[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adventure Time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_5267.png (119KB, 420x238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5267.png
119KB, 420x238px
I just saw the new opening for Adventure Time Islands, and i'm super confused. I haven't seen the show since around when Finn's dad showed up and took his arm or whatever. Can anyone catch me up on what happened since then?
>>
>>88381154
You've missed two whole seasons, so a lot of stuff has happened.

If you want to catch up you're gonna have to watch the episodes. I will say that Season 6 was very divisive and a lot of people disliked it. I thought it was a mixed bag, mostly mediocre but also with some stellar episodes. Season 7 is almost universally liked, and arguably the best season so far.

We're heading into the last two seasons now, so it's a good time to catch up.
>>
>>88383011
im not sure i really care to catch up. if anything im just curious as to what happened to finn and flame princess, why lazy susan is relevant, and all that shit
>>
File: IMG_5686.jpg (211KB, 640x653px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5686.jpg
211KB, 640x653px
>>88383392
>lazy susan
Get that Gravity Falls shit outta here, anon.
>>
>>88383555
oh shit my bad i didn't even realize
>>
>>88383555
/ss/ Time
>>
>>88383392
Finn and Flame Princess are back on good terms, after Finn realised what he did was wrong and apologised to her.

Susan is actually a robotically enhanced human or maybe a cyborg, not sure yet. She is connected to the remaining humans either way. The upcoming miniseries is about Finn and Susan travelling to an island populated by other humans.

As for his arm...it's complicated. In Season 6, Finn's grass sword became his new arm. Finn also ended up having another version of himself trapped inside a sword. In the season 7 finale, his grass arm became bonded to the 'Finn Sword' and Finn lost his arm yet again. He must get a cybotic arm at the start of Season 8.
>>
File: AT.jpg (127KB, 1264x711px) Image search: [Google]
AT.jpg
127KB, 1264x711px
Do girls even like the Marceline/bubblegum focused episodes? I assume that's who they're written for.
>>
>>88384490
I'm assuming so, I don't get the impression that many guy fans are into it.
Lots of gay girls out there apparently.
>>
>>88384490
I really hate whoever took Marciline's clothes-changing gimmick and decided Bubblegum should do it, too.
>>
>>88384601
to be fair bubblegum's wardrobe wasn't minimal back in season 1
>>
>>88383924
It's cool, man. She's barely even appeared in the show. The writers just recently started incorporating her more, FINALLY.
>>
>>88384601
Are you saying you're not a fan of Bubblegum's gummy gams?
>>
>>88381154
The lich is a giant baby being raised by tree trunks

Finn is the reincarnation of a comet, so is the lich and most likely jake too.

Prismo was brought back to life as the result of a convoluted plan involving time loops which result in a version of Finn turning into a sentient sword and a version of Jake turning into a sleeping old man that dreams of Prismo to keep him alive.

PB got overthrown by an earwax man after the candy people voted her out due to suspicions of her secret activities but she is now back in power

Marceline is sailor moon and her mother was black

One of Jakes kids is a witch or some shit. seems powerful

The fire kingdom seems to have been created by Mo but it hasnt been explained much yet. At the very least he created what are essentially the fire kingdom's gods.

The Finn Sword was stolen and Finn was tricked into stabbing it with his grass sword, seemingly killing it. Grass from the grass sword was later seen crawling inside the hole in the Finn sword

Susan Strong has robot enhancements that were reactivated and she started trying to kidnap Finn while talking like a robot saying her objective was to find humans and take them to the others.

Susan was stopped and turned back to normal but the Finn sword turned into a grass golem of Finn weilding the grass sword.

Oh and Simon lives in a virtual town inside the Ice King's crown along with everyone else who ever wore the crown. And Betty is now magic-man
>>
>>88387168
Also we've seen a future version of OOO where everything seems pretty apocalyptic:

The candy kingdom is in stasis in sleep pods inside a giant gumball guardian that roams the land.

Beings that seem to be descendants of Jake and Lady Rainicorn are a space fairing race that use the crystal technology that has been implied to be related to Cosmic Owl and Prisomo's bosses

And there's a giant flying evil head monster that looks and sounds like Ice King
>>
File: IT'S GOLB, MOTHAFUCKAAAAS.png (80KB, 404x434px) Image search: [Google]
IT'S GOLB, MOTHAFUCKAAAAS.png
80KB, 404x434px
>>88387168
>>88387278
When is Big Boss comin' into play?
>>
>>88381154
You missed lots of promising plots being dropped one after the other.

Also anyone else get a little chuckle out of Jake's face when he fist bumps Finn's mechanical hand in the new intro?
>>
>>88387168
>>88387278
oh and one last thing ive forgotten

Princess Bubblegum, Slime Princess, and Flame Princess are the reincarnation of the elemental lords and the Ice elemental of the 1980s froze herself before the mushroom war and has reawakened. PB can shoot jelly beans out of her hand but is bad at it and could only manage one bean on her own, presumably because she doesnt believe in magic.

>>88387384
He's been mentioned but not thoroughly explained much like everything else. He's related to one of the dead worlds and seems to be the 'final stop'. The inhabitants of mars seem to be well aware of him, fearing his return. Magic Man's wife was taken by him and not even Prismo was able to bring her back, which surprised Prismo saying "that's never happened before"
>>
>>88387479
I can't wait to see where they take this whole Elementals idea in the future.
>>
>>88388220
nowhere

it will go nowhere
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.