have in the movie now.
>>
>>88418522
>The puppet they used
I'm pretty sure there was never a puppet.
Just a fat guy.
>>
I cant believe how dumb I am.

In TFA Rey defeats Kylo using Anakin's lightsaber. I had some sort of weird disconnect between Anakin, Luke, and Rey. I knew Luke was using Anakin's old lightsaber that was given to him by Kenobi and it was lost at Cloud city. But when it shows up again in TFA I didn't see it as having belonged to Anakin in its history, it was just Luke's old lightsaber that he lost.

>The Vader wannabe gets beaten by Vader's old Lightsaber

It went straight over my head
>>
>>88418641
Wow.
You're kind of retarded aren't you?
>>
>>88416931
> like one of the better clone wars arcs
That's actually how I expected it to be. Just one of the fun alternate media stories and not a blockbuster popcorn flick like TFA.
>>
>>88417170
They don't like ST as in the Sequel Trilogy or as in Star Wars but weirdly shortened? Because Rogue One is not in the ST.
>>
>>88418730
I assumed he was talking about Star Trek.
>>
>>88418222
>-clone turbo tank
WAIT
WAIT WHAT
WAIT
A CLONE TURBO TANK??
>>
File: Heating up.jpg (32KB, 300x900px)
Heating up.jpg
32KB, 300x900px
>>88418222
>clone turbo tank
>>
>>88418758
yup
Jyn is being transported in one by the Empire at the beginning of the film.
>>
File: Chirrut.png (56KB, 208x231px) Image search: [Google]
Chirrut.png
56KB, 208x231px
>>88418836
oh boy
oh boy
oh boy

This movie just keeps on delivering
>>
>>88418758
yeash
Jyn is being transported in one by the Empire at the beginning of the film.
>>
File: 1478551675364.gif (2MB, 250x141px)
1478551675364.gif
2MB, 250x141px
>>88418836
>turbo tanks
>>
I saw it too, wasn't impressed.

Don't bother worrying about being "spoiled" if you haven't seen it yet, unless you're worried about spoilers for A New Hope. Nothing surprising or canon-changing happens, for better or worse.

Before I can think of it and its effect on canon I have to think of it as a movie first, though. It didn't do anything to change my opinion that Edwards is a very mediocre director, and you can tell the script was written by the guy who did Twilight: New Moon and The Nutty Professor 2 because there are some REAL dialogue clunkers in this movie, some unironic, non-hyperbolic Attack of the Clones tier shit but without the imaginative art direction and Lucas-y weird fun to (sort of) make up for it. The score is also weird because it's Giacchino doing Williams-esque music but you can tell it isn't Williams despite the similar style, so the effect comes across as low-budget Star Wars music. And really, the whole movie is like that. Like it's obvious they're putting all the effort and talent into the "real" movies (i.e. the episodes) and the spinoffs are just there to have something in the off years.

Tudykbot was cute I guess and it looked nice though. But your mileage will vary depending on how much you can deal with two hours of super one-dimensional characters saying terrible lines punctuated with occasional bouts of ANH nostalgia-bait (which doesn't feel nearly as effective as it should be probably because TFA just came out last year and was ALSO punctuated with constant nostalgia-bait).
>>
>>88418962
I should also add that there's a lot of cool stuff for more core fans to take away too, little things. I was actually about to write about the turbo tank but that other anon already mentioned it. it's not enough to make up for the movie being so bland though
>>
>>88418962
>I have to think of it as a movie first
the PT fags won't like that at all.
>>
>>88418962
I mostly agree, but it was so much better than the disaster on all levels that was TFA that I give it a pass.

Not as good as any main saga film, but not insulting to them (the OT too, TFA ruins the OT) as TFA was.
>>
>>88419031
The only reason you posted this was to get replies.
Think about your life choices.
>>
>>88419031
What? Empire Strikes back, Return of the Jedi and The Phantom Menace do not work when viewed as a singular movies.
>>
>>88418962
>>88419045
Agree. i aw it a few hours ago and its not the best thing ever but at least its better than the PT
>>
>>88419120
>but at least its better than the PT
Hell no.
It's a fine movie though.
>>
>>88409863
>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story will not change lives for the worse or for the better, and it will—or ought to—offend no one. Welcome to the Republic of the Just OK

Is this guy asshurt because they didn't use the movie to shill for SJW bullshit beyond casting? Did they want the death star to have a Donald Trump wig or something?
>>
>>88419066
>>88419095
Any fan when confronted with the idea of looking at their favorite work, completely out of the realm of fandom and as an actual movie to be critiqued will rail against the idea, since it means that they may have to be confronted with the ideas that what they have spent years devouring and revering may simply not be all that good.
>>
To those that saw the film, what is Vader's fighting style? Is it slow and clunky or is it fluid?
>>
>>88419127
>Hell no
hahah oh come on. The PT made everyone want to take their eyes and ears out
>>
>>88419031
I'm actually interested to see prequel fans' responses because there's a nice amount of stuff in this movie to both annoy them, and placate them. There are some cool shout-outs to the prequels, originals, Clone Wars and Rebels. But again, you have to ask if that actually makes the movie GOOD, and the answer - at least for me - is "no". Yeah I liked it when the Ghost popped up and you hear Hera speaking but that's not really pertinent to the film itself. The structure is all weird and there's a lot of strange and off-putting plotting I need to think about a bit more.
>>
>>88419162
>and you hear Hera speaking
Dammit why the fuck aren't Kanan and Ezra helping?
>>
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/809015246476087296
>1/2 Saw "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" at screening. Amazing! Got goosebumps! So good in characters! Mads the best! #RogueOne

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/809015283054542848
>2/2 Will go see again this weekend. Gareth gave us the NEW HOPE! Thank you, Garett! May the force with us. #RogueOne
>>
File: sadvader.jpg (574KB, 1185x1766px)
sadvader.jpg
574KB, 1185x1766px
>>88410061
>>
>>88419140
>will rail against the idea
Not at all. I like Star Wars because I like Lucas as a filmmaker.

If I only liked it for the brand, I would still be obsessed with shit like Yu-Gi-Oh or whatever else I liked as a kid.

>>88419146
More fluid than his fights in the OT.
Pretty much his style from the Mustafar fight, just a bit more viscous and less acrobatic (small hallway).
>>
>>88409863
>it will—or ought to—offend no one.

>White genocide isn't offensive

smdhtbqh
>>
File: 1481724406127.png (15KB, 400x400px)
1481724406127.png
15KB, 400x400px
>All reviewers keep saying its not the OT but at least far better than the PT
>>
>>88419156
last (You) phoneposter
>>
>>88412088
That's adorable. Did they remove the corpses before nesting?
>>
>>88419233
I can't tell if you're laughing at the reviewer's shit taste or if you're farming for (You)'s from prequel fans.
>>
>>88419188
The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion.

