[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suddenly, the military and police become competent in comics.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Suddenly, the military and police become competent in comics. Which heroes and villains are now irrelevant? For example, the military currently has no means to deal with Galactus, so not only is he still a credible threat, but some heroes will need to remain to deal with him. Punisher, meanwhile, finds he either has no people left to kill or he himself is killed in a shootout with cops.
>>
>>88381673
You'd have to ramp up Batman's levels of ninjaness to a bullshit degree to explain how he is not brought down by the police.
So, Batman remains unchanged.
>>
I'm picturing both Spider-men, Miles and Peter, getting to go back to their every day lives and only help out super teams like the Avengers when some real heinous shit is going down, but honestly? If the police and military have their shit together and are helping keep the cities and the world safe, I imagine alot of the super heroes who aren't Superman-tier to actually go join up with the cops or the army.

The Xavier Institute would also actually get to do what it's fucking supposed to instead of train child soldiers, but on the flipside, I bet alot of military recruiters would hang out around graduation days trying to get mutants into the army...
>>
>>88383382
Military recruiters at the X-mansion... I can see this ending badly. Possibly Wolverine related badly.
>>
>>88383382
>trying to get mutants into the army...
That'd be neat. Have we ever had a real super hero as a soldier series? It gets mentioned and touched on a lot, but I can't think of a non-flashback or propoganda story with superhero/villain soldiers.

Let's make an X-men spinoff called the G-men where there are a bunch of supers in the military on both sides.
>>
File: Gangreen.jpg (56KB, 600x582px) Image search: [Google]
Gangreen.jpg
56KB, 600x582px
>>88383897
I predict this will end badly.
>>
>>88381673
>Sentinels mass-produced, used in the army, possibly making a "mech corps" the fifth branch of the military
>Government employs superheroes when they can, hired wizards n shit to make actually effective supervillain prisons
>Cybernetic modifcation becomes standard
>>
I could see Stark being relevant in the same way Lockheed/Boeing are relevant.
>>
>>88381673

competent as much as in real life or competent as common sense would dictate they should have to be in their setting?

because in real life most cops are potatos who shoot twice a year and can't hit the bowl when they piss let alone a perp.
>>
>>88384884
>I could see Stark being relevant in the same way Lockheed/Boeing are relevant.
THIS IS LITERALLY WHAT STARK ENTERPRISES ALREADY WAS
>>
I know it's an anime, but Black lagoon does this.
The show's about several groups high class mercenaries, militias and hitman.
But the general sentiment it to not fuck with Uncle Sam.
In the OVA the US finally show up, and steamroll through almost everyone.
It was refreshing to see the most well funded military in the world viewed as force to be reckoned with,
instead of being cannon fodder for super villains, spacebugs or giant mechs.
>>
>>88385107
Was. Not exactly at the moment.
>>
>>88382996
His ninja skills aren't even the biggest issue, the batmobile would just get followed by a helicopter or some squad cars. Even if they resolve not to confront him in the streets a determined FBI investigative team should be able to determine his identity easily enough.

Gotham in general gets a lot less exciting and just becomes as bad as East St. Louis.
>>
>>88385851
I'm remembering some thread on /co/ months ago which gave a rough timeline of how long it would take to catch Batman, but it ended with the concession that Bruce Wayne could probably use his fortune to cut some sort of deal with the feds. The Punisher has no hope in this world of effective policing and military defense, but maybe this world *gets* effective cops and army personnel because they get trained by Batman.

Makes ya think.
>>
It's not possible for cops and the military to become competent.
For cops and the military to become competent, the government would have to be competent. If the government is competent, then they wouldn't need the military and cops would be like the nanny cops in Chavland.
>>
>>88383897
Uber?
>>
>>88384076
Ant-Man built them several perfectly effective super villain prisons. They just need to recognize when someone is a big enough threat to warrant using them.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.