[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about getting into The Outsiders. Which volumes and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 2755085-01.jpg (80KB, 416x640px) Image search: [Google]
2755085-01.jpg
80KB, 416x640px
Thinking about getting into The Outsiders. Which volumes and runs are worth grabbing?
>>
First ones. Rest of the books are garbage.
>>
>>88367085
From what I found there's 4 volumes of "Outsiders" plus "Adventures of Outsiders" and "Batman and the Outsiders" and something called Five of a Kind.

The dates have some overlaps. Which are the first ones?
>>
Also if there are some good comics leading up to the formation of the team worth checking out what are they?
I just know Batman gets upset for some reason and makes his own team.
>>
>>88367099
Barr's like first 40 issues and then it gets boring
>>
>>88367099
Whatever is written by Barr, sorry, not knowing names of books. Even if I don't like issues with Faust and Eradicator.
>>88367345
They literally form in first issue. Batman wanted to go to Markovia and save Lucius Fox, League didn't, he quit and went. Geo-Force was fighting rebels there, Katana went to find guy who offed her husband, Halo was found there amnesiac, Metamorpho was looking for scientist who gave Geo-Force his powers. Lather Black Lightning and Looker join.
Looker worst girl, btw.
And you can read Convergence: Batman and the Outsiders, I don't remember it triggering me.
>>
>>88367345
That's literally it.
Batman gets told by the League that he can't intervene in a problem because it might cause an international incident and he tells them to fuck off and ends up forming his own while going to the country to fix the problem he found.

This is the fucking badass 1970's/1980's Bronze Age Batman BTW, one of the last version of Batman in comics that actually ends up acting like how Batman should and doing what Batman should do before the early-00's basically derail his character forever.
>>
>>88367467
Barr was a great Batman writer
>>
>>88367502
Agreed
>>
>>88367080
The Barr run
The 2007 run
Five of a Kind
>>
the first run of the series is good...though eventually Batman leaves.

HOWEVER
I think this was the start of Metamorpho being a Ben Grimm type character instead of being the fun loving freak character he was when he first came out.
its a minor thing really...I just prefer the groovy version
>>
File: IMG_2329.jpg (216KB, 584x903px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2329.jpg
216KB, 584x903px
Not reading the best run? Shame in you.
>>
Just remember that Windfall is Suffering: The Character. Gets it even worse than Karma.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.