Also Hera is the ranking officer on her ship.
>>
>>88418222
>Clone turbo tank
You don't just drop that an not explain it. Are we back to clone-tubes and Sidious having a gorillion back up clones?
>>
>>88419265
KANAN EZRA DEAD BY 0BBY CONFIRMED
>>
>>88419265
>Also Hera is the ranking officer on her ship.
Like always
>>
>>88419263
this is /swco/, the bastion of PT fellating.
It's the latter.
>>
>>88419283
No.
see
>>88418836
>>
>>88419140
This is bullshit.

I personally love Star Wars but I would never pretend they're great movies or cinematic masterpieces. ANH is straight-up camp with seriously awkward dialogue and stiff performances. The only thing that saves the film is the good special effects. Empire Strikes back put the action in the beginning and the pacing slows to a crawl toward the middle of the film. Worst of all is its no ending. Return of the jedi and TPM have the same problems too.
>>
>>88419286
Or at the very least, the Empire believes they are, so they shouldn't be running around Imperial facilities swinging laser swords around like ass holes.
>>
>>88419316
KANAN EZRA SMOKING WEED WITH DARTH MAUL ON OUTER RIM PLANET WAITING OUT THE WAR UNTIL THEIR TRIUMPHANT RETURN TO TRAIN REY AND DEFEAT THE KNIGHTS OF REN CONFIMRED
>>
>>88419263
Not that anon, but I'm pretty sure he's commenting on the pervasive idea of "well this new Star Wars movie isn't good, but it's better than the prequels, so therefore I give it a 10/10!" that seems to be everywhere in Star Wars film criticism now.

The same thing happened with TFA. It was a fine, decent movie but lots of critics gave it more of a pass than they might have normally on the logic of "it wasn't awful", as if not being awful is the same as being great. Regardless of your personal feelings on the prequels, most people disliked them, so now - apparently - whenever a Star Wars movie comes out and it doesn't feature any lines quite as bad as Anakin talking about sand, that's a sign for critics to give it a better score for "exceeding expectations" when the expectations are lower than dirt.

It's turned Star Wars as a series into a permanently underestimated franchise among the masses despite being worth billions of dollars, which means praise will be more forthcoming than if the expectations were higher, which means TFA gets a 9 and Rogue One gets an 8.5 despite both films hovering at around the 6 mark.
>>
File: 1446475555839.png (501KB, 413x408px)
1446475555839.png
501KB, 413x408px
>>88419363
>Maul outlasts Sidious and Vader
>Has literally nothing left after the Battle of Endor, not even Ezra as his apprentice, who he has mortally wounded
>Finds out through shenanigans Luke was trained by Obi Wan, and Leia is his sister
>Maul is so old and his body so screwed up he can barely go on, so he tries one last scheme to fuck over Kenobis legacy
>Goes GreenNightsisterSpirit and tries to possess Ben Solo like Sheev and Anakin Solo
>Gets stuck in a dying Ezra
>Finally dies

Rate this sending for Darth Maul
>>
>>88419472
>any lines quite as bad as Anakin talking about sand
What in the same hell is bad about this line?
Have you never tried to make small talk with a beautiful woman?
>>
>>88419363
Maul now an old man being carried by his robolegs flailing around with his red lightsaber trying to do his best Grevious impersonation as he fights a bunch of scrub Sith tryhards,
>>
>>88419499
*sam hell
dammit
>>
>>88419481
confusing/10
>>
File: Erased.jpg (58KB, 413x451px)
Erased.jpg
58KB, 413x451px
>>88419499
>Have you never tried to make small talk with a beautiful woman?
>talking to women
>>
>>88419499
sand isn't the only terrible line in the movie, it's just the one people latch onto the most.

personally I prefer "I love tha wader"
>>
>>88419570
>"I love tha wader"
Ok, so what's bad about this?
>>
>>88419570
How is that any worse than
>a death mark's not any easy thing to live with
This line is just "captain obvious" to the max.
>>
So did Rebels just drop Ezra X Sabine? I remember him liking her in a few episodes of S1 but I can't recall any "hints" in S2 nor so far into S3?

Not that I'm complaining really, Romanshit always brings shows down.
>>
>>88419664
>Romanshit
hail Ceasar
>>
>>88419664
AVE, TRUE TO CAESAR
>>
>>88419525
I'll try again

>Maul is dying because he fucked up again
>Decides he wants a new body and oh look Kanan is right here, if I take his body then Ezra wont refuse me as his master anymore
>Possesses Ezra, starts doing shit that could harm the rebellion
>Ezra can't remove Maul and is forced to kill him/Kanan
>Ezra fucks off from the rebellion and goes on his own because he needs someone/something else to train him now and the Bendu isn't going to do it
>Only Hera, Zeb, Chop and Sabine are still in the Rebellion by Rogue One
Better Maul ending?

>>88419664
It's been dropped since Season 1. Ezra is too angsty to be horny right now. Maybe if the show weren't on Disney they would've tried something more, but Ezra seems destined to leave the Ghost Crew at some point. Having limited attachments to everyone but Kanan makes that more easily explained
>>
>>88419664
Ezra realized she isn't interested in him and stopped trying. You can tell he still really wants it to happen, especially when she grabs him and they fly off together that one time.
>>
>>88419663
>>88419604
aside from the bad pronunciation?
Just like "But I was going to head down to Toshe Station to buy some power converters" it's a clunky line and has bad delivery. Portman is very flat in her speech in the scene, and it is a line that pretty much worthless, considering literally everything else she talks about with it is about enjoying being in the water.

You'll find these kinds of lines everywhere in movies. Things that just don't sound right from a character perspective, or lines that the actor just couldn't get. They're still in the movie because someone felt they were important, and couldn't cut them, the actor wasn't available or the scene simply didn't allow for ADR to happen or for it to be reshot.

The scene in question with Padme and Anakin would have had a lull in the dialog in the scene if Padme hadn't said something in that span, so the line is there.
>>
>>88419777
>Just like "But I was going to head down to Toshe Station to buy some power converters" it's a clunky line and has bad delivery.
Exactly, my point was more "how is this bad in relation to the other SW movies?"

My stance has always been that 99% of the things the prequels get shit for are present in the OT at the same frequency.

The OT is not exactly well written on a plot level.
>>
>>88419869
>The OT is not exactly well written on a plot level
What about Empire?
>>
>>88419777
To continue, these lines aren't something to crucify a movie over, or kill a career about, they happen all the time, and you'd be hardpressed to find any movie without some kind of bad dialog.

People taking "I hate sand" to say that Hayden is bad are missing the point of it all. There's a lot that goes into an actors performance, and anything on any given day can throw them off, even just the job of being an actor can do it, it's why reshoots and ADR and the simply massive amount of takes that are done are a thing.
>>
>>88419777
>power converters
That's just supposed to be some kind of engine part for his landspeeder right? He's a farmboy with no one to talk to but his parents at home, and nothing to do but farmwork and work on his car/landspeeder. I bet Luke would post one /o/ and get made fun of for having an econobox or whatever
>>
>>88419889
It's a mess.
>Luke's training timeframe makes no sense in relation to Han's plot
>weird shit like the Empire being amatuer enough to crash two SD's into each other.
SPACE IS BIG
>shoddily implemented father reveal that shrunk the universe (started the whole dude everyone is related lmao) blatantly contradicted ANH and turned Obi-Wan into a delusional liar.

