[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people here hate him so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1871.jpg (40KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1871.jpg
40KB, 512x288px
Why do so many people here hate him so much?
>>
It's pretty simple, Bendis became the top in his field. That level of success inevitably invites that sort of reaction.
>>
>>88391344
Is that Bendis? If it is, it's because he's got a finger in every pie and he can't leave well enough alone:

>shits on established cannon
>makes stupid decisions to vindicate himself
>self inserts
>mary sues the fuck out of his favorite characters
>tries to appropriate other heroes for minorites who don't give a shit
>likes to piss off fans
>will take good things writers esablish and ruin it to suit his own needs

The list goes on, really he's only as powerful as he is now because he stayed in the sinking ship that was Marvel fully intending to either save it or go down with it, most likely the former because he's an arrogant prick. Then Disney saved the company, and because of his devotion he was rewarded with too much power.
>>
>>88391344
Because he looks like a thumb with a face.

Or a scrotum with only one testicle.

Or an elbow with a really bad infection.

Or a fat kid with progeria.

Or a man wearing a cheap rubber Bendis mask.
>>
He thinks hes black and wants to make marvel into south africa
>>
>>88391344
They let Bendis go on a talk show? I'm imagining the entire interview in Bendis speak.
>>
>>88391344

What's wrong with him? He has some kind of disease, right? Is he the one with cancer?
>>
>>88391344
I don't hate him, but the reason I dislike him is due to him taking an established character, and doing whatever the hell he feels like with them, mostly ruining them for everyone else. He also completely disregards continuity because it he feels like disregarding it if it means he gets to tell a better story.... but that only happens once every few years.
>>
>>88391462
Seth Meyers is constantly desperate for guests
>>
File: 1.gif (706KB, 500x212px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
706KB, 500x212px
>>88391462
>good morning
>morning?
>>
File: BENDIS!.jpg (253KB, 695x639px) Image search: [Google]
BENDIS!.jpg
253KB, 695x639px
>>88391344
"Continuity is just a way of trapping the best writers within the ideas of the worst" - Big Bantz Benis
That covers at least two reasons.

To be perfectly honest it's a little overblown, he will come up with interesting ideas sometimes but his (deserved) reputation is such that people assume he's stupid, overlook all subtext and misinterpret them as further examples of why he's shit.
People also really hate the way he writes dialogue. There's a whole meme about it. I'm not bothered by it personally ('specially since noticing how often Bendisspeak really does happen IRL).
>>
>>88391522
The sun has risen?
>>
>>88391522
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v68S1duV66M
>>
>>88391344
He became a terrible writer. He's coasting on past successes, which have put him in a position of control he's not suited to, where people have to accept his retarded ideas and figure out he best ways to implement them so as to not be COMPLETELY idiotic.

He no longer writes good stuff and his presence is a drain on Marvel's creative team. He shit.
>>
>>88391547
>>88391532
See why don't more writers just say "fuck you here's my continuity BEndis your even doesn't matter in my book" oh that's right, because he won't let those books go through.
>>
>>88391536
>Miles isn't gay
ok guy
>>
>>88391533
The darkness has gone?
>>
>>88391344
Because he has an uncanny knack for taking exactly what people loved about established franchises and writing them in a way that those people would hate.
>>
>>88391344
he is marvel's Johns
he wrote something good years ago and hasn't done anything good since
>>
>>88391580
It's morning.
Coffee is brewing.
Bendis?
The comci book writer?
Tell us about yourself.
>>
>>88391571
He's not gay, because he's Bendis' precious little snowflake. However his THICC Mexican aunt wants to fuck him.
>>
>>88391532
>"Continuity is just a way of trapping the best writers within the ideas of the worst" - Big Bantz Benis
Well, he's right.
For example, writers like Ewing have to write around and incorporate Bendis's bullshit constantly.
>>
>>88391910
People do that? You invite them to come to your show to tell you about themselves?
>>
>>88391907
>What was Rebirth?
You are wrong, very wrong.
>>
>>88391344
Everybody hates Lex Luthor.
>>
>>88391344
used to be good then got complacent then started believing his own hype and stopped putting any effort in then didnt have many good ideas for like six years running but the company still pushes his work
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.