[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there so many furry movies now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

Is it because Disney showed you can make literally a billion off of 'em?
>>
The furry mafia gained control of all the animation studios some years ago, and now they're in the final stages of their plan to create a new generation of their kind.
>>
>>88389873
The same reason there were so many "furry" cartoons back in the golden age? Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse, etc.
>>
>>88389873
>now
>implying talking animals in animation haven't always been a thing
>>
>>88389873

anthropomorphic =/= furry

Now fuck off.
>>
Assuming this is Chinese, if you look at something like this or Rock Dog and stack it up next to any of the big Western players, it just doesn't hold up. It looks fine. Competent. But that's because they've deliberately chosen to work with simple cartoonish animal characters. Their animation tech is basically ten years out of date minimum and they know if they did people they'd look ugly as fuck.
>>
File: 4897148163235654.jpg (38KB, 499x375px) Image search: [Google]
4897148163235654.jpg
38KB, 499x375px
>>88389873
>now

Did you not exist within the last 30 years, OP?
>>
Dude so many of the earliest and so many old cartoons have had animal characters. An animal in real life obviously doesnt have the traits that distinguish humans as unique so when we apply them onto an animal we're given one of the simplest forms of fiction. A wolf with a suit and tie is funny no matter how you imagine it.
>>
File: 23132354_p0.jpg (310KB, 700x875px) Image search: [Google]
23132354_p0.jpg
310KB, 700x875px
>Now

>Steamboat Willie is a 1928 American animated short film directed by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks. It was produced in black-and-white by Walt Disney Studios and was released by Celebrity Productions. The cartoon is considered the debut of Mickey Mouse and his girlfriend Minnie, although both the characters appeared several months earlier in a test screening of Plane Crazy.

I feel like there might be something earlier, but for the life of me I can't recall any names.
>>
File: Down_the_Rabbit_Hole.png (113KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Down_the_Rabbit_Hole.png
113KB, 800x1200px
>>88391734
>Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (1865)

WE BEEN DOIN' THIS SHIT FOR A WHILE, DUDE.
>>
File: Katz.jpg (18KB, 360x581px) Image search: [Google]
Katz.jpg
18KB, 360x581px
>>88389873
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY2KnW19Tls
>>
>>88389873

>disney movie made a billion
why is he surprised? it's amoney making machine.
>>
>>88389873
Why must we continue this stereotype that cats are evil?
>>
>>88391746
Furries have existed since the caves
>>
>>88389873
because they print money
>>
>>88389873
>it's a "10 year old with brain damage who grew up on 4chan memes thinks that everything antropomorphic is furry and is made by secret furry mafia to brainwash kids into wanting to fuck animals, and doesn't know that antropomorphic animals have been a staple of fiction from before internet, animation or film have existed" episode
This show has really jumped the shark
>>
>>88389873
Because times are good.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.