Most of Empire's problems are at the editing level though.
>>
>>88419906
>People taking "I hate sand" to say that Hayden is bad are missing the point of it all.
My point is that there is nothing wrong with either the line or the dleivery.

>I hate sand
I don't see the issue. He's just trying to make small talk with a beautiful woman.
>>
>>88420047
The problem with Anakin in Attack of the Clones is they tried to make him dark and serious but he just comes off as angsty and whiny, always talking about himself too. Part of that is the script and part of it was the actor. You can tell they were obviously going for the charming bad guy sort of role without making him the actual villain yet, but just couldn't grasp how to do it. It's just painful to sit through.
>>
>>88420225
>You can tell they were obviously going for the charming bad guy sort of role
not at all

I think this is the root of the problem. People assume too much about what was "intended".

Anakin is supposed to be "Angsty".

His portrayal in AOTC is very human and when I was going through a rough patch in my life, he really resonated with me.
>>
>>88420309
whoops I fucked up
comma after human
delete comma after life
>>
>>88419982
>Luke's training timeframe makes no sense in relation to Han's plot
You know, I've always wondered how long Luke trained for in V I figured it was a few months
>>
>>88420309
it didn't with me.
I accept TCW's Anakin though, I just have to forget how he genocided a tribe.
>>
File: 1413670424395.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1413670424395.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
>>88419924
>/o/
YOUR NEW IMPALA?
>>
>>88420479
>I accept TCW's Anakin though
Oh, you're hopeless.

TCW Anakin is a much shallower character than Hayden.
>>
>>88420479
>I just have to forget how he genocided a tribe.
A tribe of savages who kidnap, torture, brutalize, and murder people. Who kill/attempt to kill anyone who tries to rescue the people they kidnap.
>>
>>88420225
I honestly thought that Anakin was supposed to be angsty. Did I misinterpret II?
>>
>>88417579
;^)
>>
>>88420309
His portrayal was that of a broody creep. It's human but not in a good way and not a way that endears him to most people, just like I wouldn't want to watch a whole star wars movie about some drug-addicted depressed beggar on some nowhere world. It might be real and human but it's sure not what I care about seeing in a star wars film.

>>88420521
Wrong. It had him acting much more confident, competent and professional. That makes him appear to be much less of a brat and more of a warrior like they keep telling us he is.
>>
>>88420579
No, he did.
>>
Was he a Gary Stu?
>>
>>88420608
Yeah but he was cool.
>>
>>88420579
He was supposed to be dark and cool with deep seated problems and misgivings about certain things. Instead, we got what we got.
>>
>>88420588
>It might be real and human but it's sure not what I care about seeing in a star wars film.
It's something i'd rather see than TCW's cliche action man character.
The only time he's any good in TCW is when his AOTC personality comes through.

>It had him acting much more confident, competent and professional. That makes him appear to be much less of a brat and more of a warrior like they keep telling us he is.
Not seeing anything related to depth here.
>>
>>88420628
I don't know, it never seemed like he was trying to be cool. He was emotionally charged from the first scene.
>>
>>88420628
>He was supposed to be dark and cool
'no'
>with deep seated problems and misgivings about certain things.
This, however, was intended, and was executed beautifully in the film.
>>
>>88420648
>Not seeing anything related to depth here.
Telling the audience he's one thing and showing something completely different is a failure of the most basic storytelling process.

Also
>implying somebody who has their shit together is less deep than an immature wreck
>>
>>88420658
>it never seemed like he was trying to be cool
Have you stricken all the romance scenes from your mind? Because you should tell me the secret to that.
>>
>>88420749
>Telling the audience he's one thing and showing something completely different
????
You were shown a real person who had elements of heroism and bravery in his personality.
You weren't shown a one dimensional cartoon character, and it pissed you off.

>>implying somebody who has their shit together is less deep than an immature wreck
Plenty of shallow people have their shit together.
>>
>>88420764
trying to be honest=/=trying to be cool

Honestly my dude, you just sound underage.
Like you have no life experience or something.
>>
>>88420764
I honestly didn't see what you were trying to prove when I watched it and I've seen it a handful of times. The only time I can think of in regards to the romance scenes and him trying to be cool is when he got ran over by that giant gerbil and then laughed about it. I'll rewatch it today or tomorrow though, it wasn't something I was watching out for.
>>
File: 123421345.jpg (49KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
123421345.jpg
49KB, 500x412px
>Original Trilogy > <Insert New Star Wars Product Here> Prequel Trilogy
This is how it always will be
>>
>>88420835
Mostly definitely not.
Have a (You) though.
>>
>>88420835
obviously
>>
>>88420835

Only to a minority of Star Wars fans.
>>
>>88420922
proofs?
>>
File: damn door.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
damn door.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>88420948
You'll get your proof when you FIX THIS DAMN DOOR
>>
>>88420948
Someone post Pablo's tweets.
>>
>>88420963
How did Raimi get away with it?
>>
>>88421018
It was a different time
>>
>>88420963
>>88421018
At least you prequel bashers admit to being from /tv/ every time.
>>
>>88421036
You have got to calm down, I enjoyed the prequels but you don't see me bashing people for having differing views.
>>
>>88420948
>>88420976
https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/708775067992207360

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/708777308262301696
>>
>>88421036
Do you see the posters' IPs?
Didn't think so.
>>
>>88420948
>proofs?

Is English not your first language?
>>
>>88421145
Newfag get out
>>
Following are spoilers from rogue one
>Vader at the end recking the rebels >the ghost ship and hera being a general >the war feel >the cinemography >the death star firing >tarkin >the intensity >the space battle over Scarif >that everything
Holy hell the movie was fucking good.
>>
>>88421071
Where are his sources?
>>
>>88421237
Internal, confidential data at Lucasfilm Ltd.
>>
File: you seem upset.jpg (59KB, 407x592px)
you seem upset.jpg
59KB, 407x592px
>>88418365
t. TFAfag
>>
File: Beru_Lars_001.jpg (19KB, 552x362px) Image search: [Google]
Beru_Lars_001.jpg
19KB, 552x362px
>>88421171
>Newfag get out

>Pointing out someone incorrectly pluralizing a word = newfag

WEW.
>>
>>88421251
>Internal, confidential data at Lucasfilm Ltd.
That isn't proof of anything, especially if it cannot be reviewed and confirmed by a third party.
>>
>>88421292
>That isn't proof of anything,

Yes it is.

>especially if it cannot be reviewed and confirmed by a third party.
expecting to have access to confidential data at a company you do not work at is silly.
>>
>>88421313
>Yes it is.
It's the same as me saying "This is true, because I say so" If you cannot confirm something that someone says, why should you believe them?
>>
>>88421313
>>88421251
what exactly is confidential about someone liking a movie or not?
>>
>>88421272
you're not fooling anyone, mate
>>
>>88421341
>It's the same as me saying "This is true, because I say so"

It is not, because you are not an employee at Lucasfilm who would have access to that information.

