[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nova

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
I'm about halfway through the 2013 run and it I'm enjoying it. Its kind of a typical teen super hero story though. How do you guys feel about Sam Alexander being Nova?
>>
>>88380210
I enjoy him a lot. I think he's one of the better "minority replacements" that Marvel has been making lately. Probably because unlike most of the others Sam is actually likeable.
>>
He's alright. Prepare for that one Dick Rider autist to show up and tear you a new one for daring to like him though.
>>
>>88380266

I haven't actually got around to reading any of the other "replacement" books, but Ultimate Spider-Man is next on my list. I hope that him being another teenage hero doesn't overlap too much with Nova or I might burn myself out.
>>
he's the only teen hero that's actually good these days
>>
>>88380210
Hes good people. Taking the role of suffering man.
>>
His book started out garbage. It was pretty enjoyable when Duggan was writing it though.

I didn't like him at first, but I've definitely warmed up to him. Excited to see how Richard and him react to each other.
>>
ThereĀ“s only so much suffering I can take.
>>
>>88380210
Book and character were shit under Loeb, got better later.
>>
>>88380591
No love for Robbie Reyes?
>>
>>88381666
Eli, pls go.
>>
>>88380210
I enjoy him a lot, he was best under Duggan, but his new current run seems to be shaping into something good too.

Otherwise he seems to be consistently fun, too bad about getting lumped into champions, even if he is the best part of it.
>>
A lot of people disliked him at first because Loeb, and the lack of explanation for Rich's fate when Starlord came back months earlier in Assemble
>>
File: 2.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>88380210
I'm just hoping he gets naked on a regular basis now.
>>
>>88380210
I think the phrase that best sums up Sam is "better than expected"

Back when he was first created and the Rich died everyone dreaded Sam because he was an unabashed monument to Loeb's dead son in a time where everything Loeb made was some kind of monument to his dead son (with each of them also being terrible.)

Then Sam turned out to basically just be inoffensive if not a bit bland, and overtime he's kind of found his niche and even become kind of likable.

So yeah, he's not a breakaway character or anything and he probably never will be, but there's nothing really wrong with him and things could have gone much worse.
>>
>>88382664
I remember the sentiment on /co/ was to prepare for SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM moments, but what we got instead was Spielberg-lite.

It was okay, but I actually ended up liking Sam by the time the second or third author got a crack at him.

>>88382643
Marvel has yet to stumble upon the "delicious brown shota" crowd, and yet the new cover throws him to tentacles.
>>
>>88380210
I like him. He's objectively kind of a shit legacy, since unlike Robbie Reyes or Amadeus Cho or Kamala Khan there's nothing that obviously sets him apart from a young Rich, but I enjoy him. His friendship with the Watcher was particularly sweet.
Just don't bother with his ANAD solo. Skip straight to the current one, though you can read issue #9 if you want because it's great.
>>
>>88381666
his book looked cool but wasn't really that much fun
>>
>>88380210
I'm just glad the real Nova might be back. Don't mind Sam being around, but wouldn't bother following his stories as a replacement.
>>
>>88380210
he should die of cancer
>>
>>88385332
Oh, god. Can you imagine?

Loeb would murder everyone between himself and the creative team that suggested it.
>>
>>88385332
harsh
>>
>>88380210
I like him a lot. He's on the edge between lame cool so he's fun. He'll just be a dick sometimes and its cool. His interactions with his Mom are the best since she gives off a milf vibe while still clearly being the brains behind their outfit. The plot got a bid confusing towards the end, though the initial few volumes were great.
>>
>>88382643
>get sam in briefs
>buts its by an artist who cant draw shotas
Lame. Also, when's Marvel gonna make Sam and Evan Sabahnur get together?
>>
>>88383162
I always liked his relationship with Cosmo
>>
He's not smart so he's the only superhero who I really identify with these days
>>
File: 73cc9e2a4ff9cbe35d89b2b3cae12d72.jpg (120KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
73cc9e2a4ff9cbe35d89b2b3cae12d72.jpg
120KB, 683x1024px
NOT MY NOVA
>>
>>88389551
That post gave me Cancerverse
>>
File: 637518-annihilation_02____6.jpg (761KB, 2560x1931px) Image search: [Google]
637518-annihilation_02____6.jpg
761KB, 2560x1931px
>>88389555
THE REAL NOVA PRIME HAS A SOLUTION FOR THAT
>>
>>88383014
>I remember the sentiment on /co/ was to prepare for SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM moments, but what we got instead was Spielberg-lite.

Thankfully Loeb got swept up in MCU before he had a chance to write the comics or else we would have been having a daily bitching thread about it.
>>
>>88390037
He wrote the first arc and it was completely inoffensive. It's nothing great, but it's a perfectly serviceable origin story.
>>
>>88392227
Ehhhn. The Guardians showing up abruptly because the plot said so was pretty bad, as was Rich being reduced to a brief mention from Rocket.
Really, it's a shame that they barely touched on Rich at all throughout Sam's run. It would've made people a lot more open to him.
>>
>>88392261

My understanding is that they barely talked about Rich because Sam would better relate to his own father.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.