[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me out /co/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 10

File: Безымянный.png (2MB, 1163x1686px) Image search: [Google]
Безымянный.png
2MB, 1163x1686px
I've just read a story by Alan Moore and Gary Leach "Cold War. Cold Warrior" and it doesn't seem very clear to me what these guys are talking about? Is it just jibberish or maybe it's some sort of compounding. Is it possible to assume at least what these guys are talking about?
>>
It is actually mentioned, that they use some kind of jargon, but then there should be some meaning behind those "slottoes", "munny-mammy", "blow louie".
>>
Part of Miracle Man.
>>
>>88374087
I don't know the context, but I'll attempt a translation.

>Well done my [slottoes - friends or companions or something?]
>This is the real deal... we've made it beyond their perimeter screens without them seeing us.
>Warpsmiths! Phuu! (spitting, I assume)
>Nothing but [meaningless insult] if you ask me.

>A little faster please, cranky boy. We're not through the [something dangerous] yet.
>That's true!
>(this part is indecipherable to me)

>Yap! Is the woman pissing herself in fear of the big scary things? Is the little girl crying over the creepy warpsmiths?
>It's true. Shut up now, cranky boy. Shut up now...

>...we're not through the [something dangerous] yet.

The rest can be read almost literally. Hesitance Simulators are probably some kind of obstacle, and Baffles are something to protect against that obstacle.
>>
>>88374650
Thanks, anon! Could you please decipher the rest? I can post other pages. The whole story is 10 pages long, but I have the only problem with these guys' speech. And they speak only on a couple of pages.
>>
>>88374807
I guess I could give it a shot.
>>
File: 2.png (2MB, 1108x1560px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
2MB, 1108x1560px
>>88374829
So, you deciphered the first page, and that's the next one. I'll just post all of them in case you need a context.
>>
File: 3.png (2MB, 968x1402px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
2MB, 968x1402px
>>
File: 4.png (2MB, 970x1401px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
2MB, 970x1401px
>>
File: 5.png (2MB, 963x1398px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
2MB, 963x1398px
Starting from this page, everything is clear. Posting just for the purpose of context.
>>
File: 6.png (2MB, 969x1399px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
2MB, 969x1399px
>>
File: 7.png (2MB, 969x1400px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
2MB, 969x1400px
>>
File: 8.png (2MB, 1035x1398px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
2MB, 1035x1398px
>>
File: 9.png (3MB, 1051x1398px) Image search: [Google]
9.png
3MB, 1051x1398px
>>
File: 10.png (2MB, 967x1397px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
2MB, 967x1397px
And the last one.
>>
>>88374963
Final panel:
>Pale and scary guys out of nowhere! Discovered! We've been discovered
(this is a pure guess, since "ranulfed" can mean a lot of things and the sentence will still work, for example it could mean "we're been betrayed", "we've been tricked", "we've been trapped", etc. and it would still work in context as far as I can tell)
>I think I'm going to shit my pants.

Panel 2:
>Shut up, Kranky boy. They're trying to scare us. They won't really kill us.

Panel 3:
>Our employer told us we had to put the bomb in place before he [let go of the louie - no idea here, but it's obviously related to what they said in the first page]. If we mess up now we'll be screwed.

>It's true. I say we kick their ass and I say we do it... Now!

Final panel:
>[Hushabye and Krank - their names apparently, which means that she wasn't calling him cranky like I thought, his name is just Krank] have been taken out! The scary guys weren't bluffing!

>Don't get scared now, [Joxie - probably his name]. Hit those tall scary guys with your [statue-cube - a weapon I assume]. I'm running for the [mun - no idea what this means here].
>>
>>88375215
Oops, I fucked up. Most of this post is for >>88374982

>>88375014
>Y-you killed her! She was my [gimmy-jukie - girlfriend?] and you KILLED her!
>She wasn't going to destroy your building. It was a joke! She didn't have a bomb!
>It was just a joke!
>>
>>88375263
>>88375056
Oh ok, apparently she's both his sister and his girlfriend. so gimmy-jukie could mean either or both of those.
>>
>>88375263
Thanks, anon! You were a great help!
>>
>>88375360
No problem.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.