>If you cannot confirm something that someone says, why should you believe them?
Because they are a long-time, trustworthy employee at Lucasfilm who would have access to that information.

>>88421365
It's the data itself that is confidential. Saying what the data concludes is fine, but it's not really a good idea to just give out the specifics of market research data.
>>
>>88421420
>>88421420
>It is not, because you are not an employee at Lucasfilm who would have access to that information.
Yes I am
>>
>>88421449
>Yes I am
Prove it.
>>
>>88421464
That's confidential information. I've signed several NDA and am not allowed to talk about my work at Lucasfilms
>>
>>88421479
Well if you are then you could show just part of your employee ID. Or part of a pay stub. But you're full of shit.
>>
>>88421402

Neither are you.
>>
So are we done having a hissy fit over Rogue One's critical failure?
>>
>>88421554
Stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>88421592
>So are we done having a hissy fit over Rogue One's critical failure?

Not until everyone's seen the movie, I think.

Personally, I'm more interested about the movie now as opposed to before all the critic hate. Most critics loved TFA, and now most hate R1. So maybe this means Rogue One is actually a good movie.
>>
>>88421420
>Because they are a long-time, trustworthy employee at Lucasfilm who would have access to that information.
If you want something to be verified, and really want to believe it as a fact, you should be able to have it be repeatable or confirmed by parties that had no stake in the outcome. I have no reason to trust someone saying something like that they're an employee of a place without them showing some kind of proof that they are. Why should I believe a statement from a person without them showing some kind of proof that the statement is correct?

I'd be less inclined to believe a high ranking employee of a company that everything that company makes is great, they have a stake in me believing them or not, they're not unbiased. I'd want things like the movies blockbuster ticketsales, figures on how much merchandise they've sold, their DVD sales, internet search results, and extensive polling before making a decision on if I believe their statement or not.
>>
>>88421592
Rogue one is literally fucking good. It had no real major negative aspects to it.
>>
>>88421621
Don't see how I am. I'm not the one with shit grammar.
>>
>>88421524
>Well if you are then you could show just part of your employee ID. Or part of a pay stub.
No I cannot, those things are listed under the NDA.
>>
>>88421592
How is it a failure already when only a small number of people have seen it so far, compared to the millions that will be seeing it in the next week?
>>
>>88421638
I promise you it's good. It's a love letter to us fans. Also a certain rebels character got mentioned too.
>>
>>88421638
The critics who wrote negative reviews for RO pretty much said it's everything bad about TFA (i.e. soulless mimicry and nostalgia pandering) all over again

So I wouldn't get your hopes up
>>
>>88421675
That's not how an NDA works. You're an idiot. They legally cannot have your paystub be subject to an NDA and it is not part of the NDA to prevent someone from seeing your employee ID.
>>
>>88421670
Are you dumb or just pretending?
>>
File: 1449760604596.jpg (670KB, 1000x1131px)
1449760604596.jpg
670KB, 1000x1131px
>>88421172
I enjoyed it more than I thought.

Not perfect, but pretty solid.
>>
>>88421696
>>88421722
:^)
Only pretending
>>
Explain this.
>>
>>88421731
That pic is fucking awesome
>>
>>88421781
Ewan McGregor is 5'11'' and Liam Neeson is 6'1''
>>
>>88421797

I'm sorry for Ewan.
>>
>>88408877
Is the TFA novel cannon?
why or why not?
>>
File: obi wan vader.jpg (106KB, 660x281px)
obi wan vader.jpg
106KB, 660x281px
>>88421781
Obi-wan is a fucking manlet

Vader had to practically crouch while fighting him
>>
>>88421864
It's as canon as any other beta canon stuff
So canon until contradicted
>>
File: Thermotroopers.jpg (69KB, 970x546px)
Thermotroopers.jpg
69KB, 970x546px
How many weeks until the next Rebels?
>>
>>88421731
Fucking plebs.
We don't enjoy things here.
>>
File: 16 - 1.jpg (18KB, 426x238px)
16 - 1.jpg
18KB, 426x238px
>>88421985
January the 7th
>>
>>88421985
At least 6 more Saturdays without episodes. No date is set yet, but last season it came back around the end of January.
>>
>>88421954
And thus a new EU is spawned.
>>
>>88412260

Easier for him to go to Rovio in Finland to do a few lines than to fly out to America all the time. Ewan MacGregor at least splits his time between Hollywood and the UK, but mcdirmiad is in his 70s and has obligations in Edinburgh almost all the time.
>>
>>88422040
Movie novelizations are on the same level of canon as Battlefront: most of it is canon, except where the rest of canon contradicts it.
>>
>>88421172

Sounds fun! I'm more hyped for this than I was for TFA.

I don't mind the whole 'dark' tone either, that was to be expected anyway.

I'll go see it when the initial rush dies down.
>>
>>88422125
isn't the point of the Story Group to make sure everything is canon now? That there are no more "levels"?
>>
>>88419768

potential for lewds/10
>>
>>88412260
>McDiarmid actually is willing to play the role again

Then why the fuck is Witwer playing him in rebels, for christ's sake. His impression isn't terrible, but he's nowhere near as good as the real thing.
>>
>>88421646
>It had no real major negative aspects to it.
I liked it too but this is very wrong.
>>
>>88422172
You can't have a game like Battlefront and have it be 100% canon when people want to slaughter rebels as Vader in places where he didn't do that.

Everything in the TFA novelization was from the script as it was before it started being trimmed for time in the movie.
>>
>>88422125
>>88422172
There are no levels of canon.

It's either canon, or it isn't.

Battlefront has elements that are canon, and elements that aren't.

>>88421864
It is unless it is contradicted by something else.
>>
File: vader.webm (881KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
vader.webm
881KB, 480x480px
swish
>>
>>88422349
Damn that looks fucking awesome
>>
File: new-pic-foldre-266.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
new-pic-foldre-266.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>88419982
That all sounds like a personal, subjective problem you have than anything actually wrong with the movie itself. It just says you'd do things differently in an attempt to make things more predictable for the sake of "consistency".

If anything, it's Obi-Wan's story that was poorly executed. His story gives precedence to Darth Vader while Anakin took a backseat as a literally who, despite Obi-Wan's telling Luke that Anakin was perhaps the best thing since sliced bread. His confession in RotJ makes even less sense then, because there'd been no indication that Obi-Wan had trained Anakin, and that he'd only been a powerful Jedi and goos friend. Obi-Wan's story as is implies that he'd been caretaker of the ultimate evil the whole time as opposed to the ultimate evil being something that incrementally imposed itself upon him.

He should have told the truth of the matter, that Anakin was his pupil and not Darth Vader. That Darth Vader gradually came along, still as a separate character. That Obi-Wan, after Anakin, took on Vader as a pupil, to Anakin's gradual suspicion. Eventually, Vader indeed gets to the point where is seduced by the Dark Side of the Force, then betrays and murders Anakin, and helps the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights. This would have made for a much more coherent "certain point of view".

