[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly separates the old seasons of Spongebob from the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: spongebob-squarepants-logo.jpg (85KB, 527x286px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob-squarepants-logo.jpg
85KB, 527x286px
What exactly separates the old seasons of Spongebob from the new ones? Is it just nostalgia?
>>
>>88383016
>drawn out jokes
>overuse of gross out
>pushing of spongebob being an annoying, clingy faggot and not simply a naive idiot
>patrick has moved towards "naive retard" to "idiot with asshole tendencies"
>>
They had very simple plots (slice of life done wrong) jammed pack with memorable and quotable jokes. Post movie focus more on the story with not many jokes
>>
>>88383109
The story is often not that good as well. For example, the ep where they are in the amusement park had various places where it could have been funny but it was so basic and plain.

My sibling and I actually predicted a joke from that years ago and we barely in middle yet iirc
>>
The older episodes had more faith in the audience. It believed that it could exist on multiple levels of humor, from 4 year old to 40 year old. It made it feel so much more genuine, almost as if the fact that you couldn't necessarily identify with or understand everything that the goofy sponge man was doing or saying made him less like some silly animation and more like your uncle. Nowadays, he's a ball of silly putty and a laugh track for exactly whichever demographic watches the show the most.
>>
It's definitely not nostalgia. The comedic pacing in the old episodes were god tier. Anybody got any word on season 10 with Hillenburg coming back. I still have hope he can fix this mess. I see an episode premiered was it any good?
>>
File: I don't know what the fuck.png (394KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
I don't know what the fuck.png
394KB, 640x480px
>>88383016
It isn't just nostalgia. Stephen Hillenberg jumped ship after the movie, and a lot of the writing staff followed suit. This lead to other people inexperienced with the source material to take the show in a completely different direction simply because Nickelodeon wanted "more".

Watch Season 3 then Season 5 back to back. You'll see a world of difference, and not just in the animation.
>>
>>88383016
Likability
>>
>>88383169
Dude, it's a children cartoon.
>>
>>88383237
just watched it. It's still shit.

sigh
>>
>>88383410
Mostly this, though season 4 still had a few classic writers (it was the post-classic season with the most Paul Tibbit influence, and a bunch of people who were involved in season 1 but not 2 and 3, like Vincent Waller, Erik Weise, Chris Mitchell, and Tim Hill, were involved)
>>
S1 - S3 are consistently great.

Season 4 is mostly good but it has several duds.

Seasons 5+ have more bad episodes than good. There are some really great ones, like "Kracked Krabs" or "Sand Castles In The Sand"
>>
File: spongebob natal.jpg (111KB, 744x528px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob natal.jpg
111KB, 744x528px
>>88383016
Posts so far have been about the humor and writing but a big one for me is the visuals. Compare a screenshot from season 4 to season 3 and there's a big difference in coloring and character models.
>>
>>88383480
>>88383465
>S4 has several good episodes like Krusty Towers or the Junk Yard one
>Nick only ever seems to run that fucking awful Karate Island one over and over
>>
>muh nostalgia strawman

just fuck off, writers change for long running shows
>>
>>88383517
It won the contest so there's precedence for airing it a lot.
>>
will we ever get another golden era tier spongebob episode /co/?
>>
>>88383737
the later seasons have had several that come close, but they're surrounded by shit it's hard to find them. Don't know if any of them necessarily are as good as the old ones tho
>>
>>88383517
Krusty Towers was only good by merit of Squidward being happy for most of the episode. The episode is pretty standard later-season fare otherwise. I don't remember the other one.
>>
File: kek.png (334KB, 536x337px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
334KB, 536x337px
>>
>>88383451
Not the way I use 'em
>>
>>88383016
There are actual jokes instead of stuff happening.
>>
>>88384063
this
when stuff happened, it was funny. It wasn't just to do a story.
>>
>>88383016
........ yes

waits for angry reactions
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.