It's not Empire that has a problem, it's ANH.
>>
File: Sovereign.jpg (63KB, 625x419px) Image search: [Google]
Sovereign.jpg
63KB, 625x419px
What do you think the rebels are going to find on Geonosis
>>
>>88422379
nothing that will impact the real stories in the series.
>>
>>88422376
>It's not Empire that has a problem, it's ANH.
I mean, that depends greatly on your point of view.
>>
>>88422379
a gun
>>
>>88422349
Yeah I'm not looking at that.

I have a rule for myself, text spoilers I don't care about, but visual, that's where I draw the line.
>>
>>88422425
It's vader walking down the hall of what looks like a blockade runner, killing rebel guys while other rebel guys yell at still another rebel guy on the otherside of a door.

so it's Vader killing meaningless mooks.
>>
>>88422233
Canon will develop layers as the new canon expands

You just can't keep everything in line when it gets big enough

You're going to run out of "empty" spaces to put canon stuff that doesn't contradict other stuff.

It's just how it works. As secondary canon expands, primary canon will necessarily need to step on it from time to time
Like how TFA destroyed the old EU
>>
>>88421781
Obi-Wan never had the best luck as Master or Apprentice
>>
File: 2156546546.png (506KB, 592x834px) Image search: [Google]
2156546546.png
506KB, 592x834px
>>88422349
Made me watch for one second.
Nice try.
>>
>>88422494
>Like how TFA destroyed the old EU
but the EU was never canon anyway.
>>
File: 4498417-8699235738-43740.jpg (144KB, 1155x768px) Image search: [Google]
4498417-8699235738-43740.jpg
144KB, 1155x768px
>>88422495
Forgot pic
>>
>>88419982
I thought that force planets like dagobah, mortis or korriban/moraband were supposed to have their own flow of time separated from the rest.
>>
>>88422524
They just do whatever the fuck they want, they're basically just an excuse for lazy editing or story telling.
>>
>>88422349

It's perfect. I don't care how bad the rest of the film might be, they nailed Vader and that is worth seeing.
>>
>>88422494
>Canon will develop layers as the new canon expands
Nope.

>You just can't keep everything in line when it gets big enough
Yes you can. That's why the Lucasfilm Story Group was created.

>You're going to run out of "empty" spaces to put canon stuff that doesn't contradict other stuff.
No you're not.

>It's just how it works. As secondary canon expands, primary canon will necessarily need to step on it from time to time

No, because there's no such thing as primary or secondary canon. There's canon and there's non-canon.

>Like how TFA destroyed the old EU
The old EU was never truly canon in the first place, and by the time TFA was released had already been officially declared non-canon by Lucasfilm Ltd.
>>
>>88422494
As long as the story group exists there won't be "canon layers".
>>
>>88422510
Sure it was
From a certain point of view
>>
>>88422562
yeah, the one that wasn't Lucas'
>>
>>88422403
>>
>>88420835
I kinda hope its like this desu
>>
>>88418375
Someone got the stupid idea in their head that Yoda should look a little younger even though it was only like a 30 year gap of time between TPM and ESB and that's why he looks like a green Cousin Skeeter.

They realized they screwed up and the CG models in the next two films were based on painstaking studies of the original puppet.
>>
>>88422629
Yoda is CG in the canon version of TPM.
>>
>>88422589
Anon, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to are subject to change by the Disney corporation.
>>
>>88422466
Yeah, I figured it was the Vader spree. I read that it was leaked before.
>>
>>88422550
>>88422551
As well intentioned as the LSG, it's just impossible to keep a multi-authored expanding world totally inline with each other.

The LSG just can't predict what the plot of a movie in 10+ years will be
The LSG oks use of a character for some shit book.
Let's say Salacious Crumb.

But in 15 years, a Salacious Crumb movie is made.
An old book is not going to stop that movie from being made.

Movies are just too big not to have the final say

That was true in the old EU too.
And it's going to the same here
>>
>>88422349
here it is in video form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgK7LUaHUlY
>>
>>88422647
That kinda follows the whole "They realized they screwed up" thing.
>>
>>88422736
don't backtalk me boy ya hear
>>
>>88422707
>As well intentioned as the LSG, it's just impossible to keep a multi-authored expanding world totally inline with each other.
Yes it is. There's something called communication.

>The LSG just can't predict what the plot of a movie in 10+ years will be
They don't need to.

>An old book is not going to stop that movie from being made.
No, but that movie will work around what was previously established.

>Movies are just too big not to have the final say
They won't. Hell, they're not even getting all of the big stories.

>That was true in the old EU too.
>And it's going to the same here
As I said, the old EU was never truly canon, so it doesn't matter. It won't stay the same here because there is a group in charge of canon now that creates a line of communication between different mediums.
>>
>>88422707
>An old book is not going to stop that movie from being made.
Thats literally where you're wrong. Nothing is getting made without the greenlight from the story group. Thats the whole point. If they wanted to make a fucking Salacious Crumb movie, it would still get made, but the story would be made sure to fit with the events of that 15 year old book.
>>
>>88422673
>>
>>88422707
I think you're confused about the order in which things go by the story group. (Thing) isnt made and then passed by the LSG to see if it fits in canon, the LSG makes sure the entire project fits into canon from the start, movies included.
>>
>>88422379
They will find the Queen that dies in the Darth Vader comics
>>
>>88422647
They probably should have redubbed him in TPM, too. They went in thinking he should still sound as he does in Empire. Then over the course of the next two films he sounds much less ricketty and more in control of his presentation.
>>
>>88412798
>>88412816

Weird choice fusing the Dark and Purge troopers into a single entity.
>>
>>88422877
I dunno, I like that he sounds different when Anakin first meets him.
It makes you feel more like Anakin when in the next movies he sounds less exotic because Anakin has known him and demystified him.

Accidental pottery I think.
>>
File: Vader.jpg (129KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
Vader.jpg
129KB, 533x800px
>>88422718

I like it. The choking seems kinda pointless, but still pretty fucking cool.
>>
File: 1475823237758.png (94KB, 457x347px)
1475823237758.png
94KB, 457x347px
>>88422349
I want to look at the webm so bad, but I want to be surprised by this scene in the theater as well

so conflicted
>>
Just came back from R1.

Those Peter Cushing scenes were so surreal. Good, imho, but I kept thinking (this is a dead man).

Btw, Death Star keeps Death Starring. I could watch those explosions for hours and apparently, so could Edwards, given he keeps the scenes going.
>>
>>88421592
>Rogue One's critical failure

You sound like a shit who never likes anything, ever. The movie was awesome.
>>
The film is dark. It's like the parts of ESB with the soldiers, but we get to follow them instead of just seeing them as fodder who dies at the hands of Imperial might or something.
>>
>>88423080
Did Tarkin speak at all? How was he? And what was his position in relation to Krennic at this point? We know Tarkin was given control of the Death Star after Krennic overstepped his bounds one too many times in Catalyst, but what is his exact position? Is he in charge of the superlaser's completion while Tarkin oversees the project in its entirety?
>>
Another leaked Vader scene:
http://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/15585928_1278411455573830_6043779667129794560_n.mp4

How Rogue One opens:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOAMDAkgvQW/
>>
>>88423245
Yes, it was so freaky. He even has a little story arc in the film.
>>
>>88423245
>>88423505
Once the Empire finds out the rebels got some info leaks, they all blame Krennic, he's shunned after the first firing and Tarkin just pisses him off and tells him he's in charge now. Krennic then goes crying to Vader in his lava-castle and he gets zero support there. He wants Vader to talk to the Emperor and tell him he did a good job, but Vader just shit-talks him for interrupting his Bacta-bath and gives him a little choke. And, no, Vader DOES NOT kill Krennic. That rumor was bunk.
>>
>>88421172
Does Hera actually show up?
>>
>>88423579

Oh damn, that's pathetic. I kinda feel bad for Krennic.
>>
>>88423579

Considering what we saw him do to some rebels, I'm kinda okay with this. It's an acceptable trade off considering he supposedly wasn't going to have any action scenes.
>>
>>88423699
She's only mentioned over the intercom at Yavin. The Ghost is there and it later shows up in the battle over Scarif.
>>
>>88423505
Shit sounds spooky. Is it actually Cushing's voice or Stanton's voice doubling? How do they get away with it? I'm looking to see it after work tomorrow.
>>
Fuck those people saying those of us who liked the movie and talk about it are shills? I mean seriously? Can you imagine talking about a star wars movie that has just released? Getting really tired of the shill term being thrown around.

Also, this movie kinda spoiled rebels in a big way in a sense.
>>
>>88423711
He has some shootout scenes and his death is hilariously ironic.

>>88423710
It's more that he doesn't want to end up dead because the Empire considers him expendable now that the station is finished. His test firing at Jedha is also changed to a "mining accident", denying him even a shred of public recognition. He takes it out on the DS engineers later on, though.
>>
>>88423818
It's some voice actor. But tarkin's scenes are done really quite well. He was just as menacing as he has always been.
>>
>>88423818 I have no idea what they did, it was so creepy. Very convincing, I just stared at all the details that may or may not have been part of the original actor's past performance.
>>
So how long after rouge one is a new hope set? We know it's Leia's ship, the tantive IV. But i would assume they did indeed escape with the plans, and some hours or days later they were caught.
>>
>>88423882
Same thing happened with Leia at the end.
>>
>>88423579
>Vader just shit-talks him for interrupting his Bacta-bath and gives him a little choke.

Does Vader still have his apparatus? How's James Earl Jones's delivery?
>>
Did Poe Dameron come out today?
>>
>>88423842
>>88423882
Did he sound like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF0R1l_5fK4

If so it was probably Stanton
>>
>>88423910
Yes, pretty good. He also have a phun he delivers to the director, it was a pretty good scene.
>>
>>88423886
It leads directly into ANH. Like you could put it on afterwards, it'd be like part 2 of a set. Barring flashbacks and dreams, the film itself takes place in a manner of days before.
>>
>>88423928
>He also have a phun he delivers to the director
wut
>>
>>88423926
I'm not sure actually. They do seem sort of similar.

>>88423944
I'll let you see the movie and hear it for yourself.
>>
>>88423940
I just watched the movie so i am aware of that. Still, vader's dialogue in a new hope indicates it is not set very straight after. As he wants them all alive.
>>
>>88423910
I liked the delivery.

Vader is literally introduced as a fleshy thing looking out of a smoky bacta tank.
He's interrupted by his butler/manservant, some old man in a robe and hood announcing Krennic's arrival. It's weird seeing that old concept of Vader's lava castle come to life.
>>
>>88423944
It was really funny and really fitting for Vader. No more angst, just shit-talking.
>>
>>88423988
>Vader is literally introduced as a fleshy thing looking out of a smoky bacta tank.

Nothing like fucking up the whole screen persona of the most recognizable and beloved villain in cinema!
>>
>>88423988
It's actually on Mustafar as well.

Rebels/Rouge one spoilers
So this movie seem to indicate Hera and her ship at the very least survives. Do wonder if the rest of the crew did however. As she makes it to a General.
>>
>>88424027
Um, wait till you see it before dissing it. It's like his intro in ESB, just more murky with the smoke and all.
I loved the scene. In fact, every Vader scene is almost a little horror-like.
>>
>>88424027
How? That's literally all he is sans his armor. RotJ and RotS confirm this. The armor is his persona, his presence. Without it, he is quite visibly pathetic - though as you should very well know by now, appearances in Star Wars are all too often incredibly deceiving.
>>
>>88424037
Vader would never go back there if could help it
>>88424027
Fuck off /tv/ faggot
>>
>>88424087
unless one of my friends wants to go see it, I'm probably not going to.

There's really just nothing about this movie that interests me.

Combine that with the reviews of "It's just another generic live action disney movie" and I see no reason to go to it.
>>
>>88424087
In fact, it's structured to show him as a superior being even with his suit off. He towers above his servant even in the tank. Plus, he has two red guards, seen in the trailer. It's more dignified.
>>
>>88424175
Pablo Hidalgo confirmed it's mustafar. Why exactly he'd go back to the place where it all truly began i don't know.
>>
>>88424214

Sheev probably did it on purpose to fuck with him.
>>
>>88424214
>Why exactly he'd go back to the place where it all truly began i don't know.
because reference

I liked this movie, but boy was it heavy on the callbacks. Mostly to ANH.
>>
It's very annoying being in star wars threads on /tv/
>>
>>88424037
>So this movie seem to indicate Hera and her ship at the very least survives.

Well, given that Rebels still has 3 1/2 seasons to go, It's kinda a no brainer.

>Do wonder if the rest of the crew did however.

Zeb has a chance to die now that we know his isn't even close to being the last of his species. Kanan's got a good chance given that he's a Jedi Knight and several characters in the OT allude to the Jedi being all gone. Ezra's probably going to live since there is a good chance he may not even make it to being knighted and will go an operate like Ahsoka. Sabine probably wont given that she's a girl. And in recent developments, may at some point go and rouse Mandalore to defy the Empire.
>>
File: 1461344395958.jpg (222KB, 495x640px) Image search: [Google]
1461344395958.jpg
222KB, 495x640px
>>88424175
>Vader would never go back there if could help it

Of course he would, remember, Anakin 'died' there and Vader was born. After his little outburst about finding out Padme is dead, Ani recdes somewhere deep inside a black-hearted monster for over twenty years and is only grudgingly brought from from TESB to ROTJ. Especially in the Disney canon. He wouldn't give a shit about Mustafar. Hell, he has more reason to never approach Tatooine again, yet he already has in the new canon.

Image certainly not related with the new Vader.
>>
Rogue One questions

I've heard the entire cast die. Which is good. What about Jyn? Is Vader involved in that or does he just kill faceless mooks
>>
>>88424253
Honestly, they are less toxic than here as of late.

We have a few completely autismal lunatics who hate SW but continually ruin these threads.
>>
>>88424264
He only went back caused Sidious told him too both on to deal with Empire business and to fuck with him.
>>
>>88424265
She and the other rebel male guy get's killed by the deathstar's laser.
Do really wish you anons stay away from star wars threads until you see the movie so you don't get spoiled things.
>>
File: 74547.png (2MB, 1354x752px) Image search: [Google]
74547.png
2MB, 1354x752px
>>88424214
Mustafar is something he must overcome? A personal trial? Besides, it's been a concept since forever.
>>
>>88424313
>>88424265
She and the other rebel male guy get's killed by the deathstar's laser.
>>
>>88424265
Tarkin orders to destroy Scarif base with a low-power Death Star blast. She dies with Cassian, waiting for the shockwave to obliterate them. That's how Krennick dies as well
>>
>>88424313

I dont really care about spoilers. They rarely if ever affect my enjoyment of something. Unless its some kind of big twist. We know where this movies generally heading so I'm not too fussed.
>>
>>88424265
Spoiler for your question: They all die, every single one of them. Krennic included. Vader kills a ton of mooks afterwards, trying to get to the plans.
>>
>>88424316
Damn, I bet George was happy seeing his idea on the big screen.
>>
Yah im glad i watched this movie completely not knowing anything. It makes it less fun when you know exactly what happens.

>>88424356
sure enough, fine i guess.
>>
>>88424339
So do they actually die on screen? Or does it cut away? There's every chance she lives if that's the case
>>
>>88424316
I wonder if Vader's castle is where the Inkies were trained.
>>
>>88423921
Yes.
>>
>>88424362
Hopefully, because it looked beautiful. Lavafall through the palace grounds included.
>>
>>88424397
I'ts nice to know what Disney is admitting he's a fag.
>>
>>88424383
It hits them in the end. They're literally engulfed in the fire/light/tsunami.
>>
>>88424383
They disappear in a huge fireball, no way they could survive it
>>
File: 0qug3Nb.jpg (254KB, 1024x1019px)
0qug3Nb.jpg
254KB, 1024x1019px
>>88424264
>Of course he would, remember, Anakin 'died' there

As far as he knows, so did Padme.
>>
>>88424383
Don't worry anon, even if she is literally killed on screen they can just bring her back by saying she was really mad.
>>
>>88424387
I loved the fact he has a spooky robed old butler. In before people think he's Snoke...
>>
File: 1481315688867.jpg (37KB, 350x350px)
1481315688867.jpg
37KB, 350x350px
>>88424387

Probably. Vader did train them.

I'm not exactly sure how to feel about Vader actually having a residence. I always figured he was always on the job and pretty much lived on the move, always going where he needed to be, from the next mission to the next.
>>
>>88424534
Your Evil Wizard needs to have a castle anon.

I just assumed that his castle was his flagship.
>>
>tfw we never got to see Vaders Castle in Vader
>>
>>88424577
That's because he didn't have one then.
>>
I have to say i am a bit surprised over things George wanted on the big screen, and prequel characters with the same actors being used in rouge one. Perhaps they don't hate Lucas that much after all. No wonder he liked rouge one
>>
>>88424621
Unless it got destroyed in R1 or after ANH why wouldn't we?
>>
File: 1470997701596.jpg (21KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1470997701596.jpg
21KB, 500x333px
>>88424559
>Your Evil Wizard needs to have a castle anon.
I never really saw Vader as a wizard. Maybe magical black knight, but not wizard.

>I just assumed that his castle was his flagship.
That's much closer to what I would've assumed as well.
>>
>>88424651
Because no one told them, so it wasn't in the plot.
>>
>>88417983
Second test is the full-power weapons test. Technically, Tarkin didn't fib when he said Alderaan had the distinction of being the first planet to be destroyed outright by the Death Star while 'testing this station's awesome power'.
>>
You know in episode 4 when the Officers sit around the table discussing, and there are two empty chairs, did one of them belong to Thrawn?

>>88424679
Not a leaked image, that is now how he looked in the movie
>>
>>88424679
'no'
>>
>>88423988
Who plays Vader when he's in the bacta bath? is it hayden, another actor, or just a ragdoll with JEJ's voice?
>>
>>88424671
Anon, he's literally calls his "ways" that or a sorcerer.
>>
>>88424732
Probably CGI.
It looked shiny like CGI.
>>
>>88424738
But that guy was a dumbass.
>>
File: na8rsx26co1y.jpg (181KB, 1079x578px)
na8rsx26co1y.jpg
181KB, 1079x578px
>>88424732
I'm guessing maybe a ragdoll with CGI assistance and someone voicing

haven't seen it so don't know for sure
>>
>>88424807
Your image is exactly how it looked like in the movie, with effects etc of course.
>>
>>88424732
You dont get to see a clear view of him, it could be a puppet
>>
>>88424679
Fake. I don't remember him looking like his jaw was jutting out like that.
>>
>>88424823
Plus the movie obscures him, so it's like a "thing" inside the tank. It's literally the opposite effect of what >>88424027 thinks. He looks like a creepy humanoid with no legs and arms and has a breathing tube. You only hear JEJ's voice in this and the other scenes.
I thought it was cool, unexpected and the whole thing with Vader having a castle and servants is pretty cool. It's so nice to hear someone say "My Lord" and actually be Vader's servant in his own private domain.
>>
Loved seeing an Imperial Juggernaut tank being used as a prison transport.
>>
>>88425119
>Imperial Juggernaut tank
You mean a clone turbo tank.
>>
>>88424037
Cham must be proud if Hera made it to General. He's probably dead by R1, though. Captain Sato is probably dead too, since Hera is above his current rank by the time of R1
>>
File: DeclanMulhollandJabba.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DeclanMulhollandJabba.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>88418440
>>88418450
>>88418522
>>88418568

Declan Mulholland
>>
>>88423828
That's what a shill would say you beta numale cuck faggot, defending a fucking Mary Sue piece of shit liberal arts piece if diversity propagafanda filled with human shit doing violence against a straw man government calculated to make urbanites rise up against the first good president wpAnerica has had since cyborg Adolf Hitler you treasonous piece of of pusillanimous SJW cuck scum BLARGLAG.

Also, really going to try squeezing in seeing this movie this weekend, I'm stoked. Good on everyone who's seen it.
>>
>>88425325
it just looks worse and worse as time goes on
>>
>>88425355
2004 looks way better than 1997 JJ.
>>
>>88418791

My thoughts

I love the thing

It'll always be Juggernaut to me, though
>>
File: kk7ySPp.jpg (986KB, 4275x2405px)
kk7ySPp.jpg
986KB, 4275x2405px
Leaked Visual Dictionary page shows Coruscant
>>
>>88425467
I was in the bathroom for like 5 minutes.
Was this scene in the movie?
>>
>>88425502
Part of a dream sequence/flashback.

No skylanes visible made me mad.
>>
>>88425441
It still is! Even shows up with that name in Twilight Company.
>>
File: 1456906134320.jpg (208KB, 590x638px)
1456906134320.jpg
208KB, 590x638px
>>88425319

>tfw General Syndula is actually Cham, Hera dead by the time of Rogue One.
>>
>>88425685
wew
Glad I missed it, that would have triggered me.
>>
>>88421781
>>88421797
>>88421835
>>88421906

>Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm?
>And well you should not.
>For my ally is the Force, and a powerfull ally it >is
>>
>>88425822
>>Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm?
>>And well you should not.
Was George working out his issues with Marcia thinking his dick was too big__?
>>
File: 1480312024201.jpg (809KB, 1022x1019px)
1480312024201.jpg
809KB, 1022x1019px
The Rule 34 of Jyn is either going to be hilarious or none existent. It's a pretty fucking grim movie in the end, and I can't imagine many tumblerinas are going to be doing much, and the character seems to have had fuckall chance to have any normal relationships in her life.

Time will tell I guess.
>>
My friend didn't like rogue one and said that the first one was better (referring to TFA).

Also did Bail confirm pic?
>>
>>88425913
>My friend didn't like rogue one and said that the first one was better (referring to TFA).
my advice is a mercy kill
>>
>>88424534

I don't mind his castle

I liked it in the old EU, and I still like it

A dude needs his own space to have time alone
>>
>>88426000
It also helps that a Lord has a castle, at least.
>>
>>88424677

So:

First: city gets destroyed?
Second: planet gets devastated but still there?
Third: it's gone
>>
>>88426043

A manor on land is much better than having a ship you call home too.
>>
>>88426044
I think both shots were specified as having one-reactor-full only, so something. The second was to stop the Rebels from getting the plans by destroying the facility on Scarif.
>>
>>88426075
Yup. I wonder if the Emperor installed that lavafall right in the middle as a joke.
>>
>>88417983
>>88424677
>>88426044
>>88426104
"I think it is time we demonstrated the full power of this station. Set your course for Alderaan."
>>
>>88425467
Young Krennic is...
>>
>>88426222
A fuccboi
>>
Is it actually possible for this film to be more than a mediocre success when word of mouth starts to spread?

It's a 'family friendly' franchise, and this entry with no Luke, Han, Rey or Kylo, and only a cool cameo by Vader and Tarkin, is basically a depressing 'serious war film'.

The public think they are going to see an upbeat space adventure where the heroes triumph against the bad guys. Now technically they do, but in a very Saving Private Ryan sense. This is more Battlestar Galactica 2000 in tone than it is Flash Gordon.

Parents will be taking their kids to this, expecting The Force Awakens style family fun, and will have to explain why everyone is dead and the man in black killed all the scared men.

I personally think it's fucking glorious, but I'm not sure the normies will.

If they are willing to do this, we might get dark sider Rey after all.
>>
>>88426314
This is partly why ESB was disliked for almost 15 years. People were expecting a light hearted movie but got something depressing and dark.
>>
File: are you well.jpg (51KB, 600x604px)
are you well.jpg
51KB, 600x604px
>>88425355
No, it doesn't.
I got nightmares after seeing 1997 one in a video tape trailer.
And this was after I watched the 2004 edition.
>>
>>88426361
I never expected R1 to be good on its own. I want to see it just so I can watch ANH the next day. Its more like a support film for the OT than a real standalone. Problem is average moviegoers don't want a goddamn support movie, they want a good movie they can understand
>>
>>88426314
>the man in black killed all the scared men.
Oh boy yeah, I just realized how intense that would be for little kids.

I still think the darkest scene in SW is Anakin burning alive though.

>>88426361
That and the very questionable editing.
>>
Can someone spoil me all the characters' deaths?
Name-Cause of defunction.
>>
>>88426467
Everyone Ever- old age.

:^)
>>
Final verdict-
TFA or Rogue One?

pro tip: it's Rogue One
>>
>>88426462
That one rebel trying to open jammed doors, that was pretty intense
>>
>>88426478
Cardiac arrest
>>
>>88426523
But what happens exactly?
Vader just drops there and kills everyone?
>>
To those that saw the movie and read Catalyst, how does the movie fit with the book?
>>
>>88426527
>tfw 5'1 masterrace
I'm gonna live forever.
>>
How's Saw? Did they waste Forest?
>>
>>88426580
Vader is trying to get to Tantive IV, he goes through rebels guarding it like a tank or Terminator. The only source of light in the corridor is his saber, he's deflecting blasters, choking rebel soldiers and throwing them to the ceiling, slashing until he reaches the door. Rebels are trying to escape, but the door gets jammed so they basically wait to be killed
>>
>>88426719
Oh he got wasted alright.
>>
>>88426719
He's creepy as a crazed extremist Rebel. Him on Jedha reminded me a bit of Dune's Baron Harkonnen with the life-support suit he wore and using a oxygen mask at times. The opening theme to Jedha also reminded me of Dune game OSTs.
>>
>>88426600
Really well.
>>
>>88426462
>I just realized how intense that would be for little kids

When I heard they were in a dark corridor, I figured "oh, yeah, they can't have something that graphic in a film they are bringing kids to."

It never occured to me that by dark they just meant fucking opressive and imposing as fuck, making the scene even scarier with the red glow of his lightsaber, while a terrified man is pinned to the roof and cut in half, and his allies slaughtered. I mean, shit, even Lucas cut away from scenes like that, or had to done to people in full helmets or aliens.

There are going to be kids waking up screaming for fucking months after this, and have this is their formative memory of Darth Vader. Lucky little brats. All I got was him killing Obi-Wan and cutting Luke's hand off. I doubt the parents will be impressed though.
>>
>>88426467
Lyra - shot by one of Krennic's Deathtroopers in a flashback.

Saw - willingly dies in the Jedha blast. His troops possibly escape on their fighters and transports.

Galen - blown up by accident by one of the Rebel Y-wings during a bombing run on Eadu. Dies in Jyn's arms.

K2 - shot by Stormtroopers while blocking the way to the archives on Scarif.

Bodhi - blown up by grenade inside the escape shuttle after getting communications up so they can contact the fleet.

Chirrut - blown up by a grenade after hitting a switch to turn on communications. Dies in Baze's arms.

Baze - blown up after tearing through Deathtroopers with his gun, incapacitated so he can't escape an armed grenade.

Krennic - Shot by the Death Star. Literally.

Jyn and Cassian - get hit by shockwave from DS blast on Scarif.
>>
>>88427184
>Lucky little brats. All I got was him killing Obi-Wan and cutting Luke's hand off.
Luckily I had Anakin burning alive to scar me as a 7 year old.

Still though, this movie was pretty tense sometimes.
>>
>>88426503
Still TFA. I loved The villain of TFA
>>
>>88427495
>>
>>88427515
>>88427515
>>88427515
Thread posts: 530
Thread images: 83

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.